1933 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.icongrill.net/
- Phone: 2064416330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 8am-11am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day 3:00-6:00pm
Dessert Happy Hour/Late Night Happy Hour 9pm-close
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Lounge Menu available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering the Icon Grill for your upcoming event. Your guests will be dazzled by our vibrant atmosphere and "Aroused Americana" menu. We'll take care of all the details, so you can relax and enjoy your event! The Grill Room is available for private parties seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Bowers 2064416330
A word from Icon Grill
An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (33)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (17)romantic (15)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The music could have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008The music could have been turned down a little bit.Special Features:
- -extensive menu with somethingJaniceDined on 4/12/2008-extensive menu with something for everyone -moderately priced for the quality -warm and cozy, good for a rainy nightSpecial Features:
- Icon Grill is one of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Icon Grill is one of my favorites. Thanks for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- I really liked Icon Grill.SmallwhitedogsDined on 4/11/2008I really liked Icon Grill. Great place to go that's a little more upscale, but not pretentious. The menu has a lot to choose from, mostly focusing on comfort foods. You can go to this restaurant in either full opera attire, or jeans and t-shirt and feel comfortable.Special Features:
- I am a big fan of Icon Grill.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/11/2008I am a big fan of Icon Grill. The decor is awesome. The food is outstanding. Our server for this visit was excellent. Highly recommend to others for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Great food! Great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2008Great food! Great ambiance! Prices are a bit on the spendy side, but it is so worth it!Special Features:
- Everything but the creme bruleeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008Everything but the creme brulee was very good. The custard depth was too great, so the bottom of the custard was watery.Special Features:
- Exceptional in almost allHook25VIPDined on 4/5/2008Exceptional in almost all respects. It is very clear that the chefs are focused on fresh ingredients and quality. This is a place that we will revisit on future trips to Seattle.
- we had a nice time and theyFancyDined on 4/5/2008we had a nice time and they did a great job of meeting my table request.Special Features:
- My dinner companion's foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008My dinner companion's food was not hot - room temperature, had to send it back. When she received it back, the prawns were still not hot.Special Features:
- Was pleasantly surprised byOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008Was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Icon Grill. Was glad to have had a confirmed reservation through this site. We had a alot of fun - and our server was great at handling our questions. The desserts are off the hook!Special Features:
- We have been to the Icon GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2008We have been to the Icon Grill several times in the past and the food had always been very good and the service was typically good as well. Unfortunately, our last visit was not as enjoyable. My wife's steak was significantly overcooked and tough, and my tuna was also quite tough. Our waitress was friendly, but not very helpful. But given our past experience, we will give Icon another try down the road. It may have just been an off night.
- They called to confirm myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2008They called to confirm my dinner reservation within an hour of placing the reservation. I was very impressed. The wine flutes were a fun tasting option I do not see much that my family and I really enjoyed. The staff was very friendly and the food unique. I was not a fan of the spaghetti but my mom's is the best so I might be biased here. Other than that, it was a fun find. Cool decore, cool staff!
- Wonderful as usual. AlfonsoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2008Wonderful as usual. Alfonso our waiter was the best.Special Features:
- Good, but not good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2008Good, but not good enough to repeat in the near future. It feels like there is one too many tables.
- We have been to the Icon beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2008We have been to the Icon before and had an incredible time. The food was excellent and the service was great. We revisited the Icon this weekend and unfortunately had a different experience. The service was extremely slow. We wouldnt see our waiter for over a half an hour sometimes. He was very cordial and humerous but we couldnt overlook the slow service. On top of that My sister and I had the flat iron steak and were not impressed. My brother in law didnt even finish his Fillet steak. I will definitely go back because I feel that this was an off night. At least we hope.Special Features:
- Icon Grill has been and continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2008Icon Grill has been and continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The service was outstanding, and the atmosphere always fun. As usual, my dinner (Cajun Rock Shrimp Penne) was delicious, but my date was not as impressed with his (Pork Chop). I love that Icon Grill celebrates Washington Wine Month with all bottles of Washington Wines at 1/2 price - it's a great way to try some amazing wine that you may not have otherwise been able to afford.Special Features:
- We had a girls night out andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2008We had a girls night out and LOVED sitting in the bar, watching the world go by, catching up on each other’s lives and having an all around great time. We will definitely be returning to Icon Grill!Special Features:
- This place is stuck in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008This place is stuck in the 80's and overpriced. I'm happy to pay 30+ dollars for an entree...when it's good. The Icon Grill seems canned all around - food, service, and ambience.
- The food was terrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008The food was terrible and the service was just ok. I would never recommend or return.
- I have been to Icon GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008I have been to Icon Grill several times for lunch and always been very pleased - highest rating for comfort food. However, Easter Brunch was a disappointment. There were only two things on the buffet that were really good - everything else was mediocre. The entree was overpriced for what we received. Will continue to go there for lunch. Will never go there for brunch.
- The food selection was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008The food selection was good, tastey and met our dining needs. The March wine special was great. Our waiter Michael was awesome: informative,timely and accomodating to a few changes within our selections - a big plus. Only down-side: We had asked for booth in the reservation and didn't get one. The hostess was a bit off-putting and said that she couldn't hold one. A bit strange as we arrived exactly on time to our reservation.Special Features:
- As always the food is wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008As always the food is wonderful. We went with some friends who have never been to the Icon and they LOVED it as much as we do. The meatloaf and sundae are my favorites!!! Two of our group ordered the salmon and were equally impressed.Special Features:
- The three of us had a mostOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2008The three of us had a most enjoyable dinner. The service was excellent and the food was terrific. Two had the Halibut which was perfect and one was the Mac n Cheese which was also terrific but served a bit too cold (barely warm) as if it had been sitting for a while. Dessert was chocolate cake which was incredibly good served with about a third of a liter of cold milk.. Terrific presentation.Special Features:
- very interesting menu; foodmargeyDined on 3/21/2008very interesting menu; food was very good; deserts excellent; service outstandingSpecial Features:
- Icon Grill knows how to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008Icon Grill knows how to make a special occasion truly special!Special Features:
- Despite being very busy beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008Despite being very busy before a show at the Moore theater, the staff did a great job of keeping things moving without making us feel rushed. This was a return visit for me, and I've always enjoyed the quality and preparation of the food. The ambiance, however, is the real draw for me - unique is a word that shouldn't be qualified, so that's all I'll say. Unique!Special Features:
- Everything was good untilOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2008Everything was good until our waiter messed it all up. He served the Mac and Cheese - didn't ask first and poured the cheese all over it! All other waiters ask first! Then he got the kid's cheese burger wrong - burned and no cheese. Asked in the beginning if we wanted separate checks - which we did because I had to leave early. Then when I was running late (because the food took forever!) I handed him my credit card and he walked around with it and came back 10 minutes later and asked it I was paying for the whole table. I said "no, remember I have to leave early and we are getting separate checks?!". He just fell apart by the end. Didn't listen to anything we asked for. Nightmare. And food was only ok this time there.
- The challenge is the SLOW,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008The challenge is the SLOW, terribly slow!, service. This is my third time at ICON in three months. Two lunch, one dinner. If you could improve your speed and attentiveness you'll grow your business. Other Seattle restaurants beat you here but the atmosphere is great; the food is good and reliable. It pleases out of town guests. For a business lunch though I have to budget 2 hours because of slow service. Most people don't have a 2 hour lunch luxury.Special Features:
- When we made the reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008When we made the reservations we told you we were celebrating a birthday. At the restaurant nothing was mentioned. Prices were high for the quality of food. We have been there many times before but next time we will skip the meal and only go for desert.
- Total let-down. I took myOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2008Total let-down. I took my partner there on valentine's day in hope of a nice dinner. I've eaten at ICON a few times prior.....but this time - not so good. Total food factory. I ordered a piece of cake to take home and the waiter crammed the damn thing into a box the size of a peanut. Attention to detail par - food par....ambience - pretty good.
- Great food! Service was impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2008Great food! Service was impeccable! Hope to come back again soon.Special Features:
- I love Icon Grill. Its alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2007I love Icon Grill. Its always solid - food, drinks, staff. Comfort food with attitude. Lunch is amazingly priced for the quality, and the deco makes eating here fun. All ages come here, so its a good mix for a chilled out dining experience.Special Features:
- It,s one of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/27/2007It,s one of my favorites. I love their yellow pepper soup.Special Features:
- I love Icon Grill. It is aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2007I love Icon Grill. It is a great place to get together with friends for lunch or dinner. The food is delicious and the service is always great.Special Features: