Union City Grille
805 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19805Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unioncitygrille.com/
- Phone: 3026549780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Holiday Hours: Vary, please call for exact times
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matthew Curtis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the capabilities of doing creative off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area is perfect for professional presentations, special occasions or holiday parties. Custom menus, dedicated staff and flexible furnishings make hosting any event an easy and memorable experience. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Curtis 3026549780
- Entertainment: Entertainment weekly. Check www.UnionCityGrille.com for an updated list of live entertainment.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Martini Thursdays, Brews and Blues Wednesday. 1/2 Price Burger Monday nights. Wine Dinners.
A word from Union City Grille
Metromixes: Best "Steakhouse" Restaurant of 2010 ***Our seating is very versatile. Call us if you have trouble booking through Open Table. A short drive from just about anywhere! UCG began in 2003. In September 2008 Chef Matthew Curtis purchased the business and brought aboard Executive Chef Robert Lhulier to define the cuisine. Together, they team up to bring you "Food that tastes the way it should". Fresh ingredients, prepared simply with little fuss. The silky Crab Bisque, Chili and steak are the areas best. UCG's bar & lounge is ideal for relaxing, gathering with friends by the fireplace or watching the game on 4 large HD TV's. Enjoy a micro brew, glass of a wine or a nice scotch. The private dining area is perfect for any event from 6 to 60. Call for larger parties. Sunday dining features the areas only "Name your cut Filet" for just $2 an ounce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Union City Grille - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Union City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)romantic (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Leaps better than years agoBaconIsAVegetableVIPDined on 2/14/2014We haven't eaten here in years due to mediocre experiences in the past, but we will definitely be back after our Valentine's Day meal. The roasted cauliflower appetizer with spinach and chili was a nice start. My scallops over roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potato puree was AWESOME. Seriously the best scallop dish I ever had. One complaint would be the decor which needs some serious upgrades. It's too old, bright, and not at all romantic feeling. My only only mini-complaint was about the dessert. The flavors did not meld together well - the apples and salted caramel would have been better paired with a vanilla ice cream (not a hard double chocolate chip). Overall, my compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- We highly recommend. AlwaysGreatVIPDined on 2/10/2014We highly recommend. Always great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Regular PatronBrunchVIPDined on 2/1/2014We ar At Union City almost every week. The steak order for my daughter had to be sent back twice. Once wrong order, they came with salmon instead. Second they had the steak prepared incorrectly. Nothing was offered like free dessert to accommodate the waiter's inaccuracy. Waiter was absent from our table. Other waitresses were giving us water since he seems to disappear after serving us. What's up with that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!luvtohearSteveDined on 1/31/2014Waiter recognized us as we sat down and remembered our favorite drink. Brought two new couples in with us to see Steve Silicato sing. He was just great. Food here is better than it was a year ago. Calamari could have been crispier. Other dishes were pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!Sadie1Dined on 1/24/2014My friends and I enjoyed a great meal and nice wine as a pre-dinner show before heading to the Hotel DuPont theatre. It was perfect...food was really good, waitress was attentive and friendly, and we didn't have to wait too long for anything. Overall, we were all really pleased with our meals and the restaurant. Three of us had the salmon and we enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Improved food and new wine listDEdinerVIPDined on 1/23/2014Quality of the food here has always been good but has improved in variety and sophistication.The service by Maura, John and others has always been first rate. The most impressive change has been the additions to the wine list including a number of premium bottles as well as a half price offer on selected bottles on Thursdays. There 2 for $20 dinners on Tuesdays is also a great bargain.Special Features:
- Great Night OutnightoutDined on 1/18/2014UCB was a great night out for our group of 4. We enjoyed the food, were very pleased with the noise level...so challenging to have great conversations when at the bigger, box restaurants...This had an intimate, clean feeling and we were able to enjoy our company even though the place was packed. It was Saturday night. Enjoyed my scallop entree, fettucine with meatballs was overflowing with pasta. Crab cake and shrimp appetizers were great. Tried dessert, cheesecake and chocolate hazelnut creme brulee. Great with coffee Really enjoyed the wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch 01 15 14VJGreenVIPDined on 1/14/2014Great location for a business lunch. Quiet atmosphere with great acoustics which allow you to speak in normal tones and not be heard by the other tables. Best Crab Bisque in town.....and the sandwiches are plentiful...Beef Tenderloin on ciabatta with your choice of chees and sautéed onions is fantastic as was the Pork Shoulder sandwich. Salads are robust, fresh and large. Great value and the services is always great. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have never been disappointed.GreatVIPDined on 1/13/2014We have never been disappointed. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been here twice andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2014I have been here twice and both time with a Groupon. They wait staff is every friendly and the service is great. This might be because both times were in the middle of the week and we were the only table in the dining room. The menu food is very good but the burger was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We highly recommend UnionGreatVIPDined on 1/6/2014We highly recommend Union Street Grill. Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer lovers, take noteFeedMe2Dined on 1/5/2014My husband and I both enjoyed our meals. He had the flat iron steak and I had the scallops - delicious. The beer menu was comprehensive - many, many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's Eve!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food and service was great, the staff was very pleasant and friendly. However our favorite was the entertainment, Steve was great! We went over to the bar side after dinner and stayed until after we rang in the new year. It was very nice, we had fun!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We went here on recommendation's from friends and was very disappointed. The food was good but a bit pricey for appetizers and beers. You can get a 6-pack for the same price of one bottled beer. The ambience wasn't bad they had entertainment there for the holidays. The service there was the worst part, the waitress kept on coming back to the table to confirm the order and after the meal we found out that she never put the order in for the only side dish they actually had available that we asked for. We did wonder a few times if she was going to come back and refill our drinks, which she did promptly after our dinner came out. We did still tip her, however you really shouldn't be rewarded for a bad job.Special Features:
- Great place to ring i the New YearmojackcityDined on 12/31/2013Had a fabulous dinner at Union City Grille as usual. One of our favorite places!Special Features:
- great margaritasAnnieDined on 12/24/2013Everything was excellent! We had a wonderful time. The margaritas are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for the FamilyMhbsrmDined on 12/21/2013After a great outing with the office for a holiday lunch, we followed up for dinner with the family. The wait staff was very attentive and discussed the menu options and specials. We ordered numerous salads and appetizers to get things started. The beer selections are great offering many local and Belgium choices. The kids menu offered many choices to our younger con's delight. The dinner portions were perfect and had one doggie bag to go home. Would definitely recommend the american bistro flair to any family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!BinaDined on 12/7/2013We had 13 in our party and everyone enjoyed their meal!!! The server was a little slow and not very attentive to our table on a night that was not so busy. I would recommend to friends because the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and services wasrickDined on 12/7/2013The food and services was outstanding thanks to our sever Barbara. The only thing we were disppointed in they had no zinfandel or rozay wines available. We would highly recommended this restuarant the food and services always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Cris creates wonderfulGregDined on 11/21/2013Chef Cris creates wonderful weekly as well as specia occasion menus. Food is always delicious with excellent and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood eateryWayneDined on 11/16/2013only blocks from our house, this is one of our favorite restaurants in the Union Street/Trolley Square area. Great food, great service. highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the food.FoodieDined on 11/8/2013Very happy with the food. Made the crab cake appy a dinner and it was delicious. A little spicy which I loved. My husband had the filet - very tasty but a little chewy. Crab bisque soup a must. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week Night DinnerOnTheWaterDined on 10/30/2013Had dinner here in the middle of the week before going to the theater. We were greeted warmly. The waiter was knowledgeable about the specials and described them very well. The food was wonderful and the service was quick and friendly. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday LunchSisterDaughterDinnerDined on 10/30/2013Food was slow to arrive at the table and served cold. It needed to be sent back for heating. Did not substitute bread for cornbread which was not available until asked to provide something.
- Delaware Dines OutclassyfeetDined on 10/26/2013I attended this restaurant for Delaware Dines Out event. I had their pre-fixed menu and purchased a mojito martini. The martini was very strong and difficult to chug down. The soup (pumpkin bisque) was delicious. It had duck in it and I thought it was very well made. I ordered a steak medium/well. I sent it back to the kitchen and they were nice enough grill it a little further for me. Even with that, the steak wasn't anything special. The desert was a creme brulee which was also delicious. I also tried the mushroom tempura which was tasty. Overall, not bad. I will try them again in the future.
- Glad we went!DoowopDined on 10/24/2013My boyfriend and I finally decided that we would go here during Delaware Dines Out. Upon arrival, we were confused about where to park. There's a small lot to the right of the restaurant, and I think there was parking behind. We were lucky and snagged a spot very close. As we entered, we were met with warm welcoming colors. We had to wait a few minutes for someone to greet us, and when a young man did, he didn't smile much, if at all. We had reservations. We were sat in a nice corner of the restaurant. The tables had individuals light dimmers, which I found accomodating. We were greeted by a gentleman who was very knowledgeable about everything. Our orders came out at the perfect time, and the food was AMAZING! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasedKeithDined on 10/24/2013Our dinners were very good. We chose from the nights special menu. The portions were just right. The tempura mushroom appetizer was one of the finest I have had. The service and pace of meal led to a very relaxing and enjoyable night. My compliments to the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinning experience.Tony803Dined on 10/23/2013The tastes were unique for each dish, incredible flavors. We had the three course dinner (soup, entree and dessert). We could not eat slow enough, it was that good.Special Features:
- Great steak!Love2eatoutDined on 10/12/2013Wonderful food, drinks and great service. Steaks were cooked to perfectly medium which is very difficult to get accurately by most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!LisaMarieDined on 10/12/2013It was our 1st time & it will not be our last. I took my husband there w/ our 11 yr old son for my husband's birthday. I ordered the 5 oz tenderloin & it was perfectly cooked & the whipped potatoes & asparagus were delish! My husband ordered the special, pork medallions & he really enjoyed it. My son ordered the 10 oz. bacon wrapped pork chop & requested it medium well but it came out very rare. That was my only complaint but it was a very thick cut. They quickly corrected it & he loved his meal as well. Everything was delicious & the service was excellent. It's a lovely restaurant. I love the booth design as there is a little "barrier" between each booth for privacy. This restaurant is a great choice for date night or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak joint!hansDined on 10/11/2013The service was speedy with a smile. They have an extensive wine and beer menu. We enjoyed the 5oz filets done to perfection. All at a reasonable price. We will be going back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a first rate experienceRobertDined on 10/5/2013Union City is our go-to spot got dining in Wilmington. Menu items and specials are creative and well excited. Extensive beer and wine by the glass options. On our most recent Saturday visit, we had live music with a gentleman singing standards. This added to our overall dining pleasure. Service was pleasant and efficient. My wife is rather picky about the "noneness" of her steak. The server and the kitchen make sure it is prepared to her liking.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRyanDined on 10/5/2013We had a group of 10 and we took a friend here for her birthday dinner. The restaurant and the bar area were packed, but we were seated at a large table in the semi-private area behind the bar. We could still here the live music from the singer that night, but it wasn't too loud that we couldn't have our own conversations. I imagine that if we were in the bar area the music would have been very loud. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Most of us ordered the filet and not only was it outstanding, but they were cooked perfectly. I would reccommend Union City Grill to others and I will definitely be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both appetizers and entreesAdventurousDinerVIPDined on 9/21/2013Both appetizers and entrees (duck pasta and pork chop) were perfectly cooked and delicious leaving us with no room for dessert. The dining room decor seemed a little dated. Parking was very limited, and we had to park several blocks away--a drag when it started to rain. I would certainly return, but only with an umbrella if it looked like rain!
- Unknown to us but there wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2013Unknown to us but there were only three tables filled. The bar was filled and they had a great singer. Five of us had great meals. One of us had his dish way over cooked and dry, the second time it came out ice cold so he went to order a steak instead but by that time we were all finished. He was comped.Special Features:
- Great SteakGilaPaulDined on 8/21/2013I had an 8 ounce Steak and it was done to perfection. The Rub they use at Union City Grille enhances the flavor of the steak instead of hiding it like some do. My wife got a Mushroom Polenta with Arugula that looked great and she said it was great. The bar and restaurant was busy due to a gathering of Opera Delaware saying farewell, but the noise was moderate and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was very good, weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2013The food was very good, we both enjoyed our meals. Steaks were cooked as ordered and delicious. The salad and sides were quite tasty, as was dessert. My only complaint was that we felt quite rushed. We were there on a weeknight evening, there were a lot of empty tables, so there was no one waiting. I felt we were being hurried up from the time we sat down, first to order, then with each course. I was still eating my salad when the main course was brought out. The waitress said, "oh are you still working on that?" like I was being too slow too suit her. This was a birthday celebration with my son who I see infrequently and I would have liked to be able to relax and enjoy his company without feeling hurried along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EntertainmentJimmyDined on 8/15/2013Wonderful evening with Steve Silicato doing all of his Sinatra/Bennett stuff, and a little Stones for us! Excellent service. Don't sit along the outside wall unless you like air conditioning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Atmosphere indifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2013A party of four had a good meal, but the atmosphere is indifferent. We would go again because there was excellent value (a nightly special). The main dining room is devoid of warmth and is therefore not particularly welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I bought a living social couponOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2013I bought a living social coupon for this restaurant. I am from the area and always heard great things about this restaurant and their food. I was extremely disappointed when I arrived. It was a Friday night at 6:30 p.m. and only ONE table was in the restaurant. By the time we finished our meal, only two other tables had been seated.The decor was older looking and I felt could use some modernization. We had an awful table in the back by the server station and walkway from the kitchen to the bar. With no one in the restaurant I felt their better tables should have been sat. The food was very good, but all in all this was a very forgettable restaurant. I do not think I will be back.