Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
2780 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hapasushi.com/
- Phone: 303-322-9554
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Thursday - Saturday 10:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday from 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Hawaiian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Call for Details
- Private Party Contact: Jesse Slaughter 3033329554
- Entertainment: Hapa Life - Service Industry Night on Sundays from 9:00- 11:00 pm. We serve our regular happy hour during Hapa Life.
A word from Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek
The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar - Cherry Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- amazing sushiFoodieDined on 2/8/2014this is one of our favorite sushi restaurants since moving to denver. Great sushi and great service. Its located in Cherry Creek which is a great area of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Just a Little ColdMCS1985VIPDined on 1/18/2014Great sushi as always, we love coming to Hapa especially in Cherry Creek, its a very tight knit little place to enjoy some great sushi and they always have a special roll that is amazing. Same thing on this night, they had the Detroit Street Roll, which was just outstanding. The only issue we had was the door would open and close and cold air would rush in, so it made any table near the door especially cold, other than that, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi is always good here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/17/2014The sushi is always good here. The service is usually good as well. The seating is a real challenge though. If you are unlucky enough to be seated by the door on a chilly evening, you will be cold. They have virtually no waiting area either. That means you might have to wait outside. That being said, I still like the food and I do come back from time to time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Quality & ServiceMarkMVIPDined on 1/13/2014Sushi was fresh and creative. Service was over the top. A must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new Years bustcelebratingwifes30thbdayDined on 12/31/2013I chose this place because my wife is obsessed with sushi. We were celebrating her 30th bday on new years eve and the waiter was anything but enthused to be there and it showed. He rushed us through dinner and never once acknowledged my wife's special day. We ended up boxing up all of our sushi and going home. I've been here before with great service but I'm extremely disappointed that they made no attempt to make a birthday or holiday worth going back for.Special Features:
- Sushi at its BestFoodieFanVIPDined on 12/27/2013Everything outstanding - my favorite, salmon and avocado rolls; also magic mushroom appetizer is phenomenal.Special Features:
- PokeOMG9Dined on 12/24/2013Try the tuna poke, it is the best thing on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantNadineDined on 12/23/2013We love coming to Hapa, the Food is great and so is the service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy @ HapaBP5996311Dined on 12/23/2013Birthday dinner for a dear friend was a great time! Food @ Hapa was excellent. Atmosphere is quieter than the Den, albeit quite snug for larger parties (5 at our table). Cannot go wrong in CC North.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HapaSuzeDined on 12/20/2013Had a very nice lunch. Food was good, service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Holiday LunchJDinCODined on 12/16/2013First time visit. Others in the group had been there before and loved it for happy hour and dinner. The waitress was helpful in making suggestions from the vast array of menu options. The food quality is excellent and the ambiance is very nice. Chopsticks provided but silverware is available upon request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another night at HapaSushiconvertDined on 12/11/2013As always a great experience, excellent food and atmosphere. Will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Always Return...mitreboxDined on 12/6/2013My wife, another couple and I met at Hapa Sushi for dinner. We hadn't been there in quite some time and were extremely satisfied with the experience, again. The food was fresh, tasty and well presented. It was a bit noisy but I guess anyplace, on a Friday evening is noisy, as well. Service was good. We will be back. Thank you for a really good meal.Special Features:
- Great sushi in Cherry CreekgskarDined on 12/3/2013Great sushi in Cherry Creek North. Good rolls, great fish and cocktails. Wait staff is always very good even when busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but efficient serviceAnne123VIPDined on 12/3/2013Weekday lunch = busy and fast pace. Sushi is great and creative. Maybe a bit overpriced....Special Features:
- Hapa Cherry Creek is definitelyairundermyheelsDined on 11/30/2013Hapa Cherry Creek is definitely the place to be...reservation is DEFINITELY recommended. Was impressed by the breadth of the menu, although the rolls were a little less inspiring than we would have hoped, given the price and reputation. The restaurant is definitely focused on volume, so don't be looking for a quiet romantic evening, and be prepared to be up close and personal with the neighboring table, the door, space heaters, you name it. But the atmosphere was definitely fun for a couple young people and the food was very good. Ask yourself what you're looking for, but if its an energetic night on the town with some good fish, Hapa's a good spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiNicoleDined on 11/30/2013The sushi was great! But we sat there forever and waited for our waiter. Once she showed she barely talked and we never saw her again. She was replaced and that guy was awesome. If we had him from the beginning I would probably give a better rating. The tables are close together so don't go thinking you'll have a private conversation or any privacy. But the sushi was great so it's worth a shot.
- Touche ReviewToucheDined on 11/21/2013A friend and I had lunch here, of which we thoroughly enjoyed. This was my first time, and would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a little slowSalDenverDined on 11/18/2013The food was good. We found that it got crowded as the night went on. When we arrived there were plenty of tables, yet they sat us next to another table - too close. Service was good, but could have been a bit faster.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for sushi butATennyDined on 10/19/2013Awesome place for sushi but can still enjoy other great food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE hapa every time! Foodkfood90Dined on 10/12/2013LOVE hapa every time! Food is delicious, service is great, and we found out this visit that they offer a 15% military discount! They are one of our favorite places for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with Hapa!SamboDined on 10/2/2013Dined for a date. The food was good. The service exemplary! The outdoor seating was close, but comfortable. The place was busy for a Wednesday evening and a bit noisy, but many couples and groups dined. We moved from outside to in as the evening turned cold and they readily accommodated us. I would definitely visit again!Special Features:
- Great experience and food!ShastaVIPDined on 9/24/2013Had the happy hour tempura combo - delicious! I was going to order a teriyaki dish and the waitress encouraged a different entree that was, as she recommended, excellent. I appreciated the advice!Special Features:
- Hapa fits me well!MissPickycanthelpitDined on 9/6/2013I was looking for good sushi at a good price and love the brown rice option. It's open late so it always fits my needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday to rememberLove2eatDined on 9/6/2013The night started out great and ended great! They had our table ready and waiting for us. Even with us waiting on our other half of our party. The food was outstanding. The drinks were tasty. They went out of their way to greet the birthday girl! They made us feel like we could sit and really enjoy the evening chatting! No looking over your shoulder, pushing us out the door. I know we'll make it a favorite spot to spend time with special friends.Thank you for the fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RecoveryZazouDined on 8/24/2013I took my sister for her first sushi experience. We were seated right away and nicely welcomed. The restaurant was very busy, but the staff was very nice. After ordering, every course took a very long time to be served. They were very apologetic and kept us informed, but it still took quite awhile to be served. At the end they gave us a nice discount and again apologized. I will go again because of their courtesy and awareness. They recovered because they made us feel they cared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013We ate at Hapa while visiting Denver. It was the best Asian food that I ever tasted. I consider myself a foodie. The sushi rolls were fabulous. There were some interesting rolls that I had never seen before. They were terrific. We enjoyed one of the catapiller rolls. We also had a salmon dish which was amazing. The vegetables were delicious and the salmon so fresh and prepared to perfection. We also loved the desserts. I can't wait to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free Dining!!BarbieDined on 7/30/2013We took my daughter and her girlfriends to Hapa for her 13th birthday party. The service was great. When we got there they tried to seat us at a table for 4 when we were a table of 8, but after we said "This is abviously not going to work" they sat us in a perfect spot. We are Gluten Free and they have a large menu of GF items to choose from so this place is perfect.Special Features:
- Great SushiotrateVIPDined on 7/30/2013Great sushi well prepared. Fast, attentive service. Top notch manager - Jason.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hapa was really crowded whenSushinlmDined on 7/26/2013Hapa was really crowded when we got there, but that didnt stop great service or our food from coming out quickly. This is my favorite place to eat in cherry creek! The sushi menu was creative but with normal prices. All around a good meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful scene. It was aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2013Wonderful scene. It was a nice, overcast, summer afternoon and we got a seat to watch the street life of Cherry Creek North. A cool breeze was there to make it more pleasant. But most of all our food was deeeelish. I had the seasoned edamame, which I could eat all by myself. In additon, the Colroado style Sashimi was out of this world good. The house salad was fresh and a wonderful contrast to the spice of the food. The manager came out twice to talk. Our server was a new guy but he knew what he was doing . Had a great time with him. He anticipated our needs without being too intrusive despite the small space at the patio Saw great sstrett cenes without the noise intruding our dinner as the patio is above street level Eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really FantasticanonDined on 7/7/2013Thanks Hapa Sushi for giving my husband a very memorable birthday. We were a large group of about 12 with kids and they took great care of us. Everyone loved what they ordered, even the kids :) The service was also exceptional from the moment we arrived. so thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, if it wasn'tSushifan445Dined on 6/30/2013Horrible service, if it wasn't for the food would not return. Looks like I will stick to takeout.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!CaryumDined on 6/30/2013What a wonderful Happy Hour menu! Great service and amazing food!!! Heading back with a couple of non-sushi eaters next week and I have no doubt they will have an equally incredible experience. The tuna was particularly amazing, loved the fried mussels, not a disappointing item on the menu! Great job Hapa - Cherry Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi sushiJanieOVIPDined on 6/29/2013The lobster roll was kind I'd mushy and the rainbow roll only ok. The tuna was good, but the miso soup was ordinary. The edamame were fantastic.
- My only complaint was we wereCeaNicDined on 6/14/2013My only complaint was we were seated outside in extreme wind and no one asked if any of us would like to move inside. Some of the servers even remarked on how extremely breezy it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiotrateVIPDined on 6/7/2013Hapa's rolls are among the best anywhere. Jenna is a wonderful waitperson.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food in SmallvilleInterwebsfoodDined on 5/31/2013I don't know if it's just me but this place seemed very cramped I mean the tables are like 2 1/2 feet apart, kinda feels like your eating with the people next to you too. Awesome food though! Seriously some of the best sushi I've had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Hapa! Great waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2013We love Hapa! Great waiter, he paced our appetizers. Hostess could have been better. We forgot how good they do Shumai, delicate and piping hot!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Sake MenuFoodCriticVIPDined on 5/19/2013really interesting/different sakes and you can order "flights" to taste different ones. Food is good, with interesting rolls and fresh sushi. Good spot in Cherry Creek - also like the Greenwood Village location.