The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
2430 East Sunrise Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 9544462000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Sunday: 11:30am – 4:00pm. Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marc Gruverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)notable wine list (82)romantic (77)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (51)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (26)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (20)great for brunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- lunch was a hit!JtropicsVIPDined on 7/10/2014Dinners are always wonderful but this lunch was great. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Food was perfect. From the starters to the steak. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Kona SirloinMarkbahamaDined on 6/26/2014The Bone-in Kona Crusted Sirloin, medium rare, is quite possible the best steak I have ever eaten. Great service, great sommelier and great ambience. A classic steakhouse in the best way possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2014AAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014The overall experience was great. It was a Saturday night and very busy. Large groups of celebrations so it was a bit loud. I took my mom for a night out. It was a bit dark where we sat & she couldn't read the menu but, the server Andrea solved that problem with a box of reading glasses for my mom to choose from. Nice touch. The appetizers were great- Shrimp cocktail was delicious & the crab/lobster cakes were amazing. My seared halibut entree came out colder than I would've wanted (but tasted good) but my mom was not happy with the filet mignon at all. We waited too long for entrees (along with the big table next to us). Other than that- a great experience and the service is always top notch. Oh yea my mum loved the wine and creme brûlée.Special Features:
- Great--as alwaysburrisDined on 6/20/2014Once again, we had a wonderful experience here. Dinner with family in quiet room in back along with impeccable service with respect to all aspects of service. Steaks were prepared correctly first time out and all other dishes as well. That's what keeps us coming back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ManagementjoeyjrVIPDined on 6/18/2014We arrived early for our reservations, checked in with three different people at the hostess stand and were told they could not seat us until our requested time. We went to bar (as advised) and ordered a drink. We enjoyed our drink for almost an hour. i could clearly see table getting up and leaving and then reset. I went back to the same three people, who all seemed to not know who we were. Instead of apologizing for the over site and speaking to us they talked with each other and seated us in the worst spot in the restaurant. Free dessert is not what you want when you trying to have an enjoyable dinner. We dine here regularly, this event could change our choice.Special Features:
- B-day extravaganzaLuvSteakDined on 6/17/2014We went there for my b-day, table was set with confetti, b-day card on table, Prosecco, pic taken, printed and framed, 2 desserts w. candle presented on a platte w. Happy B-day written on it with melted chocolate and a rose to finish! What a treat. All that on the house! They food was delicious, service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!!!silviDined on 6/15/2014Capital Grill will be always one of my favorites. Food is great and the service is the best. Try the Delmonico Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionTinkerbellDined on 6/14/2014Everything was just wonderful, except sitting next to us was a couple in jeans, t-Shirts and flip-flops. The daughter had torn jean shorts and skimpy tshirt top. Sort of took away from the atmosphere of our special occasion.Special Features:
- Full but BrokeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014The Capital Grill as always was great! The service was wonderful. Todd was our server and we found him to be personable, informative, and all his recommendations were spot on. The only thing that surprised us was the check. We've been going to the Capital Grill for years and always felt it was money well spent. This time for some reason although we had a great time it seemed like the prices had been raised. Again the food and service were exceptional but no one wants to get price gouged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014Here for 5th anniversary. Our server was Flo. We couldn't hear him, leaned in & still couldn't. When we could, we barely understood him since his accent was so heavy. Ordered "chef suggestion", seared tenderloin & butter poached lobster tails. Ordered it medium. Flo asked me to cut to check how it was cooked. Way too rare for me. Sent it back as my wife ate her well done filet. 10 min later my food arrives, 1/2 the tenderloin was med well, 1/2 med rare. Now to the lobster, looked like 3 pieces of shrimp curled on the side of the dish, & WAY too fishy, couldnt eat it. Finally Flo came back as we were done & asked about our meals, told him lobster was fishy. Manager took our $30 bottle of wine off instead of refunding the $60+ for the meal
- 10 out of 1024dinnerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Excellence needs to be rewarded. In the hospitality business, top reviews and word of mouth are the best way to let one know about excellence. The Capital Grill topped the chart this week as we celebrated my daughter's birthday. The cuisine was as good as it gets from French Onion Soup to a Tomahawk steak for two and a filet for the birthday girl.The memories come from the service and caring attitude of wait staff member Steve Emanuelli who just didn't stop trying to make this an extraordinary evening. We were greeted by a birthday card on a table of colorful confetti. Champagne for all, a taste of their signature pineapple vodka, and a fabulous and delicious dessert tray enjoyed by all. Thank you Capital Grill, and see you again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkably consistentPickyOneVIPDined on 6/10/2014This Fort Lauderdale mainstay has proven itself to be remarkably consistent in all areas. Food and service being what keeps us coming back whether it be for cocktails, lunch or dinner. The dinning room is a bit noisy and would not be a recommendation for private or business conversation. The lounge is the place for intimacy. Service is always exemplary. Product and presentation very stable in all areas. If there is something not to your liking, staff and kitchen immediately correct the mishap. No problems here whatsoever ! Congratulations on a job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!DreaDined on 6/7/2014Ended up coming last minute and was not disappointed at all. Aundrea is a great waitress and she took great care of our party of 8. We stayed pass midnight and was not rushed at all. The service here is great.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 6/6/2014We could not wait to go back. The chicken confit was excellent especially the beans and vegetables that accompanied it. The New York strip was tender and very tender. The atmosphere can't be beat for a sophisticated restaurant. The best part for us is the service and Shelly, our waitress was professional and friendly and always seemed to checking in on us.Special Features:
- Great dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2014Audrean was an amazing server and made us feel so welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & friendsHARDDO91VIPDined on 6/1/2014Always enjoy the Capital Grille. The FTL location provides a warm inviting ambiance. Always enjoy going, and its proximity to the beach providing a scenic and relaxing journey homeward with a full and satisfied evening enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be better!SpeedyDined on 5/31/2014Great food, great service. What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- Great service and foodtcesliverDined on 5/27/2014Second time here to celebrate my anniversary. Both times I had great service and food. Price isn't bad neither for this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Chain!yummmmDined on 5/25/2014That's just one of those chain restaurants you never get tired of going! They always have top notch service every time never fails! You will never have a bad experience here. They always do everything to accomodate you. Great place, Great enviroment, Great service, Great food!!!! Gotta love Capital GrilleSpecial Features:
- Boyfriend's birthdayMelissaDined on 5/25/2014I took my boyfriend out for his 30th birthday at the capital grille. We walked in and were greeted and seated immediately. We were able to get a booth for seating. It was very romantic. Sean, our waitress, was very attentive and accomodating. We both ordered steak (filet mignon and aged steak). We also ordered lobster mac & cheese, drinks, and desert. It was a wonderful meal...very delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for special occasions and romantic nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!GaileyDined on 5/24/2014We went there for our 5 year anniversary and thru open table was able to let them know ahead of time, they treated us to a champagne toast, decorated the table and treated us like royalty! The food was prepared to perfection. I cannot wait to go back and I have been telling all our friends how perfect the night was thanks to Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToriDined on 5/21/2014Our waitress was Aundrea. I have absolutely no complaints! She was very attentive but did not overdo her job. She held great conversation and is extremely nice.Special Features:
- The following 997 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale reviews archive.
- One item at a timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2014I must say I am a bit put off by a $44 Filet with nothing else on the plate. $12 gets you a cone of French Fries (granted they sprinkled some Parmagian Cheese and a little truffle oil on them - but really!). The thrill is gone for me.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysburrisDined on 5/18/2014Another perfect experience. Food and service were perfection. Service was impeccable thanks to Bill, our server. All 4 of us had steak prepared exactly to order and can't remember any that was better anywhere. The Calamari starter was really great. Prepared quite differently-pan fried with hot cherry peppers. Bill also decanted and poured our wine perfectly. This experience couldn't be better.Special Features:
- Fit For MeatiesMurph440Dined on 5/17/2014One of the best steaks I have eaten (and there have been a bunch!). The salad and appetizer were also excellent. The service and ambiance were impeccable. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DayMom1stTimeDined on 5/11/2014The setting was great. It was a surprise dinner for my mom. We arrived on time for our 8:30 reservation and our waiter, Michael, was a smart mouth the entire time. They ran out of chicken, so I couldn't order a entree since I don't eat beef, lamb or seafood. But, they were apologetic about it. I wasn't upset about it given we were the last table. But, I was really upset about Michael's service. Hopefully, you don't get Michael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaVa79Dined on 5/11/2014The overall experience of the restaurant was just okay to me.. The complaints I have is the fact that our waiter did not explain the mother's day menu to us, I did not like how the waiter stood around waiting for my mother to finish her appertizer, and last but not least I couldn't understand why I saw other mother;s receiving a pink rose and I and my mother did not receive one"????Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Saturday night dinner @ Capital Grille was outstanding. Food was perfectly prepared and the service was timely. The wait staff was courteous and amusing. The noise level was energetic yet not too noisy for conversation. Can't say enough about the meal and the evening and would highly recommend to all who care to listen. A++++++Special Features:
- EdenDined on 5/8/2014We have been going to this restaurant for years. The food is always good and the service attentive. When we have guests visiting from foreign countries or friends from out of town, we always take them to eat capital grill's steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Capital GrilleMiguelDined on 5/4/2014Always have a good meal there. I prefer the seafood to the steaks, but there is always something nice. The stuffed lobster is second to none in the area, you have to go to Boston to find one similar. Love the wine list, the bread and the service is always impeccable.Special Features:
- Outstandinggermar1Dined on 5/2/2014Ambience, service and food outstanding. Noise level tolerable. What more do I need say?.Special Features:
- Top notchPeebie29VIPDined on 4/28/2014Great food, outstanding service, with high prices to match.Special Features:
- Capital Grille does it againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had another wonderful meal at our "go to " place for special occasions. We were celebrating our kids graduations and couldnt have picked a better place. From the moment we arrived till the time we left the staff made us feel that we were the only ones there. the steaks and chops were excellent and the lobster was oustanding. If there were any negative, I would say the wild mushroom side was salty. All in all it was a great evening and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- great diningJackieDined on 4/26/2014have eaten at capital grill many times. this last time was exceptional. our server helped make the evening ,which was not a special occasion, most enjoyable. the steaks lamb chops and the steak special along with the fish where done as requested. just an enjoyable night . my only complaint was the host was going to place us in a back corner table without asking if we wanted main dining room or a quiet place out of the way. the annoyed me very much as I had made reservation several days ahead. he should have asked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMrsIrvinDined on 4/26/2014This is by far our top 3 go to restaurant. The food & service is always amazing.Special Features:
- Always a treat!bassmanmomDined on 4/22/2014Capital Grille is one of our favorite restaurants and this one did not disappoint. We usually patronize the one in Boca Town Center, but this one was a delightful ending to our Spa Day at the Red Door. Delicious , as usual.Special Features:
- ConsistentPickyOneVIPDined on 4/21/2014Consistency is what brings a customer back to a restaurant. Capital Grille, Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale is consistent on all levels. Staff is exemplary. No matter what time of day, a visit to the Galleria Mall location is something to be enjoyed.Special Features:
- LateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014They kept us waiting for 30 minutes even though we had a reservation. They were apologetic and bought us a round of drinks.Special Features: