City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
700 South Rosemary Avenue, Suite 218
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigtimerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 561-366-0071
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch : Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Lisabet Summa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jeremiah Bennett 5613660071
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of our more popular dishes are the Flatbread of the Night, Gulf Shrimp-Sea Scallop Risotto, and housemade charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and very tasty. City Cellar features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight". Outdoor dining is available overlooking the beautiful fountains of CityPlace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (33)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (31)romantic (29)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great Food and AtmospherereservationmavenDined on 1/25/2014Food and ambience were very good as always! We did have a reservation as we were trying to get to a show, and that was a little problematic. They were really trying to acccommodate us, but we were seated well after our reservation. We did make our waiter aware of our timing and he tried as best as he could to serve us quickly. We would have liked to relax and not have to rush through such a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always busyHsheffieldDined on 1/22/2014Good food but they're trying to get so much out that execution can get a little sloppy. Seems like the food is better when they're not as busy.Special Features:
- Good overall experienceBagsDined on 1/18/2014We all enjoyed our food and service was very good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterCosmokarenDined on 1/16/2014If they had an OK button that's what I would push! Menu has changed and they used to make large biscotti which was my favorite and they came over with little slivers of biscotti :-( their bread full of Rosemary could not get plan. We received our check before we were even served I would desert very unusual. The portions were small and expensive. They tasted fine but not worth $35 for an entrée. I don't think I will be going back here.
- Best place for a first datefranchise1305Dined on 1/11/2014Drove an hour to go to the restaurant and it was worth it. The food was great and great portion. The servers were good with the manager around to help if u needed help. If u free and have time go to there it is worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous Night on the TownwinkieDined on 1/11/2014We had reservations which made life easy as it was a crowded Saturday night. We had a lovely table near the outside area. Our waitress was upbeat and amazing. We are all health nuts so we ordered the quinoa salads. They were large and tasty. Our waitress chose a great wine for our friends. WE will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lucky Find!luv2eatVIPDined on 1/4/2014Having never been to CityPlace, we wanted a restaurant to eat at before attending an event at Kravis Center. Went online and City Cellar had the best reviews, so we decided to give them a try. We were so pleasantly surprised, especially after having some pretty mediocre meals out recently. We sat in outdoor patio area and could people watch. Our waiter was prompt, friendly and attentive. So, the food. I had the special Short Rib with potato gratin and it was simply delicious. It pretty much melted in my mouth and the flavor was excellent. Husband had the Lamb Shank, which he said was equally delightful. The portions were more than adequate and the presentation very nice. Can't wait to go back when in town. This place will not disappoint!Special Features:
- Amazingly accommodating!LatexfreeDined on 1/2/2014We have been dining here for 10 years. My husband has a severe allergy and every single time we come in they fully accommodate us in the most gracious manner possible! Iggy the manager is warm, friendly, and takes special care of us as if we are his own family! We will always recommend this place to friends and we it will enjoy dining here for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecrazyatDined on 12/28/2013Food, service, ambiance, all was great. Nothing to add.Special Features:
- great restaurant but BAD front desknickDined on 12/27/2013everything was good. Food, Ambience, Service etc. But to come there you need somehow to come behind the the frontdesk. All girls working that evening, really tried to scare costumer away, It startet already with the reservation. By calling in, we only got an angry: No table available! You have to come by and stand in a row for 30min... So we checked the opentable reservation schedule, and have choosen our preferd time, and booked ?!?? Everything went through and was fine. Out Table was ready, to the point we have ordered it. Comming by the frontdesk, at least 30 parties where waiting, and the rest was not even fuilly seated. Here is something realy wrong! As Manager of this nice restaurant, I would exchange the entier crew of the frontdesk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous CharcuteriemldesilvaDined on 12/26/2013This restaurant has a divine menu but nothing is better than the Charcuterie menu. It is a separate menu so make sure that you take a look at it and make your selections. The Red Dragon cheese is delicious and you have to try one of the Spanish hams. Pair your platter with a bottle of wine from the extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Should be on the playbill for the Kravis Center! Both fufilled all expectations and then some. Truly spectacular! Thanks for the memory of a lifetime. Quite the combination of dinner and theatre. Felt truly authentic, the Broadway experience! Highly Reccommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazing! Specials r UniqueBoilerLeahVIPDined on 12/21/2013The menu changes seasonally and they always have specials. I love that the waitstaff is so knowledgeable about the food preparations and the sommelier will make sure you pick the perfect wine for your taste, budget and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As UsualFlaverCraverDined on 12/21/2013One of our favorite places for pre-theater dining for the Kravis Center performances. New menu has a lot to offer. Our server, Michelle was very helpful and knew a lot about the menu items.Special Features:
- Another wonderful meal atMichelleEVIPDined on 12/16/2013Another wonderful meal at City Cellar! This restaurant is always consistent, both in terms of food and service. Mondays are also half-off bottles of wine under $75, which made for a reasonably-priced complete dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was outstanding.eyeluv2dineVIPDined on 12/9/2013Our server was outstanding. Loved her wine recommendation!!!best Brussell sprouts !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They let us have a liesurelyFLGalDined on 12/6/2013They let us have a liesurely dinner, did not rush. Food was fantastic, great specials that day. Great wine list, service fantastic. One of my favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE DINING EXPERIENCECherVIPDined on 12/5/2013Our first time there, and we will return. The cocktails were superb. They have a small menu as far as variety of seafood goes, but what we had was delicious; and they had two specials. The excellent waiter listened to my preferences in red wine, and suggested a Malbec that I enjoyed very much. Appreciated the Christmas holiday music as well. Altogether, it was a delightful restaurant in advance of seeing the Rockette's Christmas program at the Kravis Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek salad did not have enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/5/2013Greek salad did not have enough feta cheese and there was too much salad dressingSpecial Features:
- We enjoy the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/3/2013WE have friends from Canada that visit once every month or two and almost always meet them here. We enjoy just about everything about the place. Good wines, good appetizers. Nothing special to write home about but consistent. And a decent variety.Special Features:
- Great Place to EatpalmbeachmollyDined on 11/30/2013City Cellar is always a great place to spend a night whether it's with a date or with family members visiting from out of town. We love to get a table on the patio. This time it was overlooking the gorgeous Christmas Tree in City Place. Great food, great wine, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS FINDGogogalDined on 11/30/2013There are many restaurants to choose from in City Place WPB, but this restaurant exceeds all others. The food is fresh and fabulous. Homemade "melt in your mouth" Gnocchi and meatballs to die for!! I am Italian and know my Italian food. Other diners had the same reaction to their dinner and desserts....... We will return soon!! The restaurant has great ambiance albeit a bit noisy. However, it was Thanksgiving weekend and all of City Place was jammed packed. It has a tremendous wine list and two bars. It is certainly the place to be! Our waitress was one of the nicest, sweetest servers I have experienced in a long time. She wasn't overly attentive, but never forgot about us, and always had a beautiful smile. What a pleasure! Ask for Gigi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Came to the City Place location after a show at the Kravis Center. We had a reservation at 8 and we were seated promptly. Our waiter was pleasant and offered information regarding specials, etc, but dropped the ball when he forgot one of the glasses of wine that we had ordered. The appetizers we ordered were very good, but for the prices we paid (25-35 per entree) the main course was ordinary at best. The stuffed jumbo shrimp were not very "jumbo," and the mahi mahi was bland and over-cooked. We waited far to long to have our emptied plates cleared from the table and were never offered a refill on the soda that was ordered. When water glasses were refilled (only once) not all the glasses were refilled. Left feeling disappointed.
- We had a large group (12)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013We had a large group (12) whose number kept changing, City Cellar could not have been more accommodative. The food was excellent and our server attentive. The dining room has a wonderful vibrant feel and the management on-site makes sure that all are enjoying their evening. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect evening was the powder room, it is a train wreck and needs some serious attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchFoodieDined on 11/13/2013The carb cake salad was spectacular, easy access with parking, waitress was excellent hostess did not great me when I arrived only down side.Special Features:
- Been here many times whenOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/10/2013Been here many times when in the area. The quality is slipping quickly.
- the dry aged ny strip wasfoodiegirlDined on 11/2/2013the dry aged ny strip was fantastic and the cheesecake was outstanding. a very pleasant evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gnocchiVRBFAIRDined on 11/1/2013Good was great. I had delicious riccotti gnocchi, my husband had flavorful and perfectly cooked steak , friends had steak and a pizza . All of it was cooked perfectly. The service was wonderful. Was surprised how cozy it was for such a large venue. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Birthday funRJS1990Dined on 10/18/2013For the 2nd time in 4 years my friends and I chose to celebrate one of our group members' b'days here and as expected it did not disappoint. Great food, atmosphere and service with good friends can't be beat... and we were able to take advantage of a discount promotoin to boot! Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodCraig4245VIPDined on 10/13/2013Great food great service ... everyone enjoyed their meal ... definitely a go to place when in the area .... our favorite restaurant in city place .... always a good time at the bar or the table ... We will go backSpecial Features:
- Sunday brunchEphiDined on 10/6/2013My party went for lunch at 1pm on Sunday, the brunch menu was still available at that time. I had the bacon gruyere quiche, it came with a perfectly dressed salad, delicious. My children ages 4 and 6 were able to split 1 kid's pizza. The waiter was nice enough to let us know that the pizzas were very large so that I didn't need to spend the extra money ordering one for each child. There was pizza left over in the end too! Every one at the table seemed happy with what they ordered, it was all delicious, and portion sizes were generous all round with the acception of the seared ahi tuna salad, it was on the smaller side with only 4 thin slices of tuna. Overall I was very happy and check out the unlimited mimosas or bloody Mary's for $10!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependablefoodiesVIPDined on 9/28/2013This is a place where you can always get a good meal, time after time. You can bring others in and not be embarrassed by the food or service knowing you will get a decent meal. The place is always busy and even with a reservation most of the time you have to wait about ten minutes. Since the place is always hopping there is no impetuous to take the restaurant up a notch and I can't blame them since they already have a full house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingToniDined on 9/28/2013Not a good experience At All & would not recommend this place. Unless you like being harassed and rushed of course. Half of our party of 7 was late by 40 min due to bad weather driving conditions. First the waiter keeps coming over asking about the rest of the party. Then a half hour after being seated and many numerous visits by the waiter asking about the rest of our party the manager then comes over also asking. He was annoyed with our answer that they hit some bad weather but are close by. Also they were out of the ingredients for one of their drink specials at 7:30pm and could not offer a sub drink for the same price. Now it's time to pay the waiter still not happy with us complains he lost out on a night of tips estimated @ $300.00!!
- Mixed ReviewnytripDined on 9/28/2013While my Duck special was excellent, the service was weak, maybe the waiter had too many tables?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantaly GoodKBMJBDined on 9/28/2013One the few remaining original restaurants in City Place. This place has delivered from the very beginning, I always know I can count on City Cellar to be great.Special Features:
- Very nicechipperchanDined on 9/26/2013Been here twice this week for dinner. First time the lamb small dish was delicious. Second time not good at all! Service is great like the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for businesswillieDined on 9/25/2013great food, friendly good looking staff, great City Place location makes this a great place for a business meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLettieDined on 9/21/2013We went to this restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday. The service was outstanding. The food was amazing and everyone at our table loved their food. I would definitely return to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to eatRalphDined on 9/20/2013Never had a bad experience here. Love this place and the great staff and their Sunday brunch is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to goFoodieDined on 9/19/2013Diversified menu, many small plates for those who enjoy grazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.