Dos Caminos - SoHo
475 West Broadway at Houston Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - SoHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 2122774300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ordering for a large group? Consider our Catering Menu, available for parties of 10 or more. Contact us for a menu and to place a pick up or delivery order.
Full service off site catering can also be accommodated. Contact our Special Events Department at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com for further information.
- Special Events: In the heart of Soho, Dos Caminos on the corner of West Broadway and Houston provides it all: a great location, open air cafe, killer margaritas and truly great guac! Available for full and partial restaurant shutdowns or group dining. Accommodates 15-120 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: Houston Street
- Public Transit: A, C & E trains to West 4th Street, N, R & W trains to Prince Street, 6 train to Bleecker Street, F & V trains to Broadway/Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Several public lots in the area. Closest one is on Mercer between Houston and Prince. Street parking also available.
A word from Dos Caminos - SoHo
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - SoHo reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (55)hot spot (29)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (21)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (18)late-night find (13)romantic (12)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Excellent service and food.CranfordfoodDined on 7/12/2009Excellent service and food. Very energetic and on top of our needs. Would definately recommend it especially for large parties.Special Features:
- I had dined at Dos CaminosAliCatNYCDined on 7/11/2009I had dined at Dos Caminos before and made dinner reservations because I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. I was happy that they were able to accommodate me when I moved my reservation up an hour and half; however, the table they gave me was so poor that it spoiled my entire experience. The service was attentive and friendly and the food and drinks were very good; however, dining at a claustrophobic table against the wall next to the waiters' station and the kitchen ruined my experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous guacamole and fromOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/4/2009Fabulous guacamole and from cocktails. Love weekend brunch menu. Great SoHo shopping break.Special Features:
- Food was good...but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2009Food was good...but service was weak. Waiter was annoying and kept coming back to ask if we wanted to order guacamole even though we had ordered it already. He was a little intense and not very attentive.Special Features:
- The signature guacamole wasjpeteDined on 7/1/2009The signature guacamole was not up to snuff and the food was so-so, this time. The waitstaff seemed in a bit of disarray. it took forever to get the check!
- Loved it! Don't know why we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2009Loved it! Don't know why we've never tried this restaurant after six years of living in NYC. Always heard amazing things, but never wanted the long wait time to eat. Realized they take reservations to make dining more enjoyable and less stressful! Everything was perfect. Could not have been a better dining experience!Special Features:
- The Guacamole was superb howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2009The Guacamole was superb however it all went a bit downhill from there....entrees were 'ok' and the hot peach cobbler special for dessert was served cold...twice! The waiter was very friendly and apologised for the poor food - we would go back but not with high hopes for the food. Good atmosphere and fun place to go for a night out (but not for a foodie!)Special Features:
- Definitely a step down inOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/21/2009Definitely a step down in quality from the Park Avenue location.
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2009This was my first time at the SoHo location. Overall the restaurant is fantastic. The table side guacamole was delicious (I could have licked the bowl clean!!) our drinks and entrees were also superb. Our waiter was helpful and attentive. We sat outside, which was nice as well. anytime I come back to NYC, I'm going to make a point to go to Dos Caminos!Special Features:
- We had a great waiter (Robert)OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/9/2009We had a great waiter (Robert) who was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable. Had a wonderful attitude. He is a keeper.Special Features:
- it took over half an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/31/2009it took over half an hour to get served. It was "brunch" and there was no reason to take so long to get our food. Finally it came, and it was good, but the wait was not pleasant. There was nothing offered at the beginning of the meal (like chips and salsa). It seems that restaurants are getting "skimpy" on this factor.
- LUV THE FOOD DRINKS AND WAITERHellokittyDined on 5/29/2009LUV THE FOOD DRINKS AND WAITER WAS SO CUTE!! luv the outside dining area, inside too small for the noise level. much prefer the outside.Special Features:
- Dos Caminos came highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2009Dos Caminos came highly recommended by a NYC native. The guacamole was outstanding -- our favorite. Every dish was remarkable!Special Features:
- Have been here many times.mocoVIPDined on 5/23/2009Have been here many times. Thanks for joining opentable. Great overall experience as usual. Waiter exceptionally good this time. Food was very good. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Food is good and a table outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2009Food is good and a table outside on a nice nite is greatSpecial Features:
- food was tasty but serverOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/16/2009food was tasty but server was a little off-putting. he would forget to bring requested items, such as salt. and he made up a lame excuse for why he did not offer the chips and salsa to which every table is entitled.Special Features:
- One of the singularly worstOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2009One of the singularly worst service experiences I have had. Even with a reservation we were seated in the far back corner of the restaurant and the restaurant was almost completely empty (we were early as we were hoping to get an outside table and it was the only time available on Open Table). It took forever to get someone to take a drink order, then forever to get the drinks, then forever to get someone to take a dinner order, etc. I will not go back.Special Features:
- The outdoor patio lends itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2009The outdoor patio lends itself to a reasonably quiet business lunch conversationSpecial Features:
- You can't beat the margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2009You can't beat the margaritas and guacamole at dos caminos. both are AMAZING. as for anything else...you can definitely find better mexican food.Special Features:
- Our server was very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009Our server was very good! He knew exactly what he was doing. We enjoyed our meal very much.Special Features:
- I have had dinner there beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/10/2009I have had dinner there before and have enjoyed the food more. Brunch was a bit of a let down. The food was very average and not exceptional in any way. The prices were good and the wait staff great but the kitchen was slower than slow and it took a long time for our food. They were great about kids and offer a kids menu and crayons to colorSpecial Features:
- We were seated immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2009We were seated immediately during a very busy brunch. There were a lot of guests but I felt like I was the only one!! Great service great food!!Special Features:
- Everything was great withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2009Everything was great with the excpetion of the fact that everyone needed to bump into our table/chairs since it was positioned very closely to the other tables. I would rather have less tables in the outside garden than feeling cramped and bumped into while eating.Special Features:
- Amazing food and outstandingAndyDined on 5/9/2009Amazing food and outstanding service. Their Tequila list was extensive and the Brunch was to die for. We couldn't have been happier with the other all Experience.Special Features:
- Our food was lukewarm. ItAtxkatDined on 5/8/2009Our food was lukewarm. It all seemed overdone. I wish it would be a little simpler. Our waiter was very friendly. The bar service (time from drink order to table) was way too slow and I was brought a can of beer with a warm glass to put it in. For the price and the food, we will not return to a Dos CaminosSpecial Features:
- One of the waiters was GREAT,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2009One of the waiters was GREAT, but the other ones were annoying and filled with BAD attitude. That fact alone was the evening spoiler; we were all having fun, but when the waiters start acting like they are too good to be waiting tables, that's just BAD!Special Features:
- Great place and with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2009Great place and with a great atmosphare, food is also good.Special Features:
- bartender was attentive, theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2009bartender was attentive, the mgr asked how everything was he cared about our dinning experience.Special Features:
- I have eaten at the otherflavacrispVIPDined on 4/25/2009I have eaten at the other Dos Caminos on 3rd Ave. I think the food at this one is even better, and has better menu options. It definitely gets crowded, so if you are looking for a quiet romantic meal, this is not the place. Dining out on the patio is awesome, but next time I think I will check out the interior and sit inside.Special Features:
- First time at Dos CaminosOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2009First time at Dos Caminos - was recommended by a friend. We LOVED it! Food and atmosphere was incredible!Special Features:
- The food was great, but theJBDCVIPDined on 4/24/2009The food was great, but the experience was undermined somewhat by the determination to squeeze as many people into the space as possible -- and then some! I would return, but only during an "off peak" time (no more Friday nights there)!Special Features:
- The food was ok. I was notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2009The food was ok. I was not that impressed. The service could have been better, but once again I was not that impressed. Their deserts were the best things on the menu.Special Features:
- The guacamole and red sangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/17/2009The guacamole and red sangria are amazing, but overpriced. The entrees were very dissappointing :(Special Features:
- food not to expectations althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2009food not to expectations although some winners (guac)Special Features:
- known for their guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2009known for their guacamole and tequila. guacamole was not memorable but tequilas were fun - def ask waiter for suggestions if you feel at all lost. scallops were really good though - cooked perfectly.Special Features: