Loews Don CeSar Hotel, 3400 Gulf Blvd.
3400 Gulf Blvd.
St. Pete Beach, FL 33706Neighborhood:
St. Pete Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sea Porch Restaurant at Loews Don CeSar Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Don-CeSar-Beach-Resort/dining/restaurants
- Phone: 7273601884x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for breakfast, lunch & dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 7am-3pm & 5-10pm
Friday - Saturday: 7am-3pm & 5-11pm
Join us for Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Hunsberger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities:
The Sea Porch restaurant, located on the garden level of our beautiful resort, offers groups a casual setting and a variety of Florribean delights.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, a semi-private dining area called “The Gatsby” can accommodate groups from 12-30 guests. A $500 rental fee is applicable for reserving The Gatsby and the required food and beverage minimum is $1,500 (prior to tax and service fee).
Please contact us for a copy of the menus, to check availability, or set up an appointment. The Sea Porch restaurant at the Loews Don CeSar Hotel offers the perfect setting for your next social or business event. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your group.
- Entertainment: Join us for live music on the outside patio on Friday and Saturday evenings, featuring live acoustic contemporary "beach music" from 6pm to 9pm.
- Special Events: Join us for a Breakfast Buffet on Saturdays and Sundays from 7am to 11:00am.
Groups can enjoy the Gatsby private area with sliding doors, making it even more exclusive for functions up to 30 people.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Casual and great foodSuechauDined on 4/14/2012Food was great and we all liked the light and airy atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and ambiance.SuperbVIPDined on 4/13/2012Wonderful food and ambiance. Seafood is outstanding with innovative preparation. Afterwards can enjoy walking on the beautiful beach, only steps away, and browsing the unique DonCesar Hotel shops.Special Features:
- Food is very good as is theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2012Food is very good as is the presentation since the "redo". A casual dinner outside was most enjoyable and relaxing. Bread basket is EXCEPTIONAL! Service was great. Parking validation is a great asset. Have dined there in the past and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- We booked the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2012We booked the reservation expecting to see the regular lunch menu (as listed on Open Table) but it was Brunch for Easter. The food was good - especially the Mahi-mahi with corn sauce and the chicken asparagus salad. However at $50pp(!!!) I would expect shrimp cocktail, oysters, crepes or waffles, and mimosas - but there were none of these. At $29.95 I would have found it pricey but acceptable at the Don. The service was great and our 8 year old really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Always a great time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/7/2012Always a great time at the Don Cesar. Our family has dined at the Sea Porch Cafe numerous times and we have always enjoyed the food and service. Lisa, our server on numerous occasions, has always been very personable and enjoyable to chat with. Great food and a hard to replicate beach dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved the location and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2012Loved the location and the food. So glad we tried it.Special Features:
- Since the menu was redoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/18/2012Since the menu was redone , the selection and preparation is just wonderful. Great spot for lunch whether inside or out.Special Features:
- Server was efficient. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2012Server was efficient. Food was very good, delivered warm. Good seafood selection.
- The food and servicenat theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2012The food and servicenat the seamporches was fabulous. We had the crab cake and the corn chowder soup. Our daughter, a college stident, said she had never tasted anything as good as the corn chowder. We followed these appetizers with the steak, salmon, and mahi main courses. All were cooked to perfection. This restaurant is pricey, but well worth it. There were many noisy children in the restaurant when we were there as this is the "casual dining spot" in the Don Cesar hotel. Be aware of this so your experience is not marred.Special Features:
- The restaurant is in a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/4/2012The restaurant is in a beautiful building, and that's probably the last positive comment I can make. The valet parking costs $18, exhorbitant!Once we were seated, it took fifteen minutes to have our water glasses filled-it was 1:30 pm and not crowded.I ordered the grilled mahi mahi sandwich which came with a salad that was ordinaire; the fish was overcooked and dry. They forgot to serve the promised mango aioli, and only brought it when I asked for something to add to the sandwich because the fish was so dry. We had to sit indoors due to high windson the beach that day. We had to wait to get our check. No one came by to refill our water glasses-had to flag down one of the hostesses. The meal was not worth the price of parking. Disappointing
- The chef always has somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/29/2012The chef always has something new and unusual on the menu. The recent offering of coconut cake was a surprise: large pieces of coconut baked in a cupcake, which needed a knife and fork to cut.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012My wife and I had a great time at Sea Porch Cafe. We had never been there before but had read some positive reviews online and decided to give it a try. We loved it! The service was outstanding, the food was great, and you can't beat the location right by the water. My wife ordered the Margarita pizza and I had the BBQ Grouper. Both awesome! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I haven't been to the SeaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2012I haven't been to the Sea Porch in over 10 years but the new upgrades and menu changes are amazing. We enjoyed the Farmer's Selection and Arugula/Watermelon Salads along with the nightly special and scallops. Wow! Everything was cooked to perfection with many flavours. It must be one of the best restaurants on the beach now!Special Features:
- A Cold Night in St. Pete BeachmcgdrgVIPDined on 2/11/2012We were at the hotel last Saturday for just one night and the high-end restauant at the hotel was booked. Since we had had a long day and didn't want to leave the hotel grounds we decided (based on guest reviews) to try the more low key Sea Porch Cafe. While the location and ambiance is typical big hotel breakfast/lunch cafe, the food was really very good. The service was also above what you would expect this kind of big hotel cafe. All in all, the four of us left very impressed and happy to have had the experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The crabcakes are the best in Florida - bar none. We always order something different and it's always a pleasant surprise. Ever since the remodel and new menu, the prices seem a bit high, but you do get what you pay for - excellent food and service. And the ambiance can't be beat either. If the weather is nice it's a great place to eat beachside.Special Features:
- I gave the "overall" a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012I gave the "overall" a very good and would have given it an Excellent if not for the prices. A little high for lunch. Everything else was wonderful. Terrific food, great beer and service beyond reproach. We would definitely go back again. Just need to save up! By the way, the salmon was devine.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, elegant locationAngelVIPDined on 2/10/2012Nice restaurant, elegant location but we probably won't return again next year. We don't really like Cuban cuisine. Excellent food, small portions, pricey, ala carte, great location outside, near the beach, or indoors if you wish.Special Features:
- Felt like royalty from theAngelVIPDined on 2/5/2012Felt like royalty from the moment we walked in. Exceptional food, service, and ambiance. Best Sunday breakfast buffet we've ever had. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant to watchGAK11101VIPDined on 2/2/2012Wonderful restaurant to watch the sun set. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012The Sea Porch at Don CeSar was very welcoming and the food was excellent! The chairs were comfortable and the food portions were very generous.Special Features:
- Very good overall - just aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2012Very good overall - just a bit costly. Special occasions only.Special Features:
- i took my partner there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2012i took my partner there for dinner on his birthday, and it was pretty much perfect. the food was wonderful and delicious, and the service was great. i was hoping for an ocean view, but the view of the pool/outdoor area at the amazing Don CeSar Hotel was still pretty beautiful. they let us walk out onto the beach to enjoy the sunset right before dinner, so all is well. there was some kind of corporate convention happening, so the music was a little distracting, but i think any other night it would be a very romantic place for a date. just be prepared to pay up for this exceptional place. but hey, for someone you love, it's totally worth splurging on.Special Features:
- The service was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012The service was very good although the person who served our food mixed up our orders. A small point but at a premier hotel I expected better. Everyone was very friendly. We ate outside and of course the view of the gulf is gorgeous but I was surprised how plain the deck was. No ambiance. Could use some color, plants...tablecloths. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- beautiful patio near poolRudyDined on 1/9/2012beautiful patio near pool and gulf beach plus great service....we'll be back.Special Features:
- Avoid brunch;enjoy the grand hotel.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011We were oceanside but because it was pouring rain, all porch doors had to be closed. This weather prevented us from enjoying a nice sunset. The weekend and special day (Christmas Day) brunch was expensive but well-prepared and with top food eg stone claw crab, excellent roast beef and enormous shrimp/scampies helped to accept the price. Food in the heated covered pans as per usual at brunches were overcooked and uninspiring. Desserts were ho hum. Free coffee was not covered. The main restaurant would have been a better choice with a la carte and more fresh cooked food.I wish we had been offered to change venues but the main restaurant might have been fully booked.Special Features:
- To be fair, it was Christmas,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011To be fair, it was Christmas, However service was distracted and spotty.Special Features:
- Pretty pricey for what itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2011Pretty pricey for what it was, even for Christmas. Went for Christmas Day, and it was a buffet, which was OK but not what I thought would be available. Had only one selection of fish, unless you opted for shrimp at the risotto station. Service was professional,polite and accommodating. Food was just OK.
- Not up to past experiences ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We requested a 10:30 a.m. reservation on line, but 9:30 was all we could get. We arrived on time, were seated in an fairly empty room, and waited 15 minutes before flagging down a hostess to get service. Once our server arrived, she was pleasant and efficient, but it was annoying to not even be offered coffee while we waited for service. My Eggs Benedict arrived overcooked, but I was able to switch with someone who did not mind them that way. When we left, somewhere between 10:45 and 11, there were many open tables, so I cannot understand why we were denied a later reservation.
- We have always had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011We have always had a wonderful time at Sea Porch Cafe. The food was superb as was the waiter, ambiance (Christmas theme outdoors) and a fresh new look! I have recommended this restaurant to many of my friends and will continue to do so!Special Features:
- Not impressed and over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2011I had three college girl friends in town for the weekend. We had lots to celebrate, a birthday, two pregnancies and one new mom. I wanted to take them some place nice so thought the Don would be the perfect place. Our food took a long time to come and came out cold, one persons was ok and so she had to eat alone while the other dinners were redone. All they did was comp desserts when the desserts weren't the problem. The manager only checked in once after the problem. For such a high end place we expected a whole lot more. I wont go back and wouldn't recommend it - seems over-rated.Special Features:
- Great Beach Restaurant for SunsetsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2011The Sea Porch, though it does not have a direct view of the sunset, has delightful outdoor seating and a nice ambience. The staff were very friendly and conscious that my partner and I wanted to watch the sunset that evening, they actually reminded us to head to the beach just outside the restaurant to watch. The food portions are generous and very creative. Desserts are quite large and very worth the money. The frozen key lime pie is to die for!! We will be going back for another dinner in the future.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011My wife has commented several times this weekend, how much she enjoyed our evening at the Sea Porch. After a pleasant diner, we went down to the beach for a walk. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Had lunch at Sea Porch. TheyJPPTAPVIPDined on 8/10/2011Had lunch at Sea Porch. They were very accommodating to our baby and adding an extra person to our reservation. Waiter and staff were very friendly. Food was very good!Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2011We had a great experience dining there this weekend. One attention to detail I would suggest is to make sure that all customers are required to have a shirt on during meals on the patio. A really heavy man sat down near us without a shirt which distracted from the experience. 20 minutes later someone must have said something to the staff as he left and went and put a shirt on.Special Features:
- Don't set your sights too high...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2011Service was very friendly and very courteous. Food was average...not bad; but not worth the hype. Requesting a table with a water view is a joke; the restaurant and tables aree too far from the water to be justified in making this claim. Plus there is foliage. A family sitting next to us had a bird land on their daughter's pizza, they exchanged the pizza but this should have never happened. Dress is "very casual" which took us by suprise. And Florida still allows smoking in their restaurants. We would eat there again but would show up with lower expectations. Our visit there was only a few days ago and I can not remember what we ordered!!!Special Features:
- I love eating outside as theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011I love eating outside as the ceiling fans make it cooler there in this heat.........the food was very good and beautifully presented (I thought that refills of beverages should have been offered but weren't).......ambiance - A-1..........service staff were very attentive, obliging and respectful......I was wishing that you had tables available out on the front patio facing the Gulf......the view is better there..........I love going there with my friends and always bring my family there as well when they are visiting........one of my most favorite places!!(been there twice this month)........Special Features:
- Disappointed. We had a buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Disappointed. We had a buffet and it was very overpriced. Food wasn't labeled; no idea what I was eating. Food looked like it had been sitting out for a while. I assume that the menu would be better not on the buffet but I won't be going back. Decor of the restaurant was outdated.
- THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS ALL WAS PERFECT WE WILL BE BACK TOM AND SHARON
- Sit outdoors for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/11/2011Sit outdoors for a special time. Inside is a bit too bright and they need to work on the setting - a bit too bright, white and "open" The food is very good - it is the same kitchen as Maritana Grill, at a better price. Nice wine list. Needed to staff a little better. Overall, a nice experience, but with small changes it could be even better.Special Features:
- Eating the High LifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2011The meal came a little to quick, appetizer was not finished yet; but the presentation for the Red Snapper dish was superb. My spouse enjoyed the Short Ribs dish with its rich wine favoring. Please, Do not miss out on their Key Lime Cheesecake dessert, what a treat. Our server, John, was very professional, attentive and a pleasant person. We were lucky there being very few people present.Special Features: