Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
2780 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: 303-322-9554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Thursday - Saturday 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday from 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for Details
- Private Party Contact: Jesse Slaughter 3033329554
- Entertainment: Hapa Life - Service Industry Night on Sundays from 9:00- 11:00 pm. We serve our regular happy hour during Hapa Life.
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (11)special occasion (9)romantic (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We had great tasting food.asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013We had great tasting food.as always the food was great. We are huge fans of the happy hour and doing more late lunches and early dinners to enjoy more foods.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2013The waitstaff was exceptional. Food delivery flowed well. Downside, A bit noisy and the tables are really close to one another so conversations can be overhead by everyone around you.Special Features:
- This place is very loud andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013This place is very loud and teeny tiny. The staff was friendly though. I was dissapointed in the sushi. Their sashimi was sliced really thick which I didn't care for and the rolls I got had a mayo based sauce I also didn't like. The Monkey Brains was pretty good though. All in all, a good place for meeting friends at night.Special Features:
- Miso was tasty, sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2013Miso was tasty, sushi was delicious, we were accommodated for our larger party without a problem (ended up having one more person show up), we were told about drink specials. I have been going here for years. I have other sushi spots that edge it out a little bit, but overall this place is great and in a good location.Special Features:
- it was good. i wish they hadRFoody24Dined on 3/13/2013it was good. i wish they had more rolls besides the norm. nothing adventurous or really outside the box
- Delicious as always. We cameMeltayDined on 3/3/2013Delicious as always. We came during Restaurant Week and probably ordered too much food, but it was great all the same.Special Features:
- Great, great food,good serviceDenverdinerDined on 2/25/2013Great, great food,good service and fun atmosphere. If you like good sushi and Japanese cusine this a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Meh ... Nothing specialGoFortheSproutsDined on 2/22/2013First, unless you drive a Smart Car, don't try their "parking lot" beneath the restaurant. Very tight, very sloped, one way in/out. I found the spaces too small for my standard size car and the whole thing tough to manouver. The restaurant was meh all around. The staff was friendly enough but scattered (oh, you ordered Miso? Let me go get that after the sushi arrived.) They had a whole gluten-free menu for my very sensitive friend, but then the sushi chef got non-gluten free sauce on the gluten-free pieces, rendering them inedible to my friend. The waiter noticed and pointed it out but didn't offer to get new ones. The sushi was ok but nothing special.
- I love Hapa's, but unfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013I love Hapa's, but unfortunately for us there was a group who brought in their 2 small children at 7pm. They let the screaming kids run around, which meant the two girls spent most of it hanging over the small dividing wall next to us and basically joining our dinner. Every once in a while a parent looked over to see the uncomfortable look on our faces and would yell something at one of the girls, who screamed in return, ran around and then eventually hung back over our wall. They left right as we decided we had also had enough. It was not the usual, intimate dinner date that we're used to at Hapa's, and I understand they can't really turn people with children away but a manager did not sweep by once to try and calm the situation.Special Features:
- I had wanted to visit HapaAWPTeresaDined on 2/15/2013I had wanted to visit Hapa for some time. We had a reservation, which I recommend for the Cherry Creek location as it was quite busy it was fairly noisy as well and wear your sweater on a cold night as the cold air comes in from outside everytime the door opens and we were away from the door. It took a while before we saw our waiter, but he extremely nice and attentive once he came. The rolls had fun names and although tasty, weren't rolled tight enough. The pieces fell apart too easy. We thought the prices were a little on the high side as well. We might try the South location next time as it is larger and our friends seem to like it.
- Great service and food. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great service and food. Would recommend to someoneSpecial Features:
- We went on a holiday (Valentines)OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013We went on a holiday (Valentines) and as expected, it was packed. We had reservations for 7:30 and got there a few minutes before hand. We were told they had a few tables that were just finishing up and we'd be seated soon. While waiting, more and more people came in(with reservations) and were told to please wait in the back lounge area. When we were seated (30 minutes later), the lounge was completely packed (not even standing room). Once seated, the food came out pretty quickly. We had the salmon Taro Poke (good, but the cake part could have been smaller), 69 roll (bad... just mushy and no real flavor. WAY too much cream cheese), dragon roll (good, but sort of meh), and the shrimp tempura roll (ok). I recommend the a Anago nigiriSpecial Features:
- Good evening,good friends,good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013Great evening with group of friends. Lots of good food options. Very accommodating with same day increase of group size. Tables were a little small and close together. Overall was a great time!Special Features:
- Good food, service and abiance.semleonVIPDined on 2/5/2013I really enjoyed it here. Loved their specialty rolls and the sashimi was quite fresh. This particular day the special Hapa beer (apparently brewed just for them) was an IPA. A rice based IPA? Really? Yes, and it was actually pretty good. The ambiance felt modern and trendy. I like it here.Special Features:
- My first time there. Service,SharonaVIPDined on 1/30/2013My first time there. Service, Asian cocktails and sushi excellent. Loved the miso soup. The variety of sushi is amazing. Try the CA roll wrapped in smoked salmon...mmm!Special Features:
- Love this place! However,ToniVIPDined on 1/15/2013Love this place! However, our waiter this time was as dumb as a box of rocks. (Example- Me: Is that tuna or salmon the table next to us has? Waiter: The Red stuff? Oh jees.)Special Features:
- Place was too crowded, tablesBethcannon90Dined on 1/11/2013Place was too crowded, tables were very close together. I've been to far better sushi restaurants that are more variety and bang for your buck. Some of the sushi tasted fishy, which it shouldn't
- I have visited all of theFoodieFanVIPDined on 12/30/2012I have visited all of the Hapa Sushi locations in the Denver metro area and Boulder and have enjoyed the wonderful sushi selections at all of them. Cherry Creek is centrally located between my family members so it is the location I visit most often. The appetizers, especially the magic mushrooms (no mushrooms but warm salmon shaped like a mushroom) are great and we selected a large assortment of rolls, my personal favorites are the salmon/avocado roll and salmon sashimi. Look forward to returning here many, many times in the coming year!Special Features:
- It was very there and theSvetaVIPDined on 12/24/2012It was very there and the whole place had a mood of a fast food place. Every time somebody checked on us (water etc), it was a different person. Tempura was OK, specialty sushi was pretty bad (just bad combination of components). Maybe more traditional rolls or sashimi was better but we did not try.
- Very average sushi. RollsRbaizaDined on 12/21/2012Very average sushi. Rolls were creative yet lacked flavor. There are many other quality sushi locations in Denver.
- Second HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012It is a rare occasion that me & my honey can get a DATE NIGHT w/ two toddler aged children... When we do we typically go to Sushi Den, but I wanted to explore other sushi restaurants for the first time since a co-worker recommended Hapa. Now I have been to the one in Boulder like 10 years ago, but it didn't compare to my recent experience at Hapa in Cherry Creek. I booked my reservations thru Open Table for 8pm, we arrived like 7:45 and we were sitted right on time! The ambiance was romantical ;) soft lighting, comfortable partial booth seating, and our waiter was very attentive. Of course to save the best for last, the sushi was delish. I would definetly recommend this location and I think I will make this my second sushi spot.Special Features:
- Not so good anymoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2012It has been a long time since I have been there - frankly, I remember it to be great, but the sushi was really not that great - it was just average. I probably won't go back again.
- Hapa has a wonderful & variedSchneitmVIPDined on 12/3/2012Hapa has a wonderful & varied menu. However, I greatly appreciate that I can easily eat vegetarian and gluten-free there. They have numerous options even on their gluten-free menu and are very accommodating.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been backmitreboxDined on 12/1/2012My wife and I have been back to Hapa Sushi several times and have never been disappointed. We live just East of the Hogback and it's a long drive for food, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Hapa is my favorite in Denver.KellyVIPDined on 11/24/2012Hapa is my favorite in Denver. I love the atmosphere along with the food. Look forward to my next meal at Hapa!Special Features:
- Not its usually self, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Not its usually self, service what unexplainable lags and some of fish not as firm or tastey as expected.Special Features:
- Sushi, edamame and hipstersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Small, very loud, filled w hipsters...excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Best sashimiAnonVIPDined on 10/31/2012Americanized sushi, but very good nonetheless. Fun waitstaff. Stick with the sashimi, some of the very best in Denver, if not the very best.Special Features:
- We love hapa everytime. ServicekhkhVIPDined on 10/19/2012We love hapa everytime. Service and food are fantastic and properly timed. Return customer for years!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in Cherry CreekotrateVIPDined on 10/18/2012Excellent selection of sushi and other offerings. Quality of preparation is consistently good. Waitstaff is professional and attentive.
- 1 yr anniversary at HapaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012For our 1 year anniversary, Hapa made my husband and I remember what it was like to receive 5 star service again like we did on our honeymoon. The staff paid great attention to detail; every server/host made sure to wish us a happy anniversary. And we received a 2 glasses of champagne dressed with a strawberry on the house! Their recommendations for food and sake were spot on. So good! Thanks Hapa! We'll be back soon. VanessaSpecial Features:
- Love the tuna Nachos and theChrisDined on 9/28/2012Love the tuna Nachos and the kids peanut butter and jelly "roll"!Special Features:
- Poor service overall, notBillDined on 9/21/2012Poor service overall, not very romantic not a good date spot.
- The food is consistent andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2012The food is consistent and it is a good place for a casual meal. Take out if also consistent. The ambiance isn't all that great and service is fair for such a small restaurant. It would be better if the staff cared more.
- Super tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012Amazing! One of the best sushi places in Denver, surrounded by a very hip/chick neighborhood of Cherry Creek North. Good service, modern decor, nothing bad to say reallySpecial Features:
- Fantastic happy hour, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012The food was fantastic! The happy hour specials were worth the early dining! Our waiter was spot on!Special Features:
- This was our third or fourthmitreboxDined on 9/8/2012This was our third or fourth visit and we'll be back for more. It's a half hour drive but well worth it. Food is great, fresh and clean. Gluten free menu for my wife. Happy hour every day. What more can one ask for?Special Features:
- Excellent sushiotrateVIPDined on 8/25/2012Best sushi in Cherry Creek. Hapa has consistently great sushi offerings that are well prepared and beautifully presented. Bowls and other menu items are nicely done as well for those who do not like sushi. Recommended.
- Very good Shushi and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012Very good Shushi and drinks. We had an enjoyable evening.
- This was the first time eitherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012This was the first time either of us had gone to Hapa Sushi. Appetizers were great, especially for half price at happy hour. However, the sushi was extremely disappointing. The rice was entirely too dry to the point of being crunchy which added a very unappetizing texture to the rolls. Both the Rock 'n Roll and 69 Roll were also pretty bland.