94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
8885 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.94thaerosquadron.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 560-6771
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - FRiday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: D.J. & Dancing on Fridays from 6:00 pm until 1:30 am. Singles Night with D.J. & Dancing on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Live Band July through October, every Thursday on the patios, 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm.
A word from 94th Aero Squadron - San Diego
For over 30 years, one of San Diego's landmark dining destinations and one of the most unique and memorable restaurants you will ever find. Located inside a replica of a World War I French farmhouse decorated with fascinating military memorabilia, antiques, and aviation relics, the restaurant overlooks Montgomery Field Airport, and has a cozy and romantic ambiance, with large stone fireplaces intimate booths, and beautiful views. The extensive menu features mid-western aged beef and the freshest seafood. Here you will find USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, slow-roasted Angus prime rib, succulent lobster tail, fresh fish, rack of lamb, veal, chicken, pasta dishes, and fabulous desserts. Their famous Champagne Brunch is currently the #1 Sunday Brunch in the city on AOL's CityGuide poll and is not to be missed. Beautiful outdoor patios, a very popular Happy Hour, and excellent banquet facilities help make the 94th Aero Squadron one of the great dining experiences in all of San Diego.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Kearny Mesa ›
94th Aero Squadron - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)great for brunch (72)neighborhood gem (58)scenic view (54)good for groups (53)romantic (52)great for outdoor dining (50)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (36)kid-friendly (24)notable wine list (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)Show More
- Amazing Foodsandiego1981Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I went here on a Sunday early evening. We were seated as soon as we go there and we had a great view out the back. We ordered a bottle of wine, due to the fact that it was half priced bottled on Sat/Sundays. We both ordered the Prime Rib and we weren't disappointed. Amazing. Perfectly cooked and a great temperature. The service was quick and nice. Recommended it to our friends and are planning on going back.Special Features:
- It was a great time!quiltingcandyDined on 5/25/2014We were celebrating my daughter's graduation from her Mater's program. We placed at a corner table and out of the way of other people walking by. The waitress was very attentive along with the other staff. We wanted for nothing and had a great time.Special Features:
- Foodie hideoutkenkneeDined on 5/24/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant, out of traffic offering great food for a great price. Wine selection is fantastic, especially their 50% any bottle of wine. Convenient locale from 4 corners of the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchCorporateLunchDined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our EVP's birthday at 94th Aero Squadron. It was a great experience due to a wonderful waitress named Lucy who was very entertaining and kept us laughing. She sang "Happy Birthday" and then stated if he wanted to ride in the stationary plane out front it would be $220. Of course, that lead to other comments from the group that kept the lunch very lighthearted after a busy week at the office. She kept our drinks filled at all times and checked on us often. The food was good and it was a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Could have been betterBettyeDined on 5/18/2014We had a reservation, though our table was not ready for 25 minutes. Walkins got seated faster than we did. Our Table cloth was very, very dirty, and the put napkins on it to cover it, but my area wasn't covered so I had to ask for another napkin. The champagne glasses were very, very dirty... Our Server hardly ever came back to our table to ask for more beverages we always had to find him. The food and atmosphere those is very good. No compliants about that. I guess it can't all be good.
- Great deal for brunchnaturefun2Dined on 5/18/2014We've had brunch at 94th Aero Squadron before and always enjoy it. This Sunday it seemed more crowded than usual. We were seated in a side room with lots of windows which was nice and that made it quieter than the main section of the restaurant. Because it was kind of crowded the food containers were empty more than they seemed to be in the past. All the same, we will go back...a great deal for brunch in San Diego!Special Features:
- Amazing service!PeteDined on 5/17/2014Have to say some of the best service I have ever received at a restaurant. Our server Michael was excellent in every way. I would definitely come back just for the service alone. The food was also excellent. Overall it was a wonderful experience and can't wait to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch & Great Dinners94thyummyDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I have been going to brunch and dinners here for years. The food is exceptional and the service is great! We have also attended several high school reunions at this location. The early flight dinners are also a fantastic deal. We recommend this restaurant for any occasion even if it is just to have a tasty and relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemCarlyVIPDined on 5/14/2014I really enjoyed dining at 94th Aero Squadron, the buffet was well priced at $11.99 and the service was very good. I look forward to dining at 94th Aero Squadron in the future.Special Features:
- Aero SqdnRedSoxFanVIPDined on 5/13/2014The chicken roulade was excellent as usual, and the 8oz new york steak was tender and flavorful. Bernaise on the side for the NY was my preferred way and the steak stood on its own for taste anyway. It was a beautiful clear evening at sunrise, thankfully before the fires of the next few days.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Since our one year anniversary to our 36th the 94th has not disappointed. Always a special dining experience. Great service and food with the best dining decor in the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014it was a perfect setting & ambience..we love the 94th..good food, good service, nice table setting, window seating is perfect, outdoor seating is good when warm weather & not so much wind...Special Features:
- Always so good.StuinSDVIPDined on 5/7/2014Six of us enjoyed dinner here this week.... and seriously we enjoyed ourselves. I've eaten here before; my guests were all new. Everyone was impressed. They have a good bar, the prime rib and the seafood dishes were excellent and their shrimp cocktail, perfection. I must point out that a couple times in the past the service here was just OK but that has changed. From being nicely greeted, quickly seated, and attended to so well during the evening.. perfect service. A special kudo to Michael, our waiter, as he was attentive, friendly, efficient and it seemed that he knew what we needed before we had to ask. A+ to Michael. Overall a fine evening out with my friends.Special Features:
- Husband's birthday dinnerdinnerDined on 5/6/2014We dined here for my husbands birthday. Overall I would say the experience was just okay. Our server, Rebecca, was nice enough, the soup was served lukewarm and there was no soup spoon with it. (I sent it back). She didn't check back with us to see if we wanted another drink, (we did), or bring silverware when she brought out our dessert. In short, she didn't make her call backs. We had to stop her and ask her for more coffee, drinks etc. We have been here many times before and the service was pretty amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedKilikinaDined on 5/4/2014I read the reviews and everyone thought the brunch was great so my family and I tried it. Totally not the case. The "hot food" was cold and dry. The crab legs were old and the cold shrimp was watery. The crepe station used frozen, pre-made creeps. To make matters worse, on the reservation I asked for 2 high chairs. I waited 3 minutes at our taxable and had to go back to the hostess stand to request for them AGAIN. When they did bring 1 high chair, it looked like it it was from 1980. I didn't feel comfortable using it for my 2 year old or my 4 year old.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch SpotTinaDined on 5/4/2014The food is very good. The service is the BEST! Our gal has been there 23 years and she is a gem!Special Features:
- Siblings Birthdaysfunfor4Dined on 5/3/2014My daughter and son enjoyed their birthday dinner with friends. Always have a great meal and time when dining at 94th! Looking forwar to returning soon! Ease of making the reservation on line is a real plus!Special Features:
- 94th Always WonderfulNancyvDined on 4/30/2014Besides good prices, great service and good food, there is a huge outdoor patio area for drinks or eating. There are many specials during the week including bringing your own wine with no corkage and Happy Hour featuring something different each day.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodiemotoeatsDined on 4/29/2014I love this restaurant, have been coming here for years, over 20 for sure. Still enjoy the food, I had salmon this time, not farm raised. My son had the Boneless Braised Short Ribs and loved it, I tried a bite and i liked it. Overall just a nice comfortable place to have a bite to eat and I still love the decor!! Rebecca, our waitress was outstanding, attentive to all our needs and one of our party was 30 mins late, no problem with Rebecca!!Special Features:
- RedSoxFanVIPDined on 4/28/2014Eddie was our server, and he made the night a really fun time. Very nice chicken dish with spinach, artichoke and cheese filling.
- A little tiredTriptitanDined on 4/28/2014This was my first time at 94th Aero Squadron. Time warp decor that puts you in Europe during the First World War. Plane parts hanging from the ceilings and bunkers outside. I think the theme is cool but dated. You can have a dated look but it just needs to be freshened up. The lunch buffet was $11.99 and sounded good but I don't eat that much anymore especially during lunch when I have to go back to work. If guess this style of restaurant works for them just not for me.Special Features:
- BrunchCbernardDined on 4/27/2014You can smell the ham and bacon in the parking lot. Great variety of food. To hv 4choices at carving station is unusual. Maybe add sone has browns to their menu? Great placeSpecial Features:
- So so great!JanaBDined on 4/27/2014Cheryl was terrific, she kept up on our mimosas and was so wonderfully friendly. Maritza the hostess sat us immediately and was also nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2014Our poor waiter had sooooo many problems.......more interested in his appearance than our service...bus boy excellent.....so many interuptions by our waiter...does not make for a good dining experience.......SADI would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantBaMBaM42Dined on 4/22/2014I first heard about this place from a friend talking and immediately looked it up and made a reservation and I was not disappointed. The food was so good, I had the Salmon and my boyfriend had the swordfish. I love the decor of the restaurant and all of the planes! I definitely want to come back to try the Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Experience fabulous food!MouseClubDined on 4/20/2014it had been years since anyone in our group of 8 had dined at Aero Squadron, and boy did we miss not visiting this place on a regular basis. we all met at the bar for dinner reservations at 5:00 on Easter. Our bartender was playful and took good care of all of us. We got to experience the ombience of it all. We all were so impressed with the decorations that adorn each room. This place is so cool can't say enough GOOD about it. Our server was so delightful, we interacted with her, she quickly became one of our group. The food was so home-cooked and tasty, this is certain to be one of all our favorites from now on. We all loved the plate each ordered and got to see eight different meals, all so great. Thanks Aero squadron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014Easter Sunday dining after buffet can be challenging for any restaurant due to the change between buffet and regular restaurant service. We were seated just a few minutes late. Our server, Kelly, was up to the task but a little harried as lots of customers to handle at 5 pm. Food was well prepared and arrived in a timely manner despite the many diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerRetiredButWorkingVIPDined on 4/20/2014A bit longer wait than normal, but we got a table in the bar and just had a pre-dinner drink. Service was outstanding with great timing, refills on drinks and just warm friendly service. We forgot our leftover box on the table, the waitress ran out to the parking lot to catch us, what a sweet heart she was. Food very good, but steaks were a bit over done. The Early Flight dinner is listed as not being available on holidays, but Aero went ahead and gave us the normal lower prices...how nice is that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our reservation was for 4:30pm and we checked in at 4:15. While waiting to be seated we noticed people being seated who had checked in after our party. One group was greeted by the server as a friend and seated immediately. Other groups were being seated when I approached the hostess and mentioned that we had already checked in and were still waiting to be seated. She and another woman found our group in the computer and had us escorted to a table. I don't know if our name was called since a PA system wasn't being used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGeneDined on 4/19/2014Best French Onion soup around! A must-have on every visitSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014The ambiance, food and service were great. Enjoyed items on the menu that we wouldn't have ordinarily tried.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014My wife and I dined at the 94th aero had a wonderful time, the food was great and the staff was great. Would recommend this restaurant to every one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday wiith friendscharlieDined on 4/17/2014Everything went well until Dinner was served our baked potatoes were bad, my wife's was immediately replaced. I was not able to discover mine was rotted on the end, until I had eaten half of it. The potato was immediately replaced. Problems happen at times. The rest of the evening went very well, service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are on vacation as a familygtwinsDined on 4/13/2014We are on vacation as a family of 5, with a couple of picky eaters, makes it difficult to find the perfect place to go that has a variety to make all happy. 94th aero squadron did just that. The food was delicious and no complaints from the picky eaters. The kids loved watching the air strip with the different planes that took off and landed. I thought at first it would be loud with the planes, and was pleasantly suprised to find it quiet that you could have a nice family conversation. All the little nick naks in the restaurant added to the Ambience. Our waiter, George, was great. Very friendly,even helped us located a spot to visit that we could not remember the name . We went after eating, thanks George!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sunday brunch is to die formzmooreDined on 4/6/2014If you are looking for great food in a casual atmospher, this is the place for you. With so much to choose from, you will leave there with the itis!! LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPudnickDined on 4/5/2014I proposed to my wife here 32 years ago and it is still great. I am not going to wait for another 32 years to go back. The food was excellent, the service was top notch and the ambience was perfect. Now I know why I chose this place to propose to my wife. I will recommend this location to all my friends and family. It would be a great place to have a wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic diningtappingtothestarsDined on 4/4/2014My wife and I both enjoy the Aero Sqaudon as it maintains the atmosphere and standing missing in today's society of fast-food/generic theme park establishments. It is a restaraunt for a higher class evening out and practical as well. I don't know how they retainthe professional level staff, but I'm always happy to see the folks with whom I've become familiar. I'm always impressed with the staff whether it is the host, waiter, server or cook, who has sometimes demonstarted interest by visiting the table. The restaraunt is excellant, the food is consistantly good and an excellant value in the Early-Flight offering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2014Our dining experience overall was OK, but not quite as good as usual. The service seemed a little rushed, and the food just wasn't quite as good as in past visits. The prime rib was less tender, and the mashed potatoes were dry. We have enjoyed celebrating special occasions there in the past, but our anniversary dinner this time didn't completely live up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an unusual scenic view.PennyVIPDined on 4/2/2014It's an unusual scenic view. It's of Montgomery Field airport. It's fun to watch planes takeoff and land without all the noise. The restaurant is decorated inside and out to look like a WWI French farm house. It's lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to returning soontime4sunsetDined on 3/31/2014Great food, service and ambiance. Menu offers a variety of appetizers , salads and entrees at reasonable prices. Our group of 7 adults had nothing but positive comments about the food and the charming atmosphere. We ordered from the Early Flight menu that is available from 4 pm - 6 pm. It included Soup or salad, coffee or tea and a dessert. Four of us ordered prime rib, and the others had steak, fish or chicken. . All were very pleased with everything ordered.. Great margaritas, too! We appreciated the attentive but not overbearing service. Another plus--the noise level was low and we could easily converse during dinner. We plan to return soon. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.