1933 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.icongrill.net/
- Phone: 2064416330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 8am-11am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day 3:00-6:00pm
Dessert Happy Hour/Late Night Happy Hour 9pm-close
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Lounge Menu available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering the Icon Grill for your upcoming event. Your guests will be dazzled by our vibrant atmosphere and "Aroused Americana" menu. We'll take care of all the details, so you can relax and enjoy your event! The Grill Room is available for private parties seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Bowers 2064416330
A word from Icon Grill
An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (34)great for lunch (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- The food was mediocre butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2009The food was mediocre but the ambiance was nice, they had a good wine list, and the service was friendly and good.
- Food and service were good,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2009Food and service were good, not exceptional, but great for a good dinner before a show at the Paramount. Easy walking distance. Menu could use some diversity. Have been there many times and few changes.
- Fried chicken was moist; theyDaNozsDined on 3/3/2009Fried chicken was moist; they make great salads! Went twice (lunch and dinner) during the 4 days we were in Seattle.Special Features:
- Our server was astute - noticedDaNozsDined on 3/2/2009Our server was astute - noticed that the wine we ordered from the wine list was not the same as what was in stock. He brought us what was in stock and ensured that we were happy with what we had (we were).Special Features:
- A Reliable Re-VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2009Always a safe choice to return to with out-of-town guests!Special Features:
- The Icon Grill is a real gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2009The Icon Grill is a real gem. What a find. We had never been there before but are sure glad we made the discovery. The squash soup was superb and the roasted pear salad was a real treat. Great pizza, meatloaf, and mac and cheese. You can tell only fresh ingredients are used. Atmosphere is whimsical and delightful and the service is gracious. Definitely a place to go when you want a home cooked meal with a twist.Special Features:
- I think this is the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2009I think this is the perfect restaurant for a girls' night out. The decor is gorgeous and fun at the same time. Gourmet comfort food and a fabulous cocktail is just what every girl needs after a long day working (or shopping).Special Features:
- I love the Icon grill. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2009I love the Icon grill. The menu is extensive and I'm always pleased with the service. It is starting to look a little run down around the check-in area, though. Other than that, outstanding and well-priced for what you get.
- We took my parents to IconOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2009We took my parents to Icon Grill for dinner when they were visiting Seattle. It's always a great place for out-of-town visitors - the food is wonderful and the restaurant itself is classy but not too formal. If you can, save room for dessert and order the ice cream sundae - people at the surrounding tables were envious.
- Though it's always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2009Though it's always a pleasure to visit the ICON, food this time was not as good as in the past. The asparagras appetizer was overly smoked, as if it was soaked in liquid smoke, and over-cooked. The top-serloin steak was not available. All else was good.Special Features:
- Icon Grill has great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2009Icon Grill has great food, sophisticated choices for the adults and simple ones for the kids. Everything was perfectly prepared with delicious takes on familiar dishes and the wines by the glass were fantastic. It isn't easy to find a restaurant where everyone in the family is happy with the food, the Icon Grill pulls it off in a beautifully artistic atmosphere. The service was attentive and quick, they helped us get to the theater on time.Special Features:
- it was a really nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009it was a really nice place the food was great the service was very good couldnt ask for more.
- Honestly, I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Honestly, I had a wonderful time. The food was great, the presentation was nice and the resturant was decorated nicely for Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- Great dining experience. FunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009Great dining experience. Fun and creative menu with a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- While the Icon Grill offeredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009While the Icon Grill offered familiar comfort food, I challenged myself to eat something that I normally don't eat. I selected the Valentine's weekend only special crab risotto. It was delicious and flavorful. For someone who likes white wine but can't ever decided, they offered a tier of three small wine glasses called wine flights. I chose the white wine flight. It gave me a chance to sample three great wines. Finally, the desserts were way over the top, maybe to match the quirky decor. My apple pie was delicious, but the portion was huge so I took it to go.Special Features:
- A great Seattle restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009A great Seattle restaurant!! Had a wonderful Valentines dinner. Food was excellent and atmosphere was casual and not uptight.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009Great ambiance, fantastic service, incredible food. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009Went for Valentine's Day. The place was decorated nicely for the occasion. Food was great, service was great too. The restaurant was abviously busy, but we weren't left waiting for our food. We had a great cheesecake for dessert. We shared it and even then it was more than enough. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2009Always a pleasure to come here. The restaurant is so romantic and beautiful.Special Features:
- our dining experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2009our dining experience overall was pretty good. Our server was very laid-back, yet attentative. When asked about his opinion or suggestions, he offered them quickly and sincerely, we ended up going with what he thought (which is where we were leaning anyways) and it was money! My steak was perfect (bloody), the butternut squash soup was amazing, and the grilled pear salad was to die for. I did think the salad and soup were over-priced for the quantity....bigger salad and bigger bowl-gripe solved. I wasn't too big of a fan of the decor....the glass and art was cool, but the poster looking pieces and a lot of nick nacks need to go....it's a great space and if it weren't overdone it would be much more aesthetically pleasing~Special Features:
- Loved the food, there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2009Loved the food, there was a variety of options for even the pickiest appetites! I'm not a dessert fan at all but I would HIGHLY recommend the sundae it was amazing!Special Features:
- Really great food, not allFairgameDined on 2/11/2009Really great food, not all dressed up like a work of art--which is refreshing. The potato wrapped halibut was perfect, and so was the fried chicken. The fried chicken is a huge portion, so bring an appetite!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, wide varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/10/2009Great restaurant, wide variety of dishes, love the ecclectic decor and our service from Scott was professional, informed and friendly. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours and it felt like half that.
