12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: 9704790175x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (46)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (11)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Very unique and tasty dishes. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special OccasionStewyVIPDined on 6/5/2014It was our 38th Wedding Anniversary and we were in Vail for a special weekend. The staff and food at Kelly Liken was exceptional. They treated us like we were royalty and had a "Happy Anniversary" on the menu. We would go back in a second and plan on visiting them anytime we are in Vail.Special Features:
- Interesting and deliciouswinemanVIPDined on 6/5/2014My wife and had enjoyed dinner last week celebrating our 39th anniversary. We try to dine at the restaurant at least once a year. Their food is always good. But this time it was one of the best meals we eaten anywhere. Along with the food the service was great. It was a quiet Thursday night during shoulder seasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no reservationDianeDined on 6/3/2014We drove from Denver to have dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that we did not have a reservation because they had sold the night out to one party. The "hostess" told us that she had left three messages on my cell. A lie, she had left one which I obviously didn't get. Then some guy comes out and says that the restaurant wasn't open to the public yet after mud season. Well Open Table thought it open and made a reservation and Kelly Liken's website said it was open. We received a reminder from Open Table the day before. I have no intention of ever eating at Kelly Liken. A professional business person would never leave one message and not follow up to make certain that it was receive. I have never been treated so rudely
- Food that has nothing to "say"MikiDined on 5/31/2014Nothing really good,small portions,very expensive. This place is only for " to see and be seen" ,nothing more. Even the names and description of the dishes are made in a way a you don't undersand what it really is and what are you going to get.
- Best Resteraunt I have ever been toSarnoldVIPDined on 5/23/2014Ive been here twice and both times has the food and service blown me away here.Special Features:
- The following 787 reviews are from the Kelly Liken reviews archive.
- Urban Polish in Rustic ColoradowithmyhoneyDined on 5/11/2014We completely enjoyed both our meal and the service. The three-course menu offerings were innovative, complimentary to one another, and proportioned beautifully. Staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine, providing good input on both. No 2-pound steaks (thank goodness). Highly satisfying in all regards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVE!!Agable65Dined on 4/14/2014We like good food, we've traveled all over the world and appreciate the finer things chefs have to offer. I was a professional cook in my first profession. This food at Kelly Liken was quite good, had creative, interesting ingredients - some of it was difficult to identify but just too expensive! Some people like to be able to ID their food. We had limited amounts of wine - the bottles were too expensive for the normal person. (However, it was a nice option to be able to order ½ glass of wine) I had 1.5 glasses of wine, my husband had 2.5 glasses of wine - our bill, including the tip, was $279 for two people and we didn't even have dessert! Just so you know, we could afford it - but we won't return based on the inflated prices. Thank you.Special Features:
- Best Restuarant in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014Kelly Liken was recommended to us as the "best restaurant in Vail". Everything about Kelly Liken was over the top, in a good way. The staff were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a special romantic dinner. Further, even though we dined with them off peak season the experience was not diminished at all, unlike some other restaurants which were understaffed. Of all the fine dining restaurants we visited during our Honeymoon, this one was the most memorable.Special Features:
- The food was perfect...eachAuntieTazVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was perfect...each course was impeccably prepared and had a combination of unusual and interesting flavors of whatever was fresh at the market that day. Our dining experience was wonderful , fun and exceeded our expectations...even though I had dined there before and knew what to expect. We all tried different entrees...the duck and lamb and trout all outstanding... Our out of town guest from Boston was pleasantly surprised and commented that there were no flaws in any course. The desserts ( carmel pudding cake and mint mousse)which we "didn't have room for" were devoured and a perfect ending for a perfect evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainHolmesDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I frequent the Vail Valley often, and Kelly Liken is one of our favorites. Once again, our meals were excellent, very fresh tasting and flavorful.. Service was top notch---- on the money and not obtrusive, from reservation desk to the waitstaff to the valet. Another wonderful evening for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Restaurant was mostly empty on a Saturday night in peak ski season - we should have taken this as a bad omen. Lamb was tough, main courses served luke warm and vegetables stone cold.
- A must stop if visiting Vail!LashermanVIPDined on 3/19/2014We loved the food at this place and the service was outstanding. We all had the beet salad to start and really enjoyed it. For the second course had homemade garganelli pasta with mushrooms and scallops with pork belly, both were terrific. The entrees we had were the lamb, strip steak & trout. All were fabulous! For dessert we enjoyed the chocolate mousse with mint & found it refreshing. We can't wait to return, that's how good the food is.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!pirlawDined on 3/18/2014We have visited Vail each March for many years and have wanted to dine at Kelly Liken since it first opened to rave reviews a few years ago. Planning our trip for this year, we made reservations to do so several weeks in advance. Checking Trip Advisor prior to our departure revealed a few negative comments that almost caused us to change our plans. Had this restaurant gone sour? Well, nothing could be further from the truth. From the moment we arrived we received the highest caliber service that we have experienced in some time. The wait staff advice, service and explanation of the menu that evening was superb. The food was wonderful, perhaps the best overall experience we have ever had in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food - A MUST Vail VisitBuffaloLaurenVIPDined on 3/17/2014I booked the reservation after reading everyones reviews, and we knew the meal would be great. Actually it was AMAZING!! My husband and I eat paleo. We received a call 1 day before and was asked if there were any food allergies, they were very accommodating! The chef created the most impressive array of delicious foods including a wonder dessert. The scallop and pork belly should not be missed! You can't make a bad choice on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodVailerDined on 3/14/2014Small and quaint with outstanding food and wine! What more could one want? Guaranteed to have a very special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never meets expectationsChuckZVIPDined on 3/9/2014I always feel like I should enjoy this restaurant more than I do, given its reputation. It is necessary to eat a prix fixe meal here, and the night I was there the only second course I wanted to eat was no longer available. Overall, the food was good, but that was the only thing I really liked about the restaurant. It was so hot I had to start taking off clothes as soon as I sat down. The wine list lacks interest, if you are not a billionaire, and I had a hard time finding a white I wanted to drink for $80. The restaurant was very loud from the outset, which I don't expect at this price level, and the four party animals who were seated next to us were so loud we had to go to the bar for our coffee. A disappointment.
- My favorite Vail restaurantHappyguyVIPDined on 3/9/2014The food is fabulous and all of the servers are a true joy. Amazing and fun place to dine! Can't say enough good thins about everything from our cocktails, multi course dinner and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful presentation ofArtguyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful presentation of outstanding food. Always a treat when at VailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DianapVIPDined on 3/4/2014Loved loved loved this dining experience, from the minute we walked in the door until we left after our meal. Everything and everyone top notch. Well worth the big bucks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBuffaloGroveDinerVIPDined on 3/1/2014Although this restaurant is pricey, it absolutely has the best service of any restaurant I have ever been to. Food is delicious and beautiful. Portions are small, but we were still full after the three courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelly Liken was superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2014The food was delicious with beautiful presentation, the service was impeccable, the wine was excellent. If you're going to be in, or near, Vail, and want a fine dining experience, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vail RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/26/2014Our meals and experience at Kelly Liken just get better and better. One of the very best restaurants in the Vail Valley!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKw99Dined on 2/26/2014We felt rushed though the restaurant wasn't even half full and we had arrived at 6:00 as this was the only available slot on Opentable or 8pm. The courses came fast and furiously. Which is how I can see the food wasn't cooked correctly. The starter I had was actually very well executed, it was a sashimi dish. However, I was promised a jalapeño flavour which I felt was missing. The other dishes, my pork belly was dry and the lamb undercooked. My husband had the quail and trout for his subsequent courses and they too were over cooked. I wondered if the chef, Kelly, was in the kitchen as this was not was one would have expected of such a well respected cook. The one redeeming aspect of the evening was the manager who apologised profusely.
- Always deliciousLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/25/2014We make a point of coming to Kelly Liken each year. The food is unfailingly delicious with new combinations of flavors. This is truly a restaurant for the discriminating palate. The service is always wonderful, relaxed but attentive. Despite the price, there is no snobbishness here. As I said, we keep coming back. It is worth it to note, that this is one of, if not the, most expensive restaurant in Vail. I think it is worth it for a special night out, but you need to be prepared for its $75 price fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but overpricedAndynyc646VIPDined on 2/24/2014The food was interesting but way over priced. I live in NYC and have paid less for better food. Wine by the glass averaged $25.Special Features:
- I don't quite get how theyxxxxVIPDined on 2/24/2014I don't quite get how they assign tables...the restaurant was never quite full, still they place parties of two like us who had made reservations way in advance on tiny little tables next to the kitchen door while leaving the bigger ones for walk-ins that never showed up. We also did not like the way the menu was set up. I like the idea of prix-fixe menus. But I don't want to be forced to have 2 starters and a main course, and then be offered a desert...I don't eat that much. I'd much rather have the choice of how to configure my 3 course meal between starters, main course and desert. All in all there was a lot of pretense there. Fortunately, there is a quite a choice of excellent restaurants in Vail these days, so we don't have to go back.Special Features:
- Best place Ive eaten at in ColoradoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014As recent immigrants to Denver with a hefty appetites, we've eaten out way too much. Kelly Liken is literally the best place that we have found so far in Denver, Vail, Beaver Creek, Boulder and elsewhere. The cocktails are imaginative and exquisitely executed, the menu is creative without being over the top, the food is prepared as excellently as at the top restaurants we have eaten at in NYC and San Francisco and the service is perfect (they even provide the recipe for one of their best cocktails- A Walk in the Garden). Not cheap but really worth it for special occaisions and friends. We've eaten there about 4 times now and each time its new and different as the menu's change with the seasons. Just great and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wine Pairings made the mealChrisVIPDined on 2/21/2014Usually go to KL a few times a year; this time had the sommelier, Jeremy, pair wine with each course which really made the evening. Each was interesting and unique, starting with the vermouth apertif. Highly recommend going with the wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved it!VeroniqueDined on 2/21/2014My family and I have been coming to Vail for years. That being said, we never seemed to have enough time to fit in a dinner at Kelly Liken's. Finally, we made reservations and all I can say is that as each course arrived, we ate slower and slower to savor the wonderful tastes. Kelly Liken will most definitely be on our list, from now on, as one of the reservations we will make in advance of our trips to Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lamb and elkFoodie2013Dined on 2/19/2014The lamb and the elk were AMAZING! I was a little disappointed in some of the other dishes though. Being a foodie in both Washington DC and NYC, I was underwhelmed by 50% of the dishes.Special Features:
- As ever: fabulous! The saucesTanzerDined on 2/18/2014As ever: fabulous! The sauces make each dish unique. The black cod was particularly memorable.Special Features:
- Romantic anniversary dinnerGrahamDined on 2/16/2014We were visiting vail over president's day weekend. We made our reservation about a month in advance. Glad we did. We were tucked away in a romantic corner unfortunately the large table next to us was unusually rowdy--but the staff gladly reseated us. The restaurant overall was quiet and lovely. The cocktails were creative--really enjoyed Bejeweled. prix fix menu. happy to accommodate my gluten free needs. First course: crude and elk carpaccio. Although I enjoyed the crude I had a similar dish at another restaurant that I preferred. The elk very nice/fresh. second courses pasta with mushrooms (very nice) & scallop/pork belly (loved it). Third: lamb & rabbit special stuffed w/pancetta & beet greens-rabbit (incredible) & lamb (very good)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!Buddy25VIPDined on 2/14/2014You leave Kelly Liken having actually tasted your food and not feeling over stuffed. You feel good about what you just ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit the ticketcozumelmomDined on 2/13/2014I was very impressed with all of the staff and the chief made every meal a work of art and oh yea, very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs. ValuecindyDined on 2/11/2014The fixed price menu of $74.00 per person just didn't warrant the quality of the food. The amount was pretty skimpy too. The server however was fantastic and very knowledgeable. She was the bright spot to a disappointing meal.
- Overrated and underwhelmed.DTF51Dined on 2/11/2014Overrated and underwhelmed. By far, the worst meal, we ate in Vail. Ltd. menu.Special Features:
- unimpressive / waste of moneyJDSalingerDined on 2/10/2014While the food had high points, like the Crudo, and Diver Scallop, most of the menu, as delivered, was unimpressive. The service was sporadically spaced out and unreliable. The two of us spent $250+ and we felt like the experience was unmemorable and essentially a rip-off. Will not return or recommend to peers.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/10/2014The food and service was very good. However, after 2+ hours, we were "encouraged" to leave since they wanted to turn over our table. Our car which had been valeted had even been brought to the entrance of the restaurant. For the prices we paid, we should be able to enjoy our meal and take our time.
- Poor service at Kelly LikenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was good not fantastic. We waited approximately 20 minutes after our plates were cleared between each course. The restaurant was not busy and the food just took forever. We were not the only table to experience this. This was our second time at this restaurant and we will not be going back. There are so many great food choices in Vail, that no one should have to wait between courses like that. The service was just okay, considering we had to wait so long for our food to come. Of the three tables seated near us, we were all waiting for food, with empty glasses in front of us! Very disappointing.Special Features: