Girasole - Philadelphia
1410 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Girasole - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.girasolephilly.com/
- Phone: 2157322728
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Angela Iovino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: There's something special about entertaining in your home. Hosting guests at home - be the family, close friends, or business associates - can make for a memorable and especially convivial gathering. At Girasole, we ensure that home entertaining is an enjoyable and carefree event for hosts. We interpret your personal view and feel because It's your party and you should enjoy and savor it as much as your company. That's why we take special care when creating at-home events - they are often the most personal statement a host can make.
- Private Party Facilities: Girasole Restaurant & Bar offers private dining for any occasion. Business breakfast and meetings, luncheons, dinners, celebrations & wedding. We have 2 distinct private rooms, including our of-the-art Private Dining Suite that can accommodate up to 100 guests for casuals gathering & up to 60 for seat down dinners. We also offer cozier semi-private dining for more intimate groups. Menus, wine and other offerings can be customized to create a perfect event for your guests, whether it is for business or celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle 2157322728
A word from Girasole - Philadelphia
Boutique authentic Italian Mediterranean restaurant & bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Girasole - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)special occasion (17)good for groups (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- girasolecn71VIPDined on 6/3/2014Very good food; excellent service.Delightfully quiet so we could talk with our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Okay ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014The ambiance of the restaurant is good. You walk in, and there is the bar, and then seating towards the rear of the restaurant. The restaurant itself is on the smaller side, but it creates a cozy atmosphere. It took a while for us to get water when we first sat, and then to get our drink order. I'm not sure if they were understaffed, but considering that it was not overwhelmingly busy for a Saturday night, fairly slow. The food on the other hand definitely made up for it. The Burrata Italiana and Tuna Carpaccio were outstanding. The Burrata Mozzarella was soft and flavorful. For dinner we had the Prime Sirloin, and the Tuna. The meat was cooked well, and the balsamic sauce was great. The tuna was served with a white bean puree. yumSpecial Features:
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2014very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good very good
- Service was great, timing way offLilbitDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for a bachelorette party. They could accommodate a party of 10 and had a menu that could satisfy everyone. Our waiter was superb but the food took so long to arrive (about 45 minutes to an hour) it cut into our dancing time. The food was delicious, but again the delay was a problem. Definitely stop by if you have time for a long leasurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduate dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014We went to the restaurant on a Tuesday. We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived at 6:30. The food was good, especially the eggplant appetizer. The service was lacking. The waitress had never smiled or asked if everything was okay. She never asked if we wanted another drink.
- Service was lackingMisty8745VIPDined on 5/12/2014I booked this restaurant to host a dinner for business colleagues, and I have to admit I was embarrassed due to the level of service. Drink refills were slow, one order came out wrong, and the server did not smile much. I think she was training, so maybe she just needed to be supervised more closely. The food itself was very good, as was the ambiance. We just got unlucky with our server.
- Good, but weirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Used to be at a different, warmer location. Food is really very good and the service is friendly, if a little confused. Very cold, modern interior with sleek, spindly European chairs, which is fine if you're a sleek spindly European. If not, they're wobbly and your foot will fall asleep. It's a great kitchen but the rest needs work.
- BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/9/2014The decor was dark and uninspiring. Girasole - sunflower nowhere to be seen. Colors black and white. Food ok. Service was inattentive.
- A Nice Night at the BarTJMoirVIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was excellent as always. I had the gnocchi and the tuna at the bar. Sunday night was a quiet time to interact with the friendly staff. Thanks TJ, for remembering the broccoli rabe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Kimmel diningpsd17Dined on 4/21/2014Bar is cozy. Food is good and service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before TravelTJMoirVIPDined on 4/15/2014We live in the building above Girasole. When we travel overnight, our tradition is to have a meal at Girasole before catching a car to the airport. We arrive relaxed, can decline the meal on the plane, and arrive refreshed. Once again, Girasole did not disappoint.Special Features:
- feeling at homeMariaDined on 4/4/2014This was my 3rd visit - perfect setting for getting together w/good friends and being able to just talk without so much background noise. Will go back.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2014This is a wonderful Italian restaurant with excellent pasta & other specialties as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Neighborhood Gem!AngelicaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Anyone who wishes fresh pasta enhanced by different piquant sauces, meats and seafood will certainly enjoy dining at Girasole. The menu selection is great. We enjoyed the entrees as well. Small and comfy but sometimes quite an energetic noise level. A gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual the food was tremendous.CenterCityPeopleVIPDined on 3/14/2014As usual the food was tremendous. We can't wait until they put in the pizza oven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little flavorbengendaDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant is a pleasant room, but on a cold night the opening and closing of the door makes dining a bit uncomfortable. Our pasta was lovely (supposedly hand made on premises) but the sauces were bland. The mark up on wine is 4 to 6 times retail and the wine list is very small. Service was a bit fractured. We had two different servers and they blamed each other when my husband's dessert was forgotten. I doubt we will return.
- Great pre-concert/theatre spotJerseydinerDined on 3/1/2014Nice menu, including daily featured items. Something for everyone. Food, service, cocktails/wine selections all very good. Kitchen shows care in plate presentation. Great place for early supper before a concert at the Kimmel Center. Will return and can easily recommend Girasole to others.Special Features:
- fresh and beautifully preparedCharlieDined on 3/1/2014We arrived early at 5pm and there was not a soul in the restaurant. The decor was lovely and the staff inviting. We were a large party and ordered right away. By 6pm all the tables were filled and many of the clients were already getting their entrees. One party had finished their entire meal before we received our entree. When the food came, it was delicious. It was luke warm, but so fresh that you almost didn't mind. ( I did a little!) I would strongly recommend Girasole, but maybe not for a large party.Special Features:
- Tucked away on pine streetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Tucked away on pine street is Girasole. We are returning customers and this restaurant is consistent and never seems to disappoint. Whole fish selections de boned table side, house made pasta to leave you craving more. Our servers are friendly and always on point. A plus dining experience alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great-As UsualTeunisVIPDined on 2/20/2014We have dined at Girasole 8 or 9 times and always find the service and food outstanding. There location is perfect for a pre-show dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot. Great Food andriskystockDined on 2/14/2014Great Spot. Great Food and wine list. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and hidden gemJTW1025Dined on 2/14/2014The food was good, prices were moderate, the service was excellent and attentive. Whether you're a college student on a budget, taking your family out for a treat, or treating your love, this place is excellent. It didn't get 5 stars because the pasta and bread tasted a little cheap, but it was still tasty. Though others may disagree, I think the serving sizes were perfect as well. This isn't a place to go if you're looking to over-stuff yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT FOR ÓPERA NIGHTCarmelinVIPDined on 2/14/2014We hadn't decided where to go for Valentine's night, we were a group of 7, looking for a place close to the Ópera House I found availability at Girasole's. I liked that they didn't have the typical Valentine's Prix Fixe which I normally avoid, so I asked for the gnocci, which were really good. Service was good and food arrived fast, we asked for the mussels' special appetizer and they were very good too. One of my friends is Italian and she liked the food, the place has nice soft lights and decoration is just right. I normally don't like restaurants during special dates because service can be a problem, and it wasn't the case. They were attentive and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Disappointing!BruceVIPDined on 2/6/2014The AC location is continuously sold out and raved about, so I thought the Philly locaiton would be comprable; WRONG! The place was literally empty on a thurs at 8p. Food was pizzeria quality (and not as good as some pizzerias), wait staff professional but mediocre. Wine list was abreviated to about 20% of the bottles on the standard wine list. I brought clients there, total mistake. Sometimes things don't live up to the hype or expectations but this was so far off it was really disappointing!
- Too NoisydfochilVIPDined on 1/31/2014The bar and tables are in a single small square space, no carpet on the marble floor, no tablecloths, no sound absorbent materials on the walls or ceiling. Impossible to have a relaxed conversation across the table. Food and service basically OK, nothing special.
- Disappointing resauranthazzleDined on 1/25/2014Our neighboring table got noticeably quicker, friendlier service. The salad on the menu as part of prix fixe never came. Dessert , which we did not expect ,was wonderful.
- Disappointed in Restaurant WeekcarolngeorgeVIPDined on 1/23/2014The food was OK, though portions seemed small for the price. Michael was the host, very pleasant, and tried hard. Disappointment was: We were promised on the phone that we could get the "regular menu" and order a la carte, during the Restaurant Week for Center City. When we arrived, we were told NO, we'd have to order from the special menu of the week, which had no prices, no side dishes listed. We were served by 3 separate people, not Michael, and not a friendly word was spoken. We got 3 small slices of bread, no offer of more. We had to 'grab' someone to get our water glasses refilled. Food was OK, as it is as so many Philadelphia Italian restaurants. Location near the theater was our goal. Decor is pretty.
- After theatre treatbwiddiDined on 1/18/2014Just one or two blocks from the Academy of Music or the Kimmel Center so it is perfectly sited for before or after a show. That's how we found Girasole. Dining room was relatively small and quiet, service was friendly, at the perfect level, not too intrusive but anticipated every need. Our party of three enjoyed the meals which were tasty, presentation good and properly sized. Overall a great dining experience, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okTonyVIPDined on 12/27/2013We had an early seating and the restaurant was quiet. We were never checked in by the host so we were marked as a no show for Open Table but it was resolved. The tables and bread dishes had a film on them. The food was ok, I guess I expected more from this establishment. The experience was ok, but with all of the competition in Philadelphia for dining it should be more than ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013We ate at Girasole before going to th Suzanne Roberts Theater. We all ordered simple meals, and a few drinks, and everything was delicious. The service was fine, the atmosphere pleasant, and we had a relaxing time before he show. We will be going back to this restaurant before th next show.Special Features:
- Not as good as I rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Not as good as I remember from previous experience Location is good for theater and concerts Service is good Menu needs updatingI would recommend this to a friend.
- great hidden gemvinceVIPDined on 12/13/2013great place to eat prior to attending a show at the Kimmel CenterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Tuna Carpaccio was verykofppaDined on 11/30/2013The Tuna Carpaccio was very good and fresh. Portions tend to be on smaller side- with few accompaniments. Very meager desert menu.
- Outstanding!FitlerSqVIPDined on 11/24/2013Excellent pasta dishes both traditional and inventive, plus nonobtrusive, thoughtful service in a beautiful room that's both sophisticated and friendly. This could be my second home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood foodGreatExperienceVIPDined on 11/23/2013Had a lovely time. We had tickets for the Kimmel and showed up looking for simple, good food and that's exactly what we found. The service was good. The food was portioned well and came out hot. My only complaint and it is a small one was that they brought out the salad, which the waiter told me was pre made, a little too early. We had just received our drinks and already I was given a salad. But all in all, a lovely evening, reasonably priced and food was delicious. We'd go back.
- Great for Before and After OrchestrTJMoirVIPDined on 11/23/2013Girasole is a great place for before and after the orchestra. Before the show, it's a vibrant scene with every table full and people standing at the bar. And the food is just as good as those lazy summer days in August. After the orchestra is special too, you never know who might show up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirasoleCassieDined on 11/22/2013Very nice restaurant but not sure how long it will last. We were the only ones in the restaurant at first and then one other couple came in. The food was very good but nothing spectacular for the amount the food cost. Everything is a la carte and we thought very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal at the BarTJMoirVIPDined on 11/10/2013We decided to eat at the bar to watch the people on the street and chat with the owner. Great food as always. We love the family ambiance of the service. Welcome back TJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our first choice.SuzegalVIPDined on 11/1/2013When we visit Academy of Music or Kimmel Center (etc) this is our first choice. Another perc is that it is within walking distance. The carpaccio, bronzino and gnocchi are my favorites. They have a favorite Pinot Noir that I love. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerMaggieDined on 10/31/2013We were having dinner before a concert, and although I had a reservation, we were offered a table near the front of the restaurant in a higher traffic area, despite many tables being available. We were seated in a quiet spot in the back at our request. Food was quite good. Grilled shrimp was excellent. My pasta with shrimp was only fair due to the tough shrimp some of which still had the tail, making it difficult to enjoy, I was not sure all the shrimp were fully cooked. Dessert- the house specialty - was excellent. The waiter, on several occasions, asked if we wanted a glass of wimple or a drink. There is another Italian restaurant in the area we much prefer for food, service and price.Special Features: