12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: 9704790175x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (46)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (11)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food, service and overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food, service and overall experience were exceptional. The Sticky bun dessert was to die for. Elk Carpacio and Lamb were absolutely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Kelly Liken Restaurant had very good food. The only problem....the portions were extremely small and extremely overpriced. I personally paid for the 4 people we were out to dinner with that night at the bill was over $400.00; that included 4 dinners, 4 drinks, and no desserts. I got the beff short ribs, there were 3 maybe 4 bites of meat, it was good but extremely unsatisfying. Also, the restaurant is relatively small and very loud. So if you're looking for an intimate evening, Kelly Liken is not the place. I would highly recommend another location for a nice night out. There are waaay better choices. I will add however that the staff was very good an extremely nice. Good LuckSpecial Features:
- Everything wsa awesome justOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014Everything wsa awesome just the portions are a little smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkexpectedmoreDined on 2/5/2014Food was ok. The presentation was great, but food was inconsistent and in several plates, taste was simply lacking. For such a well-known (and expensive) dinner, I expected everything to be top notch. For instance, The scallops were cooked perfectly and were the highlight, but the lentil mixture accompanying the dish was a miss. The short rib was unnecessarily fatty, and still somehow lacked taste, however the polenta was really good. The service was great and wine list was good, but I will not be going back.Special Features:
- forgotten at our table4gottenDined on 2/4/2014Small bites from their pri fixe menu were delicious but we were seated and never attended to. Forgotten at Kelly Liken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Better for the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014Very expensive for just marginal food. They have a very good wine list, but once again it is overpriced. We eat out at the best restaurants around the country and have no problem paying top dollar for great food & wine........unfortunately Kelly Liken falls short of being great.Special Features:
- SuperbSSASVIPDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant consistently out performs. Possibly the best in the area. The food is the reason to visit this restaurant. Superb service, very good wine list with a knowledgeable sommelier who can steer you to hidden and less pricey gems (the wine list is expensive especially for those who chase trophy wines). Expect to spend between $150 and more per person including wine and gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/30/2014After reading all of the reviews we really expected to be impressed. Although the menu was creative and had many interesting flavors there wasn't a single dish that resonated as delicious. Each course fell flat and it really was a let down. We've experienced much better and equally as adventurous cuisine at half the price.Special Features:
- Other than that it was good.BobgDined on 1/25/2014I liked everything about it other than the time sitting on the toilet when I got home. I think it was the seared scallops, which were luke warm.Special Features:
- Top 5 in ColoradoRoberson715VIPDined on 1/24/2014Without question, Kelly Liken repeatedly does a fabulous job of producing a culinary experience. I could have made a meal of the "amuse bouche" alone. But it went steadily uphill from there. We also had a fabulous assortment of wines especially picked out for us by the sommelier. The perfect evening.Special Features:
- Best dinner of the last 10 years!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014With 4 people for dinner, eating the 3 course pre fix menu, there were 10 or 11 dishes tasted before dessert. Not one missed. Every one was excellent to ethereal. Add in the amuse, the 2 desserts we split, the petits fours, and the muffins sent home for breakfast. All perfection! The sommelier and his list were a rare treat that took me back 20 years to memories of Victor Taylor at the Quilted Giraffe. All the service was thoughtful and well executed without ever being pretentious or intrusive. And the free valet had our car warm and waiting at the door as we exited. If you are in Vail and prepared to pay for an extraordinary treat, one that stands out against any dining experience in world today, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shame!LilyVIPDined on 1/12/2014We were so anxious to return for the new prix fixe menu (with wine pairings). The 3 courses did not disappoint as the food was delicious, the best we have enjoyed at the restaurant! Too bad the management has no idea as to how to manage a dining experience. Courses were served before previous were finished (in 75 minutes), certainly not the dining experience we expected. Kelly Liken should not be a fast food destination given the quality and price of the food.
- Overwrought food. Great sommelier!AnnaJDined on 1/11/2014The food here reminded me of the old days of La Nouvelle Cuisine without being as good. Everything was just a little too precious. The roasted root vegetable salad seemed to be yesterday's roasted root vege, pulled out of the refrigerator and put on a plate and not very interesting. The cod was at least interesting, served with raw apple and fennel in a miso broth. It was good but not outstanding. The dessert I had included meringues, tiny round pear balls, tangerine ice cream and several other odd ingredients. Some pleasant flavours but too many notes! The saving grace for this dinner was due to the very skilled sommelier who provided pitch perfect wines to go with each dish thus creating interest and enjoyment.Special Features:
- vailkleekiVIPDined on 1/9/2014good spot for foodies in Vail, a bit pricey for what you get. may have been an off night food was a liitle under seasoned and the flavors were off. wine was amazing and presentation was impeccable. will try again too see if just chefs night off.Special Features:
- Though the food is good, thatindiandinerVIPDined on 1/8/2014Though the food is good, that is not what you expect for stratospheric prices, pretentious service, and tiny portions. In one dinner, which carried a $25 supplement because it had truffles, the truffle "shavings" were microscopic, though it did match the size of the steak.
- Disappointing - An off night?NellieSueVIPDined on 1/6/2014Not my first visit but didn't hold up. Noise level was low since it was pretty empty--Monday night post New Year. Food had hits( elk carpaccio and lamb) and misses(( Celery app( and I love celery) and quail /gnocchi) but service was a bit off. Highlight was exchange with Sommelier who was knowledgeable and helpful finding a wine off the pricey list . I live in an expensive town and get ski town pricing but found the 75 price point for three course meal( no dessert) after adding in cocktails, expensive wine and having to order dessert come in over the top. Portion sizes were fine. Don't stray from servers recommendations! Seem to remember a la carte option in the main dining room which to me would be a preferable option
- From the moment we walked in....SenapsDined on 1/5/2014...restaurant Kelly Liken was a top notch experience. Professional and attentive service, excellent food, great wine list. We are in the food & wine industry in NY and were visiting Vail on vacation. It was also our 2nd anniversary and the staff at Kelly Liken made it very special for us. Each dish that we had was very well thought out, well seasoned, and well executed. The front of house was running like clockwork and everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/4/2014Always a wonderful experience. Their menu hosts mostly locally sourced offerings and they perform magic with them.Special Features:
- Should Have Saved the Best for LastJhmmanDined on 1/4/2014Our experience at Kelly Liken was fantastic. The service was prompt and the dishes were all incredible (especially my date's trout, and I don't even like fish). Their specialty cocktails that we tried were also very good, so it may be worth stopping by only for drinks. At the end of the meal, we enjoyed their sticky bun dessert, which I highly recommend. I wish we had saved this for the end of our trip so we could enjoy our other meals more. :) Even with the expense, I would certainly visit Kelly Liken again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We went for the second time to Kelly Liken. Great food and a wonderful wine list. Portions were all a manageable size (3 course, fixed price) which is such a change from the approach in many US restaurants where you are loaded up with plates you can't finish. Celery root custard was a star, truffle cauliflower soup (wish they did this in a full size course), scallops to die for, and perfect duck. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and expensivePacoVIPDined on 1/2/2014They offer a very nice fix price menu which has excellent dishes such as the quail and the sea scallops. On the main course, I had the special recommendation (for $20 additional) which was supposed to be the best of the day because it had Italian truffles. In my my opinion , it was not the best selection since I tried the lamb my wife had. Definitely she had the best choice, which I recommend to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't overlookMeatloafVIPDined on 1/1/2014Have eaten here on every single visit to Vail. I have been interested in Kelly Liken since she was on Top Chef. The food is modern and eclectic. Major cities rival the likes of these establishments. Expect a tasting menu with difficult choices. Oddly, my favorite this evening was the amuse bouche - cream of cauliflower soup with truffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2013we have been coming to Vail for 30 years, restaurants are always inconsisten but Kelly Liken always mantains its quality and friendlinessSpecial Features:
- Love Restaurant Kelly LikenRobertGDined on 12/27/2013One word to describe this place---fantastic!! There is a reason that the chef was on Top Chef and Iron Chef!! One of my Vail favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLE DINNG EXPERIENCEKateDined on 12/25/2013Our family of 5 ate @ Restaurant Kelly Liken on Christmas Dinner. It is not an inexpensive meal but worth every penny we spent. We are all still talking about every dish and the very special tastes. It is a mouthwatering experience you will not forget. Service is amazing, as well. Really awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Christmas Eve dinnerKPBaltDined on 12/24/2013Best Christmas Eve dinner ever. Fabulous food, cocktails, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousWoodmomVIPDined on 12/22/2013Been dining here since the restaurant opened and it is always wonderful. Creative and delicious with impeccable service and knowledgeable wait staff. Not to be missed while in Vail. In a town with many fine restaurants Kelly Liken is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal with equallySirdinealotVIPDined on 12/20/2013Outstanding meal with equally good service! This restaurant never disappoints, fine dining at its best! A must when in Vail. Make a reservation well in advance because it can get booked up quickly. Btw it's now sort of a prix-fix pricing and it is pricy be prepared but it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrity overpricedtopchefjudgeDined on 12/15/2013Make sure you eat before coming to this restaurant because the portions are small and will still leave you hungry after you try their pre fixe menu. I dined on the crudo, gnocchi, and lamb. For three small courses it was $75. The crudk tasted like mooshy fruit loops. Gnocchi one of my favorite dishes was mediocre and the best meal. The lamb was cooked perfectly but lacked seasoning. Ive had better lamb at normal steakhouses like eddie vs or ruths chris. I tasted some of my gf short ribs which wee completely nasty with a brown depressing potent sauce. The decorations are like something an old grandma would throw together. The serice was very attentive and we never had to wait long.
- Great for vegansScooterDined on 12/15/2013Always make an outstanding custom menu for vegans. Delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a good deal3 coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/14/2013It was a good deal3 courses for 74.00 Out of 6 things - 3 there outstanding and 2 very good and one poor Wine list is very expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013The service was great and all the food was up to par. However my wife and I were one of three or four tables in the restaurant and we were sat with a perfect view into the kitchen so I spent the whole time being distracted by a goofy guy in the kitchen with a flat bill hat turned up like he was playing 90's beach volleyball. I would've been much happier with more attention payed to where we sat and less on what kind of water we wanted to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceChrisDined on 12/12/2013Great helpful friendly staff. A very great dining expierence one great food after another dont miss yhis dining while in vailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomic ParadiseIrishFoodieDined on 12/4/2013Kelly Liken consistently provides superb cuisine. We try to get there every time we are in Vail valley and have never had a course which wasn't an excellent example of creativity, quality and artistic presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as impressed as I expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013Not as impressed as I expected. We had better meals at the other restaurants in town that were notable. Overpriced and the waiter messed up on several things. Odd considering there was very few diners in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful Local GemMissieAdamDined on 11/29/2013We had an absolutely fabulous dining experience at Kelly Liken. Johnny, our waiter, was exemplary from his energy to his enthusiasm about the menu and detail to service. The food was phenomenal and it shows through taste and presentation that Chef Kelly Liken takes great pride in her work. Let's not forget the cocktail menu, it was very intriguing and the smoked ice cubes in the Colorado Campfire did not disappoint Kelly Liken was our favorite dining experience in Vail and we will certainly be back, truly the best restaurant in Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/29/2013Amazing food. Everything was prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. Works of art on the plate that did not disappoint in the mouth. However, our waiter was a disappointment. Did not engage, did not seem passionate or involved. No explanation of the menu. No real interaction. When you are spending this kind of money, everything should be perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect. Cannot say this to many.JanetDined on 11/24/2013Loved every single gourmet bite as the flavor was perfectly executed. One of the best restaurants in the world and we have been blessed with many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- followed Kelly on Top CheftopchefloverDined on 11/9/2013Head to come to get restaurant while on Colorado. great food. absolutely loved the pear custardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top food from a Top ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2013Had an amazing time for my wife and I's anniversary. They treated us to free champagne and perfect service. The only thing that out shined the service was the food!Special Features: