1933 5th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.icongrill.net/
- Phone: 2064416330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 8am-11am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day 3:00-6:00pm
Dessert Happy Hour/Late Night Happy Hour 9pm-close
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am to 2:00pm
Lounge Menu available all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nick Musser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for considering the Icon Grill for your upcoming event. Your guests will be dazzled by our vibrant atmosphere and "Aroused Americana" menu. We'll take care of all the details, so you can relax and enjoy your event! The Grill Room is available for private parties seven days a week.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Bowers 2064416330
A word from Icon Grill
An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Icon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (34)special occasion (34)great for lunch (28)great for brunch (17)romantic (16)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A Remarkable EveningEmmDeeEmmDined on 6/6/2014The three of us were set for a fun evening and Icon Grill didn't disappoint. The drinks were delicious and the blue cheese medallions were excellent. Chris provided superior service - he knew the menu, could explain the drinks, make recommendations, and he was intuitive on when to check in and when to just let us talk and enjoy our meal. A real enjoyable meal - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Chicken Dinners!summersurferVIPDined on 6/1/2014One of the few places in downtown offering fried chicken dinners. A little pricey but good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1113 reviews are from the Icon Grill reviews archive.
- ExceptionaldeliciousDined on 5/17/2014Food and service is fine dining but atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHannahDined on 5/11/2014Had dinner on Mother's Day. Great food, service, prices and art.Special Features:
- great spotruzbro77Dined on 5/11/2014Arrived a bit early but they sat me right away. Had an excellent mothers day menu with fresh fruit and pastry plates brought out before the meal. Service was prompt and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okhamckayDined on 5/11/2014Our service started off ok, it ended with one very large flaw, the server did not bring back our credit card with our check. While we should have noticed this too, it's annoying when you have to travel all the way back to a place and pick up a credit card. My husband ordered a latte that came AFTER the meal was done! (about 20 minutes after he ordered it). The server took it off the bill The food was OK. Our simple egg and meat breakfast which for $17.00 that was average at best and it did not come with a bread. They need to spend the $.025 cents and offer toast. I had the potato crusted halibut that was very nicely prepared. My daughter had an over-cooked pancake that she did not eat and had to share my other daughters meal.
- Brunch was bland? atypical IconRickDined on 5/11/2014We love Icon Grill but for Mother's Day brunch we both had two different rather bland dishes - we were surprised. This was our first time at brunch - we love their dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We love this restaurant and go there often. The food is always well prepared and the staff are friendly and responsive. Many of the items on the menu are unique without being strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All can eat but youOnEnOnLYDined on 5/2/2014Great atmospher and pretty interesting menu but service was a deal breaker for me. Server took all our orders like it was going to be a great dinning experience but delivered 3 out of the 4 meals and then decided to tell my friend they were out of what he had ordered leaving him with no dinner as we all had ours. Being good friends we all pitched in to make him a meal but that is not how it should have been handled. I don't see how he didn't know that his meal was unavailable when he put the order in rather than finding out as he is delivering the three other meals. Thus I will not be returning very disappointed as I was excited to dine here since I pass it everyday on my way to work :(
- Comfort FoodFairDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant is well-known for its comfort food - and lived up to its great rep. The service, however, was so slow and the restaurant was not even 1/4 full, as we went early - late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Icon for Easter Brunch, I had not been there for years, the menu was boring nothing special for easter brunch just the usual boring breakfast fair. Nothing was really bad it just was very bland and mediocre. No reason to go back again, there are so many other choices.
- First ChoiceHighExpectationsDined on 4/20/2014Whether it's quick bite to eat, a romantic dinner for two, happy hour with friends, or Sunday brunch with family this place is always such a great experience from servers to food to the ambience well done!Special Features:
- Not bad but expected betteroldschoolDined on 4/19/2014made a reservation on what is usually a busy Saturday night but to our happy surprise the Icon was open for a 715 reservation. The service was excellent. However we expected a better meal from the Icon. Perhaps this is because we had high expectations from excellent previous meals at the Icon and the sister restaurants. I had an unremarkably tasteless halibut with over cooked spinach and my wife had slightly overdone salmon. We did start with an excellent Pear salad. The cocktails were good as expected and as I said before the service was friendly and very good. We had to rush out to catch a show so I cannot speak to the day's desert. I expect more from this outfit.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance. Okay Food.TEatsDined on 4/17/2014Some friends and I came here for lunch during restaurant week and I just wasn't that impressed. Icon Grill presents a spin on American comfort food but I didn't find it all that tasty. It was heavily seasoned and a lot of items were fried. I could have had made better lunch myself. Appetizer: Fried mac'n'cheese. There was no flavor to it and it came out in 3 little fried balls that didn't even look nice. Entree: Chicken and brie sandwich. The brie was overly melted for my taste and the chicken was really dry without any seasoning. Dessert: Chocolate pudding cake. This was probably the best part of the whole meal. The inside of the cake was hot and had freshly made whip cream on top. The salted caramel drizzle was great too.Special Features:
- Always great!bagladyDined on 4/16/2014We eat here every time we fly out from Delaware to visit family - won't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/16/2014The main reason to eat here is the fun atmosphere, and the comfort food "american" menu. I ate here during Restaurant Week, so admittedly it is crowded and the 3 course menu was limited. I had the lamb chops (very fatty, but good sauce) and fried mac and cheese appetizer (deep-fried, not pan fried, and not particularly cheesy). The dessert was the real winner- Strawberry Rhubarb crumble. Excellently prepared and generously portioned.
- Great meal in a great atmosphereDianeDined on 4/16/2014We enjoyed our Seattle Restaurant week experience. The squash soup was really delicious, as were the fried chicken (boneless!) and lamb chops. Would have liked to see more veggies on the plate (3 broccoli florets can hardly be called a serving) though. Desserts were yummy too - hot fudge sundae, with a variety of toppings offered and strawberry rhubarb crisp was just-right sweet. Very cool environment, with lots to look at!Special Features:
- AwesomeKittyLoverDined on 4/15/2014Have always wanted to try this restaurant. Went few weeks back thinking it was Restaurant Week, but discovered we were a week early. Even still we of course decided to stay with an excuse to come back very soon ... Which we did second week of promo. Both times the atmosphere was pleasant, ambiance here is wonderful giving the place a great old-time feel. Food was fantastic, everything we tried was delicious and presented in a striking fashion. Would love to reserve their upstairs banquet room for a group. Highly Recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sundaeWizard29VIPDined on 4/14/2014Went for the latest 3 for 15 lunch and wasn't disappointed with the food although the sole was a bit bland I missed having the meatloaf on the menu this time Of course the sundae was excellent as well as the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd time the charm!SuperPickyEaterDined on 4/13/2014This was my third visit to Icon Grill and it continues to get better each time I go. First (for lunch) and second (for dinner) times I struggled to choose something from the menu I forget what I eventually ordered by I remember it was good, not fantastic. The ambiance is subdued, but I much prefer that over something noisy. We sat at a 4 top for dinner and it was very easy to converse and stay focused on the company and share the TOTALLY AWESOME ICE CREAM SUNDAE. The last time was the best by far. Ordered off the SEattle Restaurant Week menu - prix fix asparagus appetizer, flank steak dinner, and choc cake for dessert. Delicious! The interior is also dark so keep that in mind on a sunny day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch/lunchFoodBabbleDined on 4/13/2014Went there for restaurant week but found out they did not start until that evening. So settled on a crabcake benedict. The potatoes were good and crisp however the benedict was not so good. it was way too wet so it became mushy. Not sure how their evening dinner would fare but would think twice about going back due to so many other options in Seattle.
- It was goodbayouwonderDined on 4/11/2014We had an enjoyable evening out in downtown Seattle. The food was good, the server was friendly, and it was a relaxing evening. The only problem was that one person in our little party ordered one of the off menu special items. When it came it was not the same as had been described to us. They had changed from a red potato flat mix (or something like that) to just plai mashed potatoes. But the waiter did not come back to the table and say that or did he make mention of it until it was pointed out to him. Then he said he would check. He came back and said he would take the meal back but we said no. It took about ten minutes before he actually brought the correct potatoes to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy birthday!theyoungdeniseDined on 4/9/2014Since hubby and I work downtown and was my birthday, we decided to take advantage of restaurant week. I'd heard good thing about Icon. It was a delightful experience and our waitress Wendy was fabulous. I would highly recommend Icon Grill for a fun evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Seattle Staple!SeaFoodieDined on 4/8/2014I have been eating at Icon Grill for about 15 years, mostly for special occasions because it has the feel of being special. The glass hanging in nets, the fun art on the walls, the wonderful service... It's all about the little things and they add up here. The food is a tradition for me, with the butternut squash soup, scallop dinner, and hot fudge sundae is out of control. Love themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the last ;)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2014Great food loved my myself and my 11yr old!! Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty LunchJenzieDined on 4/8/2014We had a lovely and tasty lunch. The Restaurant Week lunch menu was wonderful. I reserved online, which was so nice to be able to do from work. It was my boyfriend's birthday and they brought out a candle on his dessert. I loved how understated and tactful the birthday part was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must seePunkyVeLiscousDined on 4/5/2014The atmosphere was stunning, food was fantastic, definitely try the chocolate cake and the service was excellent. All around an amazing experience. I will definitely go back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceBobreyDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I have had many a meal and/or happy hour at the Icon Grill - and have always been happy with the service. The night of the 5th we are very unhappy with the service. The waiter was a quite chatty and a poor listener. When asked if the Grilled Pear Salad was considered an entree, he was flippant and vaguely answered the question. I repeated the question - and received the same response. We have a Passport Dining card - and I wanted to verify if the salad was considered an entree. When our bill was presented to us - while two of us were still eating dinner - we were informed that the salad was an entree. Not happy!! The manager, Chris, made the situation better; the waiter apologized for this behavior and miscommunication.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerNibblerDined on 4/3/2014Love the atmosphere, staff and food. Very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Loud - Terrible ServicebeavertonresDined on 3/29/2014The food was good, but the service was so bad that at one point another server stopped by our table and asked if we had been helped yet. For a romantic night out with my wife, this was not a good choice of restaurants. It also was so loud that it was difficult to hear one another without talking at the top of our voices.
- Great Ambience, Overpriced FoodRyuuguuRenaDined on 3/26/2014The ambience here is wonderful the place has a great feel and the bottle cap artwork was awesome. The food however was not worth the price. I was there for dine around seattle so the cost may have been different than normal. I would try again on a normal night before giving up on Icon as overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle Comfort FoodNateDined on 3/22/2014Icon has been a staple in the Seattle food scene for many years. I started going here in the late 90's and have always loved their Mac n' Cheese. The menu has changed some over the years but what remains constant is the abundance of comfort foods on the menu like the Mac n' Cheese (several varieties), bacon wrapped meatloaf, homemade tater-tots, crab risotto...okay maybe that last one isn't what most people would classify as comfort food but they mix Northwest cuisine with simply tasty preparations and combine for fun meals, in a colorful and lively space. Their bar has more dining spaces that stools at the bar but their drink menu is outstanding. It isn't on the menu but order a Greek Lost in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I have been eating at Icon for years. Before this visit, my boyfriend and I had less than satisfactory service during 'dessert happy hour.' Drinks were bad, service was poor. But I have to say - this visit re-affirmed by love of the Icon. Service was accommodating to our time constraints, food tasted great, and everything went as planned! Thanks for another amazing meal!Special Features:
- stuck upbbvbandit2Dined on 3/20/2014Fairly stuck up attitude with most of the staff and patrons. Started with the host telling my reservation was 30 mins before and then making me feel stupid til he found it. We were seated(shoved in a crowded corner) next to a party of 4. We asked the server about the lounge menu and we were frowned upon for it. He still accommodated the request. Once our food came the group next to us were fairly stuck up towards what we ordered. They made a few snide remarks....yet proceeded to talk about the human centipede. I can almost guarantee that I work harder for my money and decided to spend it there....to get looked down on.
- Good food againWizard29VIPDined on 3/19/2014Always treated to an excellent meal Tots were fun Meatloaf was savory Sundae was devineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not quite as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014The service was a little slow but we did get there just before the lunchtime rush do that is a little understandable. The Mac and Cheese was a bit bland but the dipping sauce was good and so was the texture. I would have skipped right over the Tater Tots on the menu but was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and texture. They were great and so was the dipping sauce. The flavor of the sole was good but there was a tad to many lemon wedges on top and the panko was a bit thick. The mashed potatoes were not hot either. The Tagliatelle was pretty bland and uninspiring. Both the cream puff and the mango sorbet were delicious. The blood orange sauce with the sorbet was a good touch. I was a little disappointed that they didn't address theI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchCijedoDined on 3/16/2014We went here for brunch after a run downtown. There we eight people in our party and they accommodated us well. We were excited about the $5 Mary's and the food options were great. The service was VERY slow! I assume they were understaffed because the restaurant was not that busy (there were many empty tables). I will go back!Special Features:
- The food was delicious. TheEyshaVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was delicious. The crab cakes and the prawns were amazing! The server was pleasant but slow. Not sure what was taking so long to get our food, but it felt like a long time.Special Features:
- fun nightluvmacDined on 3/15/2014We thought the meatloaf sauce too spicy and too much for meal, the penne was too spicy and the salad with oil too slimmy. Actually the meal was good but not the best I have had. Mac and Cheese wonderful, salmon was wonderful. Service was 10 star. EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Great ambience, food not so greatTravinkaDined on 3/13/2014Beautiful spot but i think more attention should be given to menu / presentation. Not a crowd pleaser.