308 Lenox Avenue at 125 street
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezlucienne.com/
- Phone: 2122895555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2am - Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties of 5 to 100. We rent the restaurant (or part of it)and provide outside catering. We also have discounted group menus for 10 or more for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner at the restaurant or for delivery. We are now offering Corporate Accounts.
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the full restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Alain Chevreux 917-570-5216 x
- Entertainment: CHEZ LUCIENNE WAS VOTED RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS IN THE 2011 MICHELIN GUIDE
ZAGAT RATED: FOOD-22 SERVICE-20
FEEL THE HARLEM SPIRIT ON THE WEEKENDS AT CHEZ LUCIENNE
A word from Chez Lucienne
We welcome you to Chez Lucienne bistro, the first authentic restaurant in Harlem where you will find signature French Classics with a touch of Provence. The front bar is perfect for cocktails before dinner where patrons will mingle like good friends in an upbeat ambiance. We have an exciting wine list with a fun cocktail program. Join us for mouth watering dishes such as Moules frites made 5 different ways, Bavette a l’echalotte, homemade Sausages, Saumon roti Moutarde grilled to perfection. Chez Lucienne’s dining is convivial with a friendly service and delicious food made with premium ingredients. The décor is warm with brick and mirrored walls, ceiling fans and dimmed romantic lighting, reminiscing of Colonial era. The bistro is in the heart of Harlem with its vibrant energy and history. Come for live music every saturday night (no cover) We have great bands every week, you will be dancing in your seat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Lucienne reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (17)late-night find (12)hot spot (12)good for groups (12)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (11)special occasion (8)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Warm and welcomingJimDandyVIPDined on 1/12/2014Satisfying and tasty French food. We ate early, at 5:30PM on a Sunday evening, and the place was not crowded. By the time we left it was hopping, and a cool jazz trio had started playing. Next time we will dine a bit later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014This restaurant was recommended to my husband and I, Best Recommendation! Staff is very welcoming and kid friendly. The food is very tasty and fresh and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant had only threebigredVIPDined on 1/9/2014restaurant had only three tables it ws 130 pm late lunch . service was so slow there almost two hours we ordered omeletes and a sandwich and soup none of which took long to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningDrsteveDined on 1/3/2014I went there on 1/3/14 to celebrate my birthday. It was an uncrushed experience. Our waiter was very cordial and patient. They surprised me with a birthday dessert on the house. A lovely touch. I go there often and now that I only live 8 blocks away, Im sure I will be there more. Great mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFsnycDined on 12/31/2013Friendly and genuine service. We have a 7 month old and went out to celebrate NYE early (5pm) and they accommodated us and made us feel very welcome. Staff is awesome and food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem of a Bistro in HarlemDontnvme2Dined on 12/28/2013My husband and I made reservations to eat here as part of our Date Night. I read up on this restaurant on-line and I liked what I read. Our table was ready when we arrived at 5pm and we were promptly seated after checking our coats. I ordered a nice glass of wine and as an appetizer, I had the mussels w/fries. For my entree, I ordered Coq Au Vin. I had the warm beignets w/vanilla ice cream for dessert. My food was delicious and my husband enjoyed his too. We were impressed with the ambiance, the decor, the service, and the food. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like being in FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We were there on Christmas Day - great Canard à l'orange, mousse au chocolat and good wines! Surprisingly pricey for Harlem but definitely recommendable for a special occasion! The atmosphere is really cozy and the waiter is French, so the place IS authentic ;) Indeed, there were many French guests and that is a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat!RC150Dined on 12/25/2013Very reasonable price french food! Atmosphere was lovely. A real gem in Harlem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BrunchDavidDined on 12/25/2013Had a wonderful Christmas meal here with my love - salmon and lamb - both cooked to perfection. It was packed for the 2 PM seating but it felt warm and inviting. Glad to have chosen Chez Lucienne over uptown choices. Wonderful attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster experience, great foodThemicruzDined on 12/22/2013As usual, the food was good. The service was pretty bad overall. We had to ask the waiter several times for ice for our drinks which were warm. Took almost 30 minutes to finally get ice! The drink orders took longer to come out than the food and we sat next to the bar, and would stare at our drinks there waiting to be brought to us. It wasn't too busy either, so that wasn't an excuse for such bad service. They are usually pretty spot on. Hopefully this doesn't become the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bothertimessqregularVIPDined on 12/7/2013Not worthy of the previous reviews when the restaurant gets our orders completely wrong and misses out on two people's order at the table next to us and then take 15+ minutes to correct the orders. Hard to imagine that they also don't know how to cook the eggs for eggs benedict. Don't bother.
- BEST mussels in Harlem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2013Chez has the BEST mussels in Harlem bar none!! Run don't walk to this place and 1/2 pff on Fri/Sat nights after 12am!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catching onPoolDined on 11/23/2013Chez Lucienne is a popular spot. The atmosphere is good, busy after 8:30. Reservations definitely advised. The service is good, though occasionally, there might be a short wait for your food. The food is not bad, but not great. Some dishes better than others. I would go back-just not right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great live musicjeatherhaneDined on 11/17/2013We enjoyed our meal and the friendly service. The live band was amazing and everything about our visit to Chez Lucienne was terrific, except it was HOT, so dress in layers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Worth The WaitHappyCustomerDined on 11/16/2013After having to wait in the cold (even with a reservation), my friend and I got seated, and eventually the most delicious meals I've tasted in a while were served!! That's all I can say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale French CuisineBaileymouseDined on 11/16/2013Our party of 6 thoroughly enjoyed our night. Everything was delicious, from the Escargot to the Duck Confit. The mixed drinks and wine pairings were spectacular. Service was slightly slow and it took awhile to place our orders because they had a separate server for drinks. All in all we loved it.Special Features:
- MediocreAuPoivreDined on 11/16/2013Went before a show at the Apollo. 1- The balsamic vinegar added to the olive oil served with the bread tasted cheap. Very sharp / acrid. 2- Escargot - very garlicky - very tasty. 3. Kobe burger looked machine formed. Nothing special at all. 4. Le Steak, served au poivre style - over cooked, a bit tough, sauce was forgettable. 5. Frites - meh. 6. Brought our check before dessert, tried to pretend they didn't forget the dessert. We live in New Haven, CT - I can think of 5 restaurants that have much better food than this. The only thing in this restaurants favor was that it was pretty inexpensive compared to comparable
- Bustling BistroRobina888VIPDined on 11/16/2013The staff at Chez Lucienne is friendly, attentive, and appropriately proud of the good food they serve. While location is next door to the fabled Red Rooster, Chez L. deserves its own clientele who may perhaps prefer la cuisine francaise to urbanized down-home southern cookin'. While I don't live in NY much less Harlem, I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant wait staff, delicious foodMargsVIPDined on 11/11/2013This is a little gem of a restaurant in a neighborhood that may be overlooked. Merci pour un dejeuner tres bien!Special Features:
- delicious, authentic cuisinesarahleeDined on 11/10/2013had a sunday brunch here & it was delicious. very serene atmosphere, though granted we were among the first to arrive for brunch. nice jazz playing, very warm even though it was a cold day & we were right by the doors that doubled as a wall (sometimes doors like that are drafty, but these were not).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2013We celebrated my fiancee's mother's bday here a few nights ago. When we arrived the table we were at was quite close to the door and we were constantly being bumped by people going by. Needless to say, it was not ideal. However as the night went on things got better and better. The apps came and were delicious. The drinks were great. Our mains were all fantastic. And then, the waiter brought out 5 desserts on the house and a bottle of champagne. All were delicious and a great way to finish off what had become a wonderful experience. Everyone was so kind and generous and our waiter was incredibly friendly. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2013The food was excellent at this Harlem based French bistro. It is in a good location that is easy to find and parking was not much of an issue on Saturday evening. The service was good, but not great, even though the place was very crowded. The only complaint is the space. The restaurant was too narrow and the tables were jammed up next to each other, such that you were almost forced to eavesdrop on your neighbors' conversations. More space would make this a truly great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the Apollo Theater....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2013a great stop after a tour of the Apollo Theater in Harlem. I had the Landon salad - with poached egg cooked to perfection from the brunch menu. I want to go again with more friends just to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time IDARADined on 11/8/2013This is the second time I have been here and it was jus as good the second time! The ambiance is exceptional - there is not one person who could be nicer than the other. The food is excellent; rabbit is so hard to find in NYC; it was deleicious. The entire dining experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- lovely lunchnygalDined on 11/8/2013We and another couple enjoyed the prix fixe lunch at Chez Lucienne this week. The menu is varied to accommodate all tastes. Preparation excellent. Salads, fish, liver, omlets were all tasty. Desserts great. Reasonable wine by the glass. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SasPVIPDined on 11/6/2013I kept passing by, never really stepping in. Decided to finally try Chez Lucienne and boy was I pleased. Hands down one of teh best FRENCH/FRENCH INSPIRED meals I've had in all of NYC! The escargot was deeeeelish - fresh, perfectly and expertly cooked in its delicious sauce. My snapper and shrimp was heavenly and my date certainly enjoyed his duck and sausage. Truly a great meal! And he was a great, great waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab French FindEllyninnycDined on 11/4/2013This charming little bistro has authentic food, charming and attentive staff and outdoor seating when the weather cooperates. Their onion soup is good and cheesy , frisée salad has a perfectly poached egg and chewy crispy lardons. I felt I was in a neighborhood bistro in a small town in France. Caution: they fill up after 7 so get there early or make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentacinharlemVIPDined on 11/4/2013Love this place. The food is solid and classic, if not haute, the service is terrific and friendly, and the place has a really good energy. The room is comfortable and spacious, but the noise level is not overwhelming at all. It's a very comfortable and welcoming place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French bistro fareSharonoftheHeightsDined on 11/3/2013Loved the food, very gracious and attentive server who spoke French, let my son try out his middle school French. My husband said, "I feel like I am in Paris", a high compliment for any restaurant. Very fine coc au vin, great omelette and croque madame too. Didn't think the blueberry tart was as good as the entrees (though my son adored and devoured it--I am admittedly a bit of a patisserie snob). Though crowded with multiple large parties, it was very comfortable, unrushed and noise manageable. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply convenientDougDined on 10/29/2013I've been to this spot a few times in the past, and it seldom disappoints. The food is often good, and the service is adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happenin in HarlemBonefinderVIPDined on 10/26/2013Lively and energetic is an understatement. This place is jumping busy. We had a reservation but I don't think it mattered a whole lot. People were pouring in. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had the bouillabaisse and it was not a traditional one at all. Broth was heaven. Cooked to perfection. One other had the Duck Confit, another the Duck a L'orange. A fourth had a steak. Everybody loved their meal. Don't go for a quiet leisurely meal. Service was very helpful, friendly, but a bit uneven due to the crowds. If we had more time here, we'd go for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apollo Must1DiscriminatingDinerDined on 10/25/2013Great place to get a head start on an evening at the Apollo.Special Features:
- Tasty and Vibrant near ApolloEM56VIPDined on 10/25/2013Dined at Chez prior to seeing Get On The Good Foot at the Apollo. Seated right away but did have to find a server to take drink orders. Once he learned we had an 8pm curtain, service was excellent and professional. Meal consisted of a variety of Onion Soup, beef and salmon burgers, coq au vin and duck. All delicious and gobbled up. Fries were just right. Energetic atmosphere. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great place getting a little SleepyBigFanVIPDined on 10/22/2013One of my favorite places, loosing it a little. Hope it was just a bad night. Ridiculous Keystone Kops service, lukewarm food, ordered two Mussel Muniere, we were brought one order, waited eons for the correction. 'No whipped cream' request (on the world's best chocolate mousse).. came with double amount. As I said, hope it was just an offf night. Love the place and the hard working GM, Fred.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFlyFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2013We took my Mom to Chez Lucienne for her birthday and had a great time. The bartender really knows his way around a martini - you can't go wrong with the Signature Lucienne or Encore Un Fois martinis. I forget the name of the seafood pasta we had but it consisted of shrimps, bay scallops, and mussels served over a bed of linguini. It was fantastic! We also had the chocolate mousse (free dessert). The waitstaff put a candle in it and sang happy b'day to my Mom. The presentation was very tasteful and it really made her day. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite dishMyFavoriteThingsVIPDined on 9/27/2013I ordered my favorite dish, the crispy chicken with roasted potatoes and garlic confit, and it was delicious, The service was great, great, great. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindnygalDined on 9/24/2013This was our first visit to Chez Lucienne and we would definitely return. Great lunch menu, well prepared, reasonably priced and good variety. Service somewhat erratic but the owner (?) very quickly fixed things and gave my husband an extra side dish to compensate. Interesting art work and cozy atmosphere. Very French and seems to be a very popular lunch destination for the neighborhood..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNYDaisyVIPDined on 9/23/2013Three of us went to Chez Lucienne Monday night . We had drinks first at The Red Rooster next door and dinner at Chez Lucienne. The service was great -- our waiter was very professional but also warm and welcoming. The food is typical French bistro and we all had steak frites -- delicious!Special Features:
- good food, great atmosphereambivalistVIPDined on 9/22/2013This is a terrific brunch spot. The restaurant is very lively with a great crowd, and the service is very friendly. Two out of three entrees were very good, the Lucienne Benedict and the Croque Monsieur, and the salmon crepe was just ok. We had a toddler with us and the staff were terrific. The service is attentive but not hurried - this is not a good choice if you need to get in and out, but an excellent choice if you want to linger and catch up.Special Features:
- Great experience, Saidu theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/16/2013Great experience, Saidu the host was phenomenal and Adam our waiter was fantastic. Food was great, not rushed and really enjoyed the energy.Special Features: