359 Columbus Ave at 77th Street
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.isabellas.com/
- Phone: 2127242100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For large groups, semi-private dining and restaurant buyouts, contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: 77th Street
- Public Transit: A, B, C & D trains to 80th Street/Central Park West, and 1 train to 79th Street. M10 bus on Columbus Ave and 77th Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking and public lots available. Closest public lot is between Amsterdam and Broadway on 77th Street.
A word from Isabella's
A faithful neighborhood favorite, Isabella’s has been an Upper West Side institution for over two decades, a hit with locals and celebrities alike. Isabella’s defines Upper West Side dining with reliable market-fresh offerings for the Mediterranean palate. From birthdays to celebratory brunches, many a memories have been made at Isabella’s and continue unfolding at this “oasis for an unrushed, delicious meal,” according to Zagat. When the weather’s pleasant, grab a sidewalk seat in the café for a classic New York Brunch filled with people-watching, benedicts and Bloody Marys. Indulge your sweet tooth in a Chocolate Bag, a dessert staple that’s been on the menu since opening day!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Isabella's reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)neighborhood gem (134)great for brunch (86)great for lunch (80)special occasion (66)fit for foodies (56)romantic (46)good for groups (44)kid-friendly (40)hot spot (25)late-night find (23)scenic view (16)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Food and service were greatMannyLDined on 6/14/2014Really good restaurant. The food was excellent. The service was exceptional. And, prices were very reasonable considering the quality of food and the location.Special Features:
- sanadyeatsDined on 6/12/2014We have eaten here a few times and it never disappoints. Interesting menu, accommodating kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience at IsabellasfoodluverDined on 6/12/2014My daughter (20) and I enjoyed a lovely meal at Isabellas. We had dined there on a previous visit to New York City and made sure to come back on this trip. The food is excellent, the service was great and the Chocolate Bag was simply divine! I would recommend Isabellas to anyone who wants to enjoy a very nice meal in a lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Thank you Isabella's2celebratethegradDined on 6/12/2014Michael our waiter made it a very special celebration for our son James... From the champagne toast to the chocolate and strawberry desert... Thank you Michael and Isabella's Restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 4 drinks and light fare.LCdinerVIPDined on 6/9/2014Their "Sunset" menu is perfect. I have nothing else to say.Special Features:
- Fresh Food and Beautiful AtmosphereYummyDined on 6/8/2014I read a YELP review and decided to try Isabellas. Our friends were in NYC from out of town and I live in NJ. This place was a great find. The help was smiling and friendly, the food was interesting and fresh yet not so different that regular palates would have difficulty finding something appealing. We even ordered dessert which was the Brownie Sundae and it was terrific. I highly recommend the Sauza Blueberry Cocktail at the bar, really different and tasty. I would make this a destination even if I was not looking for something in this part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly 20 years of loveIsaGDined on 6/7/2014From my very first visit when I was a child to taking my boyfriend for dinner last weekend, Isabella's has always exceeded expectations with the food and excellent service. I will continue to return to one of my absolute favorite NYC gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IsabellaMaruzellaVIPDined on 6/7/2014We came back to this restaurant after a long absence and it is still just as we remember it: The service was very friendly and attentive , the food just delicious and the whole experience was remarkable! We were even pleasantly surprised by the normal range of prices of every dish! Truly a neighborhood gem but also worth the trip from wherever you are :)Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemKSaxVIPDined on 6/7/2014I've been to Isabella's several times. First time I came here was over 12yrs ago for a special occasion. Now that I live in the neighborhood, I eat here regularly as well as special occasions. Food is consistently good. staff is professional and attentive. Vibe is non pretentious and there is something on the menu for everyone. It is easy and everyone I have gone with always leaves happy. I especially appreciated the host making my request for outdoor seating happen as you cannot reserve a table outside. Isabella's is great. Will be back!Special Features:
- Super friendly waiter to 10yo sisLove2dineDined on 6/7/2014I took my 10-year old sister here for an early dinner between her dance rehearsals and was glad I did! The food was wonderful and the waiter was superb! He saw her struggling with the lobster tail from across the room and came over with an advice on how to get it off the shell without making her feel embarrassed about it because he actually talked her through it. I highly appreciate it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongNewyorkerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Hi - we enjoyed Isabella's as much as ever except for the service. The pastas were excellent. tables seated 40 minutes after us were served their entrees while we still waited so we asked our server about the wait. She explained that since we ordered freSh pasta our wait was longer than other mains! She obviously doesn't know much about cooking. It is beat not to make up a response if one is not known! We waited Another 15 minutes and finally were served. Poor service takes a Away from an otherwise very good dining experience.Special Features:
- tried and truecurlynycDined on 6/6/2014You can always count on Isabella's...it's reliable and good.Special Features:
- My kind of placeAndy2008Dined on 6/5/2014The first tome I step into Isabella' s was 6 years ago and I felt in love with the place. I only visit the place on special occasions, because for me is that kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- binkman3Dined on 6/5/2014Perfect setting for friends or business meals. Lovely ambiance, good menu, very nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.Food4thoughtDined on 6/5/2014I especially enjoyed the crab cakes and the dessert called Chocolate Bag. The restaurant is elegant yet very comfortable. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- averagekitkatDined on 6/5/2014Main highlight is they take reservations for brunch. Menu is so so , outdoor seating is abundant, dog friendly,Special Features:
- always goodjoeeaDined on 6/4/2014I have been going to Isabelle from the day they opened this restaurant. The service is always perfect, and they always welcome you when you come in and thank you when you leave. Their food is very good and they offer enough choices that you will always find something you may like. Go visit, and you will agree with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!NPPTDined on 6/4/2014My first time at this restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The Spring Pea Ravioli was delicious as was the Lemon Sorbet for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014This is a great restaurant with food and serve to beat all, and at a reasonable price. We make it a policy to go there on each visit to New York.Special Features:
- Great for a PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014We celebrated my mother's 88th birthday at the restaurant. The staff could not have been more gracious or accommodating and made this a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable and Deliciouspaul22204Dined on 5/25/2014Several New York City locations, all conveniently located. Great staff and great food at a good price. Always a pleasure to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1051 reviews are from the Isabella's reviews archive.
- Wonderful eveningkkmoDined on 5/23/2014Delicious food in a lovely setting. Great service, terrific value. Upper West Side treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was surprisingly disappointingVeterandinerDined on 5/22/2014Having enjoyed the food and service at Isabella's for many years, my most recent visit was very disappointing. The Maryland crab cake sandwich (a pricey $17!) was rather greasy, tasteless and small, and served with only a smattering of greens. Hardly a lunch! My friend's chicken wrap was equally small and non-descript. Service was very friendly and accommodating, as usual. The price of the tea we drank was also jacked up to ridiculous levels.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutVIPDined on 5/22/2014We were there for lunch. Everything on the menu sounded great. Omlette special and fries was amazing! So was the Bloody Mary! Service was wonderful and so not rushed! Def a place to go back to!!Special Features:
- Good for Parent's in TownBWM6186VIPDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I live nearby and prefer downtown for dinners out but Isabella's is a great UWS spot when the parents are in town as it is a bit more quiet for dinner. We all had fish and everything was delicious. I had the artichoke starter that I loved as well. The service is more old school - they let you take your time and cater to a wider age range than 'trendier' places.Special Features:
- "Checkpoint Charlie"VIRGINIAJOSEDined on 5/21/2014Some members of my family decided to meet in New York. Each of us came from different parts of the world and also from US. We tried to combine our activities and we have just one lunch to celebrate together. Do you know which was the restaurant where we met? Yes, Isabella's. It was like Checkpoint Charlie in II World War in Berlin (the famous point where American soldiers and many other people met each other), but in our favorite city, NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambianceUpForGoodFoodDined on 5/18/2014We were a group of 7--always awkward--and had a marvellous time. Mahi mahi was fabulous on our end of the table, but appetizers not worth the effort--just not interesting (calamari, artichoke salad, crab cakes). We chose it because we've always had a good time and wanted a family celebration, and it was, again. Wait staff just right-a little old fashioned polite and not obsequious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Is Not What It WasDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014We used to go to Isabella's quite often --we liked it alot. Then over the years we just stopped and then when back Saturday before a NYC Ballet Performance. We found the menu short with few options. The service was very inattentive. No one to refill water glasses, or our wine glasses or replace our used silverware. And the fine was just OK.
- what happened to Isabella's??Kay2VIPDined on 5/16/2014We have eaten here many times over the years, our son even waited tables one summer. But Friday night's dinner was awful for me. The kale salad was tasteless and the branzino overcooked and super dry. Even the Zinfandel we ordered (not their fault but enthusiastically championed by our waitperson as a personal favorite) was below par for $55. What is going on at BR Guest restaurants? Several months back we had another disappointing meal at Atlantic Grill. I think I am done with this group.
- friday night dinnerlocal76thstreetDined on 5/16/2014some dishes suffered from overcooking, while others were spot-on. consistency of preparation should remain a goal and must be enforced by the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from Start to Finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and especially noticed how efficient and personable the male host Marc was. The food was very good. We went with a selection of small plates as opposed to the entrees. A few highlights were the Tuscan kale salad, leek soup, meatballs and the margherita flatbread. Additionally, our server Bianca was very helpful and pleasant. It's refreshing to see such great, humble service in NYC. She answered any questions we had and was always nearby to replenish a drink or clear our plates. We would absolutely return to Isabella's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Love Isabella'salfresco44Dined on 5/15/2014Good food, great service, and very pretty restaurant. Our waitress was attentive to our individual requests. No one rushed us out...was a lovely birthday lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was delightfully attentiveJfromCTDined on 5/12/2014Went with a hesitation as it was a friends birthday and she is a foodie. We were pleasantly surprised by the wine and relatively small but varied menu. Everyone went for the strip and filet steaks which were not fussy and cooked to perfection. Deserts were great. Crème bruele was not top notch but was eaten entirely. We found the service to be outstanding. From the moment we walked in we were attended to by a polite hostess, friendly bartender who actually paid attention to what people wanted and made sure they got what they ordered with a smile and a seasoned waitress who took great care and pride in her service. We did not feel rushed and happy that our dinner turned out to be memorable one; we will all happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodNytymomDined on 5/10/2014The food is very delicious, the wine is great, dessert was perfect and the cappacino was gratifying. You can't go wrong with this place and that's why I took my picky food critic parents there. They also seated us on time at this very busy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputationuppereastsiderVIPDined on 5/8/2014Came here for a weeknight dinner, needing an easy place on the UWS. I can see why this place is a well-loved standard: the pasta made good use of spring vegetables, the steaks were ably prepared, service was pleasant and efficient, place not noisy. Strange butter concoction was the closest thing to a glitch. I wish the UES had something more like this, it would be a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decling West Side restaurantVictorGDined on 5/3/2014We've been going to Isabella's since it opened and have often found it to be a nice neighborhood restaurant, nothing fancy, just nice. But I was disappointed when we joined our friends there recently. The waiter was completely distracted, he could not get our drinks order correct, in fact he had to come back and ask again. Then he served my friend the wrong drink...three times. WTF? She was very nice to the waiter but I would have been much more demanding and far less patient. The appetizers were just OK but the main courses left a lot to be desired, I didn't finish mine and I usually eat everything. They didn't refill our water or bread basket and they didn't provide pepper or cheese for the pasta, we had to ask. A major decline.
- Great food, Great serviceJerseylovesNYCdinngDined on 5/3/2014Another fine experience at a wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious once again. My one friend loves to come here for the salmon. The passion fruit cosmo was like drinking liquid candy. All three courses flowed because the service was excellent. Our server checked on us at appropriate times and we never felt rushed. It was the perfect start to a nice evening in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteGeorgie1Dined on 5/2/2014This is a true New York institution. The menu rotation and selection is superb. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uwsdaveVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had a nice dinner at Isabella's as they were accommodating to us having an infant and the menu had many great choices. Every time we go, we like the variety of choices and service is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always specialJeanetteDined on 4/28/2014going to Isabella's is a treat for us when we visit Manhattan-- which is about 6 times per year. whether we sit outside and enjoy the passing scene or inside in the lovely setting. we always enjoy ourselves with very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.