206 Worcester Road
Princeton, MA 01541Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sonoma-princeton.com/
- Phone: 9784645775
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: From 5:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dan O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fully customized catering. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Brady 9784645775
- Entertainment: Classical Guitarist on Friday Evenings 6:30pm - 9:30pm
A word from Sonoma
Sonoma offers the finest in Global Cuisine to produce a fusion of cultures and taste. Praised for innovative combinations of ingredients and imaginative presentations. Sonoma's menu changes constantly to provide only the freshest and most seasonable products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Sonoma - Best Restaurants in Princeton ›
Sonoma reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (104)romantic (84)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (58)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (13)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- outstandingCC72VIPDined on 6/10/2014What a lovely restaurant! Excellent on all counts. Innovative touches, too, like the basil gelatin cubes with the salad! Delicious. Return visits are in our future.Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!BostonVisitorDined on 6/7/2014What a great meal! One of the best places we've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!WardenOneDined on 6/7/2014My brother and I had a lovely dinner at Sonoma on a Saturday night. The place was filled with couples and groups but the music of the guitar player filled the room with a great atmosphere that complimented the food so well. We enjoyed both the duck and the short ribs and all the other excellent sides and appetizers. Really, there was not an off note to the meal. Wine list is reasonable and the list of cocktails is a bit adventurous if that is what you want. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip1cwbusinessDined on 6/7/2014We traveled a couple of hours to meet others who live in Central Mass for diner. it is worth the trip. The food was very, very good! In particulary, I would highly recommend the foie gras appetizer and the Korean steak was unbelievably delicious. the seafood dish was also excellent. My veal chop was good, but not great. The desserts were all very good, with the fruit crumble, choco dessert and creme brulee all winners.Special Features:
- SalvatoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Outstanding Venue for a relaxing, elegant (but not overly dressy) and special dining experience. Everything about our visit was just lovely - service, food, ambiance. The only drawback would be that it is a little dark in some areas so if you want it bright ask for a table by a window. I hope to go back and try another entree for another occasion. I would highly recommend - especially for a special occasion!! I can't believe I have never been there and heard lots of good things about Sonoma and never went!! All the reports were so true!!Special Features:
- Always good.EatdessertfirstDined on 6/6/2014We love this restaurant. The menu changes, the selections are creative from starters to main courses and don't forget to leave room for dessert. Never disappointed, very consistently good!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner as alwaysBeHappyDined on 6/3/2014Sonoma never fails to impress. The food is always cooked to perfection and the wait staff very attentive without being overly pesky. The creative entrees and sample size of sides are wonderful. We celebrated a milestone anniversary at Sonoma recently and were very happy with our choice. Food rivaling Boston restaurants but without the parking or traffic nightmare.Special Features:
- localfoodieDined on 6/3/2014Excellent food, excellent service. There's no better place!Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurantworcester0604Dined on 5/31/2014I took my friend there this past Saturday evening for her birthday dinner. The food was incredible and the waitress was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. I had the pheasant which was very delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes for a occasionjohnpDined on 5/31/2014The food was spectacular! The service was unhurried, but not slow. I particularly liked the guitarist playing a great selection of music throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeVIPDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I look forward to spending a night out that includes dinner at the restaurant. Great everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mhgkgDined on 5/24/2014We had a lovely evening celebrating my wife's birthday. The service was excellent and or meals were wonderful from start to finish,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Food was great and Wendy was an excellent waitress!! Great placed to celebrate our 51 anniversary!Special Features:
- Great Great FoodBrianDined on 5/24/2014Food is out of this world and creative service is excellent and the people from the chef to the front of the house deliver an outstanding experienceSpecial Features:
- A fantastic foodie nightMarcDined on 5/24/2014A really wonder evening of great food and service from David. We will surely be back.The Korean ribs are just a wonderful meal and I could go on, just please go try this GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest we've found I'm Central MAMrDaveDined on 5/23/2014We can't think of a finer restaurant in the central Massachusetts area. Very good food, very good service. Nice place for special occasion dining. NYC prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Wedding AnniversaryFrankieDDined on 5/21/2014We had been to Sonoma once before and thought it would be the perfect venue for a very special anniversary. So when our 25th Anniversary occurred, there was no doubt we would be returning. If you want a place to go for that special dinner, and you are from Central Massachusetts, or elsewhere for that matter, then this is the place to go to. Food was cooked the way we like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 890 reviews are from the Sonoma reviews archive.
- Anniversary #43NanoDined on 5/17/2014Every year we like to go to Sonoma's for a romantic evening; always the perfect choice. We were surrounded by couples that were also celebrating theirs from 1 year to....well we were the longest! Wendy was fun and full of joy serving this really busy evening. Listening to an amazing and talented guitarist was the icing on the cake. When we have special friends to our home; Sonoma is always our top choice to treat them to fine dining out.Special Features:
- Nana4Dined on 5/17/2014Second time here , only by a gift certifcate that we received as it is a little bit of a ride for us, but we liked it so much we went back for a second time and we where not disappointed. Can be hard to find as it is in a little strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My Wife & I have celebrated our Anniversary There for the past 4 years. Never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- Excellent dining restaurantSkilordDined on 5/17/2014Excellent foods, wine, service top notch, very friendly, courteous and the atmosphere is perfect for a romantic and quiet evening.Special Features:
- Something changed....:(Dissapointed2014Dined on 5/16/2014Went there last year and found a quiet romantic amazing experience. Returned in 2014 to find a loud crowd, and food was average. Very dissapointing.Special Features:
- Love It !CA38Dined on 5/15/2014Sonoma is a wonderful place for a special night out. Food is exceptional,as is the service and atmosphere.The basic printed menu doe's not change much but has something for everyones taste.Be sure though to listen to the added selections.This trip I chose their seared tuna which was out of this world.I've recommended Sonoma to many of our friends and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014We have celebrated several special occasions at Sonoma. The food continues to be outstanding and the ambiance lovely. We come down from NH and feel the meal is worth the travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DiningDrew04Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd year in a row my son and I reserved a table at Sonama to celebrate Mothers Day with my wife. My son and I ordered the Prime Rib. We asked for it to be cooked medium rare. It was cooked medium to well. It was not noticable when the waiter asked how everything was because he came over before we had a chance to cut into it. He made his rounds after a while towards the end of the dinner. I mentioned the prime rib was overcooked. He offered me another piece. I declined it since my wife finished her meal and did not want anyone to feel uncomfortable during this special occasion. He did not offer to adjust the bill at all. Last year the prime rib was outstanding. My wife and I dine at Sonoma on occasions with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsMaineEaterDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers Day dinner. Had the Prime Rib. Excellent and if you skip the drinks ;) the tab is fine as well for what you get.Special Features:
- FabulousJimAndLindaDined on 5/10/2014Delicious meals - the crab & sweet potato bisque was amazing. Our server was knowledgeable and extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special nightWineloverDined on 5/10/2014We were finally able to have our anniversary dinner a month late. Food & service were impeccable as always! Dining room was very loud which detracted a bit. Still our favorite special event spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningJanHDined on 5/3/2014We have treated ourselves several times at Sonoma-special occasions. Always delightful-the food is excellent-the chefs specials are wonderful. we had the tuna and duck breast-both marvelous. The service is consistent, nonintrusive -nice recomendations. A special place.Special Features:
- Winning DishPhillyDawgDined on 5/3/2014The braised rib special was simply the best I've ever had in my 30 years of worldwide travel. I would go back anytime they served this dish, which was presented in a large bowl with a reduction sauce that was spectacular. My wife also had the braised rib, and I've never seen her so excited and complimentary about a beef entrée before. A really great place and way to spend our 30th Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip.IBChowinVIPDined on 5/3/2014I've dined here several times, I'm getting tired of writing that it's one of the best restaurants in Central Mass, But it is! I just wish it were closer to my home.
- Outstanding!McdavdadDined on 4/29/2014My wife and I made our first visit to Sonoma for our 30th anniversary. We were very impressed with all aspects of the restaurant, and we look forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Princeton, Really!!!SummerinMaineDined on 4/29/2014Outstanding We recently had dinner there on Tuesday, April 29th. We were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday. I made a reservation through Open Table and made several request while booking. All my requests were honored. From the time we entered and were seated, it was nothing short of exceptional. Our server Angela, was amazing. She explained everything in detail and had a dynamic personality, thank you Angela. What can I say about the food, except it was some of the finest cuisine we had ever had. I had the rack of lamb,again, thank you Angela, for your input and my girlfriend had the steak special. We were blown away by the quality, taste and presentation. You can be sure that we will be back soon. Keep up the great work chef Brady/TeamSpecial Features:
- Casual eleganceRevjudithDined on 4/20/2014Another five-star experience at Sonoma. This Princeton, MA, restaurant is well worth the trip -- well-prepared food served in a small and quiet, upscale setting. A top-five dining option in Worcester County; don't miss it!Special Features:
- Magnificent, as usual.JeanandDavidDined on 4/20/2014It's easy to get used to the exceptional dining at Sonoma without becoming complacent. We are always satisfied with the food, and frequently surprised by new offerings. Sonoma is our "go to" spot for special occasions. And, we're always looking for new and inventive "special occasions".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Lunch for 41stTimeSomonaDinerDined on 4/20/2014Was very excited to try this restaurant have reading all the positive reviews, but was a little disappointed. My special $12 bloody mary tasted like straight up very expensive tomatoe juice. All of our main dishes were tasty, but the sides were disappointing. The 4 teeny-weeny side dishes (chef choice) were cold and more like like garnishes instead part of the meal, maybe it would have been better if it were customer's choice of 2 at the normal size serving.Special Features:
- Very Fine FoodjtjmkDined on 4/18/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary by seeking out great food. As noted by our adult children and friends the food was great. The golden beet was cool and delicious as were the seafood and beef entrees. Being on a gluten-free diet is no problem as the chef can modify anything in a way that is enjoyable. The wine list and dessert cart had several tasty options. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly and I always appreciate a dry NE sense of humor. The music was nice with light classic acoustic guitar. The only thing missing was a nice view but that thought was lost quickly when the food arrived. Strongly recommend visiting this gem while cruising the back roads of Central MA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, service, quiet,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Nice ambience, service, quiet, and would recommend to friends.,...only negative was we all had braised beef, quite nice, but each serving was was enough for two individuals, and the starch and vegetables although very good, were very small. Overall main course strange as we had to take over half the beef home and thus meal disappointing in comparison to past dinners were have had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findnewregularDined on 4/12/2014I received a gift card from my friends at work to Sonomas', I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived, it's clean and very professional, our waiter was very attentive and the food was awesome! I certainly will be a regular now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet in the burbsBigeeatsDined on 4/8/2014Sonoma is a great place for amazing food. Very creative and tasty. A warm And relaxing atmosphere with a live musician on the weekends. Definitely worth the trip off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.