Union City Grille
805 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19805Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Union City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unioncitygrille.com/
- Phone: 3026549780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Holiday Hours: Vary, please call for exact times
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matthew Curtis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have the capabilities of doing creative off premise catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining area is perfect for professional presentations, special occasions or holiday parties. Custom menus, dedicated staff and flexible furnishings make hosting any event an easy and memorable experience. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Curtis 3026549780
- Entertainment: Entertainment weekly. Check www.UnionCityGrille.com for an updated list of live entertainment.
- Special Events: 1/2 Price Martini Thursdays, Brews and Blues Wednesday. 1/2 Price Burger Monday nights. Wine Dinners.
A word from Union City Grille
Metromixes: Best "Steakhouse" Restaurant of 2010 ***Our seating is very versatile. Call us if you have trouble booking through Open Table. A short drive from just about anywhere! UCG began in 2003. In September 2008 Chef Matthew Curtis purchased the business and brought aboard Executive Chef Robert Lhulier to define the cuisine. Together, they team up to bring you "Food that tastes the way it should". Fresh ingredients, prepared simply with little fuss. The silky Crab Bisque, Chili and steak are the areas best. UCG's bar & lounge is ideal for relaxing, gathering with friends by the fireplace or watching the game on 4 large HD TV's. Enjoy a micro brew, glass of a wine or a nice scotch. The private dining area is perfect for any event from 6 to 60. Call for larger parties. Sunday dining features the areas only "Name your cut Filet" for just $2 an ounce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Union City Grille - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Union City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (12)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)romantic (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Union City is one of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2009Union City is one of my favorites. I invite clients there for business discussions at lunchtime and my husband and our friends particularly enjoy having dinner here. The food and service are always top-notch.
- Good for a comfortable, casualcentercitygalVIPDined on 10/11/2009Good for a comfortable, casual neighborhood dinner. Not a destination place.Special Features:
- We recently dined here duringDel19808Dined on 10/10/2009We recently dined here during the Delaware Dines Out week. We had not been in a year or so, just never seem to get there. We were delighted with the food. The chile appetizer is especially good. Service was fine. We did miss the couches in the bar area that we've =enjoyed in the past. Hope those come back. we love the fireplace.Special Features:
- The pasta noodle was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2009The pasta noodle was very light & flavorful; however, the too salty and acidic pomodoro sauce rendered the dish inedible. Shrimp added to the pasta dish appeared to be previously prepared for a shrimp cocktail appetizer and did nothing to enhance the entree. Half of the shrimp were too mushy. Service was poor. It was like we were invisible. Wrong entree presented to dinner companion. This was our first and, for certain, the last time for this restaurant.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2009The food and service were exemplary! The chili was well seasoned and the salmon was cooked to perfection. The fries were some of the best we have tasted! A great find in Wilmington.Special Features:
- We ate on a Delaware DinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2009We ate on a Delaware Dines Out evening with a good sized crowd--my steak was really very good, and my wife's salmon was overcooked. The staff were congenial, and our waitress was pleasant, if a bit absent when we wanted her. A good meal, but it won't enter my top list in Wilmington.Special Features:
- It was ok---nothing exceptional;TbearVIPDined on 10/7/2009It was ok---nothing exceptional; food was a little bland.
- We had the filet steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/6/2009We had the filet steak and salmon entrees and they were excellent. Told the waiter we had a train to catch and the food was out very quickly.Special Features:
- Was expecting more and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2009Was expecting more and was a little disapointed. I think you can get a better steak at outback. My date did enjoy her gnocchi.
- Overpriced for quality ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2009Overpriced for quality of food. Nice meal. No wait for table.
- Excellent meal. We both hadOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2009Excellent meal. We both had pasta at a steak house, and both meals were delicious.Special Features:
- The Union City Grille is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2009The Union City Grille is great! Iteresting menu, excellent freshness and quality, excellent presentation. Waitstaff is anxious to please.
- The Union City Grille wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2009The Union City Grille was good, but not special. The service was good, but not great. In short it is more expensive than it needs to be considering the lack of "special" feeling. One notable exception is the rub used on their steaks. That is excellent.
- We went early (5PM) on a Wed.linwDined on 9/9/2009We went early (5PM) on a Wed. night so it was very quiet. The pasta dish with crab and shrimp was excellent and the service was very attentive. Parking was easy even though downtown. We will return.Special Features:
- Overall, we were disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/5/2009Overall, we were disappointed. I ordered the seared tuna with cold asian vegetables & soba noodles. The tuna was done perfectly, however it was overwhelmed by too sour ginger sauce. Also, the whole dish was swimming in dressing/juice from the completely non-asian vegetables. Combination of sauces made whole dish too acidic. I would prefer if they drizzled the tuna with a much milder sauce and served more traditional asian vegetables with a very, very light dressing - served in a separate dish. Plain rice noodles would be preferable and more attractive than the gray soba noodles as well. We ordered the mocha maple crepes for dessert. They were terrible. Chocolate was not melted and maple flavoring was obviously artificial.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the 1/2 priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2009Really enjoyed the 1/2 price on bottles of wine enabling us to be adventurous and experiment with wines that were new to us. Tried it because of the price fix menu and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My wife treated me to a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2009My wife treated me to a birthday dinner. The food and service were excellent. I ordered a steak and found it to be as good if not better than highly advertised steak houses. She always orders salmon with lentils and found it excellant although the lentils were not up to the usual standard. The wine was good and very reasonably priced. Our waitperson was very good and attentive. Overall it was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- The wine list had a good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2009The wine list had a good selection and was well priced. Had an interesting and varied menu. we especially enjoyed the atmosphere, upscale but relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2009Everything was delicious and attractively served. Service was very helpful and accomodating, with a varied menu.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2009Dinner was very good. The restaurant was empty so I was surprised to be seated at a very small, uncomfortable booth.Special Features:
- the food was very over salted,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2009the food was very over salted, otherwise an nice place to go.
- The food was ok. I was notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2009The food was ok. I was not impressed. But I had fun because the room was quiet and I was with a good friend who I was able to talk to and laugh with.
- We dine here on a regularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2009We dine here on a regular basis and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Flatbread appetizer and scallopOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2009Flatbread appetizer and scallop entree tasty. Bubbly nicely chilled but not as bubbly as we thought it should be. Enjoyed music playing in background. The Sauv Blanc had changed and was pricer but not reflected on the menu (but on our bill)- don't think this should have been overlooked by owner/manager (it seems obvious that when a menu item changes a customer should be informed). Service was good.Special Features:
- food & service were very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2009food & service were very good will go back as soon as we canSpecial Features:
- I was VERY excited to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2009I was VERY excited to go to Union City Grille to get a nice piece of Filet Mignon. From the Photo on the website, the steak rub looked AMAZING. Once the steak finally came, I was somewhat disappointed. Although the steak was cooked perfectly (Medium Rare) and one of most tender I have ever eaten, it lacked flavor. That being said, the mashed potatos and seasonal vegetables were DELICIOUS. I know I cannot base my opinion solely on the steak, and so I will definitely go back and try additional menu items. But in this particular case, I was disappointed.
- I had the ribeye which wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2009I had the ribeye which was absolutely delicious! The antipasto salad was also very tasty and a large enough portion for two.Special Features:
- I was part of a group of 4,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/19/2009I was part of a group of 4, all first-time diners. Two had the tuna and loved it, although they said the soba noodles that accompanied it "tasted funny". One had a mussels and clams fra diavolo and loved it. I had the blackened crab cakes and was very disappointed. For the price I expected at least some lump crabmeat, but it was more like a deviled crab mixture. We all had the arugula/granny smith apple salad with poppyseed dressing which was a special, and it was delicious. Service was excellent and ambiance very nice.
- We liked the fact that thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009We liked the fact that there were options for selecting "trendy" food as well as a good old steak !Special Features:
- Overall food was above averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2009Overall food was above average in taste and large menu selection. Service was somewhat slow, had to ask for drink refills (pet peave). Lunch took us well over an hour to order and eat, so food delivery was a tad slow.Special Features:
- First impressions are important.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2009First impressions are important. Union City Grille doe this as soon as you walk through the door. The dining room is very inviting with warm colors, attractive use of lighting, a fresh modern look and comfortable spacious booth seating. We had lunch. The menu offers classic foods with innovative twists. We had a seafood chowder that used a delicious hearty tomatoe broth and nice morsels of meat and vegetables. Split a Caesar with grilled tuna and creme brulee cheese cake that was perfect. I will be back for dinner!Special Features:
- Our Server Martin, was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2009Our Server Martin, was fantastic! We had the crab appetizer special and it was great. My husband had the chicken dish topped with crabmeat, and I had the lamb chops special. They were both delicious! "Stretch" was the entertainment in the bar area and we enjoyed him too.Special Features:
- We went for an early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2009We went for an early dinner so the restaurant was not crowded. Service was excellent and we selected the Sunday prix fix menu which featured Italian specials. We enjoyed it so much we are planning to return soon.
- We are a returning customerspaladyDined on 3/14/2009We are a returning customer to this establishment. Love the cheesecake buerlee'.Special Features:
- My steak was melt-in-your-mouthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2009My steak was melt-in-your-mouth tender and very flavorful. I wish that they offered other potato options besides fries or mashed. I happened to go on a Friday night when they had live entertainment at the bar. I could hear it in the dining room and it was good enough for us to go to want to go sit in the bar after dinner.Special Features:
- Everthing was excellent. MyEdMcDDined on 3/7/2009Everthing was excellent. My friends and I had a great time. It is pricey, pushing our limit.Special Features: