7892 N Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metropolitangrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5205311212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00a.m. - 10:00p.m., Friday & Saturday 11:00a.m. - 10:30p.m., Sunday 11:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Carlton Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Metropolitan Grill directly for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available for special events and meetings. Our banquet room is the perfect setting for a large function, and our boardroom is ideal for smaller meetings or more intimate affairs. Banquet menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5205311212
A word from Metropolitan Grill
Metropolitan Grill - America's Kitchen is a great family friendly restaurant on Tucson's northwest side. The extensive menu specializes in local products. Menu items include wood fired pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, an array of salads, sustainable seafood and several beef items. Long time favorites include Thai chicken pasta, sauteed liver & onions and chicken Chardonnay. If you have special dietary needs, a special Gluten Free menu is offered and several vegan & vegetarian options are also available. Entree pricing starts at just $5.95 and all Snacks & Desserts are under $4.00. A great children's menu is available for just $4.95. Happy Hour Specials include dollar off all snacks, pizzas, wines, cocktails and beers, daily from 3 - 7 in our lounge. We offer four floating 50" HDTV's in the bar for you to enjoy your favorite sporting event. We offer free Wi-Fi and private dining is available. Our Boardroom seats 20 and Banquet Room seats 60 comfortably.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metropolitan Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- The usual good place for usSunflower1Dined on 12/31/2013Very good food. Service was good, but not as personal as in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food improved!MarshaDined on 12/26/2013Lately every time we go to this restaurant the food is improving. We are so happy this is in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013So happy to have vegan options! We eat at Metro Grill often with others who are not vegan. It's nice to have a place we all can eat at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "neighborhood" restaurant.FredDined on 12/21/2013Great "neighborhood" restaurant. Good value and great food, especially with "specials".Special Features:
- DependableArizonaDined on 12/21/2013The Metro Grill always delivers...good food at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy but loved the walleye specialrazorwing6Dined on 12/20/2013We appreciated the email that attracted us to Metropolitan Grill. We liked the walleye special meal that made the trip worthwhile. The service was excellent. The restaurant was noisy but we still glad we came for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placejlw1284Dined on 12/19/2013The food was delicious! The servers were very kind! And the restaurant was very cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMArizonaDined on 12/13/2013ALWAYS DEPENDABLE IN GOOD FOOD, ATMOSPHERE, COURTESY OF SERVERS.Special Features:
- Went to Metro Grill for apickyeatersDined on 12/7/2013Went to Metro Grill for a Birthday celebration. First time visit. The food was delicious (best liver and onions we've had anywhere) Service was great and timely. Would not especially recommend the dessert though. Cake was dry. However, we will go back for the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was inattentiveVandraVIPDined on 12/2/2013It's always unfortunate when a lazy server can ruin an otherwise good experience. That is what happened when I stopped in for a weekday lunch. After being seated, I waited more than five minutes before walking over to the hostess stand to ask her to get my server. When she (Naina or Naira) finally came over, I told her I was on my lunch break and didn't have a lot of time. She said OK and took my order, and she never bothered to check back once I received my food. I had to flag down other servers to get refills of iced tea.This was unusual for this restaurant, and I will return because of the good deals and tasty food. However, I will never sit in that server's section again.
- Thanksgiving DinnerGorbieDined on 11/28/2013Menu was fabulous - however, we could not get a reservation until 7pm - 2 weeks out. Service when given was good but slow. Typical for Thanksgiving dinner, I am assuming. What was most disappointing that several items on their menus was no longer available when we dined. Bummer!! But, the server was courteous and that goes a LONG WAY with me. I'll go back - cause this really is not typical for their service or supplies. In their defense, this was my first Thanksgiving eating out and not at home.Special Features:
- Good thanksgiving meal.PeteR51Dined on 11/28/2013This restaurant is a good place for a special occasion dinner. The food is good and the service is good. The only criticism is that the timing of when the food came out was off. The starter took too long to get to the table than the soup and salad came out, followed very quickly by the main entrée. Dessert was delivered before we were done with the entree. The spacing of the courses needs to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very nice to have aequisamDined on 11/28/2013It was very nice to have a comfortable place to take my out of town company for Thanksgiving. I have eaten there many times before so was sure it would at least be reliable. My expectations were definitely exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!wolsonDined on 11/28/2013We have dined at this location for years and know that we can always count on great food! We enjoy sitting in the bar as well as the main restaurant and the servers are always friendly and fast!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013We had a wonderful Thanksgiving experience. The food, service and friendliness of staff were outstanding. Very reasonably priced for all of the food that was served. Good job, ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Holiday SpotKennyDined on 11/28/2013All of us were very satisfied with our dining experience. Food was hot, well prepared and salad dressing was superb. Desserts were most excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated and waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2013We were seated and waited about 15 minutes to get menus and water. We had to ask the hostess to please send someone over. When finally served, the food was mediocre at best. I had sole and it was medium warm to cool. The waiter apologized for the wait saying he was catching up - there were very few customers in the restaurant. Would not recommend it to anyone.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013Always great ! Loved trying this for lunch! Wonderful lunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining experienceLarryLDined on 11/11/2013We had a fairly good dining experience the food was generally good, as usual. We had one issue with the salmon that did not have its sauce. It tasted very salty with the sauce to cover it up. Many people do not use a lot of salt these days and so it would be nice if use of less salt was an option or the norm.Special Features:
- Dependable neigborhood gemArizonaDined on 11/10/2013You can always anticipate a good meal at reasonable prices at the Metropolitan Grill. It is one of our favorites in Tucson.Special Features:
- High Marks AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013Once again the Chicken Chardonnay and the Prime Rib were excellent. This is truly a good place to eat and I have confidence that their presentations will be well prepared each and every time.Special Features:
- Great wood fire pizza, menuneverpassupdessertDined on 11/9/2013Great wood fire pizza, menu has good variety, but not a great restaurant for a picky eater. hard to find something on the menu that you don't have to request something be left off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceShavonnahVIPDined on 11/8/2013I was visiting Tucson for the weekend and this was recommended on trip adviser. Good solid food and fast service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific salmonGrandmaLindyDined on 11/3/2013This is our go-to place when we want salmon. The wok-charred version has always been excellent. Don't be deterred by the really ugly entry door!Special Features:
- Bread is great and so arealwayshungryDined on 11/3/2013Bread is great and so are the salads. Sunday's prime rib dinner is a good deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was fine until we finishedambroseDined on 10/18/2013Waiter was fine until we finished entrée - then we got rushed to pay & leave. Dessert was never an option. Liver was medium well instead of medium. This was totally off our normal experiences here - we went there 4-5 times a year for the last 7 years. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great neigborhood restaurantArizonaDined on 10/6/2013Northwest Tucson is fortunate to have the Metropolitan Grill...it is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great deal!VandraVIPDined on 9/23/2013The $5 pizza during lunch on Mondays is amazing! You get to choose up to four toppings, and you end up with a generous-sized personal pizza that will last you two meals. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Pleased with the variety and selection of dishes available.Special Features:
- I hope this was just a bad nightlaruppinDined on 8/23/2013For years, Metropolitan Grill has been our choice for "special occasions." But our recent experience there has left us thinking we need to find a new special restaurant. In our party of four, three of us ordered the shrimp three-course special. All of us ordered the garlic-grilled shrimp. Although there were few customers in the restaurant, the service was slow right from the start. Then, our shrimp dinners arrived, with teriyaki sauce on all of them instead of garlic sauce. We called the waitress back to our table, and pointed out the mistake. At first, she didn't believe us, but after a visit from the manager, she returned the dinners to the kitchen. It was, simply, a bad dinner.Special Features:
- A nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2013A nice dining experience. According to my husband, the meat loaf was excellent.Special Features:
- Metro Is a GemFredDined on 7/31/2013The Metro is a restaurant we dine at frequently. It great for it to be in our neighborhood. Specials are great too.Special Features:
- Date nightJerseyGirlDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I just moved here the beginning of the month. Met friends for dinner. Pleasantly surprised about the ambiance, food and service. The appetizers were half priced. I think we might have had all of them. Each was very good. I would have all of them again. The waitress was also very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseDinnerfor4Dined on 7/27/2013I had not been to the Metropolitan Grill in several years because the last time I was there the service was bad. I decided to give it another try and had dinner with my husband and another couple. Although it was a Saturday evening, the restaurant was quite empty. The service was good and the food was delicious, everyone one in our party was satisfied. Most of the business seemed to be in the bar area which was quite loud and could even be heard in the restaurant. The menu was varied with a nice selection of dinner options, although it was a little bit on the pricy side. Bottom line, I will no wait as long before returning to the Metropolitan Grill.Special Features:
- MG never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2013Metropolitan Grill is good for "whenever" you can't decide what you want, you will always find something here for everyone. Food is always consistent...good service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of seven andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013We had a group of seven and the menu had enough variety that each had a different entree. The bread was fresh out of the oven and the entrees came to the table quickly. Everyone enjoyed their meals; the steak was cooked properly and the thai chicken was very good. Our server kept an eye on our table to make sure had what we needed and gave us refills on our drinks. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 7/7/2013Love this local Oro Valley gem. I have never had a bad meal and the wait staff and management were attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceMamaDined on 7/7/2013We very much appreciated being placed in the extra room for our large family dinner. The dinner food had mixed reviews. We ordered two of the blue cheese and roast beef sandwiches and expected them to be hot but they were cold - our waitress said we had to ask for them to be hot. When we sent them back to be heated, which was not indicated on the menu, we did not get them back until everyone was almost done with their meal. One person ordered fish and chips and it came out 15 minutes after the other meals were served. No reason was given. My pistachio and wild mushroom plate was OK but I did not see any mushrooms and seemed to be a premade frozen entree. Two ordered the Asian noodles dish and raved about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent...CMsteveVIPDined on 7/7/2013Metropolitan Grill is always consistent whether you are having lunch or dinner you know you will receive good food and good service.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodLarryLDined on 5/27/2013As usual, we were pleased with the food and service at Metro Grill. This is why we continue to come back. Whenever we order something, we know what to expect and the servers know us well and frequently give us recommendations---the soup in particular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.