The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
1 East Washington Avenue
Newtown, PA 18940Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brickhotel.com/
- Phone: 2158608313x
- Hours of Operation:
We invite you to enjoy a charming old world experience at the Historic Brick Hotel & Restaurant located in the heart of Newtown's Historic Main Street. We proudly sit behind a white picket fence with a well tended garden. Our award-winning Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & brunch menus open year-round where the setting is casual yet the experience is fine dining. Stay in one of the lovely fifteen guest rooms for a weekend getaway that memories are made of, ending with a spectacular Sunday Brunch & a stroll through Historic Newtown Borough. We have won Best in Bucks for Brunch (2011,2010, 2009, 2008...)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dave
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact 215-860-8313 for your Birthdays, Showers, Wedding, Business Meetings, and any special events. We help you plan and make is very easy for you. We can accommodate 20-120 guests. Guests rave about our Menus and gourmet creations and love the ambiance.
- Private Party Facilities: Brick provides On and Off premise catering for private affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy 2158608313x
- Entertainment: Bar Happy Hour Sunday - Friday from 5PM to 7PM.
Martini Night Out every Thursday with Martini Specials for $5 --5pm-10pm
- Special Events: Best in Bucks Brunch every Sunday!
Best in Bucks Dinner!
Join us for all the holidays and make them special.
New Years Eve
A word from The Brick Hotel & Restaurant
Come visit a striking presence along Newtown's Historic Main Street. It sits gleaming behind a white picket fence with well tended gardens. Enjoy a trend-setting dining experience in glass-enclosed verandas or casual fare outdoors enhanced by gardens of Old World charm. Our award-winning Restaurant offers seasonal breakfast, lunch, dinner & brunch menus for year-round casual & fine dining. Stay in one of the hotel's fifteen guest rooms. Enjoy a weekend that memories are made of, culminating with a spectacular Sunday Brunch & a stroll through Historic Newtown Borough. We have won Best in Bucks for Brunch (2010, 2009, 2008...)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brick Hotel & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Would not go back. Only endedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2012Would not go back. Only ended up there because LaStalla in Newtown had a 45 min wait. Veggies were cold, prices were realy high and food was not great at all for the price. Menu was limitted, not much of a choice.
- Party of 2 for lunch. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2012Party of 2 for lunch. We took advantage of the prix fix 3 course lunch; Soup or salad, then entree, then dessert. Food was very good and the service was friendly, but we did have our soup served and then waited a good 5 minutes before our waitress checked on us and realized that she didn't give us a spoon. :) Overall a very pleasant place to have a nice meal.Special Features:
- Go somewhere elseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2012We ate on New Years day. The place was practically empty. Most of the steak cuts were not available. Two of us ordered a dish with risotto which was so oversalted as to be almost inedible. We will not return to this restaurant again.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2011very rushed service and the restaurant was empty, no reason for it. food was ok nothing to rave about.
- i ordered a sirloin steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2011i ordered a sirloin steak and received about 8 steak medallions for 27 dollars. Very expensive and not what we thought as it was never stated that it would be medallions and not a full piece of steak!
- There was only one other coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/8/2011There was only one other couple in the restaurant on a Thursday night. The table was split between steak and two fish choices, salmon and Chilean sea bass. The food was presented well but failed to impress. Since I was the only one drinking red wine, I ordered by the glass and the wine had definitely been open from the previous day or before. The ambiance is nice, but if they can't draw a crowd on a Thursday night I wonder if they will make it in this iteration of the Brick.Special Features:
- Service was swful. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Service was swful. We were a party of 5 and there was only one other table of two, maybe a handful of people at the bar and it took over an hour for the main dish to come out. To top it off most of the dishes were cold or just lukewarm. It took the server 10-15 minutes to stop by to see how the food was. We told her good but cold, she told the manager who didn't care, didn't even come over because we had eaten it. Of course we ate, we had been waiting for an hour, we were not going to send it back to the kitchen and wait more. Then the server, with knowing we weren't happy, took forever to bring the check and never came to pick up the card, we had to hand it to the hostess when she walked by so we could pay.
- Food was very good and portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Food was very good and portions were enough. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Nice historic place, but needsQuirkyBlackManVIPDined on 9/4/2011Nice historic place, but needs refreshing. The carpet was well past worn and maybe water damaged. We almost did not stay because of the musky mildewy smell, but I'm glad that we did because the Sunday Brunch was otherwise excellent. Well worth the trip and price. Great for all occasions. Ambiance would be outstanding with better indoor air quality.Special Features:
- A lovely setting with great serviceDianeVIPDined on 8/20/2011We had a lovely outside table. The server, Ryan, was excellent as one of us needed to be on a train to NYC and we needed to be served and on our way in less than an hour and a half. He was able to do this without us feeling we were even rushing. A lovely evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very nice place, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2011Very nice place, very good service, very tasty bread and appetizers (shrimp bruschetta and crab cakes are yummy), plentiful entree portions. Lamb chops could use some work though - you get a lot of "lamb bang" for your buck, but it lacks flavor, which they try to mask by drenching in some generic gravy. Otherwise a very nice anniversary dinner experience.Special Features:
- This used to be a premierQdogVIPDined on 5/7/2011This used to be a premier restaurant in historic Newtown. We haven't been back since we moved out of the area and our first visit in 6 years was very disappointing. The service was terrible and the food not much better.
- The Owner and Server wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2011The Owner and Server were exceptionally attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous. We appreciated the attention they gave to us. The food was very good and well presented.Special Features:
- Excellent food, outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2011Excellent food, outstanding service, highly recommend stopping by this neighborhood landmark.Special Features:
- Not sure what happened toJoanDined on 2/26/2011Not sure what happened to the Brick. It used to be really good but looks like new owner/chef is not appealing to former customers. Drove by on a Saturday night around 9PM and the place was dead, like 5 cars in the parking lot.
- Food was indeed very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Food was indeed very good. The only reason the service gets three stars is because we went there on Valentine's day and I think they were short staffed. It too forever for anything to show up after making the request. The waiter did try though - I just think he was way too swamped. Still, it is what it is....!Special Features:
- Excellent food! Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011Excellent food! Great spot for a Valentine's dinner!Special Features:
- We called to make sure theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2011We called to make sure the prix fixe menu was available and we were told it was. Once we arrived we were told it wasn't available. Although eventually we did get to order from the price fixed menu. The salads came out 1 by 1 with over a minute apart from each guests! The steak was overcooked but they did another one for us and took the price of the steak off of our check which was very nice. Overall it was okay and I'm not sure if I'd go back.
- Just AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2011Overall the service was adequate, albeit slow. The staff should be more mindful of the clientele and keep conversation to a minimum within earshot of the customers. There was an event that had recently ended and we spent 10 minutes listening to the vacuum cleaner nearby. A push sweeper would have been more appropriate. The food was good, served hot and very well prepared.Special Features:
- We went for dinner on NewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2010We went for dinner on New Year's Eve and everything was terrific. The food was great and the service was perfect. We've been to other places we love on NYE where the food and service have been disappointing but not at the Brick Hotel. All in our party thoroughly enjoyed each course and our server couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. We never felt rushed and overall had a very delightful experience.
- This was just the second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2010This was just the second time we have dinned at this restaurant (the last time was about 10 years ago). When we arrived, the waitress could not find our reservation. I informed her that we booked our reservation on Open Table about 30 minutes before arriving, but she was unable to confirm. She did, however, find us a good table for our party of 4. The menu was a "fixed" menu, which was probably due to it being Christmas Eve. The food was better than the first time we dinned at this restaurant and we thought the food/price was a good value. However, the service was a little slow - the total dinning experience lasted 2.5 hours. It took 20 minutes from the time we got our bill to the time the waitress came back to complete the process!
- Unlike past positive experiences,JerryVIPDined on 12/21/2010Unlike past positive experiences, lunch time right before Christmas, the restaurant was not busy and the service was extremely slow.
- Lunch at the Brick Hotel hasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2010Lunch at the Brick Hotel has been a tradition for as long as we've been attending the Newtown House Tour. We've never been disappointed. The food is great, the ambiance festive and the staff delightful. Our next trip will be in the spring to sit outdoors in the gorgeous patio.Special Features:
- Sat out on theenclosed porchmikeDined on 11/27/2010Sat out on theenclosed porch but it was still a little drafty.Special Features:
- Warm, friendly atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2010Warm, friendly atmosphere, attentive service with special attention for our family member with a birthday. Wonderful table setting near a fireplace. Pleasant server-guest interaction with both adults and children.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereRJK26VIPDined on 10/24/2010The food and atmosphere were good, the service was excellent. We were a table of 8 and they sat us in an area that when other diners walked by (which was frequently because it was a buffet brunch)they were constantly banging in to our chairs. It was disruptive and uncomfortable. When we asked to move they had no other tables to move us to.
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2010The service and food were excellent although the wine list left alot to be desired. There was a very limited selection of wine by the bottle and some that were offered by the glass were not offered by the bottle. If it had been BYO, we would have enjoyed it much more.Special Features:
- Good food, an excellent experience.LuxloverDined on 9/26/2010Good food, an excellent experience. Wonderful and friendly staff. Nice atmosphere, cheery and bright. Thank you Brick Hotel. Steven from Marlton, NJ.Special Features:
- The food was cooked wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2010The food was cooked wrong and we couldn't find our waitress, or any staff for that matter, to have it corrected for a long time.
- My husband and I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2010My husband and I dined at the Brick Hotel on Friday evening. We sat at a table in the garden, and it was a perfect evening all around. We loved our server, Maria, and we loved the meals she suggested for us (she didn't give us a menu, and we were concerned, but we trusted her); the Salmon with crab meat was out of this world, and the Sea Bass was scrumptious. Even though we were full after a salad course and dinner, our waitress suggested a dessert we couldn't pass up. The Mango Tarte was amazing! We will continue to patronize the Brick Hotel for the outstanding food, and the diligent service. Thank you Brick Hotel!
- My husband and I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2010My husband and I dined at the Brick Hotel on Friday evening, 23rd July. We were SO impressed with our meals; my husband had the Veal Oscar and I had the Sea bass. The food was outstanding, and our waitress was the best we've ever (and we've dined at many places)had the pleasure to meet. Marie was simply perfect...the right amount of checking on us, and always present with a smile. We had heard negative things about the Brick from our neighbors who'd dined there three years ago, but we are happy we went there on Friday! Nice music, too!!! We will go back to the Brick Hotel, and we will always, always ask for the waitress who served us that evening.Special Features:
- Food was very good but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2010Food was very good but disappointed with the service. Asked for lemon in the water and server did not bring it or acknowledge that she forgot when I mentioned it to her. Also, asked for salad dressing on the side and it was put on the salad. She did acknowledge that that was "the kitchen's mistake" and then offered to take it bake but the others at the table had hot food so I realized I would be eating alone if I accepted that offer.Special Features:
- My wife and I dined at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2010My wife and I dined at the Brick Hotel on Friday, July 2nd. We were very impressed with the meals: I had the rack of lamb and my wife ordered the sea bass. Both were outstanding entrees. Our server, Maria, is always a gem and we ask for her each time we dine there. The outdoor dining area is great! We highly recommend the Brick!!!Special Features:
- Expensive and not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010Expensive and not impressed with food or service at Sunday Father's day brunch
- Food was creative and veryMKA9Dined on 5/8/2010Food was creative and very good. We had a party of nine and were given a private area that was glass enclosed. It had all the pros of outdoor dining without any of the cons. The service was great. The young woman who took care of us was personable and attentive. Would definitely go back and recommend to ohers.Special Features:
- It was old and smelled musty.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2010It was old and smelled musty. If they took care of the place, it would have been a better experience. Food was fine - salad great, fish too fishy!Special Features:
- The Brick Hotel exceeded ourClaireDined on 4/8/2010The Brick Hotel exceeded our expectations for food and service. The calamari appetizer was tasty, and our tuna entree was prepared to our liking. We'll certainly return!Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful! ForOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2010Absolutely wonderful! For a 21st birthday celebration I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to have a party! The food was wonderful, the people so helpful and friendly! My best friend had a wonderful night and we all have wonderful memories to remember!Special Features:
- We had a very romantic Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2010We had a very romantic Valentine's dinner at the Brick hotel. We were seated on the patio which had a beautiful view, but got a little cold as the winter night went on. Salads were both very fresh and very tasty. Our entree was delicious and was presented beautifully. Service was very good. Overall we had a great time out.Special Features:
- We had not been to The BrickOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010We had not been to The Brick Hotel in a number of years for brunch and so were excited to return with friends for a Valentine's Brunch. The variety and quality of the good was not good. We were informed that we could order eggs and way we would like them, so we ordered eggs benedict. The hollandaise sauce was weak, the canadian bacon was paper thin, and the english muffin was dry. The service was very sparse and we had to request several times for the waiter to remove our plates. Among the desserts was a bread pudding that was so dry that it clearly had not been soaked in enough egg and milk mixture, which caused it to be dry and unappetizing. We will not return to The Brick Hotel again.