Magnolias at the mill
198 N. 21st Street
Purcellville, VA 20132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Magnolias at the mill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.magnoliasmill.com/
- Phone: 5403389800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mark Marrocco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Magnolias at the mill offers 2 Bins on the upper level, one seating up to 6 guests & the other up to 18 guests. (not wheelchair accessible)
A word from Magnolias at the mill
Magnolias at the mill is a contemporary American restaurant within a restored grain mill specializing in locally grown products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Magnolias at the mill - Best Restaurants in Purcellville ›
Magnolias at the mill reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (100)special occasion (81)fit for foodies (75)great for lunch (58)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (49)good for groups (49)notable wine list (47)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (29)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (12)late-night find (8)Show More
- A bit rushedKiffmeisterDined on 7/4/2014We're regulars at Magnolias and the experience is usually exceptional. However, maybe it was because it was Independence Day we felt the service was too rushed. We hadn't even finished our salads and the main course was being hustled in, and later our coffee order was forgotten until it was almost too late. But like I said, maybe it was because it seemed like the last sitting of the day and everyone was in a hurry to shut the place down and the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Bobcat1Dined on 7/2/2014The trout was excellent although adding a salt water topper like crab was a bit strange. The tastes are quite different. The service was great but be prepared to wait for items such as freshly prepared trout. The building and atmosphere was classic and warm because of the architecture and mill feel. It reminded me of the mill I once explored when I was a child. The only thing I would change is the lighting and seating. The lighting was quite modern and did not fit the theme, and the chairs looked like a cheap addition to such an expensive structure. Overall, I give it a four out of five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 year wedding anniversary dinnerJoeCDined on 6/28/2014We had our 6 year wedding anniversary dinner here and it was absolutely wonderful! The food tasted delicious. I loved the wine and beer selection here. Great place to eat at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New for usApplekidDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit and we were impressed. Food was great; service prompt, friendly and helpful, and ambiance outstanding. A couple points off because we were not offered bread, and, for an upscale restaurant, I was surprised to be asked to hold on to my fork when the salad was removed.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Signature Fried Green Tomatoes were good, but hadn't been blotted appropriately. Cobb salad was ho hum. Too much romaine, chop too large, local greens MIA. Dressing was nothing special. Local, fresh berry crisp was too syrupy, but Lemon sherbet was quite good. Berries would have been great without the crisp and added sugary syrup.
- The following 1092 reviews are from the Magnolias at the mill reviews archive.
- A Wonderful FindBobgDined on 6/21/2014We stopped by Magnoia's about 4 years ago on a whim. What a find! Since then we have had them cater Thanksgiving when we were remodeling; host my wife's law firm's Christmas Dinner; and had several me and my wife dinners. This last time was for our 39th. I had Magnolia's arrange to get a dozen roses. The menu was great and even personlaized for us. Hard to beat anywhere in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good historic restaurantchrisDined on 6/21/2014I took my wife here for anniversary dinner and was enjoyable. Service was good and restaurant setting was excellent in historic area of a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ghardy110Dined on 6/16/2014Always good, always happy! IN western Loudoun, this restaurant is always consistent in service and quality. I never question eating at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!PJsreviewDined on 6/15/2014Salads were good. Crab imperial was so salty difficult to eat. Rhubarb pie was very good but difficult to find ice cream. Blueberry cheesecake was okay (watery - must have been frozen). Most Menu items were too complex - it would have been nice to have some simply grilled fish with sides.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed our meal and service. It was an excellent way to end an afternoon of wine touring in Loudoun.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014I was there at 12:30, so there were quite a number of families. The restaurant never felt overly-full. The food was replenished frequently and was delicious. There was a good array of breakfast and lunch items. The desserts were delicious. In my opinion, desserts are tricky because they can dry out, but that was not the case here. The wait staff was friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Saturday evening dinnerfreedomDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a great dinner, wonderful service and will go back anytime. Although this is a casual atmosphere restaurant, there is nothing casual about the food! A wonderful variety of appetizers and seasonal specials.Special Features:
- Always GreatKevinDined on 6/14/2014I took my parents here for Fathers Day (Saturday night) and they loved it. My parents have dined at places all over in their 50 years of marriage and my father said it was one of the best! My wife and I always enjoy the mill.Special Features:
- Great way dine after at bluemontsusanismVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had spent afternoon at bluemont vineyard and wanted a place for dinner that would have good food and winery staff recommended this spot..we are from northern va near fairfax so this was not our normally area for dining.. Food terrific.. Some unusual dishes but each one was flavorful.. Even being an hour drive from home.. Might travel here just to fine! Traffic from no va a pain but it is a delightful spotSpecial Features:
- SMMedicVIPDined on 6/14/2014Very nice establishment. I wish I would have known of the outdoor seating option, and I would have made my reservation for there. Inside was a little dimly lit, but very nice. Server was very attentive and food was excellent (Bucatini Bolognese and Veggie Stir Fry).Special Features:
- Nice timeMomoftwoboysDined on 6/14/2014We took my husband to MAM for Father's Day...we all had a good meal and we had excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Great lunch experienceStanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great experience at lunch we had their signature fried green tomatoes.Rachel was a great waitress with touring tips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday successfoodlvrDined on 6/14/2014The entire experience was wonderful. We split the crab tower (delicious!), then our entrées were the truffle burger and the fish tacos (both very tasty as well). Knowing it was my birthday, they had printed a special 'Happy Birthday' page for the menu they gave me which was a wonderful touch. We would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I were away for the weekend and had lunch at Magnolias. It was so good that we went back for dinner the next night and lunch outside the following day. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerMarkDined on 6/7/2014We were seated promptly upon our arrival. Our server knew the menu and the specials well, and was both friendly and efficiently. There was a good variety in the menu offerings. The food presentation was very nice. Ingredients were fresh and the meals ample and delicious. The setting is very nice. The décor and building construction ( in an old mill) was interesting.Noise level was a little high, but not unusually so. I did appreciate that most of the diners dressed up a little and appreciated the occasion. I would definitely recommend to others and would return for a special occasion. I found the experience to be somewhat unique and it was nice not to just be in another chain establishment. I also appreciated that local wines were offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal ay Magnolias, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Great evening for dinner with family, nice menu choices, good great, staff friendly, overall Great evening! Good for groups too, love to go with the ladies for drinks and apps...Special Features:
- A Good Time Was Had By AllAztec62Dined on 6/1/2014Last week we joined another couple for dinner at Mgnolias at the mill. All four dinners were delicious. The service was spot on! Beautiful interior design coupled with prompt seating at exactly the time our reservation was made for 8:30 PM made it a wonderful experience. We will be back soon. Two big forks UP.Special Features:
- We are regularsyumyumDined on 6/1/2014This is our go to restaurant in Purcellville and the surrounding area. We have been coming here since they first opened and the food is always fresh and the beer selection is fantastic. We especially love the salads made of local ingredients and yummy dressings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchDeliciousDined on 6/1/2014Sat out on the porch that over looks the patio. Just beautiful. Spinach frittata cooked to perfection with fresh greens and feta. Fresh peaches are used in the Bellini's, a must try. The tomato and smoked gouda soup was delicious. Our server was knowledgeable, offered suggestions, and provided swift and efficient service. This was our second visit and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night @ MagnoliasMagnoliasDined on 5/31/2014Met our good friends at Magnolias on a Saturday night. The place was packed but service excellent as well as the food. Would return to this restaurant anytime.Special Features:
- Love MagnoliasLuvgoodfoodDined on 5/31/2014I love this restaurant especially on a nice day! The patio seating is so nice. The food would get an excellent review but my husbands prime rib was quite bland. My trout was outstanding. This was my birthday dinner choice. It's also great for bikers as it is at the end of a beautiful section of the W&OD trailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to ServicewineloverDined on 5/30/2014Magnolias at the mill was a good choice for a small birthday celebration. The food was very good and our waitress with the lovely accent was excellent. The birthday menu and surprise chocolates was a very nice touch. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice in the NeighborhoodDrMike82VIPDined on 5/24/2014I love introducing people to Magnolia's at the Mill and I try to make a point of going there whenever I'm in the neighborhood. The staff accommodates requests and I have always had excellent service. The food is good but fails to wow. We had the fried green tomatoes appetizer, which deserves its popularity. My girlfriend had the paella pot, but was not impressed. I had the shrimp and grits, which was okay. The ambience of the place is terrific. Eating here is never a bad choice.Special Features:
- Awesome!SoGoodDined on 5/24/2014Our waiter T was awesome! Great food and great service. Love the steak and the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FinalefoodsnobDined on 5/24/2014Since we have never been disappointed with our dining experience at Magnolias at the Mill, I knew I could count on you to put the perfect touch on my wife's birthday celebration. And it was the perfect end to a perfect day. Thank you and well done!!! We'll be back...with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After BaseballBJinVADined on 5/23/2014Great place for casual dining no matter the time. They welcome us after baseball practiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firegal38Dined on 5/23/2014Always pleased when I eat here. The building is wonderful and the atmosphere also lovely! Food is all Delish !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great lunchfoodieDined on 5/21/2014We have been to Magnolias at the mill many times and this time was like all the others: great food, and great service. Thank you and we shall return.Special Features:
- Fried green tomatoes were greatLynneDined on 5/20/2014Rest of the meal was just ok. Kale salad terrible!!Special Features:
- Our Everythingnosal25Dined on 5/17/2014"Maggies" is my go-to place. I can always count on excellent food with wine and beer choices to compliment. Service is always exemplary. Great tiramisu ice cream. "Maggies" beats out many(99%) of metro DC resturants but here parking is close and free.Special Features:
- 100+ year old flour millTheRoadLessTravelerDined on 5/17/2014Wanting to try something new we drove a half hour to Magnolias. Tucked in the corner of the historic district, the building is a well preserved former flour mill. Hulking wood walls and rafters encompass diners in warmth and ambiance. Pleasantly diverse menu from burgers to full entres. Food was very good, service attentive. We will put it on our to return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Placekath1Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of Magnolias, my food was good, my husbands was not that great according to him. Waitress was very professional and helpful.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysVernDined on 5/16/2014Magnolia's has become one of our favorite restaurants, and for good reasons. The service is good, the food is great and we like the ambiance. This time around I had the ribs and they were some of the best I've had in quite a while. My wife had the Paella, which is what I had the last time I was there. I didn't particularly care for their Paella. It just doesn't fit the mold of typical Spanish Paella. For one thing the rice was runny and the flavor was off - at least I thought. My wife tasted mine when I had it and liked it so she ordered it this time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not worth the pricedaisyDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I always love the ambience of this restaurant. We went there for Mother's Day with family and the service was great, but the food was not worth the price. I was not pleased, they had a menu just for that day and I was looking forward to ordering from the regular menu. I will go back, but not on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in the foodhealthhokieDined on 5/11/2014Been to Magnolias many many times. The mother's day food course was very disappointing. Shrimp cocktail came out swimming in water not on ice, salad was miniscule and almost no dressing. Tenderloin was good. Service was very very slow. Will NOT ever go back there for a special menu event. Eat at the the bar all the time and enjoy it immensely.Special Features: