Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
1411 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2155570724
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 5:00pm Daily
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Philadelphia hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/philadelphia
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia
Thank you for reserving at Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia. We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, private dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit www.mortons.com. Please note: To assure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (46)good for groups (32)notable wine list (31)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- overrated !!kennywDined on 6/15/2014First i would like to say i enjoyed the Chicago bone in rib eye but it was not worth nearly $60. I also had a $13 salad and $5 cranberry juice . Texas roadhouse offers equal tasting steaks along with 2 sides and a drink for $30 . Mortons is OK but i won't return there if I'm going to spend that kind of paper I'll go back to peter lugers in NYC whose porterhshould be on everyone's bucket list. Lastly, i tipped george my waiter $20 bcuz he was friendly and did his job appropriately.Special Features:
- Well done steak done wellNewcomerVIPDined on 6/15/2014Since I like my steaks closer to well done, I am always pleased when a restaurant gets it right. My steak was cooked perfectly as was my wife's veal chop. Sides dishes were excellent too. We combined an evening at the theater with dinner here and it made for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!TlovinDined on 6/14/2014Good was amazing!!! Our server George was absolutely wonderful and made our experience that much better!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sumptuous meal for $ 49ScienceVIPDined on 6/11/20144 course meal at this price with a real good cut of filet mignon is worth every penny. I had tired a Californian Blend, Conundrum. It has a very different finish and a distinct plum taste and flavors of currant and maybe mocha. It was delicious. Also, our server Rob was a great guy.Special Features:
- Unbelievable Customer ServiceNJBillDined on 6/6/2014When making the reservation on-line, I said our dinner was celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived at Morton's, they handed us personalized menus with Congratulations 5th Wedding Anniversary across the top. The waitress took our picture, printed it out and presented it to us in a Morton's frame with a personalized note. And of course they treated us to dessert. This place knows what customer service is all about. They go way above expectations and make your evening one to really remember.Special Features:
- The following 825 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - Philadelphia reviews archive.
- DisappointedMeatLoverDined on 5/31/2014Service from Ericka was outstanding. Had veal chop, mushroom special and spinach. Veal chop was nice but sides were not hot, mushrooms tasteless and tough. Coffee not good, so ended with that. If staff wasn't so nice (they took the mushrooms off of the bill), I would have really not liked it. Morton's used to be better.
- A special night outNeedtogetoutDined on 5/24/2014Last night's dinner was wonderful. The service was excellent. We both had the surf and turf price fixe, allowing us both to try different menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We picked a Friday night when most people would be traveling for the holiday. We were looking for a quiet evening with good company and good food. That's exactly what we received. The people at Morton's did an outstanding job. That's why we go back frequently. The food and service is consistently perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, neat serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Food was excellent, without any qualms with that or dissatisfaction. The service was also equally superb, and the being open until 10 pm is a great find in a neighborhood where many of the restaurants close much earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife 30th bdayGunnDined on 5/16/2014We had an amazing time. Everything was perfect. Our service was out of this world. One negative was that my wife and I like our steaks med/medwell. Our server did tell us that our steaks would be butterflied. Our last time here and all other steak houses around never done that. I feel paying over $50 for a piece a steak, it should be good. Our steaks were not good at all. The rest of the food was amazing. We had many appetizers, salads, soups, sides, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in Town!HappyDinerDined on 5/2/2014Morton's was the best choice for celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. The service and experience was excellent. I would definitely return in the future. They get an A+ in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meatNanaoukDined on 5/1/2014We has Big meat Juicy and well served. Steaks are amazing could be sharedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's DisappointeddrCC2VIPDined on 4/27/2014I have been going to Morton's for years, but for my last few visits, they seem to be declining. The prices continue to go up, but the portions and the quality of food declines. It is unfortunate because it was a favorite spot, but I can no longer reconcile spending the money for a less than fair meal.
- Morton's: the Standard in Steak.SanojmonVIPDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I have been here twice. And it's been a perfect plate every single time. Food: The steaks are cooked to exactly how you want it. But it's not just their steaks, it's everything else on the menu also! I had their 'watermelon' salad. I usually hate salad, but this one salad made me a fan. Service: Exactly what you want. Not hanging around or in your face, but there right when you need them, and they have great recommendations. Decor: Nice, classy little joint. Ambience: Very relaxed, but fancy. Overall, a bit pricey, but you get fantastic food and great service. This is the standard of a great steakhouse.Special Features:
- One of Philly's bestFoodFanDined on 4/19/2014Our dinner experience at Morton's was outstanding. Although some have complained about the dining area being upstairs, I felt the drama of the stair case and the lush decor made it more theatrical. Our waiter George was so attentive -- he was welcoming, funny, and obviously well-versed in both the dinner and wine menu. Our daughter has serious food allergies, and both George and the manager, put our minds to ease with their attention to her diet restrictions, allowing us to relax and enjoy a truly delightful dinner. Our steaks were done perfectly per our requests, and the sides were well-seasoned and delicious complements to our entrees. The salmon was flavorful and moist. Although a bit pricey, it was money well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sf322Dined on 4/13/2014MY wife and I had a very nice time at your restaurant! The food was incredible! The waiter was very nice and informative. They took our picture, printed it and gave it to us in a little frame with happy anniversary written in it! A very nice touch!! We had a great time!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Fine Dining Experience!LuigiVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had an absolutely wonderful dinner with great service and fine wine! There is nothing better than that! Thanks for the memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary gift everFMH4LIFEDined on 4/12/2014Everything was great. Steak was delicious but the mashed potato were out of this world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experienceeasyrepDined on 4/12/2014We had a wonderful experience at Morton's Steakhouse. It was our 6th wedding Anniversary and Morton's made it very special by just doing little things like having a menu made specifically for us with our wedding date on the top and taking a photo of the two of to remember this special occasion. Everyone that worked there was very nice and made sure that we had everything that we asked for. Our waitress, Erica, was excellent she was pleasant and very knowledgable with regards to the menu and wine list. The food was also excellent our steaks were cooked perfectly and the sides were declicious and enough to share for two. Overall I would definately recommend Morton's and I am looking forward to my next dining experience with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- other patronsbill2014Dined on 4/10/2014I was extremely disappointed in one couple that sat two booths down from us on 4/10 @5:30 dining. The man with the quest did more cursing at the table that was heard at my table. i was extremely embarrass from my wife and I. The only thing i could think of was that this person was in the wrong place and should have had dinner somewhere else. This type of manner is not acceptable. I was have to consider this location in the future when I attend another function at that Academy of Music. This situation was the only item i had a problem with, the entire staff was fantastic. Hopefully i will return in the future. Again, thanks for taking my concerns.Special Features:
- Great night out!merespeDined on 4/5/2014My fiance and I had an incredible dinner at morton's last weekend. We were celebrating his new promotion. Best meal we've had in a long time! We had the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella add an appetizer which was delicious. For an entree I had the 6oz filet with bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp. I had the Foley prepared Oscar style which was absolutely incredible. My fiance had the 12oz filet with blue cheese butter and he loved it! Wet also tried the truffle fries which were very interesting! Then we shared a key lime pie which was definitely big enough to share. Perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but not forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Food was good, but not for the price. I think other restaurants at the same price level would provide a better experience. I ordered a Medium 12oz Filet ($50), which looked more like Rare than Medium. Otherwise the appetizers were tasty, and the service was friendly, but you could definitely find a better high end steakhouse in Center City.
- Go To RestaurantSWilliamsDined on 3/28/2014We were celebrating my husband's 45th birthday and we received a customized menu wishing him a happy birthday. Along with the exceptional food, Morton's took the time to take a picture of my husband and I to celebrate his birthday. It came with a customized card to hold the picture inside. Our waiter was very helpful and assisted us throughout our choices for the night. From here on out Morton's will be my go to restaurant. This is the place to be to enjoy a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new and improved Morton'sfoodsnubDined on 3/27/2014I have not been to Morton's in 7 years and a lot has changed for the better. My wife and I brought the Priest that married us for our 7 year Wedding Anniversary. The menu is personalized with Happy Anniversary and a picture was taken of the 3 of us. These are not big deals, but certainly makes Morton's stand out in a very crowded space. The reason for 4 stars on the food was my steak was slightly overcooked. Of course, I was immediately offered a new steak, but declined due to my stomach growling. Since I declined the new steak, the maitre'd demanded I not pay for the steak. I accepted because I am very cheap. The dessert was also on the house due to the anniversary. Morton's is not inexpensive, but it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeMikeDined on 3/26/2014Great service, good food, extremely expensive for not being the best steak. Steak was good but not great. Servers were exceptional! Probably would try another Steak place, lots of choices near bySpecial Features:
- After many meals over manyTrishlovesthedishDined on 3/23/2014After many meals over many years, I will never go to another Morton's again. 12.00 for a simple baked potato, 9.75 for a bottle of sparkling water, and mediocre food says it all. Shameful.
- Birthday LuxuryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014I took my husband out for his birthday and was pleasantly surprised at the attentiveness details that were displayed by our server and hosts. My husband received a birthday menu, a souffle and a photo commemorating his birthday dinner. It was very nice and I would reccomend this place to anyone else looking for a steak dinner and a little ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a FANTASTIC experienceFinnDined on 3/22/2014We had a FANTASTIC experience for my sons 18th Birthday!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfrances312Dined on 3/16/2014it was our first time going and we will be returning. Everything was great:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointedJt123Dined on 3/11/2014My wife and I had been to this location before and were looking forward to dining there again. The first thing I notices when I walked in was that people were dressed in t-shirts and hoodies with their pants around their knees. The wait staff all looked to be very young and I couldn't help but notice them acting like kids back by the service window. That included the wait staff and cooks. The food was okay, but for a fraction of the price I can go get an okay steak at Longhorne. Next time we want to treat ourselves, I think we will try one of the other steakhouses within a block.
- A superior steak dinner!aliroseDined on 2/28/2014Morton's has all of the typical steakhouse dishes, but I suggest going with one of the gourmet specials. I had a porcini encrusted bone in filet and it was the most delicious steak I've ever had! The sides are scrumptious and I recommend the apple dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!herbestfriendDined on 2/26/2014It is pricey and every item is a la carte... however, it is well worth the money! The service was great and the food was delicious! Also, I told them ahead of time that it was my best friend's birthday... and they gave her a customized menu with Happy Birthday Ashley written across the top! It made her feel special and made the experience worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great restaurant! Service was great and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestfrankVIPDined on 2/22/2014The Best steakhouse ..not even close....always a cut above the rest
- Just Not FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014My wife & I ate dinner here & had the salmon & peppercorn steak. The salmon was flavorless. It tasted like any plain salmon you get from anywhere & certainly not worth the big price tag. The steak was ok, cooked well, just ok & again definitely not worth the big price tag. The staff, location, embiance where all terrific, it was just bad that the food didn't match that. We will not eat here again.Special Features:
- Great FoodJerseyGirlDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good and the service what excellent....BUT the valet was non existant. We circled twice and did not see the valet just the sign. We waited double parked for 10 mins and went and found a parking garage. One that the restaurant did not validate by the way...other than that it was good. Will not be coming back to the Philly location though...I have mobility issues and need to be able to park by the door or use valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime aged bone in rib eyeFranBelDined on 2/14/2014Prime aged bone in rib eye was phenomenal! Best steak we've had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AverageTraceyDined on 2/14/2014To be honest I was happy with everything but the food. It was Average at best. We have eaten at the Palm and Butcher and Singer for the same price points and the food at Mortons could not hold a candle to the other two places mentioned. I would not return simply based on that alone. If I am paying 55.00 a meal it should be that a Meal! not a morsal.Special Features:
- Dinner with SonBozemanDined on 2/10/2014Perfect Dinner with adult son visiting from out of town. Waiter was attentive but not smothering. The food was excellent, steaks cooked to our liking. Morton s consistently delivers.Special Features:
- One of the best...2012NewYorkerDined on 2/9/2014We've been eating at Morton's for special occasions for years. Although I nostalgically missed the old atmosphere with the music from the 'Rat Pack', I do like the contemporary look and feel of the restaurant's décor. The staff was on top of everything and the food was fabulous! This particular location is always top notch. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.