11911 W 6th Avenue
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.simmssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3032370465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sixth Avenue Lounge: Open daily at 4:00pm, Happy Hour: Every Day: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Joseph Hsu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Allow our Executive chef and Private dining Coordinator to create a munu that perfectly complements your occaision. Hand-Select from our signature dishes to create a personalized menu that is unique to you and your event.
A word from Simms Steakhouse
Set atop a hillside overlooking downtown Denver, Simms Steakhouse offers Denver the best in destination dining. Noted for the best view in Denver, guests enjoy premier scenic dining with both indoor & outdoor seating options perfect for business dinners, special occasion dining or a family night out. Simms Steakhouse offers a spectacular new menu featuring an expansive selection of high-quality Certified Angus Beef, fresh fish, seafood, prime rib, poultry & salads. The Sixth Avenue Lounge offers indoor & outdoor soft seating areas providing guests with an unprecedented look at “Denver’s Famous View”. With a variety of specialty drinks & an extensive lounge menu, Sixth Avenue Lounge is the perfect place for social gatherings & delicious light bites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Simms Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Lakewood ›
Simms Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (165)special occasion (134)romantic (96)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (33)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- great viewMarkDined on 5/31/2014we went to the restaurant with my mother who is 92 yrs old.our waiter angel was just that an angel.he was great ,very personable.the food was all very good.the only problem was my moms dish was supposed to arrive with a broth to be poured on at the table. the young man gave her the dish without the broth.then gave me some sauce but did not know what it was for.i had to figure it outand relized it was for her . by that time her desire for the dish had faded away. also her cappicino was given to the lady at the next table.who seemed very excited that it was free . I tried to tel the other waiter that it must be hers. but he ignored me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Simms!!!FoodieDined on 5/31/2014We go often for special occasions and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, a wonderful experiencedinerinLittletonDined on 5/30/2014Simms has been a favorite place for a while, and it is a consistent perfect experience. The service has always been excellent, some of the best steaks we have had, and the staff always excels at making it the best dining experience possible. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great viewPorkchpDined on 5/28/2014We held our technical group meeting at Simms. There were a total of six of us and the service was outstanding. The food was pretty good too. We will be back when we are next in town.
- FABulous evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Just love Simms....the view is over the top, the wait staff is excellent and the food delicious. Can't wait for another occasion to go back!Special Features:
- Killer views, avg non-steak optionsRogerfromcoDined on 5/26/2014We've been 4 times since the change from Simms Landing to Simms Steakhouse. The steak dishes are fantastic, but the seafood and chicken dishes are just okay. When you consider the high price, that's not really acceptable. Monday night, we weren't in the mood for steak since we had it Friday & ribs over the weekend, so we looked at other options. I ordered Paella & my wife ordered Mahi Mahi. My Paella was very tasty, but not what one would expect when ordering it. There were 2 tiny clams (dime size), 2 small & overcooked shrimp, and 2 scallops. The rice underneath was no more than 1 Cup and not the traditional saffron rice, thus the dish was not very filling. The Mahi came with lots of veggies, but was overdone as was the lobster topping.Special Features:
- The following 1360 reviews are from the Simms Steakhouse reviews archive.
- AmazingMicah402Dined on 5/25/2014Took my mother here for her birthday and it was amazing best steakhouse in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simms Steakhouse ShinesGrizzDined on 5/25/2014Wonderful ambience, great service, awesome food. I told some friends about the makeover (since it was Simms Landing) and we are planning an evening out at Simms Steakhouse. I can't say enough about how relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable our visit was. With panoramic views and great seating, great food and great service, I'll be back!Special Features:
- terrible servicejodieVIPDined on 5/19/2014over and over we try to sit on their patio and order dinner - we were there 2 hours - unbelievable = my neighbors were there at a different table and said they were 2 hours too -
- AverageLTD73Dined on 5/17/2014Calamari was bland. Brussels sprouts were bland. Steak was good and cooked well. Service was decent, although server kept trying to get us to upgrade everything. Made a negative comment when someone declined to get the $48 bison prime rib and just got the beef. If I'm going to spend $300 on steak dinner, I'll go to Del Frisco's!!Special Features:
- Beautiful experienceKD4902Dined on 5/13/2014Meeting old friends from out of town at the Simm's Steakhouse was a brilliant idea! The ambiance and food were was amazing. We enjoyed watching a nearly full moon rise over the city.Special Features:
- not so great4742Dined on 5/11/2014The buffalo prime rib had a lot of gristle and was overpriced ($50). It was a special,and we did not know the cost when we ordered it or we wouldn't have, as there were many other less expensive options. We had to discuss honoring our gift birthday coupon with the waitress and wait while she checked it out with the manager because we did not have our Landry's card with us. The restaurant did call us after our review with them and I have not yet gotten back to them.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerDadwithKidsDined on 5/11/2014Steaks were over priced and not he best I have had. Group all parties with young kids in same room and did not provide the same service you get a typical steakhouse. would have been better off going to Lone Star or Outback... we were recently at a Steakhouse downtown with better cuts and lower prices and a lot better service!
- Mother's Day Brunch - Not GoodSK1800Dined on 5/11/2014The old Simms Landing had a great Mother's Day brunch. I thought I would give Simms Steakhouse a shot this year but left disappointed. The brunch area was a mess, food was cold and cafeteria grade, and the Prime Rib carver was clueless. When they ran out of Prime Rib, they brought in some small cuts of mystery meat to "get by". The desert area looked like a war zone. Better staying at home and making a Prime Rib dinner next year, a lot cheaper too!Special Features:
- Not the bestgbe123Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation and the hostess said to wait a few minutes for the table to be bussed and we waited twice as long. When approached about waiting too long, she said we could be seated right away which makes me think if there was a table ready in the first place, why weren't we seated. Walking to our table, I noticed a leak from the ceiling which was not a good impression. The line for the steak took forever. The crab legs and oysters were delicious although waiting was a while. We kept asking and they said they were coming but it took a long time. Our table was in the back and it was uneven which was very annoying. My family and I have been coming here since it was Simms Landing and kept giving it chances but I don't think we'll return.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchnotafanofsimmsbuffetDined on 5/11/2014We ate here for Mother's Day brunch. We arrived prior to our reservation time and were seated immediately. Seated at the bar on a small round table overlooking Downtown Denver. Two bar loungers and a regular chair. I wasn't thoroughly impressed with the seating. The amount of food available for the buffet was average. The 'flow' of trying to get food was a bit out of sorts as people tried to figure out which line was which for their selections. While the food was good, it's just not worth the price, as with many buffets, unless you fill your plate more than a few times. Service was okay, nothing extraordinary. The waiter was nice. Took our drink orders and kept them filled during brunch. Not overly friendly.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Bruncheaster000brunchDined on 5/11/2014The Mothers day brunch was a real treat. The guests were seated as they arrived. It was nothing like the Easter brunch which seemed extremely over booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Dining here was, as always, a great experience. Simms Steakhouse does a wonderful Mother's Day Brunch, and I always feel well pampered at it. Food and service are always great.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Really enjoyed a wonderful brunch with my family on Mother's Day! Our server was very attentive and the food was great! I have never had buffalo until Sunday and it was pleasing to the palate. Loved the view with all the window's. We can't wait to come back to enjoy another great meal! I will be checking out the happy hour in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacking/hidden price hikerippedoffDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten there before, this time treatment was so poor. We made reservations two days in advance there were 5 of us, service was slow and the appetizers were not good. They sat us for dinner in the bar at a temporary card table we asked to see the manager the hosted told us to wait another 15 minutes. When they finally seated us, we discovered three other table next to us were vacant (no one ever filled them the rest of the night)? When we shared our frustration with the manager she told us, well tomorrow is Mother's Day and we are getting ready for that. The final nail was when we asked the waiter for Market prices for mostly everything we ordered he quoted us a price, when the bill came the prices were 18% higher. We won't be back.
- dinnerroxieDined on 5/10/2014the meal was disappointing. When the oysters on the half shell came they were not accompanied with small seafood forks, we used our dinner forks until we caught our waiter who brought us the appropriate forks. Oysters were very good. Paying $55/each for 2 ribeyes was a bit much. I have no problem paying market price, but these steaks were not very tender and the herb bleu cheese topping on the steak was very dry and for the $4 price unacceptable. We thoroughly enjoyed our waiter Jeromy. The drinks, wine and view were outstanding.Special Features:
- Disappointing VisitDisappointedDined on 5/10/2014Have been to Simms before so anticipated a great meal for special occasion. Came early at 5:45PM. Everything started out OK (long wait for drinks), salad was delivered and then almost an hour wait for main course--which was cold when it arrived and missing a side dish we ordered (never delivered). Waitress disserted us and never checked back. Manager came by once and apologized for delay--asked if he could get us something--ordered 1 drink thinking it was complimentary and then were charged for it--food arrived (part of it) 20 minutes later. Asked to see manager when food came cold and he never came to table so told the waitress to just bring the check. Did talk to manager before leaving--he took cold steak off bill.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014Food and service were horrible, will never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The waiter upsold everything on the menu from appetizers, to extra addtions for the entrees. The individual bread bowls were not cooked and only edible on the top part as the bottom was gooey dough. Very expensive and quite noisy.Special Features:
- Not fine diningTomashaDined on 5/3/2014Our calamari was soggy, as well as my trout. Our server was nice and knowledgable but left half way through our meal and we never met the other server. The food was not good on any level and the service was equivalent or less than your local Applebee's. For a tab that was over $100 without alcoholic drinks, we were not at all impressed.Special Features:
- Awesome!ShaneDined on 5/1/2014The view of downtown Denver is amazing! The Mahi-Mahi was amazing; the best I've ever had. My wife had the trout, and it was also very good. If you haven't been here yet, do yourself a favor and go enjoy it. Also, the complimentary bread and cinnamon butter will keep you asking for more. Overall, it is just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Table with a ViewwojoDined on 4/27/2014Lots of choices from ribs, salads, pork loin, omelettes, etc. If you like shrimp - these are either tiger or more so, prawns. Huge! and succulent! Service was excellent from refilling the coffee and always refolding your napkin when you got seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakloversDined on 4/26/2014We felt that for the money there are other places we have eaten that provided much better quality food for a similar or lesser price. Considering that this is suppose to be a steak house the steaks were over done (ordered medium rare) an not of the quality we were expecting. We would not go there again and doubt that we would go to other Landry's locations.
- Anniversary DinnerImpressedDined on 4/21/2014I was lucky enough to make a reservation at Simms for our 8th Anniversary dinner. I was extremely impressed with whole experience, from the online reservations to smiling faces when we left. Our server was wonderful, we were undecided on a wine so he provided us with a mini wine tasting to make our minds up. His advise and knowledge in the menu was very impressive. I am positive that we will refer all our friends and family back to Simms for any occasion where professionalism and great food are desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDin48Dined on 4/20/2014Party of 8 for a birthday. Really good service, great menu. Just the right amount of checking the table and leaving us alone. It was a little cloudy, but we got glimpses of the city lights. It's really a great view on clear night, which is almost always, and a great patio for warm evenings.Special Features:
- PRIME RIBAnniemDined on 4/20/2014I was not allowed to cook because of recent medical proceedure. I made the reservation late Sat or early Sun morning. It had been years since I had been to Simms. I was pleasantly surprise by the atomspher and the friendly greetings by the staff. I had an excellent meal . My meat was cooked to perfection my shrimp was wonderful, as was the salad. I am hoping when my sister comes to visit we can take her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even the Views Are Losing Appealkellbell111Dined on 4/20/2014Such a shame that such such a beautiful building can't be matched in the food, flavor and service.Special Features:
- ExpensiveLuvagoodmealDined on 4/20/2014The food and service was good but I think the meal was overpricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchFoodpilotDined on 4/20/2014We've been to Simms for Easter brunch several times but this year it didn't quite measure up. Several of the food items were left empty and not replaced for quite some time. The food stations were not clearly marked as to what they offered. I saw several people with Eggs Benedict but never saw where to get them. I asked someone but he didn't speak English. The room where the buffet is set up is too small. They have outgrown the space where they offer brunch and can't keep up with the demand.Special Features:
- Full Marks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Full disclosure we love Simms! We were engaged at Simms and return for all special occasions... as usual, the Easter brunch didn't disappoint. However, the only drawback noted was the fact that several items were not available during a turn at the buffet. At first turn, no bison, at second turn, no fish and Brussels sprouts. At third turn, no waffles. My point is, perhaps demand was too high(?). I wouldn't mind paying more for a bit less mayhem at the buffet line. That said, typical Simms buffet, excellent! Our Server, Donovan, was excellent! Completely attentive, very accommodating and just a wonderful young Man. The deck was magnificent and the view of Denver was epic. Another solid, commendable, experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchEaster14Dined on 4/20/2014The service as busy as it was for Easter Brunch was outstanding. To satisfy everyone that long during service and cater to everyones special requests and needs was outstanding. Notable mention was the mahi mahi bedded in creamy risotto and the tender rabbit with gnocchi !! The omelette and waffle station was kept up well and the service was great. Some stations needing replenishing often, the staff was pretty much on it. I would have liked to have seen a mimosa or toasting glass of champagne included for $34.95 Will recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, TERRIBLE FOOD!bbernardDined on 4/20/2014First of all, the restaurant was running very late at seating parties. Perhaps they overbooked. The area for the buffet was too small for the amount of people so you could hardly navigate around the dishes. A lot of people were getting aggravated. I had to completely bypass the eggs because the wait was about 20 minutes. The food in general was poor quality. The restaurant ran out of a lot of things and/or they could not keep up with the demand. I will not be a repeat customer. I will say that our server was pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible. I would rate him five stars.
- Very NicefredmomDined on 4/20/2014Had a very nice brunch for Easter - the food was good the only issue I had was the buffet area was very unorganized they had different tables all over and only in one area (we were downstairs and had to go all the way up the stairs to get our food so we had to go and and down which was kind of a pain). They should put the buffet in one straight line instead of little tables everywhere - took us forever just to find the plates - also they should have a station with just scrambled eggs - you had to wait in this really long line (took me 20 minutes) just to get eggs so the rest of my food got cold. The food was very good and the service was nice just very unorganized.Special Features:
- Easter bruncheaster000brunchDined on 4/20/2014Arrived at 11:25 a.m. for 11:30 a.m. reservation. We checked in and stood aside in a very crowded reception area. After 15 minutes were told it would be a few minutes more. After 35 minutes were taken to table not even close to our requested seating area that we requested when making reservation six weeks earlier. Our mother is 86 years old an a little unsteady on her feet. We were taken back to reception area for another ten minutes. Finally seated at 12:15 p.m. in area requested initially. Service was a little delayed from time of seating but improved. In the food lines there were a few items people had to wait for. temporarily out of lamb, told more was in the oven and mashed potatoes were empty Gen. Mgr. removed one brunch.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Arrived for our 11:30 reservation and could not find a parking space. Valet told me there was nothing I could do but keep driving around lots until I found one. I walked inside at 11:30 and we were told that there were no tables available but we could wait ( no wait time specified) or eat outside. Buffet food was not good and layout disorganized. The warmers for roasted veggies and quiche were empty. I reported this to waitress working the buffet but she walked away but never got veggies or quiche. Waited in line for approx 30 minutes for scrambled eggs and an omelette. When we were through eating could not get waitress to take our payment. Overall a bad dining experience. I will not return nor will I recommend to anyone.