101 Pratt Street
Longmont, CO 80501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sugarbeetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 303-651-3330
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seth Witherspoon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate a private event for a variety of group sizes from ten guests to seventy guests in one of our two dining rooms
- Private Party Contact: Justine Witherspoon 7206847890
A word from Sugarbeet
Our locally owned restaurant offers a refreshing collection of Seasonal American Cuisine in an intimate and contemporary setting. Our seasonally changing menu emphasizes Owner/ Chef Seth Witherspoon’s creativity and his passion for using the freshest ingredients possible. In addition to supporting local growers and ranchers, we grow our own produce! Join us for a memorable evening of delicious food with friends. In addition to our warm and inviting dining rooms, we have outdoor seating on our patios when weather permits. We can accommodate your next group function and can help you with a personalized menu for your event. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Sugarbeet - Best Restaurants in Longmont ›
Sugarbeet reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (58)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (33)notable wine list (20)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Overall decent, but not specialLowKeyCoupleDined on 6/5/2014We have heard wonderful things about Sugarbeet from friends and family. After trying it out, we were a little let down. The food was pretty good- but kind of bland. Presentation was fairly upscale, prices were upscale, ambiance was wonderful- but felt the food was lacking. We were intrigued enough to give it one more try, but if we don't leave "wowed" next time, we will save our money for somewhere else. They are attempting to be a Boulder-ish contemporary restaurant and have achieved that in every respect aside from excitement of the food. I have been to numerous places in Boulder with more memorable food at lower cost and equal ambiance.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Set in an unusual spot, this lovely restaurant was really a great treat. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Menu would rival any menu anywhere. Very delicious and creatively smart!Special Features:
- A Gem under the overpassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The food was superb!! The Service was great but it was a little loud. Did I say the food was really really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 709 reviews are from the Sugarbeet reviews archive.
- always enjoyablemeroDined on 5/16/2014Can't go wrong with Sugarbeet! Ecclectic menu, great selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar Beet is a sure betjwilkeDined on 5/16/2014I took my parents and wife to Sugar Beet last Friday night. My parents were in town visiting for the first time. We had a wonderful time and good service from the staff. You can tell the place is doing well it was full. The staff seated us on time and service was excellent. We live near Longmont and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner food in LongmontReelGalDined on 5/16/2014We have been to Sugarbeet several times over the years since it opened. It is our choice for special occasions in Longmont. The restaurant is owned by two women and the service and attention to detail is very good. They serve fresh local grown foods in innovative and tasty recipes. I have not been disappointed once. We have taken out foodie friends from Boulder and they raved about it. Their lamb shank is very good as is their steak. The atmosphere is nice and they have a nice wine list and open bar. Try it sometime. You will be glad you did!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceRANLafayette2Dined on 5/15/2014Outstanding service and excellent food. My family enjoyed the appetizers/salad and entrees with no complaints. My son and daughter actually said they could try anything on the menu since it all sounded so good. Our waiter knew the specials and menu very well and was enthusiastic with recommendations. Overall a wonderful dinning experienceSpecial Features:
- A great experience at SugarbeetDonqua0626Dined on 5/15/2014Sugarbeet is a wonderful dining experience from beginning to end! Delicious food, great staff, quiet and relaxing. We didn't feel rushed as we enjoyed our appetizer, scrumptious salad and fabulous entree. Outstanding wine suggestion by our server. All in a a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- tileguyDined on 5/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service perfect. My only negative would be that the portions were a bit too large. The server could have warned us that the salads were very large and could have been shared by two with more then enough each. I will certainly return again, it is a very good special occasion choice.Special Features:
- Very Friendly and accomodatingptcruiserDined on 5/11/2014Arrived a little early greet very warmly. Waitress was very attentive. The food was excellent and very large portions. Would strongly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day DinnerphpilotDined on 5/11/2014Had the grilled shrimp and Barbeque Ribs, both were excellent and quite enough for a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014We have eaten at Sugarbeet several times and are always very pleased with the warmth of the service and the quality of the food. The menu changes but each item is unique and delicious. I had the short ribs in a Carolina mustard sauce -- meat falling off the bone, just enough bite to the sauce -- wow! It was served on a bed of kale and black-eyed peas which was really nice. My husband had the grilled shrimp which was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!mcs5432Dined on 5/9/2014The food was wonderful! My husband and I have been wanting to come for awhile and it was our ten year wedding anniversary so what better occasion to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a nice mealRyanADined on 5/7/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. She is a vegetarian, so it is difficult to find places that create something other than vegetables in pasta. Sugar Beets had a nice selection for her to choose from starting with the Spinach and artichoke appetizer, Soup/salad and an exotic mushroom pasta that was unique and tasted very good even to a carnivore like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarbeetProfVolDined on 5/2/2014Great food and service. Too noisy however. Could be very romantic if quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSharonDined on 5/2/2014Everything was excellent, as usual! Best food in Longmont hands down.Special Features:
- Great Find!SarahshmaraDined on 5/2/2014The Sugarbeet is in kind of an out-of-the-way location. I pass it several times a week, and was really intrigued to try it. It was better than I expected! Very gourmet - the menu changes quarterly, plus nightly specials. It was great for date night!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable DinnerboulderfoodiesVIPDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I and another couple had dinner at Sugarbeet and, as usual, enjoyed it very much. We started with the crab and corn bisque, which was excellent. Four our main courses, my wife had lamb, two of us had the grouper special and the fourth member of our party had halibut. All of us were very satisfied with our meals, and the Sauvignon Blanc we had matched the dinners perfectly. My only (minor) complaint about the grouper is that the tomato mixture on top was very cold, which detracted from the warmth of the meal. The service at Sugarbeet is always top notch, attentive without being intrusive - and very responsive to our every request. All four of us are from Boulder, so we have plenty of choices here, but we enjoy Sugarbeet too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and good servie40thanniversaryDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed Sugarbeet very much. In the comments section when we made the reservation I mentioned that it was our anniversary and the owner sent over a glass of sparkling wine. The dessert came with a little candle. That was such a lovely addition to our already wonderful meal. The tables are spread out so you do not feel like you are right next to others. Like other people we felt the noise level was a little high. Like others we thought it was a little noisy.Special Features:
- Another excellent experiencethatdrummerguyDined on 4/25/2014The problem with great restaurants is that you have to wait. Even with a reservation. I knew this was a possibility because once you are seated, you don't want to leave! Our host and owner was most gracious and engaging with us, offering us a complimentary glass of wine due to the length of time, and engaged us regularly, where many other places I have been, you would have been ignored. We felt welcome from the beginning. The meal was excellent, as always. We ended up being the last patrons there, but never felt rushed to leave or uncomfortable. We were a party of 5 and it was a great evening, enhanced by the dining experience at Sugarbeet!Special Features:
- Sugarbeet restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service was superb. Dining room is small so is noisy when it is full. However,that being said, the food is worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for special occasionRaymondDined on 4/23/2014Our meals were well prepared and the portions were generous. The quality and variety of the ingredients were terrific. The daily specials helped round out the somewhat limited ala carte menu. The wine list has a number of unusual wines and is rather pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longmont fine diningSwengusDined on 4/20/2014Sugarbeet is for fine dining locally, and holds its own with more pretentious offerings (maybe 3 in/near Boulder). The food was very nicely prepared and presented, generously, from a menu offering good and varied choices. Our appetizers, respectively duck and shrimp, were outstanding; our main dish, crabcakes, were accompanied by an abundant slaw which lacked, however, any hint of the fresh ginger we had expected. Easter evening is probably not the occasion to expect vibrancy; we were pleased to escape it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningtortugaDined on 4/20/2014We tried Sugarbeet for the first time for Easter Sunday dinner. What a great find! The service was outstanding and the food was exceptional. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Sugar Beet reviewfoodie2014Dined on 4/20/2014This is one of our most trusted selections in Northern Colorado. Food is excellent, menu variety is outstanding, and ambience is notable. A real gem!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Sugarbeet is a terrific choice in Longmont. Food is always fresh and eclectic just as the menu says. The service is outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceSimayDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I never miss Sugar Beet for anniversaries, birthdays, or when family and friends come to town. The food is wonderful, fresh ingredients with changing menu. The wait staff is amazingly knowledgable about the food and are able to provide beautiful service without interrupting your food experience. We highly recommend Sugar Beet!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014from the moment you walked in...you knew this was going to be GREAT The aroma was superb as was the food and the service. Pricing was reasonable. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Longmont RestaurantScottSDined on 4/11/2014A nice variety of excellent dishes - Sugarbeet never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Halibut specialMarieDined on 4/11/2014Took clients here Friday night - crazy good food & great price! Bravo - drove from Westminster and well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NOISYrhankeDined on 4/11/2014The food was great. I had the Filet Mignon which was a great portion and delicious. My wife had Alaskan Halibut. However it was very very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- De;endable EleganceharleyboyDined on 4/8/2014Our latest experience at Sugarbeet was typical of what we've come to expect--great food, attentive service in a low-key environment. Not quite white table cloth elegance, the restaurant is very nice and a step-up from most Longmont estatlishments in Longmont. The food is always very good, even if the menu is brief and a little short on options. The service is attentive without being intrusive, although this last visit found us looking for our waitperson when we wanted the check. No big deal. The wine list is adequate, but if you're looking for a special bottle, you might be disappointed. We appreciated the extra attention that was offered on our special occasion. How about some small plates?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SugarBeet never fails to impressVolpeDined on 4/5/2014This was my fifth time at SugarBeet and it seems to get better and better. My waitperson quickly noticed that the large, noisy party seated next to us was bothersome so, without our asking, reseated us in a quieter part of the restaurant. The food was exceptional with generous portions. My wife and I split the Mushroom Ragout and barely finished our halves. This proprietor was very friendly and gave us some insights into the recipes and history of the place. I cannot say enough positive things about this place and cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- a gem in LongmontColoradoCatDined on 4/3/2014wonderful restaurant for any occasion. Impressive wine and cocktail list and incredible seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicestevecVIPDined on 4/1/2014Good Variety, great presentation, good prices. Lots of reasonable choices for wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!MikeDined on 3/30/2014Back once again to this top notch restaurant. The quality of the food and the service is unmatched.Special Features:
- Creative dishesbfoodieDined on 3/30/2014I was surprised to find this hip and creative restaurant in this part of Longmont. The food was very good with options for gluten and dairy free too! Would recommend it for a special dinner with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would have liked to haveShelleyDined on 3/29/2014I would have liked to have some entree choices that were not quite so rich as the current menu.Special Features:
- Upscale LongmontJimilagroDined on 3/16/2014The location is weird being next to the tracks in the most industrial area of Longmont. However, once inside, the world changes. The decor is excellent as was the service. The food could have been better given the price. ($90 for two dinners, one dessert, and a glass of wine). I had a fantastic vegetarian dish of polenta with mushrooms and my date had the buffalo shoulder and buffalo sausage. The meat was rather tough and the sauce not especially tasty. However, our server was excellent and made the experience salvageable. The creme boule was fantastic as a finish. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, especially for Longmontians, who really could use a bit more upscale establishments. I would certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.