206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: 9784645775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (77)fit for foodies (63)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014I usually give Sonoma a rating of 5, but on this night the staff was overwhelmed. Every table was filled all night and the service was not up to par. We dine at Sonoma several times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Student of SonomaSarahDined on 2/14/2014The service at Sonoma is unmatched – astutely attentive servers endlessly crumb tablecloths. The wine list is superb – we indulged in an Elk Cove Pinot Noir that drank like velvety glasses of dark cherries and peppered earth. The dishes are inventive – of note was my Cajun Scallop and Sweet Corn Crème Brûlée appetizer. Sonoma draws an older crowd, but maintains an edgy vibe from its artistically textured walls to its comfortably candlelit ambience. On Friday, sizzling skillets of escargot whizzed by us in every direction, my Ahi Tuna entrée was exceptionally fresh, and the Grand Marnier soaked strawberries on our cheesecake were too decadent for words. My single curiosity was that all of the specials were served up with the same four sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Usually get here once or twice a year. Only downside is it is a bit pricey. But the food is excellent as is the service.Special Features:
- Fantastic findNew2hereDined on 2/13/2014We just learned of this amazing restaurant. The food was fantastic! Wine list was fantastic. Highly recommend dining here. It is pricey but worth gong to as a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014My wife and I have eaten at Sonoma numerous times over many years, and we have yet to be served anything but superb meals. They remain our singular choice for that special night out in North Central Massachusetts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overall diningiragDined on 2/12/2014Being on a low-carb diet, our advance reservation, three weeks ahead of time, allowed the chefs to have special menu choices that I could indulge in. They are very accommodating and have a good understanding of what it takes to make food tasty while meeting special needs. My companion's fondness/addiction to dark chocolate was satisfied by several dessert choices. The rack of lamb was excellent, cooked to the right degree and exceptionally flavorful (Colorado supplier). My veal chop was satisfyingly ample and its flavor was not masked by the flavors of the preparation. The sides, typically vegetables, are visually appealing and unique, in selection, preparation and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceNicebdayDined on 1/25/2014Initial greeting and service were friendly and professional without being stuffy. Food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go ...SteveDined on 1/22/2014Food was excellently presented. Flavors were terrific. Wait staff did an excellent job in presenting the specials for the evening … all without having to refer to a written description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST!Charger13Dined on 1/21/2014As befitting a birthday night out for my future spouse, this was a great place to dine. The weather caused the limo service to bail out at the last minute, but the service, the food and the mood was perfect. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious - Lovely MealHannah1787Dined on 1/18/2014Our waitress clearly loved the food, which was awesome. She made some great recommendations (the bluberry-acai martini was a delicious as advertised). We got a lovely little amuse-bouche, and delicious bread with three great spreads. We both got the special appetizers; great salad and wonderful fois gras tartlets. Colorado lamb chops are awesome! And we were so full, we had to take dessert home with us. Was definitely expensive but a real treat with excellent service and nice guitar music played live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedmasssoccerdadDined on 1/18/2014Close to perfect. Interesting flavors, freshest ingredients, cooked to perfection. Service was excellent, friendly, informative. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.IBChowinVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was my 4th visit in the past year. The food, service and overall experience is excellent. I no longer feel the need to save this place for a special occasion. (I can spoil myself whenever I'm in the mood.) Not cheap but worth every dime. Probably the best restaurant in Central Mass.Special Features:
- great night out for our 39thbillDined on 1/11/2014great night out for our 39th anniversay, we go here every year for our anniversary and are never disappointed, looking forward to our 4othSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectioncarolyn618Dined on 1/10/2014This was the first time dining at the Sonoma. We found every part of the fine dining experience to be perfect. I look forward to my next visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always an outstanding mealHarvestVIPDined on 1/9/2014As always an outstanding meal for the birthday celebration.Special Features:
- wonderfulMarshaVIPDined on 1/7/2014The food was wonderful, creative, tasty, different from the "norm." The ambiance was quite pleasant, except that my table was situated beneath a light that had me feeling i was undergoing a police interrogation. The service was extremely slow . . . for my party. Other diners, however, seemed to be moving through their meals apace--and it was interesting to watch people come and go as we sat slowly waiting for service.Special Features:
- Very nice… will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Very nice… will definitely make another reservation to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSpecialDined on 12/31/2013One of our favorite spots. Have been enjoying this resturant on New Year's Eve and special occasions for years. Thank you again for a wonderful evening. Happy New Year.Special Features:
- New Year's Evemike5269Dined on 12/31/2013Annual tradition for New Year's Eve. Always outstanding meal and service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years DiningMotorbikemark6428Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and me had a wonderful meal (as usual) at Sonoma. Wife had lobster bisque appetizer which we both thought was one of the best we have ever had. Broth was just perfect-not too creamy-just right blend of sweet lobster flavor and light cream consistency. Wife had a huge prime rib which was super tender and nicely flavored. I had tuna which was perfectly cooked-seared rare but not cold. Martini's were perfectly blended too! Service was great. If our server was not immediately available (I am kind of impatient!) others were happy to fill in on any request. None of that "I'll let YOUR server know" response which is very appreciated. We have been going to Sonoma for years and they have always been consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!JsprinDined on 12/31/2013I love everything about this place. We had a reservation New Years Eve and brought another couple with us that are new to the Sonoma and they were excited to try it. We really had a great meal, start to finish. The banana dessert was amazing!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with my wifeHotRodDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I go out to eat, just the two of us, infrequently. With our schedules and those of our kids, there just never seems to be time or money to do so. The food at Sonoma was very good, as was the service. We never felt rushed, yet the server was always there when needed. Our meal was everything we expected and would have had to otherwise travel to Boston to get; yet Sonoma is right around the corner from where we live. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!MarfDined on 12/27/2013I have only been to Sonoma for dinner but e ach time I have been to this terrific restaurant, the food has been outstanding and creative and the service superb. The ambience is a delight and the noise level is low so you can actually have a conversation with your table mates without having to yell. They have been amazingly creative with my long list of food allergies and I am never made to feel "different" than anyone else; there are always hors d'oeuvres and breads I can eat without problem and I am able to "dip" bread in olive oil just like everyone else - what wonderful sensitivity and consideration! I cannot say enough good about Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatbricepsDined on 12/21/2013I have had the good fortune to dine at Sonoma's a number of times, and can say I have always been more than pleased with the entire experience! Food, service, ambience... all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a GEM !AbbydogDined on 12/21/2013my husband took me here on Dec 21st for my birthday as we saw it advertised on Chronicle! The food was AMAZING - in taste and preparation - a feast for the taste buds....and to top it all off, we bought one of the original oil paintings that are displayed on the walls - it was a birthday to remember - one of my favorite for sure!!Special Features:
- Regional StarWhitneyDined on 12/20/2013Quite an elegant restaurant in a beautiful area of Massachusetts; every bit as good as Boston with reasonable prices for both food and drinks.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Sonoma quickly became one of my all-time favorite restaurants. The food is consistently outstanding and the atmosphere is inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, but too proud?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013This restaurant advertises their pride in their cuisine, and what we had was very good. Some of the innovative parts worked better than others. For example, I had a seafood appetizer with a corn based "creme brulee", and it was too sweet for my taste. My wife had lobster bisque with vanilla oil, and the vanilla was also a bit of a strong surprise. Our waitress/server left us with the feeling she was a little too proud of the restaurant, that a tour of their menu was a tour of an art museum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysCharlotte7753VIPDined on 12/7/2013SONOMA is such a GEM!!! The food is beyond fabulous, the wine list is wonderful. This a true mature fine dining establishment, one to enjoy leisurely when possible. Easy to converse over the dinning table without having to elevate the volume of your voice. Treat yourself... dine at Sonoma!Special Features:
- On the way to WorcesterOyters4meDined on 12/7/2013We were a party of 4 on our way to see the Messiah in Worcester . We told our server, Angela, of our time constraint and she bent over backwards to make certain we were on time. Cocktails were perfect. Our appetizers and dinners were interesting, beautifully cooked and delicious. We did not have time for dessert but next time we will leave more time. And there will certainly be a next time.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodTandJDined on 12/6/2013Both my wife and I loved the food and the service and plan on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Central MassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013Great ambience, fresh expertly prepared food, high quality staff, white linen tablecloths....class actSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UPSCALE IN THE WOODSHighendrestaurantloverDined on 11/30/2013Sonoma is consistently excellent in all phases of the dining experience. Attention is paid to the smallest detail. The menu is varied enough to appeal to all. The only caveat...upscale means not cheap, and many will have to keep this as a "special occasion" spot. But if you can handle spending a little extra, it will be a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It GetsArthurDined on 11/30/2013Having read a write up and watched a TV story on Sonoma I was very impressed with the menu. However once we arrived I was even more pleased with the ambience as a musician played Classical guitar while we ate. The staff was very nice and our waitress was both informative and entertaining with her soft style. The food was excellent. I would recommend this to anyone who wants great food and an enjoyable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outJoanDined on 11/29/2013Was a great date night for my wife and I. After the rush of Thanksgiving, it was nice to get out and relax. Food was PERFECT, but that was only dimmed by the OUTSTANDING service. David was wonderful. No rushing us out. Was a great evening. Thanks so much for everything.Special Features:
- appetizer & entree great; desert okArtWDined on 11/23/2013Music was especially nice. Appetizer: foie gras entree: Korean short ribs desert: apple pastrySpecial Features:
- Excellence in Central MassFred52Dined on 11/9/2013Had a great experience at Sonoma. Food and service were excellent and prices were reasonable for what you got. Even had a visit from the chef which was a treat. We had been to the CIA the week before, we told him this experience was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissapointRBK1Dined on 11/9/2013Special occassion with my wife's birthday. Everything was pretty much perfect from the table to atmosphere to service to the meal. Been looking to try Sonoma for some time given the lack of quality restaurants in the Central MA area. This one goes right to the top!Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencePriscilla582Dined on 11/9/2013My husband and I have enjoyed dinners at Sonoma once in awhile, for special celebrations, over time. We have never been disappointed in the quality of food and the attentive service. We also appreciated that even though seated near a table of 10, the noise level never interfered with our ability to converse. Our excellent main courses were the Korean beef and the Scallop/shrimp cornucopia. An array of seasonal vegetables encircled each entrée attractively on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013This was our first visit to Sonoma after hearing about it for years. It was our anniversary so we wanted someplace special. Well now we know what everyone was talking about! The attention to detail in every aspect of the meal and overall dining experience was incredible. From the pumpkin bisque baked in a gourd to the extravagant sides that accompanied our main entrees we were complete satisfied and will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.