12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: 9704790175x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (53)notable wine list (35)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always deliciousLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/25/2014We make a point of coming to Kelly Liken each year. The food is unfailingly delicious with new combinations of flavors. This is truly a restaurant for the discriminating palate. The service is always wonderful, relaxed but attentive. Despite the price, there is no snobbishness here. As I said, we keep coming back. It is worth it to note, that this is one of, if not the, most expensive restaurant in Vail. I think it is worth it for a special night out, but you need to be prepared for its $75 price fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but overpricedAndynyc646VIPDined on 2/24/2014The food was interesting but way over priced. I live in NYC and have paid less for better food. Wine by the glass averaged $25.Special Features:
- I don't quite get how theyxxxxVIPDined on 2/24/2014I don't quite get how they assign tables...the restaurant was never quite full, still they place parties of two like us who had made reservations way in advance on tiny little tables next to the kitchen door while leaving the bigger ones for walk-ins that never showed up. We also did not like the way the menu was set up. I like the idea of prix-fixe menus. But I don't want to be forced to have 2 starters and a main course, and then be offered a desert...I don't eat that much. I'd much rather have the choice of how to configure my 3 course meal between starters, main course and desert. All in all there was a lot of pretense there. Fortunately, there is a quite a choice of excellent restaurants in Vail these days, so we don't have to go back.Special Features:
- Best place Ive eaten at in ColoradoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014As recent immigrants to Denver with a hefty appetites, we've eaten out way too much. Kelly Liken is literally the best place that we have found so far in Denver, Vail, Beaver Creek, Boulder and elsewhere. The cocktails are imaginative and exquisitely executed, the menu is creative without being over the top, the food is prepared as excellently as at the top restaurants we have eaten at in NYC and San Francisco and the service is perfect (they even provide the recipe for one of their best cocktails- A Walk in the Garden). Not cheap but really worth it for special occaisions and friends. We've eaten there about 4 times now and each time its new and different as the menu's change with the seasons. Just great and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wine Pairings made the mealChrisVIPDined on 2/21/2014Usually go to KL a few times a year; this time had the sommelier, Jeremy, pair wine with each course which really made the evening. Each was interesting and unique, starting with the vermouth apertif. Highly recommend going with the wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved it!VeroniqueDined on 2/21/2014My family and I have been coming to Vail for years. That being said, we never seemed to have enough time to fit in a dinner at Kelly Liken's. Finally, we made reservations and all I can say is that as each course arrived, we ate slower and slower to savor the wonderful tastes. Kelly Liken will most definitely be on our list, from now on, as one of the reservations we will make in advance of our trips to Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lamb and elkFoodie2013VIPDined on 2/19/2014The lamb and the elk were AMAZING! I was a little disappointed in some of the other dishes though. Being a foodie in both Washington DC and NYC, I was underwhelmed by 50% of the dishes.Special Features:
- As ever: fabulous! The saucesTanzerDined on 2/18/2014As ever: fabulous! The sauces make each dish unique. The black cod was particularly memorable.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversary dinnerGrahamDined on 2/16/2014We were visiting vail over president's day weekend. We made our reservation about a month in advance. Glad we did. We were tucked away in a romantic corner unfortunately the large table next to us was unusually rowdy--but the staff gladly reseated us. The restaurant overall was quiet and lovely. The cocktails were creative--really enjoyed Bejeweled. prix fix menu. happy to accommodate my gluten free needs. First course: crude and elk carpaccio. Although I enjoyed the crude I had a similar dish at another restaurant that I preferred. The elk very nice/fresh. second courses pasta with mushrooms (very nice) & scallop/pork belly (loved it). Third: lamb & rabbit special stuffed w/pancetta & beet greens-rabbit (incredible) & lamb (very good)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!Buddy25VIPDined on 2/14/2014You leave Kelly Liken having actually tasted your food and not feeling over stuffed. You feel good about what you just ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit the ticketcozumelmomDined on 2/13/2014I was very impressed with all of the staff and the chief made every meal a work of art and oh yea, very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ValuecindyDined on 2/11/2014The fixed price menu of $74.00 per person just didn't warrant the quality of the food. The amount was pretty skimpy too. The server however was fantastic and very knowledgeable. She was the bright spot to a disappointing meal.
- Overrated and underwhelmed.DTF51Dined on 2/11/2014Overrated and underwhelmed. By far, the worst meal, we ate in Vail. Ltd. menu.Special Features:
- unimpressive / waste of moneyJDSalingerDined on 2/10/2014While the food had high points, like the Crudo, and Diver Scallop, most of the menu, as delivered, was unimpressive. The service was sporadically spaced out and unreliable. The two of us spent $250+ and we felt like the experience was unmemorable and essentially a rip-off. Will not return or recommend to peers.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/10/2014The food and service was very good. However, after 2+ hours, we were "encouraged" to leave since they wanted to turn over our table. Our car which had been valeted had even been brought to the entrance of the restaurant. For the prices we paid, we should be able to enjoy our meal and take our time.
- Poor service at Kelly LikenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was good not fantastic. We waited approximately 20 minutes after our plates were cleared between each course. The restaurant was not busy and the food just took forever. We were not the only table to experience this. This was our second time at this restaurant and we will not be going back. There are so many great food choices in Vail, that no one should have to wait between courses like that. The service was just okay, considering we had to wait so long for our food to come. Of the three tables seated near us, we were all waiting for food, with empty glasses in front of us! Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Food, service and overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food, service and overall experience were exceptional. The Sticky bun dessert was to die for. Elk Carpacio and Lamb were absolutely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Kelly Liken Restaurant had very good food. The only problem....the portions were extremely small and extremely overpriced. I personally paid for the 4 people we were out to dinner with that night at the bill was over $400.00; that included 4 dinners, 4 drinks, and no desserts. I got the beff short ribs, there were 3 maybe 4 bites of meat, it was good but extremely unsatisfying. Also, the restaurant is relatively small and very loud. So if you're looking for an intimate evening, Kelly Liken is not the place. I would highly recommend another location for a nice night out. There are waaay better choices. I will add however that the staff was very good an extremely nice. Good LuckSpecial Features:
- Everything wsa awesome justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014Everything wsa awesome just the portions are a little smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkexpectedmoreDined on 2/5/2014Food was ok. The presentation was great, but food was inconsistent and in several plates, taste was simply lacking. For such a well-known (and expensive) dinner, I expected everything to be top notch. For instance, The scallops were cooked perfectly and were the highlight, but the lentil mixture accompanying the dish was a miss. The short rib was unnecessarily fatty, and still somehow lacked taste, however the polenta was really good. The service was great and wine list was good, but I will not be going back.Special Features:
- forgotten at our table4gottenDined on 2/4/2014Small bites from their pri fixe menu were delicious but we were seated and never attended to. Forgotten at Kelly Liken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Better for the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014Very expensive for just marginal food. They have a very good wine list, but once again it is overpriced. We eat out at the best restaurants around the country and have no problem paying top dollar for great food & wine........unfortunately Kelly Liken falls short of being great.Special Features:
- SuperbSSASVIPDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant consistently out performs. Possibly the best in the area. The food is the reason to visit this restaurant. Superb service, very good wine list with a knowledgeable sommelier who can steer you to hidden and less pricey gems (the wine list is expensive especially for those who chase trophy wines). Expect to spend between $150 and more per person including wine and gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2014After reading all of the reviews we really expected to be impressed. Although the menu was creative and had many interesting flavors there wasn't a single dish that resonated as delicious. Each course fell flat and it really was a let down. We've experienced much better and equally as adventurous cuisine at half the price.Special Features:
- Other than that it was good.BobgDined on 1/25/2014I liked everything about it other than the time sitting on the toilet when I got home. I think it was the seared scallops, which were luke warm.Special Features:
- Top 5 in ColoradoRoberson715VIPDined on 1/24/2014Without question, Kelly Liken repeatedly does a fabulous job of producing a culinary experience. I could have made a meal of the "amuse bouche" alone. But it went steadily uphill from there. We also had a fabulous assortment of wines especially picked out for us by the sommelier. The perfect evening.Special Features:
- Best dinner of the last 10 years!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014With 4 people for dinner, eating the 3 course pre fix menu, there were 10 or 11 dishes tasted before dessert. Not one missed. Every one was excellent to ethereal. Add in the amuse, the 2 desserts we split, the petits fours, and the muffins sent home for breakfast. All perfection! The sommelier and his list were a rare treat that took me back 20 years to memories of Victor Taylor at the Quilted Giraffe. All the service was thoughtful and well executed without ever being pretentious or intrusive. And the free valet had our car warm and waiting at the door as we exited. If you are in Vail and prepared to pay for an extraordinary treat, one that stands out against any dining experience in world today, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shame!LilyVIPDined on 1/12/2014We were so anxious to return for the new prix fixe menu (with wine pairings). The 3 courses did not disappoint as the food was delicious, the best we have enjoyed at the restaurant! Too bad the management has no idea as to how to manage a dining experience. Courses were served before previous were finished (in 75 minutes), certainly not the dining experience we expected. Kelly Liken should not be a fast food destination given the quality and price of the food.
- Overwrought food. Great sommelier!AnnaJDined on 1/11/2014The food here reminded me of the old days of La Nouvelle Cuisine without being as good. Everything was just a little too precious. The roasted root vegetable salad seemed to be yesterday's roasted root vege, pulled out of the refrigerator and put on a plate and not very interesting. The cod was at least interesting, served with raw apple and fennel in a miso broth. It was good but not outstanding. The dessert I had included meringues, tiny round pear balls, tangerine ice cream and several other odd ingredients. Some pleasant flavours but too many notes! The saving grace for this dinner was due to the very skilled sommelier who provided pitch perfect wines to go with each dish thus creating interest and enjoyment.Special Features:
- vailkleekiVIPDined on 1/9/2014good spot for foodies in Vail, a bit pricey for what you get. may have been an off night food was a liitle under seasoned and the flavors were off. wine was amazing and presentation was impeccable. will try again too see if just chefs night off.Special Features:
- Though the food is good, thatindiandinerVIPDined on 1/8/2014Though the food is good, that is not what you expect for stratospheric prices, pretentious service, and tiny portions. In one dinner, which carried a $25 supplement because it had truffles, the truffle "shavings" were microscopic, though it did match the size of the steak.
- Disappointing - An off night?NellieSueVIPDined on 1/6/2014Not my first visit but didn't hold up. Noise level was low since it was pretty empty--Monday night post New Year. Food had hits( elk carpaccio and lamb) and misses(( Celery app( and I love celery) and quail /gnocchi) but service was a bit off. Highlight was exchange with Sommelier who was knowledgeable and helpful finding a wine off the pricey list . I live in an expensive town and get ski town pricing but found the 75 price point for three course meal( no dessert) after adding in cocktails, expensive wine and having to order dessert come in over the top. Portion sizes were fine. Don't stray from servers recommendations! Seem to remember a la carte option in the main dining room which to me would be a preferable option
- From the moment we walked in....SenapsDined on 1/5/2014...restaurant Kelly Liken was a top notch experience. Professional and attentive service, excellent food, great wine list. We are in the food & wine industry in NY and were visiting Vail on vacation. It was also our 2nd anniversary and the staff at Kelly Liken made it very special for us. Each dish that we had was very well thought out, well seasoned, and well executed. The front of house was running like clockwork and everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014Always a wonderful experience. Their menu hosts mostly locally sourced offerings and they perform magic with them.Special Features:
- Should Have Saved the Best for LastJhmmanDined on 1/4/2014Our experience at Kelly Liken was fantastic. The service was prompt and the dishes were all incredible (especially my date's trout, and I don't even like fish). Their specialty cocktails that we tried were also very good, so it may be worth stopping by only for drinks. At the end of the meal, we enjoyed their sticky bun dessert, which I highly recommend. I wish we had saved this for the end of our trip so we could enjoy our other meals more. :) Even with the expense, I would certainly visit Kelly Liken again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We went for the second time to Kelly Liken. Great food and a wonderful wine list. Portions were all a manageable size (3 course, fixed price) which is such a change from the approach in many US restaurants where you are loaded up with plates you can't finish. Celery root custard was a star, truffle cauliflower soup (wish they did this in a full size course), scallops to die for, and perfect duck. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and expensivePacoVIPDined on 1/2/2014They offer a very nice fix price menu which has excellent dishes such as the quail and the sea scallops. On the main course, I had the special recommendation (for $20 additional) which was supposed to be the best of the day because it had Italian truffles. In my my opinion , it was not the best selection since I tried the lamb my wife had. Definitely she had the best choice, which I recommend to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't overlookMeatloafVIPDined on 1/1/2014Have eaten here on every single visit to Vail. I have been interested in Kelly Liken since she was on Top Chef. The food is modern and eclectic. Major cities rival the likes of these establishments. Expect a tasting menu with difficult choices. Oddly, my favorite this evening was the amuse bouche - cream of cauliflower soup with truffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2013we have been coming to Vail for 30 years, restaurants are always inconsisten but Kelly Liken always mantains its quality and friendlinessSpecial Features:
- Love Restaurant Kelly LikenRobertGDined on 12/27/2013One word to describe this place---fantastic!! There is a reason that the chef was on Top Chef and Iron Chef!! One of my Vail favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.