The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
1890 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960023
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm –12:00am, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm – 2:00am, Sunday 3:00pm – 12:00am
Happy Hour offered in our Bar and Patio Monday-Friday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offers a semi-private area for groups up to 15 people. Call for details for groups over 15 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3032960023
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (48)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Keg SteakhouseGerryDined on 3/2/2014Four of us dined at the Keg. Everyone absolutely loves their meals, and our server Robert was incredibly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!JuneBugDined on 3/1/2014Took my sister and brother-in-law here for their anniversary. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDanEDined on 3/1/2014The staff was friendly. The service and food were outstanding. A warm and cozy ambience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We were disappointed with our meals, with the exception of the salad- great caesar salad. One baseball sirloin steak was cooked right but was tough and lacked flavor, second one was extremely overcooked (ordered Medium) and lacked flavor. Definitely not the "melt in your mouth" steak the waiter described. Quite disappointed.Special Features:
- reservationsjackieDined on 2/28/2014The point in making a reservation is so you don't have to wait. We waited 30mins after our reservation time. The food took forever to come out. I heard very good things about this restaurant & came out disappointed.Special Features:
- 5280 date nightMotobumR1Dined on 2/28/2014I took my girlfriend there for the last night of restaurant week (come to find out they're doing it 2 extra days) and we enjoyed our whole evening. Kristen took great care of us the whole night. Food was also great, as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014By far, my favorite steakhouse in downtown Denver! Reasonably priced and amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience at The KegTMacDined on 2/28/2014We visit The Keg every year for Denver Restaurant Week, as well as other occasions throughout the year. Our meals were very tasty and service from Jeff was spot on. Great night out with friends (who hosted their wedding rehersal dinner at The Keg and raved about it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The Keg was one of the best places that I have eaten at in years. I loved everything there, the food, wine, dessert, drinks, ambience, and especially the service WOW!Special Features:
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2014A little disappointed because I've heard good things. We felt like we were taking too much time just sitting and catching up. Very irritating and will not be back.
- Restaurant Week Audiblehurleymann07Dined on 2/27/2014Went to The Keg for Denvers Restaurant Week but when we arrived we couldn't resist the full menu and decided to order off of that instead of the special one made for the occasion. They were out of prime rib for the night which I will admit was disappointing but it didn't surprise me as this is what they are known for and was a special on their restaurant week menu, but they were very considerate with the situation and it made the problem cope able. Not to mention their Manhattan was by far the best I have had! Definitely made it on my list of places to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There for Denver RestaurantSmittyDined on 2/27/2014There for Denver Restaurant week - great menu, a good value for the amount & quality of food. Been before - will go back.Special Features:
- This was my second time atTraceyDined on 2/26/2014This was my second time at The Keg, both times were great and the meal was amazing! Our server was super friendly and helpful with picking wine for our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a frequent dinnerRegularDined on 2/26/2014Probably not wanting to go, water was spilled by server, service was slow, things were wrong and used to be the highlight and refer a ton of people, probably won't come back.
- Hit or MissOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2014I feel like The Keg is a hit or miss restaurant. The first time I ever went was during restaurant week where I ordered a filet. I wasn't overly impressed and didn't have plans to return, but then my friend asked me to accompany her for her birthday. I ordered the baseball steak and WOW! was I impressed! It was thick, full of flavor, juicy, and cooked exactly to my request. The house salad was big, fresh, and bursting with flavor. Those two things, alone, were enough for me to want to return. When I went back for this year's restaurant week, I had a similar experience to my first. The food was just...meh. Nothing to write home about. The baseball steak just didn't knock my socks off. Not sure if I'll go back, due to the inconsistency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGolfDufferDined on 2/26/2014Another great meal; the best in a long time. Wedge salad, probably the best Prime Rib ever, twice baked potato and Mango Creme Brulee. My son had the baseball sized Sirloin( it was huge) with Grilled Vegetables and Brownie w/Ice Cream. We probably had 7-8 employees take care of us throughout the meal. Brooke served us and was great. The next time we come back I will be asking to sit in her section. The entree's were delivered by the Kitchen Manager. Several other servers and assistants helped too. The Front of House Manager was walking her beat to make sure everything was up to snuff. If you are looking for a Great meal in a fun place with Great service, it's the downtown Keg..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2014We have been going to The Keg for a number of years and have never had bad food or service. The issue we had was the vodka gimlet we ordered, it was so bad we had to send it back. It tasted and looked only like it had fresh lime juice with no vodka. Our server was very good and extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back. Our server (Dustin) was very pleasant--attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed ourselves so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDSPCuteOneDined on 2/25/2014The garlic shrimp were rich and decadent. The baseball sirloin was incredible. They don't even have steak sauce on the tables because there is no need for it. My steak was cooked perfectly and the garlic mashed potatoes were divine. I was too full to truly appreciate my brownie with ice cream, but it was quite good as well. When we mentioned to Tony that we were pressed for time due to parking meters and the show we were headed to, he expedited getting our separate checks to us and running cards so that we could leave quickly. That was much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice during "DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014Great choice during "Denver Restaurant Week" dinner with wife and daughter, who arrived in town to help celebrate my birthday. Friendly, efficient staff, good food (we ate off the "week" menu), and the drinks were not overpriced. I'd recommend this LoDo steakhouse, and expect to return...Special Features:
- Excellent dinner, service,GazleDined on 2/25/2014Excellent dinner, service, ambiance. Good attention to details. Will return.Special Features:
- DeliciousKdinerDined on 2/24/2014The food was very tasty, seasoned and cooked well. The server started out a little aloof but got better and more attentive throughout dinner. All and all a great dining experience and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedSteakluvDined on 2/24/2014I felt a bit rushed while I was there. The asked to order my courses one at a time and it seemed like they needed me to order all at once. I would have liked to take my time more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great picksimkaDined on 2/24/2014This place was yummy. A great pick for restaurant week!Special Features:
- I owed a debt to a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2014I owed a debt to a friend - wasn't planning on actually doing the 5280 Restaurant week special but it was well worth it. Probably one of the best 5280 menu's on the list. The only complaint is that our service was not as good as expected. Had been there weeks ago and it was good - this time it took a while to come back to our table to fill up our water and brink requested items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The KegKITADined on 2/23/2014The Keg is a pleasant experience. The wait staff is friendly and kind. My only disappointment was when my food arrived it was lukewarm instead of hot. I tried to eat it but could not and had to send it back. The manager was apologetic and only offered to pay for a glass of wine for me instead of my meal. That was disappointing. I know that they could do more to earn my business but choose not to and that's unfortunate. In today's economy where everyone provides the same things the Keg should be trying to stand out instead of blending in. At the end of the day it will only be about the service you provide. Warm food is a big deal and taking off the price of a glass is wine is more an insult than a compromise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekMiVidaMiaDined on 2/23/2014My boyfriend and I tried THE KEG for restaurant week and it was wonderful. We will be eating at this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Sunday @ 5:30GaryWSDined on 2/23/2014The food was excellent. We all (party of 7) ordered either the Baseball sirloin or the sirloin Oscar and there were no regrets. The "real" meat eaters in our group practically "inhaled" the entrée. Appetizers and dessert made for a well rounded meal. We also had our six month old granddaughter who just jabbered most of the evening and the noise level was sufficient to not be an issue. The service was also wonderful. Attentive, knowledgeable and pleasant. One of our group ordered a dark beer. The waitress poured the beer and upon setting it down realized that she brought the wrong beer and immediately corrected the situation. Impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 dinnerJMMFDined on 2/23/2014We were seated quickly, the service was quick, friendly and informative. My only disappointment was that my husband's sirloin was a little tough and mine had gristle in it. We had the Oscar topping which was great as were the sides and desserts we chose. Will probably give the Keg another try.Special Features:
- Great prime ribNightowlDined on 2/22/2014We went for Denver restaruant week. Our waiter was very nice and explianed the menu and his recommendations. The prime rib was delicious, cooked perfectly. I noticed they didn't have moscato on their wine menu. I asked the waiter if they had any (sometimes its not listed on the menus). I was surprised that they didn't, so I ordered an iced tea. Our waiter forgot my iced tea and I had to remind him. He apologized and stated that the drinks were on the house. Other than that, its a nice restaurant and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 weekimpressedDined on 2/22/2014Excellent food!! 5280 week dinner for 2!!enjoyed this place very much..baseball steak was great..the keg steakhouse is the definition of excellence..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerMrsThurmanDined on 2/22/2014Our group chose to go to The Keg for restaurant week and Im glad we did. Their menu selection was great. I got the prime rib and twice baked potato. It was so flavorful, far better than I expected! We will definitely be making another reservation at The Keg.Special Features:
- excellentAshleyDined on 2/22/2014Food was excellent. Nice atmosphere. Waiter was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Steak!MarymDined on 2/22/2014We had the Baseball Sirloin! It was huge and delicious. We love the atmosphere of this place, dark woods and great lighting. Great service, too.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014This was my first visit to The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. I was taking advantage of the menu offered during Denver Restaurant Week. I ordered the Garlic Shrimp Cheese appetizer. I was expecting full sized shrimp. When they brought out the dish, it was covered in melted cheese. To my amazement under the cheese, the dish had five or six little petite shrimp. What a disappointment. I was also disappointed with the quality of my steak. I ordered a 12 ounce Sirloin. I expected that it would be so tender,you could cut it with a butter knife. When I sliced into my steak, I hit a muscle or a ligament. What a disappointment. It ran almost entirely through the whole piece of meat. The best part of my meal was the baked potato.
- Great beef choices for DenverQuadGirlDined on 2/22/2014Great beef choices for Denver Restaurant Week. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeFlashDined on 2/18/2014Ate at the bar the bartender was attentive and personable. He made some suggetsions since it was my first time and was very helpful. Good happy hour pricing and it goes until 7pm (instead of the standard 6pm which was nice). I will return.Special Features:
- It has been several yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014It has been several years since I last had dinner at the Keg and I have to say after my latest dinner there I don't know why I don't get there more often. Great bar, greate food, a truely enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special for a reasonjaerbaerDined on 2/16/2014Was a very special night and The Keg made it more so. Excellent food fit for a King and Queen. New favorite Special Night eating place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food; Awesome serviceFabulousDined on 2/16/2014We had a wonderful night out with friends and enjoyed Fabulous food with Awesome service! The best drink in the house is the Orange Slice Martini; YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.