City Oyster & Sushi Bar
213 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Oyster & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cityoysterdelray.com/
- Phone: 561-272-0220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Teixeira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from City Oyster & Sushi Bar
City Oyster & Sushi Bar is a classic American seafood restaurant. The seafood at City Oyster arrives fresh daily from local purveyors and from fisheries in the Northeast. It's flown in each morning and filleted in City Oysters kitchen. Some of the more popular dishes are the Yellowtail Snapper Filet, Crab Stuffed Shrimp, Sake and Sesame Seared Tuna, Alaskan King Crab Legs, and Housemade Pasta of the Day. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all tasty. The award winning wine list offers a huge selection that can be sampled by the bottle or glass. City Oyster offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Atlantic Avenue. City Oyster, simple, fresh and delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
City Oyster & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
City Oyster & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (51)vibrant bar scene (49)fit for foodies (42)hot spot (35)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (16)romantic (15)late-night find (14)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Consistently great foodDelrayBeachFanDined on 5/2/2014We have eaten at City Oyster for brunch, lunch and dinner. This is the one restaurant we always go to whenever we're in Delray Beach. Great food, attentuve, professional service, good people-watching if you decide to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmithtowndinesDined on 4/30/2014We love the food especially the mussels FraDiavola and the scallops. The noise level is high inside and quieter outside. We have done both.Special Features:
- Good food, service not too goodJG63Dined on 4/23/2014We told our waiter it was our first time dining at City Oyster. I noticed very few " sushi type" items on our menu and was surprised because the restaurant name has the word Sushi in it. We had a nice meal sans sushi but our waiter was never around and when he was seemed rushed. The next day I went to their website to see if it was possible that they offered more sushi than we were told about and it turned out they never gave anyone in our party the sushi menu which we would have loved to order some apps from. Oh well, would still recommend the place but be informed there is a sushi menu and don't expect great service. Worth the wait for an outdoor table if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellyDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I had a great meal and the service was outstanding. As soon as Stacy approached the table with her suggestions, we knew that we were in good hands. We will definitely return with the whole family the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Third time, no charmBelgoDined on 4/20/2014Visited City Oyster for the third time in one month, hosting European visitors on Easter evening. Obviously I was satisfied enough on my prior two visits to return... regretfully, I will not be returning for a while, and try other similar choices along Atlantic Avenue. The best part was that we did get the outdoor table for six and could experience the Atlantic Ave buzz. Service was very poor: the ladies weren't served first, we had to pour our own wine, main course arrived before the appetizer plates were cleared, etc. The food was way too salty across the board (our favorite Brussels Sprouts appetizers simply wasn't edible) and the food was greasy and poorly plated -- as if it was simply thrown on our plates.Special Features:
- YoyitaDined on 4/18/2014It was our second time at City Oyster because they offer excellent food, great service, accommodation is timely, but the place is too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/18/2014Excellent once again from service to food! Lobster tails were great and so was snapper and shrimp.Special Features:
- Weak…...RPBHOTELGUYDined on 4/16/2014just t posted review on Yelp..ouch…weak food, service,..will not be back….this place needs to get back to basics.. been there many times before, but no more..
- FABonAVEEarnit3Dined on 4/15/2014I live in Delray and will always call this my favorite restaurant on the Ave - when the food is always outstanding -- the one thing that city oyster has above all others on the ave , is it's fabulous staff and service -- from the hostess, to the bartender and wait staff --- all are friendly, accommodating and understand hospitality above other restaurants on the ave. Thank you !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentdcjjDined on 4/14/2014The food at City Oyster is not only terrific but it is always consistent. Rarely have we been disappointed in anything we have ordered. Inside the restaurant is typically noisy - which is not something we enjoy. Dining outside on the "Ave" is the way to go if noise is a concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodCindyDined on 4/14/2014Kiity was our waitress and she was terrific! The food is consistently good and the menu specials offer good options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to City OysterrexboniDined on 4/13/2014We have been to City Oyster several times and the food and service are consistently very good to outstanding. The noise level indoors is too high and not conducive to conversation. Outdoor tables are quieter although placed very close together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great placeSandpiper4Dined on 4/11/2014We have been going once a month for over 10 years and it has been consistent in both food and service. Want a good night out in a fun atmosphere, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Food TemperaturedizzyDined on 4/8/2014When I received my Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Jalepeno Grits the plate was hot but the food wasn't. It felt like it was pulled out from the freezer and plopped on the plate. The quantity of food was somewhat worth the price but the quality was just not there. I am not sure I will go back there, if so just for the 2 for 1 happy hour!Special Features:
- Great food great service greatWineO13Dined on 4/6/2014Great food great service great bartenders. Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2014Great service and food. Snapper dishes and stuffed shrimp were excellent. Crab dip was great also. Even though it was a busy night service was wonderful and not rushed at all. Even I believe manager came over to tables asking how everything was. We have eaten there plenty of times for lunch and now more often for dinner.So many places to go in Delray and this is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experiencefrankDined on 3/29/2014Reservations for 9 and we're seated at edge of sidewalk Server was nonexistent, after waiting for 15 min the manager came by and asked if he could help, we asked about the specials and he had no idea what they were Calamari appetizer was definitely not calamari, most likely cuddle fish, when brought to manager' attention he advised that it was the way the "filleted" the calamari server was absent the whole meal ordered a bottle of wine, and server never once poured a glass We left with the impression that this restaurant did not care about customer service, they where busy with the tourist season and was not concerned with the level of service. For an upscale restaurant, extremely disappointing evening, we will not return
- Highly recommended, local favorite!RachelleMDined on 3/27/2014I have been dining at City Oyster now for 6 years. I have never even disappointed with the quality of food. It had been CONSISTENTLY amazing. I HIGHLY recommend their calamari, even I you don't like calamari, you will start. I was only disappointed one time with the service when I told the server they didn't shuck my oysters and he said he "never heard that word, and we don't do that here" -obviously he didn't realize he was working at CITY OYSTER that night(lol) I haven't seen him ever since then! Our server this most recent visit was AMAZING! Love the oysters, their special sauces, and the large booths:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's "Virtual" Birthday BashTPOTDined on 3/23/2014If you're looking to dine on excellent seafood and drinks in a warm and friendly atmosphere that represents the epitome of the "Ave", then this is the place for you. We told our server we were there for the duration, posted a picture of ourselves on facebook and our party began. Starting with cocktails, the Pomergranate Martini was awesome. The varied selection of oysters complemented our individual palates as did the wine selection. As the "Happy Birthday" wishes to Mom pinged our phones we enjoyed a light and refreshing arugula salad with watermelon & pecans. The twin lobster tails were so sweet, I was in heaven. We sang Happy Birthday to Mom relishing key lime pie, espresso and after dinner drinks. Never been here? It's time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food; Exceptional ServiceDlynnA2VIPDined on 3/23/2014We made reservations here on a whim because we liked the name. We sat just inside the structure but with the doors open it was like being outside. The food was fantastic. Very fresh oysters with homemade crackers and cocktail sauce and fresh horseradish. Impressive sake list. I had a starter salad with the house dressing - it was excellent. My husband had one of the crudos to start, which was also excellent. I went on to have the Peruvian Sea Bass Hong Kong style. The fish was cook perfectly! Very flavorful. My husband had the chopped salad. It was huge and excellent. But the best part about the night was the service from Stacy. She was hands down one of the best servers I have had anywhere. Overall, excellent night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun, lots of choices...njeater987VIPDined on 3/17/2014Overall very pleased - fun spot, great people watching, nice menus. Definitely preferred the oysters-and-sushi dinner to some of the prepared items (which seemed a little too.....pedestrian, especially compared to the description & pricing!). But overall a very fun time!Special Features:
- Very good occasional dinningZekeDined on 3/8/2014Can't blame City Oyster for the mayhem of Atlantic Ave on a Saturday night, but it is a hassle parking and then getting out of the area. First, an excellent selection of craft beers, about a dozen on tap. Lots of fresh seafood prepared with excellent side pairings. My pan seared snapper was slightly dry, but very flavorful; Ahi tuna was done perfectly as well as the Mahi. For the prices charged I'd expect absolutely tender fish, but it was tasty and well presented. Will go back, but on a weekday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great servicedrporscheDined on 3/8/2014We met some friends who had never been. We had a great dinner and they really enjoyed the atmosphere of being right on Atlantic Ave and watching all the sights go by. Really fun.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGTH!ZanneyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Fabulous food, sushi was amazing, oysters fabulous and the lobster and fish tacos out of this workd!Special Features:
- Fun experuenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014We were recommended to try & it held true To its referral. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceLoumDined on 3/1/2014The food is always very good and our server was excellent. We needed to be in and out quick to make a movie on a Saturday night in season and he made it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - Creative Seafood RestaurantCurlyDined on 2/28/2014All 3 of us ordered a different entree and we loved each of them! Our son had the gumbo and said he could happily have it every night of the week. Our waitress couldn't have been sweeter and there were many unique choices. We were absolutely delighted with the entire dinner. We always choose to sit outdoors because it gets quite noisy inside. Would highly recommend City Oyster to all our friends and relatives!!Special Features:
- On the AvenueChefbethVIPDined on 2/26/2014Another favorite place of ours along Atlantic Ave in Delray The freshest raw bar great selection and always delicious We love it here Best lobster rolls tooSpecial Features:
- Ocean City Hardware Now City OysterRobinVIPDined on 2/25/2014My granfather, Fred Benson was an early settler of Delray Beach, arriving around 1910. city Oyster used to be his hardware store, Ocean City Hardware with Ocean City Lumber Company behind it. The full bathroom and shower he installed is still on the mezzanine level. It was an old fashion hardware store with open bins of nails, bolts and screws and we used to run up and down the aisles as kids playing hide and seek. Robin RabornSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henderson reviewLeu2seafood1Dined on 2/23/2014Very nice ambiance , very upscale dining and excellent food and presentation. Definitely with a return visit and will recommended family and friends from across the country. This restaurant will be worth a weekly visit for my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and the not so goodcbaarghVIPDined on 2/22/2014Fish dip excellent, heavy handed with salt and butter in some of the other options. Tasty, but... yikes! Service was erratic, but the place was hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there multiple timesJAMOVIPDined on 2/18/2014Been there multiple times and very reliable food and serviceSpecial Features:
- One of Our favoritesEJB1Dined on 2/17/2014City Oyster is one of our favorites. eat location, good food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCaptVIPDined on 2/14/2014I had the sword fish and it was awesome and don't forget to try the oystersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchtomsDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had gotten reservations days in advance as we were visiting on Valentines day. The service was excellent, as our waiter Mike knew each entree and also knew a great deal about the beers being served. The sushi was fresh and well made and the mussels my wife ordered had an original flavor that we both loved to use for dipping as well. The manager or owver had stoppe dby and answered questions as well. We try and come here every year when we visit from Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!!Earnit3Dined on 2/13/2014Great restaurant -- Fav on Atlantic Ave!! Great food and wine and service is consistently excellent. Would highly recommend. Good and wine are great --- and service is consistently excellent from hostess to bartender to waitstaff. Love dining here with just my husband and with friends -- always great!!Special Features:
- Constantly ConsistentkataVIPDined on 2/11/2014All the tables are great tables - and the bar is always vibrant. The food is great with a nice variety and great specials also. The service matches the quality of the food because we have been here several times and always have a different server yet they are always very friendly. The servers check on your table enough that you don't ever have to look for them to replenish a drink or ask for something special yet they aren't in your face interrupting the conversation of the group. Love the Gumbo!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GNO Birthday PartiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014The server was excellent and the atmosphere was exactly what we needed to get the party started. The wine list was a good selection. The salmon was a little over cooked but the server was quick to take it off our bill. A very successful night and a great restaurant! We will go back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter very attentive. RestauranthoneyVIPDined on 2/8/2014Waiter very attentive. Restaurant inside too noisy. For younger than 60 may not care very active bar. Food was delicious I would go back and try sitting outside insteadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellentGaryDined on 2/7/2014Nothing to complain about, fair pricing, good menu, great food. Great place for single men.Special Features: