Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
7551 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haroldsbistro.com/
- Phone: 6042333969
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: From 11:00am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
**Sunday A-La-Carte Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
***Lounge open 11:00am - midnight
****A-La-Carte Breakfast available all day on request****
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Prime Rib, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Vu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can host your group in Harold's restaurant for 1-100! Interested in a reception, sit down lunch, dinner or afternoon meeting? Harold's is the place for your event. We can create a custom menu for your group.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy an open room with floor to ceiling windows and a beautiful courtyard view!
We can accommodate your group from 1-100
- Private Party Contact: Tegan Farrell 6042333968
- Special Events: Join us for Canucks action!
Game Day specials!
Reserve a seat today!
Book your business lunch or after work event at Harold's! We can create a custom menu or choose from our group menu selections.
Where can you go 7 days a week for a Deluxe Breakfast Buffet?
We now feature our Prime Rib Special on Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings from 5pm!
- Cross Street: Minoru Blvd
- Public Transit: The Bistro and Lounge can be easily accessible by transit buses or by taxi. We are a five minute walk from the Brighouse station on the Canada Line.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking for patrons of the bistro and lounge. Please register your license plate number with a restaurant associate.
A word from Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
A contemporary restaurant & bar highlighting comfortable, globally inspired, casual dining supporting the green concept from farm to table. Harold’s has “Something for Everyone”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Harold's Bistro & Bar - Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- We were there for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012We were there for Christmas dinner. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. This was my first time at Harold's. I'll be returning for a regular dinner and lunch!Special Features:
- 15% charge added not nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012The food and atmosphere were wonderful. I booked for the Richmond Diabetic Support group. We are all seniors and most are low income. We did not appreciate having 15% placed on each person's bill. It was great to see Harold and have him come say hello.We will probably look for another restaurant unless the practice of adding 15% to groups of 8 or more continues. The washrooms are also too far from restaurant.Joyce WalshSpecial Features:
- Perhaps it was the time ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/26/2012Perhaps it was the time of our meal, because when we got there at 2:30, we had to wait around 5 minutes before someone noticed us waiting by the hostess counter. We finally got a seat, and because we were on a bit of a tight schedule, we ordered our food immediately. We had one appie and two entree. The appie came after 20 minute, which seemed kind of ridiculous considering there were only us ad another table of 3 at the restaurant (and they already got their food before we sat down so it wasn't like they had to make their food before ours). The entrees took an additional half hour, making it a whole 50 minute before we even got to see our entree. In the end, we had to pack our entire uneaten entree to go.Special Features:
- I chose Harold's on the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012I chose Harold's on the day as it had a choice for Thanksgiving Dinner. We had Prime Rib. Prime Rib Portion was small and perhaps not in the range of doneness we had asked for. Waiter was probably new, it took time to receive drinks, and dinner. But the after dinner service is when it all fell apart. The bill was in error. I couldn't get his attention to fix it. It wasn't busy. Asked a fellow waiter to fix it which she obligingly did. Then couldn't get his attention to pay for dinner. Which to me undermines the whole dining out experience. This space needs a supervisor to oversea that tables are being looked after, or seasoned staff who can self actualize.
- The hostess and bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The hostess and bartender were not the friendliest but our server Vanessa was friendly.
- Our group of 5 have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2012Our group of 5 have been to Harold's for dinner a number of times. The menu is varied and often there is a sheet of specials. The Chicken Thai Noodle pasta was excellent. It was surprisingly noisy this time as the restaurant was packed - very unsual for a Tuesday - but we were still able to hear our conversation. There is outdoor dining around the garden/pool in good weather. Leave your license plate number at the front desk and you won't have to pay for parking - just tell them you're dining at Harolds. They could also refund parking on your bill if you paid. A very pleasant evening. They are in the Entertainment Book.Special Features:
- I think the less than adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2012I think the less than adequate service and food was a one off. Usually this place is very very good.Special Features:
- I had won this gift certificateLianneDined on 8/18/2012I had won this gift certificate from the richmond review contest...We were greeted very warmly and seated in a terrific booth. Our server Jessica was terrific from start to finish.We had a variety of choices and a good bottle of wine which she opened and let breathe as I had asked.I would certainly go back again as it was a wonderful experience, service and food.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch@Harold'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012The food for the Mother's Day Buffet was a very good quality with friendly staff so that the experience was terrific.Special Features:
- This felt a little like eatingElleDined on 5/12/2012This felt a little like eating in a canteen. There were wide spaces with sightlines of the buffet tables. It felt like a barn. Disappointing feel.Special Features:
- Great hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012I had a fantastic lunch at Harold's. It was a beautiful day so we chose seats on the patio. Surrounded by buildings of hotel rooms it blocks the wind which helped on the day we were there. A little strange to be on a business lunch with people lounging by the pool next to you, but this was to be expected at a hotel restaurant. I enjoyed a halibut burger that was tender and juicy with a great side salad. My friend chose the clubhouse which she also loved. We has very refreshing wine spritzers to compliment our meals. Service was excellent. If I came for indoor seating I would probably choose the lounge area over the restaurant area as it has a cozier vibe with big screen tv's. Also a plus is a starbucks right outside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good, quiet family orientedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Good, quiet family oriented place for brunch. Efficient, quick service.Special Features:
- The food is great tasting,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2012The food is great tasting, everything is fresh and the chef does an amazing job! The service is very good and welcoming. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual good place to have lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Taste maintained but Service dropsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We have our Valentine's dinner at Harold's. We were at Harold's couple weeks ago, and though that it will be a safe choice. I don't know it is a standard or what we spend more than two hours for a 3-course dinner this time. Being said that, the restaurant was not crazy busy and the kitchen seems able to catch up the clock. We spend a lot of time waiting for the waitress take the order, place the setting, even though asking for the bill. Furthermore, the food portion was significantly smaller than we have for dine-out two weeks ago (not to mention one of the entrees were exactly same as last time). The only thing we still appreciated is that the chef can maintain the qualitySpecial Features:
- we were staying at hotel soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012we were staying at hotel so it was an obvious choiceSpecial Features:
- Great Apps and DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2012Best parts of the meal was the appetizer and dessert. Unfortunately, the entree was just okay. Crabcake appetizer was much larger than I expected and tasted good. Wife had spinach salad that was better than other spinach salads she had. My steak was okay but smothered with too much sauce. The mash potatoes accompanying it seemed like instant? Would a hotel restaurant serve instant mash potatoes? Wife's sockeye salmon was overcooked. The desserts (bread pudding & chocolate cake), though, like the apps, were delicious and good portions. The restaurant is quite bright. They should invest in a dimmer. The menu is fairly extensive so I would consider returning and trying different entrees or just going for a drink and apps.Special Features:
- Great food, service and value!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2012Great food, service and value! The potstickers, Alaskan cod and cheesecake were all delicious! Dine Out Vancouver is a great way to check out a new place! A nice surprise is that the parking cost is reimbursed (at $4/hour) - so take your receipt in with you!Special Features:
- nice bistro attached to aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012nice bistro attached to a sports bar ... but nice ambiance staff was exceptionally nice.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012We enjoyed our experience at Harold's - this is the third time there...server and manager and hotel staff excellent and chef did nice job with our meals...thank youSpecial Features:
- Our server was very friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Our server was very friendly, she was always available to attend our needs with out hovering, she made our experience memorable. My family will be back again, the menu was varied and quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- 2011 Christmas Dinner BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Food tastes definitely better than other hotels' buffet. Carefully selected dishes (limited) but with great service, warm ambiance, good food, and great company - $30.95/pax for Christmas dinner becomes memorable!Special Features:
- A great buffet for the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011My wife and I decided to have a Christmas Eve Buffet at Harold's Bar and Bistro. When we arrived, we were greeted promptly and shown our table. The restaurant was near capacity and there was a very good energy. The buffet was excellent. We really enjoyed the smoked salmon, sirloin, turkey, seasonal vegetables and stuffing. Particularly good was the dessert buffet... an excellent bread pudding, wonderful cakes and bite-size treats. Very good quality. And great service, staff was pleasant. Recommended!Special Features:
- While the food and servicecdlcDined on 11/19/2011While the food and service were good one of our party was hard of hearing and I had asked for a quiet table, their booths work great. Rather we were put by their back room which is open to the dining room and which was hosting a large party. The noise was deafening for all of us, eradicating any possibility of conversation. Most table around us were also complaining.
- Ignore first impressionsHOzzyDined on 11/17/2011First glance at Harold's is that the menu is right out of 70's hotel land. Not real imaginative, lots of things you've tried a hundred times before, some it clearly from frozen ingredients. But here's the thing - the food is cooked well, the atmosphere is friendly, the prices far from the usual hotel price jack, the service honest and friendly. I wouldn't make it a weekly stop, but you could do a lot worse than give it a few hours of your time. Was pleasantly surprised and will be back.Special Features:
- some good, some bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2011Harolds has some good stuff and some bad stuff. Awesome spaghetti and meatballs (meatballs are huge and delicious), curry is suprisingly tasty. The braised beef if a dry and not tender and the meatloaf is dry and almost burnt. If you order the right dishes you'll leave happy. If you order the wrong dish you're in trouble. Service can be great or lacking. Its really hard to not like Harolds because they have really good nights, but when you end up with a bad meal you wonder about their consistency. parking is validated for one hour, they have wing and dry rib deals on canucks game days. coffee and tea is almost as expensive and a martini special. Its hit and miss, use an entertainment coupon to buffer a miss.
- I had never been to Harold'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2011I had never been to Harold's Bistro and Bar and was pleasantly surprised. We went for Thanksgiving dinner. We were served a very generous portion along with a wonderful piece of cheesecake. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Horrible Server - okay restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2011The server was horrible - I can appreciate it being a game night. However waiting for a period and half (including the break) for two orders of wings is unacceptable. We ordered a Margarita, the bar didn't have the ingredients, and the server forgot to tell us that they were out - we didn't find out till 15 minutes later after asking her. She then proceeded to stand in front of the tv at the table in front of us blocking our view because she wanted to watch the game. Even the manager was horrible. We waved her down to ask her for salsa and sour cream for our nacho's which never came till we asked twice. She (the manager) also ignored us when we waved at her. We've been to Harold's many times - this time was horrible. Her name is Nan
- good mothers day brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2011we went for the mothers day brunch buffet, it was good. the service was good attended to us alot will return. the outside makes it look like a cheap place but once inside its very niceSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly poor visitfoodie4everVIPDined on 3/26/2011Really disappointing visit... we used to go quite often, but were busy for awhile.. We finally found time to go back, but to find out the portions have shrunk significantly, they didn't even provide bread & butter.. I had requested the lady to provide the bread, she acknowledged us, but did not give us any. It's hard to tip well on such service, but it becomes a cycle, where they provide bad service so we don't tip much so they keep giving bad service... Not sure what should be done...Special Features:
- The Harold's hamburgers wereLuvdHapaCoalHarbourVIPDined on 11/13/2010The Harold's hamburgers were disappointing. Patties charred and too salty. Yam and potato fries tasted good though, and so did the beer. I have dined here a number of times because the location is convenient, but other than having drinks, I wouldn't be able to recommend the food.
- We were a group of 8 and almostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2010We were a group of 8 and almost all of us ordered something different. I had been before and had the beet and goat cheese salad so ordered it again but was disappointed as it wasn't as good as the previous time. Everyone else really enjoyed their meal and the place was great for a group - you don't feel crowded or on top of other diners. All in all it was a very positive experience.Special Features:
- We dined at Harold's on aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2010We dined at Harold's on a Friday night. The restaurant area was very quiet and we were the only ones dining which made our dinner very private and romantic. Service was good. I had the Cod served with mashed potatoes and green beans ... it was delicious !!! My husband on the other hand had the New York Steak and it looked and tasted horrible. I would highly recommend the Cod when dining here not the steak. The ambiance is great .. very modern and they have a nice patio with firepit. We used our entertainment book coupon and saved $20 on our bill so overall an enjoyable experience but the food was not good enough for us to come back.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2010This was our 2nd time here and a disappointment from the 1st. Food was tasty, but salmon and pork chop were dry. Server was very slow and restaurant wasn't even busy. He stood back waiting to be summoned for next step - like food order.Special Features:
- Overall the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/6/2010Overall the dining experience was good. Found the service was very slow and empty dishes were left at our table. Good value with the food though.Special Features:
- The Lamb shank is really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2010The Lamb shank is really good but the Vancouver Dine-out Menu was disappointing.Special Features:
- We were disappointed at ourMaurmckVIPDined on 4/16/2010We were disappointed at our Harold's experience. I tried to order a Bellini but was informed they don't have the machine anymore. I went with a Sour Apple Martini but received something green and sweet. For dinner I ordered the Pork Chop and my husband the Meatloaf. The Pork Chop was overdone and very dry. My husband's Meatloaf was actually very tasty but unfortunately had suffered the same fate as my Pork Chop so the top and bottom were very overcooked, a little black and hard. The menu was very extensive but perhaps if they tried to focus on less, the quality might improve. It seems like a good place for your basic bar food-hamburgers, sandwiches but I recommend steering away from dinner items. Good service but we probably won't return.Special Features:
- We have been to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2010We have been to the restaurant twice and both times the food was excellent and the staff were friendly and accomodating. Everyone had a wonderful time and we would recommend it.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2010Food was very good. Service was ok, but there was a huge group of young teens(?) having a do there, so staff were busy. Looks like it will be a great patio spot in the summer.Special Features:
- My lunch was delicious, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2009My lunch was delicious, however, we did have a couple issues. Two lunches were incomplete: 1.) the Cobb salad was missing both bacon and dressing and had mushy avocadoes; 2.) the Brie and Chicken panini was missing the pear compote. The salad was replaced with a new one and looked fabulous. The panini was taken back and pear compote added. Some people at the table thought a fresh new one should have been given. Two other people were offered prawn instead of shrimp -- a nice exchange for sure.
- Food was really salty. ServiceSatisfiedDined on 10/27/2009Food was really salty. Service was very friendly, but appearance of the waiting staff was almost sloppy. If they made the whole restaurant look like the lounge area, the ambiance would have been much better.