Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
3201 New Mexico Avenue
Washington, DC 20016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chefgeoff.com/
- Phone: 2022377800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerome Sharpe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Think of a reason to party and we can make it happen. Whether a small seated event or a large cocktail reception, we can accommodate groups of all sizes. Our private dining room has its own bar and seats 65. Our patio offers unique outdoor space for entertaining groups up to 200 in the spring, summer, and fall. Please contact our Private Event Director, Amy Foster, at email@example.com for menus and details.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Foster 2027067326x
- Special Events: Chef Geoff's hosts a variety of wine dinners, beer dinners, an annual Oktoberfest, and more. We can offer the perfect venue for either personal or corporate entertaining, and accommodate groups of all sizes. For more private party information contact our events team at 202.706.7326 or email our Event Director Amy Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our newsletter at www.chefgeoff.com.
A word from Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.)
Come enjoy our Contemporary American Cuisine, casual sophistication, and generous hospitality! For over ten years we have been the quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Washington DC. Chef Geoff’s offers everything from fresh day boat scallops, seared tuna and steaks to great burgers, pizza pies, salads and sandwiches in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Chef Geoff's also features some of DC's best outdoor dining. Enjoy our phenomenal happy hour specials like 1/2 Price CG Burgers and $8.95 Pizzas or celebrate Half Price Wine Night every Monday. Enjoy Sunday Brunch with classics like Eggs Chesapeake or Steak and Eggs. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.) reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (163)great for outdoor dining (157)great for lunch (97)great for brunch (90)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (63)kid-friendly (57)vibrant bar scene (39)special occasion (33)notable wine list (24)hot spot (17)romantic (14)scenic view (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Sunset Special a great dealBigeaterVIPDined on 8/6/2014Our group of 4 (plus toddler) enjoyed the Sunset Special, a three-course dinner at a bargain price. Toddler had a kid's pizza, which was enormous. A great place for an early dinner.Special Features:
- Disappointing meal & serviceSpaGirl54VIPDined on 8/1/2014I've eaten at both Cheg Geoff locations several times and this is the first time it was a disappointing experience. The service was off, meal slow to come out, never got our bread or water refilled. The meal itself was fine, nothing special. Fish Tacos were good, veal milanese was ok. I'm a loyal customer, I'll go back and hope this doesn't happen again.Special Features:
- Fine Neighborhood ResourceFineNWResourceDined on 8/1/2014Years' pleasures here stay constant. Calamari, other foods reliably very good. Seating locations in/out comfortable, pleasant. Special deal - evening burgers.Special Features:
- generally good mealnicknameVIPDined on 7/27/2014WE enjoyed a good dinner. Some menue items are better than others so you need to order wisely. Pre-6:30 pm dinner special is a good bargain. We go often.Special Features:
- OverratedDCnBack2VIPDined on 7/26/2014I live in the neighborhood and for the price, I just cant do it anymore. I am consistently disappointed by the food and the service. In this case location is the only advantage. I'd rather go out of the neighborhood than give them a 7th or 8th chance.
- The Perfect Sunday Supper SpothappyDined on 7/20/2014The place has a casual, but polished ambiance. It's upbeat. The food's good. Pleasant crowd. Off-street parking. Good mix of ages and, during the AU school year, there are students and families from everywhere. Service always reflects good training. Menu always is interesting. I look forward to Sunday nights there.Special Features:
- service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/15/2014food was excellent but the server ignored the party informed managementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Glover ParkWW2OTVIPDined on 7/15/2014Another great meal at Chef Geoff's New Mexico Ave. location. I love the charm of this location (I typically dine at their Tyson's Corner location). The food was great as usual and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- BrunchIzzyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Well,Chef Geoff's is a FAVE!! Every time we go there for brunch it is relaxing and the food is absolutely delicious. As it becomes busier it can be a little loud,but to me that is part of it's charm-it's lively!! It is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7/12/14 Chef Geoff's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Meal was good. Service was not. When I arrived, minutes after my friend, already seated, our waitress asked if I wanted a drink. I told her i did not, yet she 2ce more interrupted our animated conversation for a drink order. We had just buried our heads in the menus when she came by to try to take our order, paying zero attention to whether we looked ready to order. She forgot to bring bread. We were still sharing a delicious grilled artichoke when our entries arrived. The clincher was tea. I asked re herbal teas. She admitted she was new, went to check, & reported back: black tea, green tea and "herb tea." I politely noted that black & green had caffeine & asked her to ck again; she returned, clutching one camomile tea bag in her hand.
- ndrobDined on 7/11/2014The food and the service were great as always. Will definitely keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First rate for casual diningBigeaterVIPDined on 7/7/2014As always, Chef Goeff's was perfect for casual dining. Good food and service, at reasonable prices. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Service was poor and even though the restraunte was only 1/4 fullSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Waitress needs more training. Her timing was not really in sync with us. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Dissapointednew2dcDined on 6/25/2014I am relatively new to the area and work down the street. I had a quest speaker speak at an evening class and wanted to take him to a nice dinner to thank him. Everyone highly recommended Chef Geoffs so I thought I would give it a try. While the restaurant was charming, the service was slow, the food was ok, and everything was extremely overpriced. Would not recommend unless you like paying a lot for mediocre food.
- great patio diningdennyDined on 6/24/2014The Sunset Special is a great deal. Now that the landscaping has grown, the patio is wonderfully cozy and secluded.Special Features:
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Our servers were more focused on watching the world cup than filling our drinks and getting our order out. We repeatedly had to ask for our server to come to our table. I've dined at the Pennsylvania Ave Chef Geoff's and enjoyed it very much, but, I will not be coming back to dine at this specific location.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantNYLOVERVIPDined on 6/22/2014We enjoyed Sunday brunch in the outdoor cafe of the New Mexico location. It was lovely sitting there and the food was great, as usual. We will certainly be back many times again.Special Features:
- Consistent good food, good serviceDCeaterVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had a lovely time last Friday evening with a party of four. The host was absolutely phenomenal in going out of his way to update us on our table (we had requested patio seating and only had to wait five minutes for the table, but he kept checking in on us to make sure we were ok). Our waiter was also super - very knowledgeable on the menu and just the right amount of interaction. We've had a good meal here many times and it is always nice to see consistent good food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceLovetodineDined on 6/20/2014The food and ambiance were great! I loved that it was close to American. We lost our parking ticket and the staff was very accommodating. We loved the tuna soba noodle dish & fish tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably just a bad serverCCBCDined on 6/15/2014For the first time in a long time, we left disappointed. It took 10 minutes for the waitress to come when we first sat down. Then we waited for every step thereafter. The food was decent, but not to the level that we usually experience here. Hopefully, it was just the waitress and not a larger trend.
- Will be going back again and againKellieGDined on 6/15/2014Great first time visit. Was doing a test run for a private event we will host there in September. Was not disappointed. The food was outstanding - and very generous portions. The beignet's were delicious. Summer Sangria was a great refresher to the delicious food. Was not disappointed in the crab benedict. Can't wait to share this find with my friends in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun brunchneighborDined on 6/15/2014Food was very good and the setting wonderful on a lovely summer day. It was a family occasion, and the outdoor space was perfect for our little granddaughter to run around on the patio (outside the dining area) when she got tired of sitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchBoscoramaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had terrific service on a very busy Friday and a very tasty lunch. The food is always excellent and they will accommodate my dietary needs. I did note in my Open Table reservation that it was a business lunch and timeliness of getting in and out were important to me. The waiter we had was awesome.Special Features:
- Great food and service!DCfoodieDined on 6/11/2014My dining experience at Chef Geoff's was fantastic! Caleb R, our server, really made the evening special by offering helpful suggestions and being so very attentive. Our questions were always answered, and our glasses were never empty. For service alone, I would recommend Chef Geoff's. In addition, the food was also spectacular, and I will be returning to try more of the entrees. Finally, though the weather was taking a turn for the worse, the outdoor, patio area served as a delightful dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious, unique, specialNutsyandTriggerDined on 6/11/2014Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. My party particularly enjoyed the unusual mix of ingredients. We felt that it was a real "find" and look forward to going back frequently. It was slightly expensive, but worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014Please note that the only section I accurately filled out is section 4. The rest is simply to allow for submission. Please do not include them in the rankings. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great place, great foodRulaDined on 6/8/2014Very relaxed ambiance, excellent and friendly staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- kingbVIPDined on 6/5/2014Now that warm weather has finally arrived, this is our favorite place to eat outdoors. The menu is diverse, innovative and consistently good. My designation of the noise level as being "quiet" refers to outdoor seating; inside, not so much. But wherever one sits, the food will be great.Special Features:
- Lunch at Chef GeoffacornDined on 6/4/2014I like the shrimp caesar salad but 5 shrimp is skimpy. Add more and charge more if necessary. The salmon caesar is a huge slab of salmon - there should be some parity between the two salads. It's time to refurbish the restaurant. It looks tired and appears dirty, even if it is not. It really is depressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/2/2014The new salmon dish was not good nor was the rice and bean side. Salmon used to be Chef Geoff's highlight; sorry to see that it has deteriorated.
- The following 1729 reviews are from the Chef Geoff's (New Mexico Ave.) reviews archive.
- Always worth it!starvinmarvinDined on 5/28/2014We always have a great experience at CG's. The filet mignon was excellent, and the Very Gouda Grits were a terrific pairing. As usual, enthusiastic, attentive but unobtrusive service. If you're claustrophobic, the space inside is tight, but the outside dining area is huge and spacious. Our favorite "go to" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eating at Chef Geoff's4201cathedralDined on 5/18/2014All of us were totally satisfied with the meal we were served the other night. I had the spaghetti and meatballs. My friends had the CG Burger and the Mushroom ravioli. The service was outstanding even though the restaurant was packed full. I was very impressed with everything that night. I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/18/2014It was extremely busy on Sunday night, and the wait staff was "jumping." David, a relatively new waiter was excellent, despite the crowd and some challenging customers at the table next to us. It was late, and each of us just had a main course, and we shared a dessert. Two of us had the special Black Cod entree, and I had the regular tuna entree. While I have no problem with "rare" tuna, I don't like it when it is literally cold, which was the case. Fortunately, the soba noodles were so hot, the fish was warmed somewhat by the noodles under it. I don't think I've ever had this problem before when ordering tuna at Chef Geoff's.Special Features:
- CG delivers.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2014First time at CG New Mexico Ave. and found the food to ne as good as the downtown restaurant. The service was efficient and prices reasonable. The large outdoor seating, and easy parking are added bunus. The brunch menu could be expanded a bit. I know Chef Geoff can create some extra delicious dishes. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Geoff's delivers great food.FrequentDinerDined on 5/17/2014This was my second visit of the month, and once again, the menu was extensive enough to suit everyone. The fish tacos are excellent, and this time, my dining companion had the chicken wings appetizer and the cheeseburger. We were both satiated and happy. Despite several children seated adjacent to us, we were able to have a long conversation, until the last group came in. The service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Graduation weekend:busyLMAPADined on 5/16/2014Understandably, the restaurant was busy because of the number of graduations in town..service was good for food but the bar was super slow getting us a bottle of wine that was ordered well before dinner and we had to ask for it after the meals were served...and it even took time for it to arrive, even after asking. Disappointing given the reputation of the restaurant.Special Features:
- consistency is highly underratedDHofAlexDined on 5/12/2014We love Chef Geoff. My girls and i get together once a month on a Monday nite. This monday we sat on the patio and enjoyed the sunset specials. Yes price went up but still a great value. That and half price wine enables us a great place to reconnect every month. Meals are great, staff is great. We change spots occasionally but always come back to New Mexico ave. Thanks for your consistent great dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch - Evolving MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Chef Geoff's is a great place for good food in a friendly atmosphere. I visited the New Mexico Ave. location on a crowded spring sunday for brunch and my party of 5 was seated immediately and served by attentive and friendly waitstaff. Brunch for 4 with apps and alcohol - $150. Well pleased. I will return.Special Features:
- mediocre mothers' day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014resting on its reputation, this restaurant was disappointing. Food only adequate and not worth the outing. Sitting on the outside deck was lovely, and serving staff was pleasant.Special Features: