Faces Mears Park
373 Sibly Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55101Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Faces Mears Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facesmearspark.com/
- Phone: 6512097776
- Hours of Operation:
Deli-10am-2pm Monday thru Friday
Restaurant-Monday thru Thursday 11am-11
Saturday 2pm - 2am*
Sunday 2pm - 11pm
*Full Menu until 10pm
*Happy Hour Sunday thru Thurs 3-6pm & 8pm-10pm
Friday and Saturday 3-6 & 10pm t 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Global, International, French
- Executive Chef: David Fhima
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On-Site event planner and off-site catering available. Large or small!
Full Service Bakery; cupcakes, wedding cakes, birthday celebrations!
- Entertainment: Daily Lunch Specials
Evening Dinner specials
Happy Hour Specials
Sunday Wood Oven Pizza Specials
Date night specials Monday
Fri/Sat DJ music!
- Special Events: You provide the occasion, we will do the rest! Choose from two versatile private spaces or our exclusive Wine Room. Atrium: Surrounded by windows and 10-story-high ceilings, the atrium features a customizable floor plan that can accommodate reception-style events for 250 or seated occasion for 150.
Set with a private wine and espresso bar catering exclusively to your group, Faces mears park’s lounge is perfect for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
A Chef’s Table is a celebration of food, wine and friends. Typically, this event occurs in the kitchen, but we have created an occasion to be enjoyed in the intimate setting of our wine room. You and your guests will be entertained with a specially-crafted, multi-course menu from our inspired Executive Chef David Fhima. Each course will be paired with a wine that compliments the unique flavors of each dish. Please inquire for pricing and availability.
A word from Faces Mears Park
Whether dining in or picking up a rotisserie chicken, baguette and bottle of wine to go, our guests enjoy an array of options made with the best local ingredients and without additives, preservatives or processing. FACES mears park has an extensive wine list featuring organic, biodynamic and sustainably farmed options. When weather permits, guests can be seated on our patio and enjoy scenic views of Mears Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Faces Mears Park - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Faces Mears Park reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)special occasion (15)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (14)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- You Can Never Go Wrong with FacesDenaliWahineDined on 4/9/2014I have eaten here several times and always enjoyed it. My spouse and I especially enjoy chef's Moroccan tagines. The wine list is superb, and I've always enjoyed the cocktails I've ordered. With an on-site bakery, desserts are out of this world. I always mean to try chef's croque monsieur but wind up with another tagine. I will have to come back for lunch rather than dinner, sometime, for that delicious French style ham and cheese goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chorizo paella without chorizo?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We ordered the seafood chorizo paella for 2. I'm Hispanic, and paella is my favorite. The paella for 2 although it was enough, it was barely enough for two as I saved myself room for dessert. Also the chef 'forgot' to put chorizo in it. :/ They were understaffed and the bartender was our waiter. He did a decent job but he did not know what chorizo even was and he was not a waiter obviously. Overall I can't say I would recommend the place to a friend. But at least it wasn't horrible.Special Features:
- Wonderful service, professionalLJNordyDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful service, professional and very friendly and helpful. Our server was always at our table asking if we needed anything. We had the chefs special of the night, and he came out when we were almost through with our meal to see how we liked it. WONDERFUL experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2014superb, unique food. Best harira soup I have found. And service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to Improve Your ServiceKWStillwaterDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I tried Faces for the first time last weekend. We had reservations but, came early to have a glass of wine at the bar. I had to actually shout to get the bartenders attention after sitting at the empty bar for 15 minutes. She then became very abrupt and short with us. When we ordered a second drink, she poured red wine into my wine wine glass - there was still wine in the glass. We ended up with a better server for dinner but, we were truly appalled with your bartender (blonde).Special Features:
- the food was very good....butlol242Dined on 2/15/2014the food was very good....but had to ask for more water and coffee was not offered with our desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt invisible to hostess & bartendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Worst Valentines Day ever. Waited 25 minutes for a drink and no one was there.
- Too Fit for Foodies?questieDined on 2/14/2014Maybe this restaurant is not designed for middle class middle aged folks like us. The food was quite expensive for the small portions, music on Valentine's Day was too nightclubish - not classy or romantic at all. The food was very high quality and the service, if a bit inexperienced, was friendly and accommodating. This was our second visit and not as satisfactory as the first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLuvFoodDined on 2/14/2014The chef and his team outdid themselves with a very special menu for Valentine's Day. The Chateaubriand was prepared to perfection, as were the fingerling potatoes. The sauce was absolutely delicious and just right for "sopping up" with the excellent homemade bread. The wine selection was excellent, the service first rate and the setting ...more than romantic . The only somewhat disappointing dish was the Lobster salad. The presentation and the lobster itself left much to be desiredSpecial Features:
- The "burger trio" and "sweetNorgeVIPDined on 2/11/2014The "burger trio" and "sweet potato fries" make a great combination for 3 people - surprisingly filling!Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/8/2014We were on time, table not ready. We felt rushed be the server and asked him to slow down , which he did. Lobster bisque was too salty. The lamb was excellent. Overall experience was not good. Will not be returning. Bartender was excellent. She made our drinks exactly to our liking.
- Nice surprise and worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Lovely dinner at Faces on Mears. We dined early with a 6:00 reservation and found the room starting to fill but still very comfortable noise wise where you can have a nice conversation. Our service was inconsistent but appeared just our wait staff that night as other tables were well served. If it is this way when we dine again, then it is a problem but do not expect that. The menu was not large (Ok food menu, Many drinks) but was intriguing and the offerings made it hard to choose. The food appetizers were on the small size but not unexpected with the type of restaurant. The mains were surprisingly large. Be prepared to spend some money with the fairly expensive courses and the wine list has a large mark up. We will likely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerValHDined on 1/25/2014We have always found David Fhima's restaurants over the years to have great food and our dinner at Faces on Saturday night was another such experience. I had the Leg of Lamb Tagine and it was "melt in-your-mouth" wonderful. My husband and our friends were also very pleased with their entrées (scallops, pot roast and a risotto dish). Nice wine selection and the service was top-notch. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening for our Group of 6RarelyGetsOutDined on 1/24/2014Quite simply a wonderful dinner with old friends. We arrived early for a cocktail or two and met our party in the bar. We made an easy transition to our seats at our reservation time and proceeded to enjoy appetizers and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faces is a Find!bulletbob58Dined on 1/11/2014Best old fashioned I ever had. Appetizers (Asian wings) were delightful and the main courses were delicious and creative. Great view of a Mears Park light show. Drinks are not cheap but well done. You can park downstairs and never go outdoors. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Went there for New Years with old friends (literally and figuratively). Third time at Faces -- always loved the food/apps. Seating was difficult. Even though we had a 9pm reservation, we didn't get seated until 10 (at the crappiest table in the place -- next to check in). Others came later and were seated before us at better tables. Really? Do we need to grease palms to get a decent table? It was a busy New Years, so went with the flow and waited longer for a table out of the walkway. Fortunately they have a great bar, with nice view of the "lit up" Mears Park. Their fabulous Chef came out and chatted with us at the end, again - nice touch. Great food as always. Will be back, but trying Heartland next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve BustTinaB76Dined on 12/31/2013I read some great reviews of the food before we ate here, so I was looking forward to it, but I had also read that many of the dishes were extremely spicy- which is not my thing, so I did my best to avoid. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered the sweet potato fries to start and they were good with just the right amount of salt. I got the cod tagine because it didn't say it was spicy, but I could barely eat it because it was SO SPICY. My husband ordered the steak au poivre and it was so tough and full of gristle, he could barely eat it. The noise level in the restaurant was very high. I always go to a new restaurant wanting to love it, but it was not meant to be with this one. Disappointing all around.
- Good do betterOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/31/2013Mediocre service. Forget about getting drinks quickly. Understaffed and undertrained staffed.
- What th?LeafDined on 12/31/2013I've never spent that much money on a a meal that bad...ever. New Year's Eve took a sour turn.
- Interesting menu attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/29/2013This is the only place I've been in the Twin Cities that offers delicious tangine dishes and one of the few where I can be certain we will have a better meal dining out than we might at home. Worth a trip and a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A St. Paul gemSeasunDined on 12/28/2013A wonderful meal all around. The mac & cheese w/ lobster appetizer looks drab but tastes amazing--the best appetizer I had all year. The caprese and pepper steak were bursting with fresh flavors. Head chef David Fhima came over to each table to check on our satisfaction and talk about preparation of a couple of dishes. Nice touch. The white lights on the trees in Mears Park create a shimmering, romantic background through the restaurant windows. Living in Mpls., we don't get to this part of St. Paul very often, but we will try to change that.Special Features:
- Worth the 40 min. drive to St. PaulMidwestMaxDined on 12/28/2013Our party of five had an early dinner at 4pm on a Saturday. That was a perfect time to be at the restaurant because we received a lot of attention from the host, our server and from executive chef David Fhima. Our table of five enjoyed the Bacon Wrapped Scallops, 7 Vegetable Tangine, Sweet peas and Chilean Seabass Saffron Risotto, Grass Fed Pot Roast and Pulled Pot Roast Sandwich plus a variety of desserts. It was all very delicious. Our table looked out at Mears Park which was beautiful with all the holiday lights on the trees. We can't wait to return and try more entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Love the location and space of this restaurant. Food was good, desserts were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine and desserts!InipimanDined on 12/22/2013Excellent food, wine and desserts! Service was appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday with PalsPartyof8Dined on 12/21/2013Four couples celebrated the holidays at Faces overlooking the twinkling park lights. The Chef visited the table twice. He was fun and offered advice important to our choices of meals. We appreciated he didn't necessarily recommend the most expensive dishes. Everyone enjoyed their meal very much. We generated a lot of noise and hope we didn't offend other diners. Thanks for helping us celebrate the holidays with style and without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reactionsKrejciDined on 12/14/2013We were expecting some great tangine as there were multiple options on the menu. Only 1 indicated spicy and since my husband can't eat this, he chose the cod which wasn't listed this way. It was VERY spicy and neither of us could eat it! We returned it choosing a burger for him and grilled cheese on cranberry toast for me. Both were great though not the Holiday dinner we had planned. The lights of Mears Park were beautiful from our high top table in the bar (I had requested a window seat in the dining room but didn't get it). Not at all like the energy of Rice Park however. No parking on the street so had no choice but expensive Tower ramp. No validation available from Faces. Probably would come back for happy hour only.
- Wonderful food and service!!macerDined on 12/14/2013Wonderful food and service!! Best food and service we have had in the Twin Cities in years! This is a must visit!Special Features:
- A Very Nice EveningMJKoepkeDined on 12/14/2013Dined with my wife and adult kids for a holiday outing. Everyone's meal was very good and quite enjoyable. A brief visit from David Fhima, Exec Chef, was a very nice personal touch. His enthusiasm for the fresh, organic and local ingredients used here, along with the genuine interest on whether we enjoyed our meals made a nice evening just a little nicer.Special Features:
- Dessert OnlyfencegapDined on 12/10/2013I went on a date here and the experience was great. Excellent service! We just ordered dessert and the restaurant was really quiet. Great noise level for talking. The dessert was fabulous as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ambience and foodBrianDined on 12/7/2013The service was great. A mistake was made on our order, but we were offered a side salad and a free glass of wine. The food was very tasty, although price was a little high for the quantity of food. The ambiance was excellent and the view of Mears Park with the lights for the holiday were beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't CompeteChuckDined on 12/6/2013Our night at Faces included a four course steak dinner with a bottle of wine. The lobster mac app was made with wheat pasta, which took away from the overall taste of what is normally a great dish. The tomato salad was tasty, but oily. My NY strip steak was coated in peppercorns that had barely softened. While the flavor was OK, I spent most of the time picking off the peppercorns and cutting the fat off the steak, which was super chewy. Overall, a poor dining experience. St. Paul deserves better.Special Features:
- Our group of 14 enjoyed aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/30/2013Our group of 14 enjoyed a wonderful evening out of good conversation, great food, and delicious desserts! We will go back to Faces again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalantibodyDined on 11/28/2013We love this place and visit it as much as we can. Now that we are back in town, we found a good opportunity to pay chef Fima a visit. As usual, he doesn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!FrenziedDined on 11/22/2013We only found this restaurant because we were late to the game making reservations for the night of the Elton John concert. I am so happy they had a table open because we loved it. I had only heard of tangine and my husband said it was delicious. I enjoyed the sea bass with sweet peas and saffron risotto Milanese and wanted to lick the plate. The setting is really great and kind of hidden away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMELoriDined on 11/21/2013This was a last minute eating destination and our group enjoyed it very much. I would recommend it to anyone. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night @ Jerome Hill TheaterMikeDined on 11/20/2013I waited for her at the bar had a couple of drinks before dinner we decided to sit at the bar I love my entrée Watercrest with pesto and I added the salmon she wasn't too hungry she ordered the mini burgers. We were invited to come back after the theater performance, which we did. It was a very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the tripSmokeyDined on 11/13/2013when a restaurant charges $2.00 for "rocks" you know there are other things there you are not going to like either.......
- Needs Helplrc7Dined on 11/9/2013I could understand one unhelpful/confused staff person, especially if they were new, but not ALL of them. We encountered no less than four and none of them knew what they were doing. Food was mediocre at best, the dining room was a scattered hodge podge of fine dining and patio furniture jumbled together. Very unfortunate experience for what would otherwise be a lovely space in a very nice location. There are too many other great restaurants in Lowertown and Downtown St Paul to waste time here again.
- Outstanding Saturday Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013A hidden gem in the Twin Cities!!! We loved everything about our Saturday night dinner here. We were a group of four and we each loved our entrees - I highly recommend having a tagine. You can tell the ingredients are fresh and that a lot of time is put into each dish. Plus, Chef David Fhima makes many appearances in the dining room and loves talking with you about the food - so fun! Our server was very attentive and DO NOT MISS DESSERT! They make incredible desserts in-house, so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and outstanding service:OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013We were greeted right from the start. Our server was great with his knowledge and we were not bothered with too many visits throughout the four course Moroccan meal. He even brought out the the Chef for the first two meals. My girlfriend loved her dinner date. So, what else could I ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.