Union City Grille
805 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19805Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unioncitygrille.com/
- Phone: 3026549780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Holiday Hours: Vary, please call for exact times
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matthew Curtis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the capabilities of doing creative off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area is perfect for professional presentations, special occasions or holiday parties. Custom menus, dedicated staff and flexible furnishings make hosting any event an easy and memorable experience. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Curtis 3026549780
- Entertainment: Entertainment weekly. Check www.UnionCityGrille.com for an updated list of live entertainment.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Martini Thursdays, Brews and Blues Wednesday. 1/2 Price Burger Monday nights. Wine Dinners.
A word from Union City Grille
Metromixes: Best "Steakhouse" Restaurant of 2010 ***Our seating is very versatile. Call us if you have trouble booking through Open Table. A short drive from just about anywhere! UCG began in 2003. In September 2008 Chef Matthew Curtis purchased the business and brought aboard Executive Chef Robert Lhulier to define the cuisine. Together, they team up to bring you "Food that tastes the way it should". Fresh ingredients, prepared simply with little fuss. The silky Crab Bisque, Chili and steak are the areas best. UCG's bar & lounge is ideal for relaxing, gathering with friends by the fireplace or watching the game on 4 large HD TV's. Enjoy a micro brew, glass of a wine or a nice scotch. The private dining area is perfect for any event from 6 to 60. Call for larger parties. Sunday dining features the areas only "Name your cut Filet" for just $2 an ounce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Union City Grille - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Union City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (13)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (8)romantic (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We highly recommend. The foodGreatVIPDined on 6/24/2013We highly recommend. The food and the service is always very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a bad night I guess..TashDined on 6/19/2013After the excellent reviews for the crab bisque..I decided t get myself a bowl. Turned out to be a really bad decision..one bite and I realized I was gonna hav to send it back coz someone must've put salt 3 times into that bowl. It's not like my tolerance to salt is low but this was jus way too salty I had also orderd th spinach salad for myself and although this was fine..it was just OK..homegrown as a local cafe has much better salads.. after sending th bisque back..I decided to try th calamari fries..which again were not good at all! I think I was jinxed! the calamari was chewy and very very VERY oily my husbands pork chop was good but unfortunately..this would be my first and last time hereSpecial Features:
- Service was excellent. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2013Service was excellent. They were able to accomodate our request for a booth. The appetizers from the specials menu were excellent as were the desserts. I was disappointed with the 5oz filet. I had ordered the same menu item at the end of 2012 and the meal was much tastier. We were even wondering if they have changed chefs recently?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my first visit toDonnaDined on 6/18/2013This was my first visit to Union City Grille. The food was delicious and service was very good. I really enjoyed the beef short rib chili. The only negative about this restaurant is the limited parking available. We just parked on the street a block down from the restaurant. I would definately return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchVJGreenVIPDined on 6/12/2013It was a great lunch......Crab Bisque (the best around) and the featured sandwich of the day.......Service was fantasticSpecial Features:
- We love this place. The foodGreatVIPDined on 6/10/2013We love this place. The food and the service rock!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lunchVJGreenVIPDined on 6/3/2013Have to mention that along with the best crab bisque in the region (and I live on Maryland's Easter Shore), the mixed green's salad with grilled salmon was phenominal! Many restaurants seem to have a difficult time cooking the salmon without drying it out....not Union City Grille.....down right perfectly prepared. Service was exceptional, which is what I have found to be the norm for this well run establishement. The staff always seem to be happy while they are working.....that says something about how things are run by the owner! Keep up the great work......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodIlovefoodDined on 6/1/2013My steak was cooked the way it was ordered but my husbands was done not medium. The portions were fine and the food was good. Waitress checked on us frequently. I would recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceDiningDianaDined on 6/1/2013We both had the petit filet and crab cake surf & turf. The steak was cooked perfectly (medium rare) and the crab cake had little filler. They didn't have tartar sauce for some reason which annoyed my dining companion. Food was brought before I had finished my salad, one of my pet peeves. Otherwise the service was quite good.Special Features:
- Disappointing anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2013Ambience good, service excellent but food quality was not up to par.Special Features:
- great food, resonable pricesWilmingtonnativeDined on 5/30/2013Excellent crab bisque - always on the menu and we always get it. Other apetizers good as well. Good steaks and pasta. Enough variety to keep it interesting without being to "out there". Very generous portions. Good wine list and beer list too. The service is always friendly. Parking can be a challenge, but it is worth going around the block a few times. We have been to Union City Grille numerous times, and it is consistently enjoyable on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Union City GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013We've been to Union City Grille on previous occasions and were pleased with our experience. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for this time. After taking our drink orders, we did not receive our drinks for at least ten minutes due to a 'backed up bar'. One of the drinks was a beer and the other was a very poorly made mojito. While the actual food we ordered was decent, the menu selection was extremely limited, a change from past experiences.
- Best crab bisqueVJGreenVIPDined on 5/23/2013This establishment has developed the best crab bisque in the region. I frequent the Maryland Eastern Shore (home of the blue claw crab) and no restaurant has even come close to the quality of Union City's version. OH YEAH, great sandwiches for lunch also!Special Features:
- Great burgers and filets.cbh328VIPDined on 5/20/2013Great burgers and filets. And the cleanest ladies room anywhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining there...iChrispodDined on 5/16/2013We saw a groupon for Union City Grille and thought we'd give it a shot. I was shocked with how reasonable the menu prices were and what each dish came with. In addition to reasonable prices, they also ran several specials. We went on a Thursday so it was 1/2 price martini night. We'll be eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2013My husband and I expected a lot more from this restaurant. The food was mediocre, as was the service. The clientele was definitely on the older side. This is not the place to go for a lively night out. Suffice it to say that we will not be returning.
- Food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2013Food and service was very good. Love the Thursday night special of 1/2 off selected bottles of wine.
- A real gem !OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/29/2013People will NOT go wrong coming to this great establishment. I have been here on several occasions, and have never been disappointed! Service is great, and the food is superb!Special Features:
- I 've been here several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2013I 've been here several times for business lunches and it is great. Food, service all good, and I want to get back for dinner, as to which I hear only good things from other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Beer Selection bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/25/2013The food is decent nothing special. Service was horrible and we went on a Wednesday during restaurant week. No one asked how the meal was nor refilled our waters. Our server took our entire order and when desert was supposed to be served, decided to tell us it wasn't available. Didn't think of telling us this when we ordered our entire meal. Only redeeming quality is their beer list.Special Features:
- Great food by new Executive Chef!!JJonesDined on 4/24/2013Food was excellent, had Crab Bisque, Seafood Stew and then Banana Creme Brulee everything was outstanding! Union City has really taken it to another level with bringing on board Matt Crist!! Will definitely be visiting much more in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2013I had the Restaurant Week menu items of shrimp cocktail, seafood stew, and tiramisu for dessert - all were excellent. The ambiance/decor was fine but some of the chairs and furniture seemed a bit dated, it could use freshening up. Dim lighting may have accentuated this. The server was brisk and reasonably attentive - only somewhat annoying aspect was when she asked my husband several times if he wanted another beer when he had already declined.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2013Nice beer and wine list. Other than that nothing special. Steak was good but the whipped potatoes were bland and there were no starch options (no baked potatoe with my steak?).
- This was our 3rd visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013This was our 3rd visit and this time we brought 2 other couples. It was disappointing. I asked for no mushrooms on my salad. Salad came with mushrooms. I ended up picking them out cause we didn't see waiter for over 10 minutes. Just said sorry, I must have grabbed wrong salad. One friend had scallops that were extremely salty. He also had coffee that was cold and extra strong. Told waiter about it and he brought out new cup. Was probably same one cause there was no difference. We had raved about how great food and service had been in the past. How embarrassing it was to have these issues and a waiter who could careless. Won't go back again and definitely will not recommend it.Special Features:
- Simple eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013The lunch menu is short but tasty; my guest and I enjoyed the food very much. The main dining area is not large, but we were seated next to a party of eight who were talking and laughing energetically; we wished for a spot on the other side of the room. Our server was prompt and courteous, the cost is higher than fast food or some other restaurants in the area, but not exorbitant for this area and for this quality of food. Free, on-site parking in Wilmington is a nice plus.Special Features:
- Hostess was not very friendly.MAryDined on 4/9/2013Hostess was not very friendly. Wait staff was average, food was very good
- Great dinner......the crabOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2013Great dinner......the crab bisque is one of the best we have ever had. Great salmon and Mahi Mahi as well.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual! Can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2013Excellent as usual! Can't beat the crab bisque..best in the areaSpecial Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food was great and the service was very personal. Nice and quiet and very clean.Special Features:
- Every time I go to Union CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Every time I go to Union City Grille it is always a great experience. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, the food is amazing, and the price is just right. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Phenominal food and fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/27/2013Phenominal food and fantastic service....I think that says it all....NICE JOB Union City GrilleSpecial Features:
- We had a great meal and theGreatVIPDined on 3/25/2013We had a great meal and the service was very good. Great burgers!Special Features:
- This was our first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013This was our first time here and we enjoyed a nice lunch. Crab bisque was delicious. Hamburger was tasty. Thought the tuna tacos were a little dry.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2013The food and service were excellent, we will be back.Special Features:
- 3 days later we are stillLuvfoodVIPDined on 3/19/20133 days later we are still talking about how delicious the dinner we had was.Special Features:
- Nice surprise...TinkDined on 3/17/2013Ambiance and food both good...we'll be back! Thank you.Special Features:
- trouble cooking streaks toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013trouble cooking streaks to correct doneness. 2 out of 4 filet's had to get sent back.
- Parking was a little trickyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Parking was a little tricky but well worth the effort! Warm, welcoming dining room. Friendly, courteous staff. Scrumptious food (particularly the crab bisque and short rib nachos). Our filet and flat-iron steaks were cooked perfectly and the salmon was yummy. Enjoyed the live acoustic music in the lounge. Everything added up to a really nice evening. Our party of four were first time diners @ UCG and will definitely be back. +++recommend to family and friends.Special Features:
- Food was served hot and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Food was served hot and was absolutely delicious. Our server was very good - friendly and efficient. We were seated in a very nice booth next to the front windows. We will definitely go back and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Delicious and perfect portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013I ordered the 5 oz filet and it was absolutely delicious. The most tender, flavorful filet I have been served in a long time!Special Features: