Fish Bones American Grill
70 Lincoln St.
Lewiston, ME 04240Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fish Bones American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishbonesag.com/
- Phone: 207-333-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday 11:30am - 9:30, Saturday: Dinner only 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Paul F. Landry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that can accommodate up to 22 people. We do open on off times for larger private functions as well.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Landry 207-333-3663
A word from Fish Bones American Grill
Fish Bones American Grill is located in the renovated Bates Mill Complex of Lewiston, Maine. Opened in 2005, we offer a full menu from the land and sea. Please join us for dinner, or to enjoy a pleasant evening in our comfortable Bar area. We hope to make your visit to downtown Lewiston/Auburn a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Fish Bones American Grill - Best Restaurants in Lewiston, ME ›
Fish Bones American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (43)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (17)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- What's in a namelocalDined on 11/4/2013Despite it's unappealing name (reminiscent of choking, trash, etc), Fishbones is a lovely space. The restaurant's interior is inviting, aesthetically pleasing and very relaxing. The food is good but tends to be over-reaching -- why not just a plain filet? Why instead a filet with a highly-contrived sauce (Amber bacon jam?). I go there primarily for the setting understanding that the food will be pretty good but never quite what I want.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeKraeDined on 10/31/2013If friends or relatives are coming to town, special occasion or just looking for a gourmet meal the first thought that pops into our minds is....Fishbones. My husband and I frequent this establishment at least 3 times or more a month. I can honestly say sense the inception this place has rocked and we have never had a complaint about our meal..it is always consistently awesome. I would highly recommend this restaurant - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuTravelerDined on 10/26/2013We have been here many times and loved their new menu. Many more choices available and all were very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was lovely, theCelBelleDined on 10/15/2013Everything was lovely, the meal taste and presentation were divine. Very accomodating at the time of reservation. Hospitable service.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious....diner2345Dined on 10/10/2013What is not to enjoy? Fishbones is a gem here in the Lewiston/Auburn community. You can always find something new and exciting, whether it be one of the specials of the night or the menu that seems to change with the change in season. Service is always friendly, top notch and the restaurant is a wonderful example of how old spaces can be converted into a cozy gathering place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great mealAshcoftDined on 10/5/2013We go to Fishbones for special occaisions, such as birthdays and our anniversary. We love the old mill feel and the ambiance. The food is delicious, but we also like the presentation of the food. It makes us feel as if the chef has taken pride in his/her work. It is like a piece of art! We have always had great service, but this last visit, our waitress was not very attentive or interactive. We felt as if she did not want to be working on a Saturday evening, and would rather be somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionRJAEDined on 10/3/2013Absolutely delicious! Looking forward to my next reservation already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewfarmerbarrieDined on 9/26/2013My husband was disappointed, but I loved it. He prefers more simple fare whereas the unusual dishes were right up my alley. I had the duck with pomegranate sauce and the special sweet potato side. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Everything But Speedy ServiceSillyPuttyDined on 9/21/2013Fish Bones has everything -- an attractive restored mill location with exposed beams and brick walls, a hip bar scene, and very good food. The con -- very bad service -- slower than slow can be. Lovely wait staff, so don't take it out on them. It's the inadequate kitchen staff (and the management) that's to blame. So if you go for dinner, be prepared -- take a newspaper or your smart phone. You'll need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary nightFlagDined on 9/18/2013Our waiter said to order the tuna meal it was the best meal on the menu. He was dead on my wife loved the whole dish and I also try her tuna - it was awesome. I had the salmon which was good but not great like the tuna. The Lemon drop and Long Island ice tea were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local treasurewjp0VIPDined on 9/14/2013Fishbones is a great addition to the L-A community but can stand among the good restaurants in any community. Menu also marked for veggies and gluten avoiders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish for those who love to eat fishDaMooseDined on 9/13/2013I usually won't order fish from a restaurant because it isn't prepared correctly, or tastes spoiled. Fish Bones is the exception to that rule. They know how to correctly prepare fish and which food choices compliment fish as side dishes. The fish tastes fresh and wasn't covered in sauces and spices to a point that destroyed the flavor. The atmosphere is quiet and the service was very good. I would recommend to friends and family and I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overalldoonerDined on 9/6/2013for starters a dry martini came with lots of vermouth, asingle malt scotch ordered with 1 cube of ice came with tons of ice (not good for a good single malt) all were returned. no one lite the table candle table bread goodies came with dinner, wait between appitizer and entre was too long. server was ok he got 19% . my max for a so so meal , entre seletion as too small most all seafood not much pasta. would go back we enjoy the setting and food prep good we have been ther several times this was a little disapointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentCynthiaDined on 9/6/2013When we think about dining out, Fishbones is usually our first thought. The food is consistently excellent - and this consistency is something we look for in a restaurant. Attention is paid to all the little things including the delicious variety of breads offered in the ample breadbasket with dinner. Salads are wonderful, food is prepared in a thoughtful way. If you haven't tried this restaurant yet, put it at the top of your "to visit" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mill SettingBachforelleDined on 8/30/2013but the service was curt, barely forced friendly by our waitress. We had to request a second round of bread. The filet mignon was exceptional, and although the salmon was nothing special, its pesto bean garnish was delicious. Boring cheesecake, very good creme brulee. This is not an inexpensive restaurant at $50 per person including tip. We won't be going back, despite the tastefully renovated old mill setting. I guess I'm not alone, since Fish Bones was by no means full on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Good Friends, great foodPanctilDined on 8/24/2013Great place to meet with friends and enjoy local flavors. Always have great specials with Maine lobster and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a moderate priceSusieG317Dined on 8/10/2013Great food at a moderate price in a friendly casual environment. Our seafood selections were superb. We had excellent oysters on the half shell, and two seafood dishes. The grilled haddock was perfectly cooked and the seafood provencale was the best we ever had. Service was well timed; we neither had to wait long between courses nor were we rushed. A gem in Lewiston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great night...dinalotDined on 8/9/2013The food and service were fine. Nothing fantastic but what you would expect. The place is very noisy. Hard to have a nice conversation.
- We arrived on time for ourGoodstuffDined on 8/3/2013We arrived on time for our 7:30pm reservation and the restaurant was empty. We have been here before so I was surprised. Even though it was not busy it took over 10 minutes before our waiter came over to take our drink order. When we placed our dinner order we were told they were out of the mussels appetizer, which of course was what we were looking forward to. So my wife got the "last" fish special (remember this is 7:30 on a Saturday night and they are running out of food and they were not busy!). So needless to say we will not be running back to Fish Bones anytime soon.
- Great food, interesting locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013The food was great. I had the tuna sashimi. The wasabi was paste; however, and would have been better as a sauce. The location in a converted factory building was interesting, but the effect was somewhat dampened by the suburban interior decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2013Fish Bone was a real pleasure. The waitress was extremely nice and helpful, the restaurant attractive and comfortable, the food excellent. We will certainly return when we visit Maine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!LisaVIPDined on 7/19/2013This restaurant is amazing! Love coming here. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALMOST GREAT!SSCOXDined on 7/18/2013On the whole we enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent and the price reasonable. Part of the menu offered small meals, which women really appreciate. We would much rather have small but exquisitely prepared meals than a lot of food. One criticism. We had a speaker right over our table and it was too loud. I asked the waiter if it could be turned down and he actually turned it off. This was fine until a noisy party arrived at the next table. Because there was no rug on the floor and no other soft surfaces to absorb sound, it was a bit unpleasant. I would give the restaurant a higher mark if the ambiance of the room equaled the quality of the food. I don't recall a white tablecloth, which would also help the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!FoodieDined on 7/16/2013Fish Bones is awesome. The decor is amazing. Built inside a refurbished textile mill, care was taken to incorporate the beautiful character of the building. The food was delicous and the staff was friendly and courteous. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO "BONES" ABOUT IT...SacMbcVIPDined on 7/1/2013Fishbones is, without a doubt, one of the best restaurants in L/A! We were a party of 3 and we all enjoyed our dinner...from the appetizers to the dessert...everything was spot on. Kate & Paul do such a wonderful job of switching up the menu, offering some amazing specials, and training their wait staff to be knowledgeable about the menu and to be just attentive enough to offer a very pleasurable dining experience. We will go back and back and back!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRobinsonDined on 6/22/2013Great food, fresh ingredients, well presented. Service was excellent! Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Pleasant AtmosphereMeghanDined on 6/8/2013My husband and I ate at Fishbones 1 year ago on the day we were married and returned there Saturday night to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The food was amazing, just like last year and our waitress was very pleasant. We did not have a long wait for the food and she checked in on us often. We had the lemon chicken/veggie risotto, very yummy - the tuna sashimi my husband LOVED and the lobster and brie popovers, flaky and delicious as well as a caramel sea salt chocolate mousse torte that was fabulous. Will definitely return to Fishbones!Special Features:
- Food ALWAYS Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013This is my most favorite place to eat in L/A....service is great and food is delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!!!fancy4meDined on 6/1/2013We took our daughter and her husband out for her birthday! She had been wanting to try Fish Bone. We where not dissatisfied , the food was amazing, service was terrific, relaxing and inviting. Loved being able to book reservation on line also.What a gem for the city of Lewiston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantJannyanddaveDined on 5/29/2013We come here frequently. This was a friendly business and personal meeting. Just the perfect spot. The tables are set up perfect so you can't hear what other people are saying and this is very important. We always bring family and friends when they are in town.Special Features:
- Intimate time with an old friendMerlinDined on 5/16/2013My wife and I dined here a couple of nights ago. We got reacquainted with a friend we haven't seen in over a year. Over good food, a nice glass of wine, we were able to connect and could hear each other without having to lean in. The calamari salad was wonderful and the swordfish special was delicious though the fist was a tad dry, but the presentation, served over gnocchi and spinach was wonderful. A shared slice of a chocolate torte topped off a great meal. Oh, and the waitress was really a perfect balance of being there and not there.Special Features:
- Biz lunchesJohnDined on 5/15/2013I use Fishbones for business lunches routinely and love it. Imaginative and very well done food in a resored mill setting- very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceCormDined on 5/13/2013The food was tremendous, especially the Seafood Provencial. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. We're glad we went there for our 35th Wedding Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third TimeTravelerDined on 5/10/2013We were looking forward to our dinner - the third one in as many months. But the waitress brought the wrong dinner for my husband and although she offered to exchange it, we had to keep an eye on the clock as we had theater tickets. So that was a disappointment this time. And the special she brought cost $10 more than his original order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rendezvous RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2013Met my gorgeous lady at Fish Bones on a weeknight around 7pm. We were greeted with big enthusiastic smiles, seated right away, and received some of the best service I can recall at any restaurant in quite some time. The Bordeaux wine was great. The food was excellent and the entire time was absolutely wonderful. The prices were moderate and we will absolutely return. Such a great experience - and It may have helped too that my date was the most beautiful woman I've ever known :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!joonthegoDined on 5/6/2013Friendliest staff ever! made us feel welcome and comfortable. Light-hearted "fun" waitstaff, willing to joke around, but still very efficient and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out with friendsRainbowgirlDined on 5/4/2013Great food, not enough tables, hard to get a reservation in the middle of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2013Waitress was outstanding! A fair selection of Gluten free dishes and the background music is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fishbones - completely satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Group of 5 close friends. The menu choices were broad. Each person choose a different entree. All were rated excellent. Special house Cocktails were available. Again the ones chosen by our party were all considered very good to excellent. Wine list was extensive but a bit pricy for the non expert.Special Features:
- If you want excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013If you want excellent food, wine, and good service this is the place to go.Special Features: