The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
2430 East Sunrise Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9544462000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Sunday: 11:30am – 4:00pm. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Gruverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)notable wine list (81)romantic (74)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (53)great for lunch (44)great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (21)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstandinggermar1Dined on 5/2/2014Ambience, service and food outstanding. Noise level tolerable. What more do I need say?.Special Features:
- Top notchPeebie29VIPDined on 4/28/2014Great food, outstanding service, with high prices to match.Special Features:
- Capital Grille does it againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had another wonderful meal at our "go to " place for special occasions. We were celebrating our kids graduations and couldnt have picked a better place. From the moment we arrived till the time we left the staff made us feel that we were the only ones there. the steaks and chops were excellent and the lobster was oustanding. If there were any negative, I would say the wild mushroom side was salty. All in all it was a great evening and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great diningJackieDined on 4/26/2014have eaten at capital grill many times. this last time was exceptional. our server helped make the evening ,which was not a special occasion, most enjoyable. the steaks lamb chops and the steak special along with the fish where done as requested. just an enjoyable night . my only complaint was the host was going to place us in a back corner table without asking if we wanted main dining room or a quiet place out of the way. the annoyed me very much as I had made reservation several days ahead. he should have asked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMrsIrvinDined on 4/26/2014This is by far our top 3 go to restaurant. The food & service is always amazing.Special Features:
- Always a treat!bassmanmomDined on 4/22/2014Capital Grille is one of our favorite restaurants and this one did not disappoint. We usually patronize the one in Boca Town Center, but this one was a delightful ending to our Spa Day at the Red Door. Delicious , as usual.Special Features:
- ConsistentPickyOneVIPDined on 4/21/2014Consistency is what brings a customer back to a restaurant. Capital Grille, Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale is consistent on all levels. Staff is exemplary. No matter what time of day, a visit to the Galleria Mall location is something to be enjoyed.Special Features:
- LateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014They kept us waiting for 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. They were apologetic and bought us a round of drinks.Special Features:
- Lobster was greatLovehomemadepastaDined on 4/17/2014Our special occasion restaurant. The lobster was great, as was the special birthday dessert that consisted of a small cheesecake and chocolate cake. Definitely enough for two people. Champagne was also a nice treat.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A HITEddieDined on 4/16/2014My wife and I eat out often: Nobu, Prime 112, Ruth etc. This was our first time at this specific Capital Grill location, but they didn't miss a beat! Chris, our waiter was also a joy. We would go back and ask for Chris! SEMPER FISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great bet for steak !PaulSVIPDined on 4/15/2014Another great steak night out...Polite service great food good portions with 1 side better than the other. Still can't decide which spinach we like better, sauted or creamed, best to order both not to mention the truffle fries mmmmm. Very good coconut cream pie....Special Features:
- Excellent, as always!DisappointingVIPDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful steaks and good sides, along with great ambience and service made for a lovely evening. They were very gracious about decanting the special wine we brought and the $20 corkage fee was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience all around!EllenDined on 4/12/2014It was a wonderful experience. The food was outstanding as well as the service . Our waiter was wonderful, friendly and very attentive and knowledgable in reference to the menu , food and wine. It was one of the best meals I have had in South Florida . We celebrated a birthday and I did not even have to remind our waiter about it since it was all taken care of when I made the reservation. We were made to feel very special. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Server!!!MeeeeeeeeVIPDined on 4/11/2014We were lucky to have a server named Jairo which provided us outstanding service. I rarely have asked for a specific server in all my years but for now on I will ask for Jairo to be our server at the Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2014Always an amazing experience. Good is out of this world but service is even more incredible too - always wowed. Our special occasion was out if this world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice table outside, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014nice table outside, service was very good, food was above average
- Good for all occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014You'll never go wrong at Capital Grille....lunch, dinner or tapas at the bar. Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's gone downhillScottDined on 4/5/2014Went for a Bon Voyage party. Food was mediocre and very very expensive. Returned my steak because it was extremely over cooked. Side dishes were bland and boring. Order coconut cream pie which did not taste like coconut. Spinach salad was a big slimy mess and no one touched it. Waiter never seemed concerned that all salads were not eaten. He just cleared the plates and moved on. The entire dinner was a rush job to turn the table. Never again.Special Features:
- Great place to dineover55dinerDined on 4/4/2014It's Capital Grille - what more needs to be said. The steaks are superb. I just wish some of the sides were avaialbe in 1/2 portions.This way you could sample two flavors instead of sharing just one.Special Features:
- ProposalMHannDined on 4/3/2014I had left a note when I made a reservation that I was going to propose to my girlfriend and asked if they could make the experience a little extra special and they nailed it! We were greeted kindly and brought to a table covered in little red hearts and rose petals. The restaurant was very beautiful and our waitress was awesome. We were treated with complimentary champagne and dessert due to our special occasion and they took a picture and printed it for us. It was an overall incredible experience and they didn't give away my secret that I was going to propose. I couldn't have been happier to have chosen this place for my proposal dinner. I highly recommend it! By the way the food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service werecrcomDined on 4/2/2014The food and service were fantastic. Chef Sean stopped by our table several times and gave us her personal recommendations - how awesome is that! We listened (of course) and the lamp chops were amazing!Special Features:
- good restaurantnounouVIPDined on 3/31/2014the service at the bar was very good, friendly and attentive. the food was goodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceburrisDined on 3/30/2014Probably one of the finest restaurant experiences we have had in So. Fla. There were 6 of us seated in a room in the back. Susan S. was our incredible server. She opened and served the wine like a pro...explained the various specials...gave us all the time we needed to chat before ordering... My wife and I each had a 2lb main lobster...3 had the New York strip and one had salmon, all prepared to perfection. The appetizers and side dishes were among the best we have had anywhere. The service was impeccable as was the whole experience. For an extra nice touch, the restaurant took a snapshot of the anniversary couple and we received the pix in a frame. They also validated your parking ticket. We are already planning our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed at CG ..Ft lauderdaleBostonDined on 3/27/2014I recently dined at the CG Ft Lauderdale, which was very disappointing.I have dined there many times and have always enjoyed it in the past but always at the bar.This time it was in the dining room which was crowded and full of tourists in shorts and T shirts. My calamari appetizer was overcooked and soggy, I sent it back .The waiter let us know 3 times he had removed it from the bill as if he was doing us a favor and still expected to receive a tip on this item Capital Grille used to be a special place for dining now it appears to be nothing more than a main stream restaurant with deluxe prices and mediocre service! I find the CG in other cities, including Boston, NY DC and Providence to date to still maintain higher standards.Special Features:
- I look the look and feel ofLisaVIPDined on 3/23/2014I look the look and feel of Capital Grill. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff could not have been nicer or more attentive! The food was delish-- all parties except one had steaks-- filet, Delmonico and porterhouse. Each steak was prepared differently and they were all served exactly as ordered and all at the same time! The one chicken dish ordered was excellent. The sides, mushrooms, truffle fries, spinach and green beans were great-- flavorful, firm and fresh. Dessert of the flour less chocolate cake and cheesecake were shared and were spectacular-- creamy, rich and not too sweet! I will definitely be back and would highly recommend Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONE WORD......STEVEMarneDined on 3/22/2014Our waiter, Steve is excellent! He suggested many different options for food. All of which we chose and they were excellent. He is the epitome of a great waiter and an awesome addition to the Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch handled withoutFLLPVIPDined on 3/19/2014Birthday lunch handled without fanfare - made my Dad feel very special. Service and food were excellent. We made a great choice.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotgreatniteVIPDined on 3/18/2014This a great business lunch spot. The food is superb and service is incredible. The atmosphere is quiet. Great spot.Special Features:
- Capital Grill is still greatdkoopeDined on 3/16/2014Our experience was a good one at Capital Grill in Ft Lauderdale. The food was quite good and the service, as always was superb. Steve, our waiter was outstanding. We ordered Salmon and my wife had grilled shrimp. Both were very good. Although the prices were a bit high, overall, we enjoyed our experience and we would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is kingJkrichmarVIPDined on 3/15/2014We always know how our outings to. Capital Grille will end,". When are we coming back?" Our server Peter was very friendly, but his food runner/ helper was really on the ball. Excellent service usually means good anticipation and that was the case all night. Great appetizers, great entrees, great desserts.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!!FloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 3/14/2014Thank you once again for an outstanding evening!! We will be back and we will tell and bring our friends!!Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceFaninftldaleDined on 3/13/2014The servers are fabulous and on point with recommendations. The food was exquisite. This restaurant creates an elegant, yet very relaxing environment. Definitely high end but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've hadPaulabear519Dined on 3/10/2014Lobster Bisque, huge chunks of lobster, never had better, tenderloin w/lobster tails,melt in your mouth almost didn't need a knife to cut, husband had Kona crusted Sirloin again perfection, so food was fabulous, however it was our Anniversary which they went over and above any restaurant I have ever been to to make it extra special, rose petals and hearts on the table, Champagne toast, a fabulous dessert that I have no idea what it was (there were 2) and didn't think we had room for but we managed, they took our picture and gave us a copy and when we left I received a long stem red rose! Our Server Steve was very attentive without being over bearing, terrific! Needless to say I know where my next anniversary will be celebrated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJoanneVIPDined on 3/9/2014This restaurant was timeless and traditional. Martinis in shakers,big juicy steaks. The only disappointment was the Calamri. Way to spicy. I couldn't eat it. Waiter shouldn't have charged me for it but it was on the billSpecial Features:
- Not Like The One In Providence,RILovesGoodFoodDined on 3/6/2014Ok so Im probably biased. I live in RI and the CG there is the original one and let me tell you that it is a 5 star spot! Best service and food!!!! This one....well people in FL are a lil bit different. No way you are getting better seafood than in RI. Food was great but not like in RI. Waiter was great. If you are not from New England, you will be amazed. But if youre ever in RI do make sure to stop at the one in Providence.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestCtdavDined on 3/5/2014Excellent food and service. This was our second visit and will not be our last!Special Features:
- First ClassBadass48VIPDined on 3/4/2014We dine here quite often because the food, service and the entire experience never is less than exceptional. We come to expect excellence from the Capital Grille and they always deliver. One of the finest dinning experiences in the area. Always our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chef doesn't know medium rare.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2014I usually get a good experience the Capital Grille but this evening was horrendous. The service was great but your chef cant even cook a simple burger medium rare it also had no flavor. Twice it have you brought back. I would be great because I have a gift card give me by one of my partners. I usually go to Morton's Steakhouse where I will now go now on.
- our waitress was trying tosmittyDined on 3/2/2014our waitress was trying to be helpful, but she was a little too talky to us. would have liked some more privacy. the food we ordered was just so so. our fault though - should order beef items at Capital GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMimiVIPDined on 3/1/2014Delicious food and great ambiance. However the server was disconnected and appeared upset to be working that day. Would return with another server.