1727 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrobistrodc.com/
- Phone: 2023281640
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 11pm,
Friday: 11am - 11:30pm,
Saturday: 10am - 11:30pm.
Sunday: 10am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know three days in advance about your event, and we will team up to please your taste buds, and impress your guests.
- Entertainment: Classical and jazz background Music
A word from Bistro Bistro
Bistro Bistro is becoming part of the Dupont Circle culinary infrastructure, offering exquisite French and Mediterranean cuisine. Our private dining room upstairs can accommodate up to 100 guests with built-in AV function for your special presentations.Continued
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Our 4pm - 7pm happy hours include Martinis for $4.95, glass of wine for $4.00, beer for $3.50 and mixed house drinks for $4.00. Also check out our very popular Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bistro Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (13)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Realistic ExpectationsYummyDined on 4/20/2014We were late for our reservation but the host seated as as quickly as he could given the numerous reservations and walk-ins of large parties. The buffet was about what I expected for a $25 all you can eat brunch. Highlights were the ham egg's benedict, roasted salmon, raw seafood spread (when it had options minus the watered down cocktail sauce), meatloaf, mimosas, and fresh fruit. What you can avoid, the homefries, the omelet station (essentially scrambled eggs with toppings), Dessert table (unwrapped pre-made hostess snacks and jell-o cups). If you want fine dining don't come for the brunch buffet as there are no a la carte options, but if you want plates of tasty food and a fun atmosphere, check out Bistro Bistro.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchJennyDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant was friendly with good service but the food was mediocre at best. The buffet meats were over cooked and the desserts looked all store bought and not made in house. Options on the dessert table included containers of Jello and canned peaches for Easter! We were very disappointed.
- NessDined on 4/19/2014I took my best friend to Bistro Bistro to celebrate her birthday. We both ordered Ribeye steak and frites and asked for it medium rare. When we received the steak it was almost well done. The server took our steaks and returned with two perfectly medium rare cooked steaks that were delicious. The server brought us a complimentary glass of wine while we waited. To finish our meal, the staff turned off the lights in the restaurant and came out with a dessert with a giant candle on it that resembled a sparkler. The entire restaurant sang happy birthday to my friend. The overall experience ended up being terrific even with the initial minor glitch. I highly recommend this restaurant for birthdays.
- Lentil soup better the 2nd nightWestCoastStarDined on 4/17/2014We chanced on this spot walking back to our hotel and noted the menu board out front. Lentil soup pulled me in. Service was friendly and we were seated immediately. We were given a roll with parsley garlic stuff- yum! We ordered the special menu beginning with the lentil soup followed by chicken Marsala and a big swirl of linguine. The bowl of soup was so tasty and large, I barely ate any of my entree. We returned the next night since it was cold and a bowl of soup seemed just right. We had the house salad and it was just the right amount. I felt was that the noise level was very loud. I don't know if it was acoustics or if it was because the large front windows were shut against the cold, but conversation was very difficult.Special Features:
- Good, not greatEstherVIPDined on 4/17/2014My date and I enjoyed the restaurant and our meal, although as the title states, felt that everything - ambiance, martinis, appetizers, meal, menu were all good, but not great. The service was more than acceptable. It's worth trying, but I don't think I'd run back.Special Features:
- Teen's Birthday on DC VisitMyLardyDadDined on 4/16/2014Were visit DC for a short break and staying at a Hotel nearby. Booked this based on the reviews for our "fussy eater" teens birthday. Service was a bit slow to start but food was good (especially the Mussels) and everyone had a nice time. Lots of good restaurants in the area though, so competition is strong.Special Features:
- Bountiful BrunchDCDinerDined on 4/13/2014We went on a cherry blossom Sunday at 1pm. Fantastic variety and well stocked buffet brunch. Opted for the bottomless Bloody Mary and our waiter never slacked,,when the glass hit the table he was right there with it to refill. Made to order omelette, crisp bacon and sausage as well as ham. Jumbo shrimp cocktail and on and on, we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro, Bistro is Boffogood8terVIPDined on 4/11/2014A great place to eat and enjoy dishes not usually available. The Cassoulet was tremendous and part of a fixed price 3 course meal that included a martini and a glass of wine all for about $45. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Inexpensive FoodPeterandHelenDined on 4/6/2014A relaxed atmosphere, great good to share as you meet friends from out of town and relax. Food is fit for a more formal atmosphere, such as the Portobello ravioli. Yet, it is not stuffy or formal. Service was excellent and friendly without being chummy. Would definitely go back for relaxed, casual meetings, an inexpensive meal including the dinner special which includes a Martini and glass of wine with the 3 course meal for just $49...can't beat the price and the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, deceptive nameDanManVIPDined on 4/6/2014If what you want is a big brunch buffet of boring dishes except for fresh fruit, skip this place and find something with better food. We ordered off the menu and my omelette was burned with frozen spinach filling and tasteless hashbrowns and they only have white bread. Boring and tasteless food is all I can say. And to pretend that this place is somehow connected to the bistro tradition is deceptive.
- Birthday BrunchbirthdaygirlDined on 4/6/2014I came here for brunch with a group of 8 friends and it was perfect! We had the whole upstairs to ourselves at a large table with comfortable couch/benches and pillows. The food was great and very reasonably priced. The wait staff was excellent and we didn't feel rushed at all, spending almost 2 hours there. They also brought a complimentary bottle of champagne with a sparkler. I would highly recommend Bistro Bistro for special events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchJamieDDined on 4/6/2014Not your typical breakfast-only buffet. The amount of seafood available was astonishing. I've gone two weekends in a row and it's safe to say that this is now my favorite brunch spot.Special Features:
- Executive Committee Early-arrivalsFrankGVIPDined on 4/2/2014I have always liked Bistro Bistro a lot--- the early arriving Members of my association Executive Committee that I brought along on Wednesday night LOVED it. This is a group for the most part who travel a lot, like to eat and drink, and can be pretty jaded about so-so service, food, and drinks. They loved our waitress AND the food--- i think what they loved most was that the food is VERY good while remaining simple French bistro fare, the drinks and wine list are all great, the atmosphere is comfortable--- casual enough to relax--- formal enough to not be sloppy--- and the service has ALWAYS been excellent every time I have been there with a personable, friendly, and knowledgeable young person.Special Features:
- Fine Continental Foodluv2eatVIPDined on 4/2/2014As always, we are always provided a warm welcome when we dine here. The ambiance is very nice with a great street scene view. The servers are attentive and courteous, the food is outstanding and generous portions abound. The prix fixe is quite a bargain! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedHenKattDined on 3/31/2014An annual conference is held at a local hotel each year. We chose this restaurant over another local one that we love. We had heard that is was very good. Boy were we disappointed. The food was soggy and bland. I requested information on a red wine. The waitress recommended a wine that was not at all what I had requested. Our group asked about menu item, the waitress said she had never had it, but that several people had ordered it. The calamari was not crisp. The entrees were disappointing as well. Overall, I would not recommend this place. There are too many good restaurants in the DC area to eat bad food, drink mediocre wine, and have poor service!
- Nice Sunday BrunchFSFGDined on 3/30/2014Sixteen of us were there for brunch on Sunday. Price was good; food was good; staff was very accommodating. Would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!jamievDined on 3/29/2014Great attention paid to quality ingredients and proper preparation. Table of four had mussels, steak, pork chop and fish and we all exclaimed on how GOOD it tasted and how well the textures had been developed. My mussels in white wine were plump and the broth delicious. The frites stayed crisp and hot throughout my meal. Great restaurant to meet friends and enjoy good food.Special Features:
- Good for business, not pleasureTackyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Most of us chose from the fixed price options, which I've read is a way for the kitchen to unload food on its last "sell by" date, but we were all satisfied, if not exactly wowed. The mussels were fine, and if I had had more bread to soak up the saffron cream in which they were served, would have been even better, but I make a better cassoulet myself. Service was attentive, and the noise level was low enough that we could all hear each other without effort. I'd return for a business dinner, but there are better options for a date night. Only real complaint: Was served a dreadful martini during happy hour, and then had to have the bill corrected to reflect HH prices - overcharged for a bad drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/24/2014Maybe it was because it was a Monday and the restaurant hadn't recieved any deliveries. Maybe it was because there were only 3 or 4 tables occupied during the entire 2 hours we were there. This was one of the worst lunches I have ever had in a restaurant in Washington. The onion soup was tepid and thin; the onions in it were undercooked. There was some kind of glop on the pate de compagne which was served with crackers. Crackers? Really?When we asked for a baguette, they told us they never serve their pate with baguette, always crackers, but we could have toast. That turned out to be white loaf bread toasted. The endive in the endive, apple and walnut salad was well past its prime. There were 3 of us; none of us will ever return.
- Damn the reviews, full speed ahead!teddybeartwoVIPDined on 3/16/2014Disregard the bad reviews. Perfect place for a sunday brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, but probably won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014I wanted to try this place because I love French Bistros, and it had a reservation slot open for the time I was needing to meet my cousin. The staff was very friendly. I loved them. The food was ok, but really overpriced for the quality. No one was really impressed with their food....other than my little ones that ordered pizza. (yes, there were some italian dishes available.....at this French Bistro.....)Special Features:
- Bistro Bistro was delicious.pokadotsDined on 3/12/2014Bistro Bistro was delicious. Great selection of food that tastes great. Did not expect the place to be so laid back. It was refreshing and a relaxing dinner. I would recommend this place to anyone. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- I went to Bistro Bistro forTRaceyDined on 3/8/2014I went to Bistro Bistro for Saturday Brunch. They had a very extensive menu of breakfast items (eggs, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, french toast, savory & sweet crepes, etc.) which is what attracted me, besides a normal lunch menu. The ambiance was nice as well with cushions against the wall which was relaxing. There were only a few other diners so we received excellent service. The food was very good and pleasing to the eye. My only negative comment was although they offered banana crepes, banana & blueberry waffles and blueberry pancakes - they actually had no fresh fruit to make any of these. I ended up getting apple, cinnamon & honey french toast which was excellent, which was only garnished with apple.Special Features:
- Good food!SandiDined on 3/4/2014I was surprised more people weren't there. The service was amazing and food good. The mussels were outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Food & Superb ServiceTmacDcDined on 2/26/2014Have eaten at Bistro Bistro over ten times in last two months and have never been disappointed. Excellent food and very attentive and warm service. Specials have been uniformly good; some of the best mussels in town. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Have taken several very picky (about food) friends to Bistro Bistro and all have loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing bistroSoupDined on 2/24/2014Although we were the only people there when we arrived, the service was polite, but quite slow. The onion soup was tasteless and cool; the Veal Francaise was tasty but served with a pasta with meat sauce but no vegetable. What country were they representing?? My companion had a Caesar salad with chicken that was something you could expect to put together at your local grocery. The rolls were dry and flavorless. Everything was edible, but we were very disappointed in this restauarant. We will probably not return, as there are many fine dining places in Dupont Circle. Alas, this is not one of them.
- Loved the food! The escargotStacy441VIPDined on 2/22/2014Loved the food! The escargot was the best I had and the Chicken crepes were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm willing to give it another tryMo2artDined on 2/22/2014I think my food was good, but not that good. I can usually tell the quality of the restaurant by its soup, so I ordered the french onion. It's definitely better than Bistrot Du Coin, but I was not exactly licking my lips either. The steak salad would have been great if they had better dressing. My friend's quiche and potatoes were extremely greasy and it did not sit well with her stomach. All in all, the food wasn't bad, so I would go again when it gets warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for a quick biteWMColmes14VIPDined on 2/21/2014service friendly, lots of options. inside looks very French bistro. good to go in and grab a bite. Saw a neighbor's burger, it looked and smelled amazing. would try again if in area, but not a special trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in town for a sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We were in town for a sports tournament with a group of teenage girls. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We had the back section to ourselves. Although at first presented with special occaision menus (Valentine's Day on Sunday, Feb 16), they were very agreeable to offering us the regular menu that included sandwiches and pizza (great for the teens) beyond the entree only menu. My Chicken Francais was delicious as was the review of other dishes!! Serval people suggested passing on the bisque (too salty).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was the absoluteMalikDined on 2/15/2014Our server was the absolute best. He even braved the cold to bring my girlfriend her Valentine's Day gift she forgot at the table.Special Features:
- Great Valentines DayNickelJDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were a little hesitant at first look. But the hesitation went away once we walked in. The ambiance was great romantic. The food was heavenly and the cocktails are delicious. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Growing painsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014I think this restaurant has potential, but too much food comes out of the can and not necessarily fresh. I suspect the food is cooked early and allowed to sit. Wait staff needs to check-in more frequently. I will come back in three months and try again.
- Not enough cow belleatzbydrdreDined on 2/6/2014The meal would have been a lot better if there wasn't a violinist making so much noise while I was trying to have a conversation. Play softer so I can hear the person next to me.
- Menu Not as Posted OnlineOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/5/2014We went to Bistro Bistro for lunch. Most of the lunch items posted online were not available, so we ordered from the menu that we were handed. The mussels were okay, but onion soup was weak and tasteless and bread as hard as could be. We just stopped there.
- DisappointingDCdinerVIPDined on 2/4/2014I recently joined a colleague for lunch at this restaurant. The food was expensive, and very disappointing - not at all what I would have expected from a great French menu.
- Horrible Pre-cooked FoodfoodieVIPDined on 1/19/2014I would avoid this place at all costs. We went for restaurant week and it was horrible. We were offered the restaurant week menu and were discouraged from ordering anything off the regular menu. We didn't think much of it at first, but when our food arrived we immediately understood why. ALL the food was clearly pre-cooked and sitting under a warmer. It would have been a loss for the restaurant if we did not order from the pre-select menu. The food was very poor quality, barely room temperature, and not very tasty. We were amazed at how quickly our plates came out (within 5 minutes). My fish was uneatable, so I swapped it out with the lamb chops. My replacement came out within a couple minutes, no joke. In addition, the service as amateur.
- Food could have been hotterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Overall the food and atmosphere was good. The food (ordered and buffet) could have been hotter. Our meals were brought to us at room temp like they'd been sitting for a few min. The buffet food had burners but it was still room temp. The only thing that was hot was the delicious lobster bisque.Special Features:
- Lack of care for the clientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Maybe it was because of the Restaurant Week rush, but the restaurant had quite poor service for individual clients. There was still food on the back of my fork when I sat down. We had to wait and then flag down waitsfaff to take our order, refill drinks or water, etc. The manager was kind enough to change out an order when we discovered it contained something that one of our party had a minor allergy to.
- great choice for restaurant weekafisherDined on 1/18/2014Bistro Bistro had a variety of entree options on their restaurant week menu and all the choices seemed delicious. My group enjoyed their meals (and especially enjoyed the free champagne that came with dessert!). Service was a little slow, but it was pretty busy for restaurant week so that was to be expected. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely go back!Special Features: