206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: 9784645775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (103)romantic (83)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (14)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very nice… will definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Very nice… will definitely make another reservation to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSpecialDined on 12/31/2013One of our favorite spots. Have been enjoying this resturant on New Year's Eve and special occasions for years. Thank you again for a wonderful evening. Happy New Year.Special Features:
- New Year's Evemike5269Dined on 12/31/2013Annual tradition for New Year's Eve. Always outstanding meal and service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years DiningMotorbikemark6428Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and me had a wonderful meal (as usual) at Sonoma. Wife had lobster bisque appetizer which we both thought was one of the best we have ever had. Broth was just perfect-not too creamy-just right blend of sweet lobster flavor and light cream consistency. Wife had a huge prime rib which was super tender and nicely flavored. I had tuna which was perfectly cooked-seared rare but not cold. Martini's were perfectly blended too! Service was great. If our server was not immediately available (I am kind of impatient!) others were happy to fill in on any request. None of that "I'll let YOUR server know" response which is very appreciated. We have been going to Sonoma for years and they have always been consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!!JsprinDined on 12/31/2013I love everything about this place. We had a reservation New Years Eve and brought another couple with us that are new to the Sonoma and they were excited to try it. We really had a great meal, start to finish. The banana dessert was amazing!! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with my wifeHotRodDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I go out to eat, just the two of us, infrequently. With our schedules and those of our kids, there just never seems to be time or money to do so. The food at Sonoma was very good, as was the service. We never felt rushed, yet the server was always there when needed. Our meal was everything we expected and would have had to otherwise travel to Boston to get; yet Sonoma is right around the corner from where we live. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!MarfDined on 12/27/2013I have only been to Sonoma for dinner but e ach time I have been to this terrific restaurant, the food has been outstanding and creative and the service superb. The ambience is a delight and the noise level is low so you can actually have a conversation with your table mates without having to yell. They have been amazingly creative with my long list of food allergies and I am never made to feel "different" than anyone else; there are always hors d'oeuvres and breads I can eat without problem and I am able to "dip" bread in olive oil just like everyone else - what wonderful sensitivity and consideration! I cannot say enough good about Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatbricepsDined on 12/21/2013I have had the good fortune to dine at Sonoma's a number of times, and can say I have always been more than pleased with the entire experience! Food, service, ambience... all top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a GEM !AbbydogDined on 12/21/2013my husband took me here on Dec 21st for my birthday as we saw it advertised on Chronicle! The food was AMAZING - in taste and preparation - a feast for the taste buds....and to top it all off, we bought one of the original oil paintings that are displayed on the walls - it was a birthday to remember - one of my favorite for sure!!Special Features:
- Regional StarWhitneyDined on 12/20/2013Quite an elegant restaurant in a beautiful area of Massachusetts; every bit as good as Boston with reasonable prices for both food and drinks.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Sonoma quickly became one of my all-time favorite restaurants. The food is consistently outstanding and the atmosphere is inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, but too proud?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013This restaurant advertises their pride in their cuisine, and what we had was very good. Some of the innovative parts worked better than others. For example, I had a seafood appetizer with a corn based "creme brulee", and it was too sweet for my taste. My wife had lobster bisque with vanilla oil, and the vanilla was also a bit of a strong surprise. Our waitress/server left us with the feeling she was a little too proud of the restaurant, that a tour of their menu was a tour of an art museum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysCharlotte7753VIPDined on 12/7/2013SONOMA is such a GEM!!! The food is beyond fabulous, the wine list is wonderful. This a true mature fine dining establishment, one to enjoy leisurely when possible. Easy to converse over the dinning table without having to elevate the volume of your voice. Treat yourself... dine at Sonoma!Special Features:
- On the way to WorcesterOyters4meDined on 12/7/2013We were a party of 4 on our way to see the Messiah in Worcester . We told our server, Angela, of our time constraint and she bent over backwards to make certain we were on time. Cocktails were perfect. Our appetizers and dinners were interesting, beautifully cooked and delicious. We did not have time for dessert but next time we will leave more time. And there will certainly be a next time.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodTandJDined on 12/6/2013Both my wife and I loved the food and the service and plan on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Central MassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013Great ambience, fresh expertly prepared food, high quality staff, white linen tablecloths....class actSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UPSCALE IN THE WOODSHighendrestaurantloverDined on 11/30/2013Sonoma is consistently excellent in all phases of the dining experience. Attention is paid to the smallest detail. The menu is varied enough to appeal to all. The only caveat...upscale means not cheap, and many will have to keep this as a "special occasion" spot. But if you can handle spending a little extra, it will be a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It GetsArthurDined on 11/30/2013Having read a write up and watched a TV story on Sonoma I was very impressed with the menu. However once we arrived I was even more pleased with the ambience as a musician played Classical guitar while we ate. The staff was very nice and our waitress was both informative and entertaining with her soft style. The food was excellent. I would recommend this to anyone who wants great food and an enjoyable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outJoanDined on 11/29/2013Was a great date night for my wife and I. After the rush of Thanksgiving, it was nice to get out and relax. Food was PERFECT, but that was only dimmed by the OUTSTANDING service. David was wonderful. No rushing us out. Was a great evening. Thanks so much for everything.Special Features:
- appetizer & entree great; desert okArtWDined on 11/23/2013Music was especially nice. Appetizer: foie gras entree: Korean short ribs desert: apple pastrySpecial Features:
- Excellence in Central MassFred52Dined on 11/9/2013Had a great experience at Sonoma. Food and service were excellent and prices were reasonable for what you got. Even had a visit from the chef which was a treat. We had been to the CIA the week before, we told him this experience was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not dissapointRBK1Dined on 11/9/2013Special occassion with my wife's birthday. Everything was pretty much perfect from the table to atmosphere to service to the meal. Been looking to try Sonoma for some time given the lack of quality restaurants in the Central MA area. This one goes right to the top!Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencePriscilla582Dined on 11/9/2013My husband and I have enjoyed dinners at Sonoma once in awhile, for special celebrations, over time. We have never been disappointed in the quality of food and the attentive service. We also appreciated that even though seated near a table of 10, the noise level never interfered with our ability to converse. Our excellent main courses were the Korean beef and the Scallop/shrimp cornucopia. An array of seasonal vegetables encircled each entrée attractively on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013This was our first visit to Sonoma after hearing about it for years. It was our anniversary so we wanted someplace special. Well now we know what everyone was talking about! The attention to detail in every aspect of the meal and overall dining experience was incredible. From the pumpkin bisque baked in a gourd to the extravagant sides that accompanied our main entrees we were complete satisfied and will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalPattypatDined on 11/8/2013My husband and I have lived in North Central MA for quite some time, and were looking for a new restaurant to try when we came upon Sonoma. We made our reservation, and didn't know what to expect. This restaurant is magical, I swear to you! We were greeted like the most honored guests, and then the food.....Oh dear lord, the food!! Every last bite we savored was then surpassed by the next. The food was the freshest I have ever had in a restaurant, and the presentation was simply beautiful. There was absolutely no pretense about it, it was plated gorgeously, but in an inviting open way, no snobbery. Kudos to Chef O'Shaughnessy. The extensive wine list has something delicious for everyone. The service was extraordinary. Treat yourself soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthday to me!JeanaSDined on 11/8/2013I have been going to Sonoma for years, it is one of my favorite special occasion restaurants. Four of us dined for my birthday and everything we had was amazing as usual. The pumpkin bisque is one of my husbands favorites and we tried the brussel sprout salad which was delicious. The Caesar is always my favorite!! Everyone loved their entrees and the desserts were heavenly as always. I have never been let down by a meal at Sonoma and I will continue to go and recommend it to others looking for a wonderful meal and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousRosyVIPDined on 11/2/2013You can't go wrong with anything you order. Everything is delicious and elegantly served. The food looks like a work of art.Special Features:
- Not up to our expectationsAlphaguy1Dined on 11/1/2013We had dined at Sonoma's before and the last experience was not up to our expectations set by our previous visits. My meal was very good but my wife's meal left a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceoldgolfer27Dined on 10/17/2013Sonoma is a real gem in the middle of nowhere. Our wait staff was attentive and offered excellent opinions on the menu and specials. The food was outstanding, one of the best filets ever and I have had more than a couple. My wife and friend had the seafood special and the presentation was spectacular. Unlike most fit for foodies restaurants the portions were more than adequate. Definitely a return trip needs planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealjlc84Dined on 10/17/2013My husband and I have been looking at the menu for a while now and finally made it here for a special occasion. We were really impressed with the attention to detail that went into each dish and how thoughtful the combinations of flavors were, including the chef's attention to what was in season. The service was impeccable. This is definitely a gem in Central MA and we will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sonoma never disappoints.yesitsmeDined on 10/12/2013The Sonoma never disappoints. If bisque is on the menu...order it, you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningbakerybuffDined on 10/12/2013Exquisite dining experience. Every course was superb. Service was personal and professional. Live music was unobtrusive and set a fine dining tone to a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outbethDined on 10/11/2013Enjoyed a wonderful night out here once again! Dining experience was exquisite, food delectable, service impeccable! Sonoma never fails to deliver! If you have never had the pleasure of dining at Sonoma, you must give this gem a try....you wont regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience intmacDined on 10/11/2013Best dining experience in central mass - wonderful service and the food was equisite. incredible attention to detail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfortable cozy experienceAdrienDined on 10/11/2013The dim lighting gives a great ambiance. The waitstaff are friend and professional. The dishes are tasty and appealing to the eye as well...although I found that the "apple salad" seemed sort of silly that they various ingredients were in separate little areas of a very large plate so that you had to assemble your own salad. Filet mignon - exceptionally good, and dessert heavenly. A classical guitarist playing softly in the background was a nice touch. We sat in comfort and could easily converse without having to shout over blaring music. All in all it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ambienceDiningDocDined on 10/5/2013Wonderful surroundings. As usual. My fav restaurant in central mass, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialClmoutandaboutDined on 10/5/2013We went for our anniversary. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about items on the menu. We were not rushed and were actually surprised at how long we were there. Just very relaxed and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip.IBChowinVIPDined on 10/5/2013This was my second visit within a month. The first visit was so good I wanted to return with friends. The food is outstanding. On this visit the waiter appeared confused and service was a little on the slow side. I guess it didn't bother me that much as I got to spend more time talking with my friends. The food is the best in the area. Dinner prices are reasonable. Plenty of parking, good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sonoma was outstanding.....notUSMCDined on 10/3/2013Sonoma was outstanding.....not a thing to complain about!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, ambience,sunshineDined on 10/2/2013Excellent food, ambience, and service. I have eaten in the very best NYC restaurants, but I always return to Sonoma for my special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.