Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
23 Vanderbilt Ave
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.michaeljordansnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126552300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:30am – 2:30pm
Monday – Saturday 5:00pm – 10:15pm
Sunday 5:00pm – 9:15pm
Monday – Friday 11:30am – Midnight
Saturday 12:00pm – Midnight Sunday
2:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C.
Situated on the North and West balconies of New York's Grand Central Terminal, this restaurant was designed to reflect Michaels sense of taste and style. Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. ranks among the finest steakhouses in Manhattan, offering a world class menu and an extensive, eclectic selection of wines and spirits. There are two private dining rooms and two semi private dining rooms available, with pre-fixe menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)special occasion (75)great for lunch (56)romantic (41)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (36)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (20)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great experiencelovejordansnycDined on 6/20/2014Thoroughly enjoyed Jordan's. The food was excellent with generous portions. The services was top notch and friendly. It was a special occasion dinner, we requested a table overlooking the concourse - the view was terrific! A definite NYC experience not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True GemMidtownMattVIPDined on 6/20/2014Enjoy a fantastic steak with a nice Cab, while watching the hustle and bustle of Grand Central...a truly New York experience.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Station!DKMAINABGDined on 6/17/2014Jordan's is set in the spectacular main hall at Grand Central Station. A very warm welcome, brisk attentive and unobtrusive service, with delicious well cooked food. Don't miss their "signature" NY Strip steak - as good as meat gets. Everything about our dining experience was positive - We love MJ@GCSNYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venueLocalVIPDined on 6/16/2014convenient for trains. Setting is cool overlooking GCT. Menu is a little tired and the specials could use some creativity. The food is certainly good but will not wow you.Special Features:
- Absolutely Delicious!blueskyboaterDined on 6/10/2014The filet mignon as well as the side dishes were excellent!Special Features:
- Laughable Service, Fair FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014Although convenient to meet or say farewell to travelers at GC the food and service needs major adjustments. Several mishaps in order taking and having to flag down servers to correct them became laughable quickly. Food quality was only fair but portions were adequate. Ambiance is notable if seated along the railing... View of the hustle and bustle of commuters and the like is never tiring.
- GREAT STEAK but they RUSH YOU OUT!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2014I went with my grilfriend who has never been to Michael Jordan's. She likes her steak very soft, tender, juicy and medium cooked, so I told her that Michael Jordan cooks excellent steaks. I was right, she enjoyed her Filet Mignon and so did I. The only complaint she gave me was that they rush you out of the restaurant. The bill was put on our table immediately after we ate our dinner and we did not take any deserts. The waiter came around twice to take our bill. My girlfriend ate everything and was just digesting her food, she ate too much, she did not want to be rushed out of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food/location-Incred. VenueNewYorkRogerDined on 6/3/2014I go here at least 3 times a month if not more because of the service, location and quality of food. You can't beat the location in midtown for proximity to everything and ease for everyone to get here because it's so central. The food is great - typical steakhouse; I only gave it 4 stars (not 5) because the menu doesn't change much. One of my favorite things is the fast track menu which gets me in and out in under an hour and is reasonably priced. My secret tip: ask for a table at the edge with the view over the concourse but you have to reserve in advance because it's popular, perfect for people watching.Special Features:
- strong and steadydehillerinVIPDined on 5/28/2014Reliably good, and the salmon is also wonderful. The feeling of openness above Grand Central's main concourse is a delight and, surprise!, not noisy -- more of a city hum.Special Features:
- The following 1254 reviews are from the Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. reviews archive.
- Great location, reasonable priceRSHouck3VIPDined on 5/20/2014This was my second time to MJ's in 2 weeks. The "Fast Track" lunch is a good deal. The second time the steak was not great - with big pieces of warm fat and not charred as advertised. But still a good deal. You CAN hear your table mate and GCT cannot be beat for the view. I will be back and hope for better luck.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch meetingthepepperdoggieDined on 5/14/2014Great place for the stereotypical busy, always on the go New Yorker. The lunch menu has a message saying to let the staff know if you have to catch a train. We took them up on this and they delivered! Full course lunch prepared to perfection and I caught my train!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Get What You Pay For: LocationBizTravelerDined on 5/14/2014If you're looking for a convenient location - this is it. And you'll pay for it. I was enticed by the special lunch menu....but at the end of lunch, the tab of $90 for two people was much more than I had anticipated. My meal was tasty - but I think not worth the price tag. Sorry, Michael.
- Wonderful ExperiencelchatDined on 5/14/2014Booked a table for 9 for a business lunch and requested the balcony - our out of town guests loved the view of Grand Central and the food was excellent. I highly recommend for business lunches especially when you want to show your guests ManhattanSpecial Features:
- Steaks to die forChicago23inheartbigapeDined on 5/11/2014The food & service was outstanding! Best steaks I had in a while excellent wine selection and great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious...could've been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014The food was delicious but service was a little slow. After dining at Michael Jordan's steakhouse at Mohegan Sun we were thrilled to go back closer to home. Unfortunately we rate the NYC much lower than CT. We LOVED the view in Grand Central Station better than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJ's - As Flexible as a RockBPozDined on 5/8/2014I remember going to Michael Jordan's when it first opened. It was a good restaurant in a spectacular space. 10+ years later, I went back. It was this past week. What a change. Oddly, it became a chain restaurant without having all the baggage and locations that makes a chain steakhouse difficult to pull off. The kitchen or management was inflexible. I asked to substitute my fries for a baked potato on the lobster roll only to be met with "we don't permit substitutions". Regardless, the food was eh. Usually, that statement is followed by a ". . . but I will speak to the chef and do it for you". Not here. in one of NYC's most beautiful settings - Grand Central Station - MJ's has become a tourist, Disney World like restaurant. Boo!
- Wondrous viewlechweDined on 5/8/2014Sitting on the north balcony above the Great Hall of Grand Central Station gives you a birds eye view of one of the greatest spaces in the World! Add to that the great service and food served in classic steak house style. No frills here just really high quality food no matter what you order at prices that don't break your budget. I come here every chance I get and am wowed every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A room with a view.DawgDined on 5/7/2014"I loved the view from inside Grand Central Station. Steak was outstanding. The table was a little disappointed by the Mac and cheese. A little too buttery, not enough cheese. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:
- awesome placeaviddinerDined on 5/3/2014went in and couldn't get the balcony view. The waitress was nice enough to let us sit right adjacent to the balcony end and we had an awesome view of the entire grand central. After my date and i talked and ate, we just needed to stop what we were doing and absorb the beauty of the view. The filet mignon was pretty good.Special Features:
- Great!Bo59Dined on 5/3/2014I loved the location and the good. The staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aldwynDined on 5/2/2014A steakhouse should be respected. Why are people coming un with t-shirts, jeans . Service should be better after. Steak should be outstanding and the quality should be superbSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014French fries were so bad According to the food I ate was very expensive pricesSpecial Features:
- Unique settingeatwellDined on 4/29/2014Unique setting in the west balcony of GCT, excellent, yet some may consider limited, menu, attentive service, expert preparation.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014$41.00 for a boneless 10 ounce rib eye is not what I had in mind. Service was outstanding though. They went above and beyond. Mac and Cheese was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting great food2dine4Dined on 4/25/2014This is my second time at MJ's and again it didn't disappoint ! The food is too notch and the Gorgonzola fondue was a treat .... Porterhouse for two is a great way to go , and the Mac and cheese was sublime .... Service was GREAT and the view of Grand Central is very special ..... What a great place all in allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014The food was excellent and so was the overall service. We dined there for my birthday, but we were not given the table at the balcony, due to other reservation. Nevertheless for the entire time we were there the table remained empty.Special Features:
- grand central with a differencepattoDined on 4/23/2014was looking for some decent steak within walkin distance of my hotel on W34 st. having already fallen for Grand Central as a unique place to visit decided why not eat there too!Interesting combo - formal dining with a working class noise as the background. ok bottle of red and went for the prime end of rib eye on the bone. Shared a nice dozen of large oysters. Meet was tender decent cut and cooked spot on. Probably a little more pepper seasoning than i would normally go for and the sides - we chose to share fries and mushroom didnt get fully consumed as the meat did that job filling us up. service was formal but not over the top. allow approx $100 per head for a couple of courses and wine. Finish by going to to the arches to whisper!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam84Dined on 4/21/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by family who had visited NYC previously and we are delighted they did. We found the atmosphere to be wonderful and the food was excellent, our waiter was extremely helpful and we found all the staff we encountered to be very friendly. The garlic bread fondue starter was scrumptious and both myself and my wife had steaks for our main course. As we both like our steak cooked differently we were delighted to find they were cooked to perfection. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting NYC and hope to one day visit again.Special Features:
- NY with the KidsGregDined on 4/21/2014My family and I are visiting NYC for a few days. My wife and I have been to Jordan's before and wanted to share the experience with the kids. As usual, the food was fantastic and people watching was fun! It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningMajesticMelodyDined on 4/20/2014We chose this restaurant for my son's 29th birthday celebration. He is an avid Michael Jordan fan who even named his son Jordan after the amazing athelete! We chose the Michael Jordan room, which was tucked away from the other guests. the room was oval and slightly elevated with pictures of Michael in his games, winning trophies acrose the wood walls. Very nice! We felt as though were were VIP customers. Amazing service and the shrimp scampi was do die for! Good choice for foodies as well as those who love and admire Michael.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningJLHPDined on 4/19/2014The name is just a way to get you to take a look in my opinion. Really nothing to do with MJ that we could tell. With that said- I will say that our experience was above expectation. We didnt know that the restaurant was right in GCS! This was great in itself. The food was amazing. Service was also above expectation. Typically when you visit a big city, service isnt one of the highlights. On this trip to NYC we noticed that every place we went the service was above expectations. Nice to see. If you have a special occasion, this is a great place to go.Special Features:
- BravoBronzeBaronDined on 4/19/2014Dinner was most excellent. We had the salmon and bonless rib-eye. It was all to die for. The vegatables were perfecrly cooked. The server, Julio, was attentative and kept us laughing with light bantor and jokes. Will return before summer is over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steaksDuchessDined on 4/17/2014A sleek and sophisticated welcome was given upon our arrival. The request for a table overlooking the concourse was noted and more importantly, provided. Service was impeccable, and the steaks were the best we have had. The waiter advised us regarding portion sizes and sides, so that we didn't over order. This was truly the best way he could have sprint his birthday evening. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy steak housebronzeburnDined on 4/17/2014Short but quality menu. Very high quality food and excellent, attentive service. Small selection of beer but not a disaster. Steaks and sides where outstanding, but you pay for it.Special Features:
- Great lunchManhattan1VIPDined on 4/16/2014Went with my wife for lunch prior to a midtown meeting and we both were extremely impressed with the food and service. I've been there many times for business meetings, but this turned out to be memorable for the food. Great salmon - in fact best I've ever had - service was excellent - attentive and respectful of fact that we had a timing issue. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- nice celebration of birthdays!hollywoodDined on 4/7/2014Portions and food was excellent. We had a great time and experience. We were disappointed that they were out of lobster roll but the prawns made up for it. They were so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Ever!Dogga88Dined on 4/3/2014The Bone-In Sirloin was the best steak I've ever had...and I've had quite a few. Bravo! Dining in the heart of Grand Central Station makes everything even more special. Terrific service too.Special Features:
- Fantastic placeLynzDined on 3/30/2014I would recommend eating here. The food, service and staff were all lovely. Don't let the thought of its location put you off. It's a wonderful & not that noisy experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A life experience.JoeyDined on 3/29/2014Had the best time. The Waiter Staff are Perfection; the Food was over the Top. Will be back again most certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Located in Central Station-goodCB66Dined on 3/28/2014Located in Central Station-good for people visiting from out of town Staff great Food GoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.