810 Matson Place
Cincinnati, OH 45204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pvista.com/
- Phone: 5132516467x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Closed on Monday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Prince
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Primavista offers the same excellent food and service with the same breath-taking view as our main dining room, for private parties. We pride ourselves in the fact that our Chef Chris Prince prepares dishes for 100 guests with the same care and attention as he does for two guests.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Rixson or Joan 5132516467x
A word from Primavista
Primavista, named after our "Premier View", takes your breath away! Enjoy Chef Chris Prince's award-winning Italian dishes while over-looking the Cincinnati skyline, Ohio River and Northern Kentucky hillside. Primavista, established in 1989, is the cozy but elegant creation of Owners Frank and Joan Lenkerd. They and Chef Chris Prince have been working together to keep Primavista "Primo" for over 18 years. Because of our long-standing reputation for excellent food and service, Primavista draws guests from all over the world. From Prom dates to 50th Anniversary parties, Proposals to Rehearsal Dinners and Business Dinners to Birthday Parties, you're sure to impress your guests at Primavista. Just 5 minutes West of downtown we're quite convenient to all areas , but please see our website for directions, promotion details, and other information. www.pvista.com 513-251-6467Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Primavista - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Primavista reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (187)special occasion (151)romantic (150)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (44)good for groups (33)hot spot (16)late-night find (16)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- jms60Dined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed everything about our dinner at Primavista ! Everything was perfect . Food, service and food. We hope to be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davidknoxvilleDined on 6/20/2014we had a wonderful meal and the atmosphere was very relaxed.Special Features:
- Great for Special OcassionsPrimavistaDined on 6/20/2014Primavista is located on the historical incline, on the first floor of an unimpressive apartment building. That you have found a neighborhood gem is apparent the moment that you walk through the front door and step back in time. The hall is lined with antiques that could have been found in wealthy home in the 1800's. The dining room is spacious and elegant and the view overlooking the city is gorgeous. Diners can see the entire skyline and the beautiful sleepy river. The view is especially spectacular when night falls and the skyline lights up. Our last visit to Primavista, the owner stopped by our table and had a friendly chat! We ordered the Veal Saltimboca, Risotto, gnocchi, and bruchetta with honey and goat cheese, TO DIE FOR!Special Features:
- Delicious vegan optionsJavierDined on 6/20/2014Great vegetarian and vegan options. They were very accommodating on us picking, choosing, mixing, and pairing ingredients and foods. And for being a vegan meal, it was amazing. The risotto with exotic mushrooms is to die for and I dislike mushrooms, but I couldn't help myself. Polenta cakes, side pastas, spinach and mushrooms, and Brussel sprouts are well portioned and delicious. I only with the basil pesto was more creamy and garliqui. You definitely must have the garlic butter with their delicious rosemary bread. Great wine list selection. Much better than a chain italian restaurant without a doubt! I would even come back to this place just for dinner and go back home 2.5 hours away. It's THAT good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and food very enjoyable.oscar950Dined on 6/19/2014We did have problems finding this restaurant because of road work and all the no left turns that our GPS kept telling us to take. The view is awesome and the food was exceptionally good. The wine list was one of the best we have found in the area and the prices were very reasonable. The only reason that we didn't rate it all excellent is because as the night went on the noise level was very high and we couldn't talk to each other very well. But a good crowd tells me the restaurant is very successful especially on a Thursday night. Otherwise it was a good evening and we would go back again.Special Features:
- night outluv4foodDined on 6/18/2014We made reservations for our 15th anniversary. They made it a very nice night. Food was great, view incredible, and the service excellent. Only thing not over the top was the decor. I know they wanted a old world style, but somethings need to be replaced. But that will not stop us from coming back.Special Features:
- 2014FoodieDined on 6/17/2014Prima Vista was a perfect spot for celebrating college graduation. It was classy and elegant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but we'll go backnewintownDined on 6/15/2014Food was much better than good, but not "out of this world". The Gnocchi with Pancetta and Peas (potato dumplings with sage butter, black pepper and reggiano) was yummy, but with a little too much butter. The Seared Lamb Loin (with parmesan polenta, asparagus, gorgonzola, arugula and red wine-balsamic reduction) serving was extremely generous, tender and with excellent flavor. However the asparagus was underdone. I want al dente, not hard. Overall kind of pricey, but enjoyable. Hard to find due to road construction. Beginning to be a bit worn. Place was not excessively noisy, we could carry on a conversation. Staff was very friendly without being overly friendly. We will go back to try some other dishes. Hope we don't get lost again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!TimebaronDined on 6/15/2014The staff...the view...the food. All perfect! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and food but older spotDukeDined on 6/14/2014We chose this place for a special occasion and very much enjoyed the scenic view. It is in an old condo building, so the first impression is not great. The interior is much in need of updating and new furniture. So, if you want ambiance this is not the place. It reminds me of a place where everyone went as a hot spot in the 80's. However, the service was outstanding; our water and iced tea glasses were always full. The wait staff was very nice. The food tasted great and everyone in our party enjoyed their meals - seafood special, veal saltimbocca, lamb, etc...Special Features:
- nojaggededgeshereVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating the 50th anniversary of the ordination of a priest. It was a celebration that we will all remember. On this very busy evening, Annie, our server, did an excellent job of seeing to our needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The meals we had were excellent. The time between courses was just right and everyone from our waiter to the busboys were very efficient and friendlySpecial Features:
- goodeaterVIPDined on 6/14/2014Always , always have a wonderful dinner. Service is always perfect and the wait staff knowledgeable and friendly. My favorite Italian Cincinnati restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Anne was our waitress. She is the best. Outstanding people skills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentFoodExplorerDined on 6/8/2014The food, the view the service can't be better... always a favorite why not check it out and see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in the city!TasteofthetownDined on 6/7/2014Food is delicious and the view can't be beat. Best to go when it's daylight and watch it get dark! Try the breadpudding...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dottieDined on 6/7/2014Very pleasant evening with three teenagers -- everyone liked their food choices -- very ample serving sizes. I definitely plan to visit Primavista again.Special Features:
- Great, one one draw backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Everything was great, my only complaint is that our seat had a pillar blocking a good part of the view of downtown Cincinnati.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCoachB12Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I had a great experience at Prima Vista! The service was great and the food was excellent as well. On top of that, it has one of the best views in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Special Spot in Cinci!jonnyfancyhatDined on 6/3/2014Amazing view and the perfect romantic ambiance! It's tasteful and classy with a warm and skilled staff. We most recently went for our anniversary and our experience was amazing as always! It's oOne of the signs that the restaurant is well run is that the staff has been there a long time and they are happy. It always feels special and for my wife and I to dine with them.Special Features:
- Love Prima VistaJudiDined on 5/31/2014Whenever we have an occasion to celebrate, Prima Vista is our first choice. Frank and Joan have created an atmosphere of hospitality that few restaurants achieve. The food is always delicious, the view is spectacular and the wait staff well trained.Special Features:
- great date nightBrodi3manDined on 5/31/2014The view and ambiance was great. Seating was a bit tight, but everyone has a view of the city in return. The waiters were patient, i never felt rushed to order or leave. I would definitely recommend it for a nice date night.Special Features:
- Fall in loveryebraunDined on 5/31/2014I took my beat friend here for her birthday and the food, view and service were above my expectations. I am most certainly coming back and have already told people about my experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traveler2Dined on 5/30/2014The food is brilliant. We tried four starters, two were specials and the others off the menu. We would recommend any of them, however, the escargot was outstanding. The gorganzola sauce was wonderful. This may have been the best escargot we have ever eaten and we sample all around the world. The special was salmon and done to perfection. Shrimp with Angel hair pasta in sherry sauce and veal were all wonderful. Dessert topped the night off with brownies and Sambuca. The staff and service were outstanding. Get out and eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Although I have lived in Cincinnati most of my life, this was my first time at Prima Vista - will look forward to going back!Special Features:
- First ImpressionsMotoDined on 5/29/2014I don't believe there is a table without a grand view of the city skyline. We passed on the wine but the list was extensive. Service was prompt and a brief explanation of the available Chef's Specials was given and diner's inquires on menu items were answered. The Gamberetti con Gnocchi was selected as the antipasti course. The sage butter, roasted garlic. and sweet olive oil added pleasingly to the Italian bread. The insalte followed in the proper sequence and was light and pleasing. I selected the Filetto di Bue and my cut was properly cooked to my preferences. I especially enjoyed the accompanying risotto croquette. The green beans were al dente which is not "to my tooth." Sorbetto and espresso stato finale di un pasto raffinato.Special Features:
- City gemWillReturnDined on 5/25/2014Excellent menu for Italian food. Great fish and veal choices. View at night outstanding.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dining w/ a View!!Bill4CYTDined on 5/24/2014I discovered this restaurant for myself back in 1995 and I go back as often as I can. The menu provides a multitude of flavorful, Italian-themed options that can be prepared to taste. The portions are generous and presentation is good to very good. The dining experience is complimented by what is arguably one of the best views in the city. Many of the tables are situated to give patrons a view overlooking Cincinnati's west-side into downtown. It's a little pricey for me to dine regularly, but by no means is the menu over-priced...it's truly that good. So I reserve it for special occasions and savor each visit. This is a 'MUST' for Cincinnati locals and visitors alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better now!bestVIPDined on 5/24/2014The view has always been superb at Primavista, and now the food has even gotten better. It's the whole dining package now!Special Features:
- Great time!engagingtimeDined on 5/23/2014Food was wonderful along with fantastic service! View is stunning to say the least and made for a great evening dining!Special Features:
- pickles69Dined on 5/22/2014Great restaurant and service by the sisters behind the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!GradyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful food, service, and View. My wife and I had a great time and we will bring the rest of the family next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rwb1armyDined on 5/17/2014Not only was the food and view exquesite but you are to be comended on the excellent individuals you have working for you organization. They were helpful, organized and extremely friendly. I have had the opportunity to dine in many resturants both state side and global and I rate this dining experience one of the best. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveJohnDined on 5/14/2014Service great food was wonderful. Will return. The view was great.Special Features:
- EnjoyableoverachieverDined on 5/13/2014Our food was very good, and our server was outstanding. The view of Cincinnati in the early evening is spectacular. It is a bit pricey, but I guess we're paying for the view too.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!SteveDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I celebrated Mother's Day at Primavista. We had a delicious meal! It was a beautiful, clear evening and the view of down town Cincinnati was beautiful.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperiencebetsyDined on 5/11/2014Mom's day was wonderful because of Primavista. My mom and aunt and I had a table window-side, overlooking downtown Cincinnati. A very rare opportunity today. The food was quite good and service was excellent. A very welcoming crew at Primavista.Special Features:
- Perfect Evening!PuppyLoverDined on 5/10/2014Celebrated graduation with a view of the city and delicious food! My family has not stopped talking about the atmosphere and amazing Italian food! It really marked a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Need to improve wine by the glass selection. The view is great after dark. The decor needs to be updated.Special Features:
- trainman2Dined on 5/10/2014My wife and I ate here for our anniversary. We had reservations for 7:30. We were seated on the top row of the terraced dinning room and had a fantastic view of the Cincinnati skyline. I really don't think there is a bad seat all have good views. We watched the transition from evening sun to nighttime as the city lights began to come on. The food was very good and very reasonably priced. Our service was good but our server seemed a little lost at times. We will definitely go back. We felt that it was one of the nicer dinning experiences we have had in quite some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.