308 Lenox Avenue at 125 street
New York, NY 10027Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chezlucienne.com/
- Phone: 2122895555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2am - Brunch Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties of 5 to 100. We rent the restaurant (or part of it)and provide outside catering. We also have discounted group menus for 10 or more for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner at the restaurant or for delivery. We are now offering Corporate Accounts.
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the full restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Alain Chevreux 917-570-5216 x
- Entertainment: CHEZ LUCIENNE WAS VOTED RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS IN THE 2011 MICHELIN GUIDE
ZAGAT RATED: FOOD-22 SERVICE-20
FEEL THE HARLEM SPIRIT ON THE WEEKENDS AT CHEZ LUCIENNE
A word from Chez Lucienne
We welcome you to Chez Lucienne bistro, the first authentic restaurant in Harlem where you will find signature French Classics with a touch of Provence. The front bar is perfect for cocktails before dinner where patrons will mingle like good friends in an upbeat ambiance. We have an exciting wine list with a fun cocktail program. Join us for mouth watering dishes such as Moules frites made 5 different ways, Bavette a l’echalotte, homemade Sausages, Saumon roti Moutarde grilled to perfection. Chez Lucienne’s dining is convivial with a friendly service and delicious food made with premium ingredients. The décor is warm with brick and mirrored walls, ceiling fans and dimmed romantic lighting, reminiscing of Colonial era. The bistro is in the heart of Harlem with its vibrant energy and history. Come for live music every saturday night (no cover) We have great bands every week, you will be dancing in your seat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chez Lucienne reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (17)late-night find (12)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)special occasion (7)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- awesome musselsswimmermomgrandmaDined on 5/8/2014food was terrific, the thai mussels I had were probably the best mussels I've ever had and I order them often: small, tender, perfectly cooked, each one opened and the curry/coconut milk broth with lemon grass was outstanding...my friend's tomato and cheese appetizer that she had as a main course got rave reviews as well.Special Features:
- A Harlem PioneerLivCloseByVIPDined on 5/6/2014This was the first "new" restaurant on upper Lenox and it remains a good place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Rooster?StaceyBarbourDined on 5/4/2014Forget about Red Rooster, it's all about Chez Lucienne. Food, ambience, decor and drinks are all stellar. Love this place!Special Features:
- lovely brunch destinationwowinharlemDined on 4/26/2014we had a fabulous, well-prepared meal! the servers were courteous and attentive. we had omelette and benedicte eggs, and the side of potatoes and salad, all very flavorful. definitely will be a regular here. merci!Special Features:
- RenoirVIPDined on 4/20/2014This wonderful place never disappoints. Happy, friendly great food and even better now that we can sit outdoors. The service is always with a massive smile and all the friends we take there just love it. Looking forward to a great summer at Chez Lucienne! RenoirSpecial Features:
- Brunch arrived cold...BrklynFoodLoverVIPDined on 4/20/2014Chez Lucienne has the potential to be a good restaurant, but is not there yet. We went for Sunday brunch with 5 people, and several of the meals arrived cold. The waitstaff also seemed to be overwhelmed by the crowds, so it took a long time to get menus and basic service. The space is attractive and it could be a good neighborhood restaurant if they can correct these issues.
- Neighborhood favoriteChantboyVIPDined on 4/16/2014There are about 5 really good restaurants in central Harlem (I'm not including Sylvia's tourist trap) and Chez Lucienne is one of them. Consistently excellent real French bistro fare. The lunch prix fixe is a steal!Special Features:
- Bad with reservationsNYCMJJ1970Dined on 4/13/2014I have eaten here before and enjoy the place, but this past Sunday, my friends and I were going to a later brunch, so I made a reservation for 1:30. We arrived at 1:20, and by 2:00 we still were not seated so we left. It seemed that people with no reservations were being seated ahead of us. When I made the reservation the night before, there were plenty of time slots available so i can't imagine all of these people suddenly decided to make reservations at the last minute. I will go back but only before 1:00, since after that it is too crowded. They don't seem organized enough to deal with the walk-ins yet give priority to parties with reservations. I based my reviews of food etc. on prior visits, since I had to rate all aspects.Special Features:
- Just Terrific FoodJHG1VIPDined on 4/10/2014What a surprise - great French food in Harlem!! The roast chicken with roasted potatoes was absolutely first rate. The Spanish cabernet (who knew?) was very reasonably priced and excellent. The home-made tiramisu was just perfect. The service was friendly and efficient, the manager very friendly and a great mixed clientele. A real find in Harlem. Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- My cousin use to work forItsem25Dined on 4/7/2014My cousin use to work for Chez Lucienne many years ago and when she introduced me to this place i was hooked. I always take people here. they have greatfood extremly friendly staff and they all speak french. iots nice to have something like this in harlem this is not a franchise rest which i love. My french friend said the food here is so close to home. i recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!2012NewYorkerDined on 4/5/2014Everything was very pleasant (the service, the atmosphere), the band and singer were fantastic, and the food was very enjoyable. My husband and I had wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sweet French restaurantPierrotVIPDined on 4/5/2014It was a nice surprised! We had the chance to walk in this place late right before the live music event started! The singer was amazing, the food was really tasty and the waiter was not to pushy!! We had a great experience and we will come back for sureI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceStjoy33VIPDined on 4/4/2014Chez lucienne was delicious and the service was excellent. The only draw back was that it was extremely packed and it took us 30 mins to get seated even though we got there early for our reservation. It was a very nice restaurant though overall. Thankfully because we did have a reservation we got in more quickly than those without reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/2/2014Excellent food, great service, wonderful people. You get the feeling of being in a French cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential HarlemluvfoodDined on 3/30/2014A classic French bistro in the heart of Harlem. Great mussels. Super staff . . . mostly French or from somewhere that French is the primary language.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/22/2014one of my favorite places in harlem.....the food is always amazing with great service......love love chex lucienne........Special Features:
- I have recently moved to theRenoirVIPDined on 3/16/2014I have recently moved to the area, and this restaurant has been one of a couple of great finds. The food is excellent and the service 1st class. It is always nicely noisy and busy. There was some smalll confusion about the timing of the booking, but the charming manager dealt with the issue quickly and efficiently. The choice of food on the brunch menu was excellent and it is always very difficult to know what to have as it all looks so good. All of our party loved the restaurant and it will be very much a regular for us. RenoirSpecial Features:
- Chez Lucienne is a classicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014Chez Lucienne is a classic French bistro with a few diversions to spice up the menu. So Parisian you'll forget you're in New York. I had an absolutely delicious chicken curry ... chicken oh so tender - really, really good. Companions had french onion soup and turkey club. Great coffee. Everyone was delighted. Many happy diners around us. Comfortable and friendly - a great choice for dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- When In HarlemmimilaterreureDined on 3/6/2014We are montrealers and when we go to New York, We make a special trip to Chez Lucienne for a memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014This place is intimate and the food is great. It can be a bit loud but is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2014They are so friendly, unpretentious, and the food is great! I love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!MMMGoodDined on 2/26/2014We were early and had the place to ourselves for quiet a while. Menu included a price fixe option: astoundingly good. Assumed the portions would be smaller, but it was lunch, we went for it. We shared two apps, one better than the other: best escargot I've had in ages, perfectly plump,resting in a warm garlicy verde sauce with cooked spinach and toast crisps. Delicious! Country pate': a special treat! Two thick slabs, chunky/creamy/fresh, perfect toast points. We both ordered Calves liver, three generous, thin slices sauteed to perfection, with yummy mashed potatoes and a red wine reduction. Stuffed! So much food, lovely service, GREAT price, a basket of country bread with olive oil, great ambience & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chez Magnifique!DawnKADined on 2/22/2014Recently dined at Chez Lucienne and it was a delightful treat. Our food was prepared to our enjoyment and the dessert was simply delicious. Although we would have preferred to try the Blueberry Tart we had the Apple Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream. Much to our dismay, the desert menu was limitted to three selections. In any case, the overall dining experience was great. C'est magnifique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Harlem BistroSeltzeroneVIPDined on 2/22/2014Unexpectedly good French Bistro in Harlem - close to the Apollo theater. Service and food very good. Will definitely return. (cozy place - next door to Red Rooster).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerLivCloseByVIPDined on 2/16/2014We chose Chez Lucienne for its proximity and for its consistency to entertain guests from out of town. Always a reliable choice.Special Features:
- Horrible!NeverAgainDined on 2/14/201430 mins after we were seated and we had ordered, our food still hadn't arrived and when it did, it was dessert first, to our horror! The French food they claim to serve was poorly executed and so bland- you wonder if they've actually tasted French food?! The fish I ordered, though tender and moist, was not seasoned well (if at all), and the reduction didn't even make up for this. The terrine was okay, but they bread they gave me was burnt...the dessert (they eventually got the sequence right), was supposedly a warm, chocolate lava, was served cold and there was no lava inside! (They over baked it)- it was a dry, sponge cake that was painful to eat. It was disastrous and terribly, terribly disappointing. Do NOT eat here!
- Never even sat down...UnhappyDined on 2/14/2014We made valentine's day reservations here, and arrived five minutes late - on time for NYC. When we arrived, the place was packed, loud, and chaotic. Clearly there wasn't a table ready for us. Instead of addressing this directly, the manager left us standing in the doorway, and when he finally returned to tell us what was going on, told us, 'he would accommodate us, since we made a reservation.' Isn't that the point of making one!? It would be alright to have to wait a bit, I get it's busy, but on a day when we wanted a special night we were treated very rudely. The manager promptly disappeared, never to return, and so did we to another restaurant.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014Service was unsatisfactory. Seated at the worst table in the house. Should have objected but did not. Food service was over an hour for appetizer, another 20 minutes for salads which were incorrect, another 20 minutes for order to be corrected and the main was lacking. Food was very good, but overall, a miss. Very disappointed.
- AMAZING!!DowntonDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant is an authentic French bistro. Who would have known, nestled in the middle of Harlem? Sadu, the manager, was accommodating and so attentive. Delightful!! We were greeted by David, a very affable gentleman. Escargot is the best in New York City. We just loved the dinner. It was prepared to perfection. The service was thoughtful and every wish was anticipated. The restaurant needs more room but the closeness also has a certain je ne sais quois.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisesPickyEaterDined on 2/8/2014The staff was very nice and accommodating, if you don't mind eating a foot away from strangers then go there because the food is totally worth the small issues like the noise and close seating, overall not a bad dining experience, all anyone ever wants is AMAZING FOOD right? Well Chez is the place to get it...decently priced as well and perfect portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Chez Lucienne is a small restaurant that has a great menu and attentive wait staff. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all the staff spoke fluent french as well! Although it was 7pm and busy, they had my reservation ready and seated my date and I at a window seat right away and took great care of us. The place had a reasonable level of noise from the many conversations being held, but nothing excessive. The decor was nice as well. Lastly, the food and wine were quite reasonably priced. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Warm and Welcoming!!!AngieQVIPDined on 2/6/2014I am ecstatic to have them in my neighborhood! Always warm and welcoming and the food is quite a delight. A great little treasure of a place with excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best lunch spots . . .ChantboyVIPDined on 2/6/2014. . . in the area (125th and Lenox). Consistently good French bistro food, and the $14 prix fixe lunch is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone way downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014I really loved this place a year ago and recommended it to everyone I knew, enthusiastically. Everything has changed. Service was terrible -- I had to ask about the specials myself, since the waiter asked to take our orders without mentioning them, and even then the waiter had no idea about them and ran to the kitchen to ask; beverage order initially came out wrong; we rarely had glasses filled, so poured the wine ourselves; coffees took FOREVER to arrive after ordering. The food was mediocre to poor (bad steak -- the "prime" designation on the menu cannot possibly be correct; poor frisée salad with almost nonexistent lardons), and the ambiance had none of the great vibe it previously had.
- consistently good bistro foodChantboyVIPDined on 1/24/2014I find myself having lunch here at least once a week. It's a really value, especially if you choose the $14 prix fixe lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatStebbingsVIPDined on 1/23/2014Four of us, others for first time. The newcomers were very impressed including a Brazilian and a Franco-American.Special Features:
- consistent bistro foodChantboyVIPDined on 1/17/2014consistently excellent French bistro food, and the prix fixe lunch is a great dealSpecial Features:
- Warm and welcomingJimDandyVIPDined on 1/12/2014Satisfying and tasty French food. We ate early, at 5:30PM on a Sunday evening, and the place was not crowded. By the time we left it was hopping, and a cool jazz trio had started playing. Next time we will dine a bit later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014This restaurant was recommended to my husband and I, Best Recommendation! Staff is very welcoming and kid friendly. The food is very tasty and fresh and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant had only threebigredVIPDined on 1/9/2014restaurant had only three tables it ws 130 pm late lunch . service was so slow there almost two hours we ordered omeletes and a sandwich and soup none of which took long to make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.