7892 N Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metropolitangrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5205311212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00a.m. - 10:00p.m., Friday & Saturday 11:00a.m. - 10:30p.m., Sunday 11:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Carlton Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Metropolitan Grill directly for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available for special events and meetings. Our banquet room is the perfect setting for a large function, and our boardroom is ideal for smaller meetings or more intimate affairs. Banquet menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5205311212
A word from Metropolitan Grill
Metropolitan Grill - America's Kitchen is a great family friendly restaurant on Tucson's northwest side. The extensive menu specializes in local products. Menu items include wood fired pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, an array of salads, sustainable seafood and several beef items. Long time favorites include Thai chicken pasta, sauteed liver & onions and chicken Chardonnay. If you have special dietary needs, a special Gluten Free menu is offered and several vegan & vegetarian options are also available. Entree pricing starts at just $5.95 and all Snacks & Desserts are under $4.00. A great children's menu is available for just $4.95. Happy Hour Specials include dollar off all snacks, pizzas, wines, cocktails and beers, daily from 3 - 7 in our lounge. We offer four floating 50" HDTV's in the bar for you to enjoy your favorite sporting event. We offer free Wi-Fi and private dining is available. Our Boardroom seats 20 and Banquet Room seats 60 comfortably.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metropolitan Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent......As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2013On ingredient missing in most restaurants today is consistency. One visit the food is great and the next time it is mediocre. One of the greatest compliments I can give Metro Grill is that the food is consistently good. Now I am not a salmon or big fish eater so I cannot attest to the quality of those dishes first hand. But rarely do I hear anyone complaining about the quality of the food. If you have never tried Metro, give it a whirl. If you have been there, go back. Its still great. No I am not an employee, owner or related to any of them.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood find...CMsteveVIPDined on 5/25/2013We frequesnt this restaurant quite often as it is only 10 minutes from our home. The staff is always friendly and the management know how to deal with customers and to run a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Local Eatery...CMsteveVIPDined on 5/19/2013This is a great place for lunch or dinner anytime. The managers walk through the restaurant to make sure that everything is just right. The servers really are top notch. The food and desserts are excellent. Basically, you can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers' Day DinnerWaltDined on 5/12/2013The food was very good and the service was a little slow because of the large crowd. Overall, pretty good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicesSki7Dined on 5/5/2013Thank You for great service and a wonderful selection of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May 3 DinnerFridayNitesOutDined on 5/3/2013Metro grill has become one of our favorite Tucson dining venues. We always find the food tasty, the service expedient and courteous, and the atmosphere spacious and quiet. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In OpenTable we requestedAtexanDined on 4/15/2013In OpenTable we requested a booth above the main floor, and the request was granted. The server was new but did a great job of taking care of us.Special Features:
- All menu items are excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013All menu items are excellent. Service is great. Reservation requests are acknowledged.Special Features:
- Love the menu - somethingAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 4/12/2013Love the menu - something to please everyone. I think the portions are "right-sized", not too small to think you are cheated and not too big that you overeat.Special Features:
- What we like about the MetroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013What we like about the Metro Grill is the consistently great food and friendly service!Special Features:
- Went for the St. Patrick'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/17/2013Went for the St. Patrick's day special. The corned beef was very tough and not much flavor for the cabbage. The irish whiskey cake was SUPER! One of our party members had the strawberry shortcake that was hard as a rock. Disappointing visit
- Corned beef DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013Ordered corned beef special. The corned beef was so tough, we were unable to eat it. When we sent it back (3 separate dishes), we were told that there had been no other complaints and that other customers were raving about it. Later found out by manager that we were given corned beef that was undercooked. We were asked to reorder other meals, which were delicious. We didn't like the original attitude from staff and the manager, when we sent our first meals back. We would have expected a much more supportive position. Will think twice about returning.
- Metropolitan Grill is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Metropolitan Grill is one of our favorites for dining in Oro Valley.Special Features:
- The pork pot roast was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013The pork pot roast was very fatty and disappointing. The Wok salmon was deliciousSpecial Features:
- There were four people inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013There were four people in our group. Server did not seem knowledgable and forgot a few items that we requested. She brought them upon 2nd request. Service was fairly slow. Entire lunch took one hour and 45 minutes, not good if you are are crunched for time. Fortunately it was Sunday and we were not in a hurry. The salads were very good and the best part of our meals. All in all, would not recommend if you are short on time or looking for value pricing.Special Features:
- This place is not a good optionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/27/2013This place is not a good option when visiting to eat at. The food was not good, the manager is great if something is wrong. But if your a young person do not eat here it mostly older people. Not that there is anything wrong but I wouldn't let my grandparents eat here
- Had reservations at 8, arrivedFoodjunkie22Dined on 2/14/2013Had reservations at 8, arrived at 7:50pm. Was seated by 8:10pm. After being seated, we never saw our server, and no one ever even asked us for drinks. I waited 20 minutes and then left after having no service. Not sure how the food would have tasted, but I won't bother ever finding out now.
- Completely understaffed forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Completely understaffed for Valentine's Day. Terriblely slow service and kitchen could not keep up w/ demand.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasLewisDined on 2/14/2013The overall experience was very good. However, the kitchen doesn't know how to cook a well done steak. I sent it back and it still came back bloody. It was less done than my wife's medium well steak. I didn't eat it, but everything else was good.Special Features:
- We generally enjoy eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013We generally enjoy eating at this restaurant and taking guests for lunch or dinner. Today, the service was a little off but we see this as a fluke rather than ongoing.Special Features:
- Former Winner Now So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013Metropolitan Grill used to be a favorite American restaurant but it has lowered the quality of its food and the service is mediocre.
- Disapointing. Steak was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Disapointing. Steak was very tough although salmon was fine. Service very slow. Coffee extremely weak.
- Service was slow.Ordered theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Service was slow.Ordered the grilled salmon and it was very bland. No flavor. Will never order again.Special Features:
- We love going to Metro GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013We love going to Metro Grill because the food is down-to-earth, comforting, tasteful and tasty -- and the staff are friendly. If our guests have finicky tastes in food, we can always take them there and they will find something they really like.Special Features:
- Our first visit, and we wereAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 1/21/2013Our first visit, and we were quite happy with the food and service. For appetizers, the chicken quesadilla had a nice bite to it and the chicken tortilla soup was delicous. Their complimentary banana nut bread was tasty as well. I had the fish and chips and loved the fact that they used a larger portion of cod so that the batter was not overwhelming - quite crispy and light. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the braised short ribs and my mother-in-law liked the pork pot roast.Special Features:
- Go to Metro often; great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2013Go to Metro often; great place with great food! Always great special offers!Special Features:
- It is difficult to find aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013It is difficult to find a restaurant that is as consistently good as Metro Grill. I have been going there for years and regardless of the day of the week, lunch or dinner the food is always very, very good and the service is great.Special Features:
- Sunday Evening GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Our group of 7 (including a 6 and 9 year old) enjoyed a very pleasant dining experience. We were seated promptly at a round table, which allowed everyone to participate in conversation. The service/staff was friendly, the menu had a wide range of choices and the food was great (as well as arriving in a timely fashion). It doesn't get much better than that...a fun evening for all. Thank you.Special Features:
- I had not been to MetropolitanLABeachGrlVIPDined on 12/23/2012I had not been to Metropolitan Grill for about 7 years (I no longer live in Tucson) when I returned on a trip home over Christmas and I was somewhat disappointed in what found. I stood at the hostess stand for over 5 minutes before the hostess showed up to say she'd be with me in a minute. Another 5 minutes went by before she returned again. I would understand if they were busy but the restaurant had about 3 full tables so I didn't know why the wait. My server was polite and accommodating so I was hopeful for a good experience. But the food left much to be desired. I ordered the short ribs and had to use a steak knife to cut them apart -- short ribs should be able to be eaten with only a fork. Hope they can fix this.
- We are visiting the area andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We are visiting the area and wanted to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary with a nice meal. This was a FABULOUS choice...our server greeted us with "Happy Anniversary", and made some excellent suggestions. Service was great, meals arrived hot, presentation was excellent and we felt pampered. They even comp'ed our dessert - this after I failed to read all the ingredients and discovered I couldn't eat what I had ordered. No problem, she brought me something else...and she took pictures! If we lived here, this would become a regular dining choice for us. Thank you Brianna and the Metropolitan Grill... .Special Features:
- First time visit. Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012First time visit. Great menu and ambiance. Service was outstanding--loved our server (Michael?). Only negative was some of the food was served on the cool side. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:
- Had a great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012We went to the Metropolitan Grill for my birthday. The whole experience was wonderful. The server checked back with us several times. My food was great as was my bar order. The manager checked by all the tables in the restaurant to see if everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- Everytime we have dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Everytime we have dinner at Metropolitan Grill, we are never disapointed.Special Features:
- As it was Thanksgiving, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012As it was Thanksgiving, the menu was quite limited and generic. Food was just OK - nothing to write home about. Desserts were tasteless (pumpkin pie had no spices and pecan pie was just pure sugar). Wait staff was excellent despite being overrun with guests.
- overall it was good on ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012overall it was good on Thanksgiving, however, the shrimp appetizer was a bit to spicy, but good. The salad was very good. the turkey was very good, but not enough dressing. The pumpkin pie was not good at all, very disappointing. The wine we had was good, but a little pricey. I would recommend the Metropolitan basically, but there does leave rooom for some improvement, but essentially a nice clean place.Special Features:
- Food was very good and a goodPeteR51Dined on 11/22/2012Food was very good and a good value. the restaurant was very busy so the service was a little slow. I would recommend this place to my friends and will come back in the future.Special Features:
- Our dinners were delicious.horatioVIPDined on 11/18/2012Our dinners were delicious. Love the choice of salads.
- We have been patrons of MetroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012We have been patrons of Metro Grill for 12 years. They have always had consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- One of the restaurants weFredDined on 11/12/2012One of the restaurants we frequent the most. Lots of special meals and promotions. We like all of the Metro restaurants managed by McMahon.Special Features:
- There were several new itemsLarryLDined on 11/12/2012There were several new items on the menu (do not think they were there last week) including a nice Ahi-Tini. There is now a Soup of the Day: Thank you, thank you. thank you.Special Features: