The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
1890 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032960023
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm
Bar: Monday-Thursday 3:00pm –12:00am, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm – 2:00am, Sunday 3:00pm – 12:00am
Happy Hour offered in our Bar and Patio Monday-Friday from 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Offers a semi-private area for groups up to 15 people. Call for details for groups over 15 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3032960023
A word from The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar serves the finest cuts of succulent steak, aged for tenderness and grilled to perfection. Prime rib is a Keg specialty, slow roasted, hand carved and perfectly seasoned with special Keg spices. The restaurant also serves delicious seafood, memorable appetizers, crisp salads… and decadent desserts. A casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and up-scale bar setting where guests can enjoy an excellent wine list, signature Keg martinis, and fresh squeezed juice cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (46)good for groups (28)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014We dined here for my boyfriend's birthday. It is a good steakhouse but nothing out of the ordinary. They advertise that their prime rib is their specialty. It was good, but I've had better. The steak was very good. Everything met expectations except the Manhattan. I would not recommend ordering this if you are a Manhattan connoisseur. It was served over crushed ice, which I found appalling, and watered down the drink quickly. The menu advertised that there should be a "house-made drunken Bing cherry" in the drink, but it was a straight up maraschino cherry - disappointing to say the least. I almost sent the drink back. Overall the experience was fine, but for the price I would expect a more special experience.Special Features:
- Very average high end steakhouseDeltaMarkDined on 7/25/2014The steaks are good, but not quite on the level with other high end steakhouses. It is very reasonably priced compared to others. Every steak includes veggies and another side. Some include a salad also. Not a bad meal or experience, just not in the top level.
- Great Place to eatThemomrocks1026Dined on 7/19/2014As usual The Keg delivered great service and even better food. You have to try their Orange Slice Martini it is delicious !!!! Great for an evening out or the go to place when family comes to visit. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLoveeatingoutDined on 7/6/2014We have been to the Denver Keg several times over the last 6 or 7 years. Until this last time, the food has always been excellent. The guys always love the steaks!This time the steaks were not very good quality. I had the salmon which I usually get and it was very dry & the glaze was not on it. The restaurant was pretty empty which was probably a sign of not such great food anymore. We were all disappointed as the Keg had been one of our favorite places to eat when visiting our kids in Denver.Special Features:
- The Keg / LoDo2phillykiddsDined on 7/4/2014Love this place. Good eating. Short walk to the ballpark. Excellent service, menu, and Prime Rib.Special Features:
- amazing foodColoradoCouple2012Dined on 7/2/2014The food is amazing. Dining for two with a few drinks cost us $130... drinks are way over priced. Salad was over priced as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioussteak4meDined on 6/29/2014Service was great our waitress did a very nice job of making recommendations. Food was prepared the way we requested and was delicious.Special Features:
- Denver Dinner @ The KegOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent service! Food was perfectly prepared and courses were delivered timely. Quality was top notch. Nothing more to say then A+++ across the board!Special Features:
- The following 1227 reviews are from the The Keg Steakhouse + Bar reviews archive.
- great food, great serviceJuanitaDined on 6/20/2014The food was delicious! Perfectly cooked! We like our food spicy, so we asked our waiter if they had any grilled jalapeños and they did! Boy was it hot! our waiter was very attentive! Overall, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver's Best BeefOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent find for the meat lovers. Variety of the offered selections, with range of sizes. The aged beef (prime rib and filet) were cured, cooked and cut to perfection. The entrees were seasons appropriately, cuts has the appropriate marbling for the cut. Well trained and helpful staff (had excellent suggestions for wine pairings, that were spot on!). Portions were spot on. The request to address that one in our party has a hearing issue, noted on the advance reservation. was considered, and we were seating in a very quiet corner (Thank you).Special Features:
- Time well spentGetseriousDined on 6/18/2014My favorite steak house in Denver for great food, preparation and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOutoftowneatersDined on 6/17/2014Best steak I've had in many years. Food and service was amazing everyone was polite and well knowledge on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SteaksGeeGeeDined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The steaks were all cooked to everyone's preference. The vegetables that came with my dinner were delicious. The kids' menu was good and the kids received a fruit plate while we had our salad. The portions were just right. Service was good, but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and valueGeorgeVIPDined on 6/15/2014I dine here 2-3 times per month - very consistent food and service , absolutely the best Steak and Wine "Values" in LODO. Almost an upscale neighborhood bar.... 95% of what you get from the National Steak chains (Mortons, Sullivans, Capital Grill, etc) at 60% of the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014The service we received from our waiter, Duston, and the manager on duty, was outstanding. I will recommend The Keg to all my friends and family due mainly to these individuals, although the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Best Meal I've Had In DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Went to The Keg for my birthday last weekend. It was hands down the best meal I've had in Denver thus far. I had the bacon wrapped filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes-amazing. Great service too!Special Features:
- We love The Keg!marriedandstilldatingDined on 6/7/2014The Keg in downtown Denver has been a family favorite for many many years. We typically have dinner there several times a year with one of our most favorite occasions being Christmas Eve. We raised two beautiful daughters in the Denver area and both are grown and married, neither live in Denver or even Colorado. Our oldest daughter was in town for a visit and, of course, we had to take her and our four-year old grandson to The Keg. Thank you for the excellent service (Robert), tasty food and fair prices!Special Features:
- so-soCritarkusDined on 6/1/2014nice atmosphere, friendly staff, average food - good for a late night snack and quiet drink.
- Great Times at the Keg DenverSJT14Dined on 6/1/2014This was a great time and amazing company. I would strongly agree The Keg (Denver) to my friends and family. Everyone that we encountered from the host to the waiter were extremely friendly and helpful. The manager even stopped by our table to check on us and make sure that everything was just perfect for our dinner. They have a great menu and again our waiter did an amazing job explaining all of our options for dinner selections. He also accomdadated with some special options so we would not be so stuffed when the main meal came. I would say we spent 3 hours at the restaurant and never at one time felt rushed in any way. All and All I would rate this resturant as a "Must" for anyone looking for nice night out in Downtown Denver.Special Features:
- excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Excellent service and food. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBillsbestfriendVIPDined on 5/20/2014The usually superb Keg has been less than it's usual excellent self the past couple of times we visited. Steak overcooked, onion soup undercooked with pale unbroiled cheese on top. I think we will give them one more shot as they have always been excellent - maybe just a little off a couple of times.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceGutzDined on 5/18/2014Perfect dinner and drinks with friends near the ball park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out did themselvesoutoftownerDined on 5/16/2014Outstanding service and food. They even brought a birthday card to the table and a candle in the key lime pie. Every time I've gone to the keg it gets better. thank you for the great time, I go every time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayChefGranddadDined on 5/11/2014Restaurant did not have our OpenTable res. It was lucky for us they could seat us anyway! The Kegs Chicago style steak reminds me of the old Stockyard Inn. Charred outside but rare or med. rare within. Very good for a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and enjoyableLivelife1Dined on 5/9/2014Love the valet service...our waiter Jeff was engaging ...helpful with menu and the evening was presented very good service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014I've been to the Keg in Canada several times. This was my first visit to Denver Keg and it did not disappoint. The food was the usual high quality, the restaurant is beautiful with a nice bar area. Kristen, our server, was excellent and very patient with our group (who were talking so much we didn't order for a while). I will be back!Special Features:
- Really nice restaurantGonzoCDined on 5/2/2014We really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and helped us get the right meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- negirlVIPDined on 4/29/2014Great food, service and atmosphere and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerReedVIPDined on 4/26/2014We came to the Keg for my husbands Birthday dinner. The B-Day coupon you sent him was fantastic. And the service was excellent. My husbands and our other friends got the steak and crab legs which was great, I got the salmon which was not so great. Overall it was a good experience and we'll definitely come back, just not for the salmon!
- Good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2014The food was a bit overpriced for the quality. Went there for a birthday dinner. We received cards from the manager, but nothing else special. I doubt we will go back to this restaurant.
- kinda stuck in a time warpBigKidVIPDined on 4/20/2014Hello. I have a small issue with restaurants that are stuck in a time-warp. The plating and preparation seemed a bit out dated. the service and food was good. We sat very late in the evening, so the restaurant was rather quiet.
- I will return!FloridianFoodieDined on 4/20/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. I travel to Denver twice a year and I will visit Keg each time im here!Special Features:
- Good as I rememberCOminerDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I joined a friend at the Keg recently. We have eaten here a few times and it was as good as I remember. My wife's steak was overdone but they immediately cooked her a new one that was perfect. The setting and location was great for friend's to converse and catch up.Special Features:
- Sirloin OscarDieselDDined on 4/12/2014Good Food Good atmosphere, have been here before will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices were reasonable steaksCsl7095Dined on 4/10/2014Prices were reasonable steaks were great cocktails were delicious as wellI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fantastic steakhouseMammaLlamaDined on 4/9/2014Will not go back. It has the cost of an exclusive steakhouse, not the quality. The waiter was very so aloof to a point where he just did not care. He was unfamiliar with 1 of the 2 champagnes on the menu. The 2 champagne selections were completely generic. The calamari is nothing to write home about, the mushrooms are puny and just have tons of cheap cheese melted on them. The chicken dip was the best starter and who goes to a steakhouse for chicken dip? Not a variety of cuts of meat on the menu, no plain ol' ribeye. I had a 10oz. prime rib and it was SO tough. I had to saw at it with my knife. Not juicy. Only 1 vegetable side to select from. Horseradish was not the creamy you want with prime rib. Carrot cake was good.
- ExcellentValentineDined on 4/4/2014Great vibe during the opening day baseball game. Food was very good service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!kathieDined on 3/8/2014enjoyable from the time we entered until the time we leftSpecial Features:
- Keg SteakhouseGerryDined on 3/2/2014Four of us dined at the Keg. Everyone absolutely loves their meals, and our server Robert was incredibly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!JuneBugDined on 3/1/2014Took my sister and brother-in-law here for their anniversary. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.