- icon Grill is one of our favoritefoodl8eDined on 2/8/2009icon Grill is one of our favorite restaurants, always delicious, fun, great service. We dine here several times a year for special occasions, a great place to bring guests, or just a fun evening out (and now brunch!!).Special Features:
- Icon takes upscale comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2009Icon takes upscale comfort food to a wholenew level! The deep fried Mac and cheese (appitizer) is todie for! Just forget about the calories and workout hard the next day!Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I eat outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2009My boyfriend and I eat out ALOT. Being new to Seattle, we are excited to try out new restaurants. We started here. Bad choice. The space itself is beautiful and our waiter was extremely pleasant, but the food was just not good. I do not mind spending $150 on a meal, but it had better be worth it. This was definitely not.
- Our server was outstanding-OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2009Our server was outstanding- we were there on a Wednesday & she quickly let us know it was "Wine Wednesday" all Washington wines were 1/2 price. The chicken fried calamari was addictive & we both enjoyed the potato wrapped Halibut- delicious! The topper was the mini mint brownies- what can I say?Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2009Food was great, service was good, all-in-all a very nice evening.Special Features:
- The Icon Grill is always theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2009The Icon Grill is always the first place I take out-of-towners when I want them to have a great dining experience. I have never been disappointed. Great atmosphere/ambiance, great food, great service, all at great prices.Special Features:
- Amazing, end of story. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2009Amazing, end of story. The ambiance was with the upper-tier of Seattle dining. The food was the best comfort I've ever had...anywhere...ever! If you want some feel-good food, but want to dine out on the town, this is your destination.Special Features:
- The food was a little bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2009The food was a little bit lacking in flavor. For the prices, I was expecting something a little tastier. The waiter knew what he was talking about but he spilled water all over the lady next to us and charged another table too much on their bill.
- This is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2009This is a great restaurant for a nice romantic dinner, or just to grab a bite to eat. Excellent atmosphere and outstanding food. I had never been before, but I will definitely be going back. I will also be considering this restaurant for my rehearsal dinner gathering for my wedding party.Special Features:
- While in an all day seminaremptynesterDined on 1/8/2009While in an all day seminar held at the Westin, we headed over to the Icon Grill for lunch with a reservation. We went right to our table, service was speedy, and the generous portions of food very tasty.Special Features:
- We have been going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2009We have been going to the Icon ever since it opened and love it. The food is always great, and the wait staff friendly and prompt. My kids love the Mac and Cheese which is the best ever.Special Features:
- Food came quick,our mac andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2008Food came quick,our mac and cheese took forever(but, gave it to us for free. Under staffed due to the snow, which we understood.) We would go back.
- We got our food one hour andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2008We got our food one hour and ten minutes after sitting down. Great waiter but he had far too many tables to work. Management problem.Special Features:
- The Icon was a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2008The Icon was a great time! The service was impeccable. Our waiter went above and beyond to make this a special night for my daughter’s first visit to the Icon. I would recommend the Icon to anyone who has well behaved children that can respect that the majority of the restaurant patrons are adults. It is family friendly, with a welcoming atmosphere and menu selections for everyone. And need I mention the yummy and fun desserts! Kids were able to decorate their own cookies to finish off the night. We will definitely choose Icon for our family when eating out in SeattleSpecial Features:
- The food was great, I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/16/2008The food was great, I went there with my teenager and two adults and we all enjoyed the food. Atmosphere is interesting and beautiful - love the movies in the bathroom! Great variety of menu, lots to chose from and lots of variety of options. The food took over an hour to get to our table, which put us very close to being late to a show we had tickets for, and we had allowed for two hours. When twe expressed concern about it becoming late, our waitress was less than concerned herself. Would probably go back, but might chose another place when we have plans that follow dinner.
- Still one of my favorite SeatteScrabbleGeekDined on 12/15/2008Still one of my favorite Seatte restaurants. If you are into comfort foods, you have to try the meatloaf with mashed potatoes, asparagus and molasses gravy!Special Features:
- The mac and cheese was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2008The mac and cheese was great the other 2 dishes were just ok. The ambiance was great. The service was ok.Special Features: