Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (143)romantic (132)special occasion (125)fit for foodies (68)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (46)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (42)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (20)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- WonderfulExcellentDined on 6/14/2014Lovely restaurant , wonderful service and food. Ver attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The bar was very welcoming, the staff was very friendly. the food is worth every penny. go eat here, then go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLSPhillyDined on 6/8/2014I've been to XIX several times but this was the first time I went for Sunday Brunch. I got the Steak entree (and ate several slices of cheesecake lol). I loved the spread of desserts, cheeses and fruit. Everything was delicious! The service was awesome as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Ambience, Very Poor ServiceWFReviewDined on 6/7/2014Despite having enjoyed cocktails a few times at XIX, I would strongly recommend against dinner there -- a severe disappointment. When making a reservation, I noted I was celebrating an anniversary and requested a table on the balcony. Evidently, XIX has a policy of "first-come, first-served" for balcony seating, as we needed to wait a bit (10-15 mins). The theme of waiting continued: 5-10 mins for our server to arrive, then 10-15 mins for our water and drinks, another ~45 mins for bread and our appetizer to be served, another ~15ish mins for our entrees, and another 20 mins after requesting the check. 2-2.5 hour experience in total, despite being one of a handful of tables. We spoke with the manager who only removed 2 drinks from our bill.Special Features:
- Disappointing Eveningforeverfoodie29Dined on 6/7/2014Dined on 06/07 for our wedding anniversary.... Bar area closed for private event... miserable waitress...long wait for drinks and food, no apologies from anyone. Tried to email the manager but could not locate an email address.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!SmithDined on 6/7/2014We went to XIX - Nineteen restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We would defninitely recommend it! It's a great place for special occasions or for a date night. It's romantic with scenic views, yet a nice place for a small group to meet for lunch or dinner. The food and drinks we wonderful and the staff was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Very disappointed with service. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- anniversaryjdbullDined on 5/31/2014We found this place about 5 years ago, what a wonderful restaurant. The view, the bar area. And the food is great. We will be coming here for special moments of celebrations, for a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeDiningExpertsDined on 5/31/2014Don't know what was better, the spectacular skyline view, the food, the drinks or the service!!! This restaurant is a no brainer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightDoctorJVIPDined on 5/31/2014Excellent unobtrusive service. Wonderful food. Beautiful venue and view. Quiet and cozy spot for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. Good foodGoodfoodDined on 5/30/2014The atmosphere was great. The food was incredible. But very small portions. Staff was incredibly nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- Very good, but has slipped a bitktk19147Dined on 5/30/2014I've enjoyed eating here for their wonderful lunch before and was excited to be going back. The fish part of the fish entree, which we both had, was delicious, although we both agreed the vegetables it sat atop of were definitely too salty, and the desserts were also great. I just didn't find the appetizers nearly as interesting or tasty as the last several times I ate there. Normally I find them quite compelling, but this time they seemed just OK. Still I love the setting and the service was great. So it's good, but not as good (at least this visit) as in times past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1793 reviews are from the Nineteen - XIX reviews archive.
- fantastic Sunday brunchsavannahtraveler2013VIPDined on 5/25/2014warm greeting upon arrival, then we were seated at a table with great views. Service was efficient and warm, and very accommodating as we wanted to delay our meal so we could talk a bit. No problem. all four of us said the meals were absoutley delicious, and the dessert table well stocked with no the ordinary types of desserts. Would definetly return again with friends. A bargin for $35.00/per for 3 courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter made the eveningLuv2EatOutsideDined on 5/23/2014Our waiter, Wilmer, made the evening. He had good recommendations, was personable and shared many laughs with us. We had dinner and entertainment all in one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So SpecialBeeRichardVIPDined on 5/22/2014My guest had trout which they enjoyed. My crab salad lack flavor and crab. This was very expensive especially with very little crab. I'll try one more time before burning a bridge.Special Features:
- SPECIAL OCCASIONBROWNJEFFERSONDined on 5/21/2014THE XIX RESTUARANT OFFERS A NICE DINNING EXPERIENCE. THIS RESTUARANT IS A GREAT CHOICE FOR A SPECIAL ROMANTIC OCCASION. THE MENU IS A LITTLE PRICEY FOR THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVE BUT THE VIEW FROM THE BALCONY IS AMAZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience, 1 problemSalsunshineDined on 5/21/2014Delicious , creative cooking. Gorgeous view. Good service. Beautiful interior....everything very classy. Why then was a customer allowed in wearing shorts, sneakers and a sloppy T shirt? He looked totally out of place amongst the other diners who had dressed appropriately. It was a real shame especially when the restaurant staff and in particular the chef go to such trouble presenting its food and making the evening a really pleasurable experience .Special Features:
- Fair- excellent viewOnlyfairDined on 5/21/2014One plus- complementary glasses of champagne for our anniversary. My husband liked the octopus appetizer. Mushroom app was fair - larger mushrooms much too chewy though the rest was good. Excellent osso buco. Scallops were average though entree was lame. One scallop was raw and why ever use canned baby corn?? Cheap Chinese restaurant? Inadequate for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 5/21/2014This was our first time to 19. It was an interesting place. The bar was hopping but the dining side was very quiet. We seem lately to be able to pick out wines that are on the wine list but they are out of. Our server was knowledgeable of some wines. In the end the wine we picked was good. We had lamb. It was good but not outstanding. Overall it was an above average but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service and FoodNuevoFoodieDined on 5/21/2014I came with a family friend - our server was great, very attentive and made great dinner suggestions. I had the salmon which was delicious, a little more than I'd spend usually but it's worth it for the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Restaurant in PhillymrsAPDined on 5/19/2014The service was absolutely horrible and the kitchen was extremely slow. Between leaving us without water the whole meal to making us wait 45 minutes between our appetizers and main course, there was nothing positive. For an establishment of this standing it was really shocking. The food was also sub-par. The waiter suggested we get the $40 ribeye "medium rare", then it came out well done. When we sent it back, it took 20 minutes to get a new one and it was still overcooked and not very good. The waiter suggested ordering the salmon medium because it was "sashimi grade". It also arrived well done. Then the waiter somehow failed to swipe our credit card and sent a waitress running after us downstairs. I'm not sure how that's even possible!Special Features:
- Go for a drink; skip the meal!kristamckVIPDined on 5/17/2014The bar and dining rooms are beautiful, and with gorgeous views. The service and food were mediocre at best. It is the first time in my life (and I eat out alot!) that I have sent back a dessert because it was so bad (we ordered sorbet - it was more like little ice chips). Go for a drink and then go somewhere else to eat.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsrmh229Dined on 5/17/2014A few friends and I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. We did not get a window seat as i hoped but we did get a table in the wine room. It was a table in a little cove all by itself, which made for a very intimate night. Wine was cheaper by the glass then bottles, which was ok for the night. We ordered calamari and the cheese plate for appetizers. While i felt the cheese plate, although delicious was a bit overpriced for what was received. The calamari on the other hand was probably the best we have ever had... We will probably go back just for that. The main dishes were nice portions for the price. Service was great and the ambiance was impressive. Parking was the only negative as the hotel lot was closed due to an event.Special Features:
- was nothing specialgrank23Dined on 5/17/2014The place is old , the carpet on the floor was nasty The was okay and overpriced I will never go hereSpecial Features:
- poor service but great foodstillmegdangerDined on 5/16/2014i had made a 7:15 reservation for my family of 6 weeks in advance to celebrate my graduation and when we arrived, they tried to sit us in the bar by pulling together 3 small round tables! fortunately, they were able to seat us in the main dining room after we said no, we're not sitting there. food was good but they forgot to take my brother's drink order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMediocreDined on 5/11/2014We went for brunch. Service was great but the food was not worth the price. We were seated in a banquet room with no view. The view is why we chose the restaurant. Disappointing.
- BrunchLuv2eatDined on 5/11/2014By far the best restaurant with an amazing assortment of foodSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!JasonDined on 5/11/2014Very much enjoyed our time at XIX. We had a reservation and were seated promptly and the food was great! Waffles were amazing and there were plenty of options. Would definitely do this again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A level of excellenceChocolatteDined on 5/11/2014Everything here was so wonderful. All the food, atmosphere, and the service. The food was plentiful, you never had to ask to for the food to be restocked. The atmosphere was inviting and quiet. The service was terrific, everyone was pleasant and Samaya (our server) was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet and RomanticgolfbowlDined on 5/10/2014Delicious food (lots of specialties on the menu but can't eat all) - Veal Shank was wonderful. Plenty of space around tables allows for intimate conversation and the waiter was 'there' but not intrusive. We did not drink but I noticed the lengthy wine list. Beautiful setting overlooking the city with subdued lighting in the restaurant. Everything was scrumptious from the IX Salad to the Cookie Cake dessert and coffee. I would recommend this for lovers celebrating anniversaries or even birthdays.Special Features:
- WonderfulDiningInDowningtownDined on 5/10/2014From beginning to end, a great experience. The staff were warm and welcoming and without seeming disingenuous. The room is comfortable in all aspects, and the food was fantastic. Our server asked if we had a show (which we did) and he ensured we were on our way to the Kimmel Center by 7:30, which was more than enough time. At no point did we feel rushed. I recommend getting the crab cake as a starter. My wife loved the warm mushroom salad. All of the entrees sounded amazing. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winemanVIPDined on 5/6/2014Sad to say, my expectations for this restaurant were higher than I received. From the pre-dinner drink in the bar to the final check everything seems to fade from good to OK to poor. The wine list (by the glass) both in the bar and the restaurant were the same. Poor quality and nothing to "write home about". Food quality could be better.
- Great DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014I chose XIX over nearby restaurants for a family dinner to celebrate my Mom for an early Mother's Day since several of us would be out of town. By phone, I was met rudely by Bob the manager handed the phone to someone else while I was asking about parking details. On arrival, it was clear that the staff was overwhelmed, we found out that there were two events - a wedding and a gala - which we assumed was where the rest of the staff were but that is no excuse for the meal itself. It took 10 minutes before out server greeted us and another 10 minutes to talk menu. Bland tomato bean soup, oil vegetables, flavorless icy romaine -- just what you would expect hotel food to taste like. Our server was all smiles, talking fast & visibly rushed.
- A lovely eveningFairmountdinerDined on 5/3/2014This was our first time at XIX, and we had a lovely evening. Although we did not get a window table as we had requested, the ambience was lovely, it was not loud, the wait staff was attentive and informative about the menu, and the food was delicious. For the main course, two of us had the salmon and two of us had the trout, and everyone very much enjoyed their meal. The appetizers (fried calamari, crab cake, mushrooms) were also excellent. We had a very leisurely dinner, and felt absolutely no pressure from the wait staff (although it was a Saturday evening, the restaurant was not at all crowded), and before we knew it, we'd been there for 3 1/2 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BennymanDined on 5/1/2014I had a party of 8 for dinner with friends from out of town. Awesome time, our waiter was attentive, friendly, and turns out, knows how to use the camera on an iPhone. I saw some of the other reviews about reservations and such, but having been here twice now (admittedly both times as part of a large group), I just haven't had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for a farewell lunchBlueEyeVIPDined on 5/1/2014We brought our student intern here for her farewell lunch and had a great time. She hadn't been here before and absolutely loved it. That Cafe Lunch is the best deal in town. Wonderful (and delicious) selection of items, beautiful setting, lovely and gracious staff, XIX is my go-to place for any special occasion. I look forward to celebrating special events here as often as possible. If you haven't been here, at least for lunch, you're really missing a treat.Special Features:
- Girls BrunchSpspDined on 4/27/2014My girlfriend suggested 19 for brunch, no special occasion just a afternoon out to eat and chat it up. The food was average brunch fare, nothing special which was disappointing. Three of us received our entree within 10 minutes, while my sister had to wait an additional 10 minutes even though she ordered exact entree as I did. The server was pleasant, but distracted,we had to ask for water and coffee refills often,although the restaurant was not crowded. I'm sure in its heyday, 19 was the brunch spot. But with so many better choices in Philly, why return for a great view, yet mediocre food? I will stick to The Fountain for a seamless, classy brunch or Farmacia when we are in a mood for a "funky" brunch...with awesome half priced cocktails.Special Features:
- great brunch with view of PhillyXIX4brunchDined on 4/27/2014great food, service and value for brunch in an extraordinary old world settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was good, but not spectacular...which is what I would expect at the Bellvue. There is poor communication between the parking lot and the restaurant. I was first told $10 with validation, then $17 with validation, and finally paid $30 with validation. My guest were told that they could not park there because there was another event at the Bellvue that night and there wwas no space for Guests of Nineteen. I found this to be quite tacky. This was a problem for my guests as well. Our server, however, was EXCELLENT. His name is Chuck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceDineRightDined on 4/26/2014A really nice experience from the decor to the atmosphere to the excellent meal and a nice view of the city. The waiter even read the notes in our reservation and reseated is to a window table. The decor represents the history of this hotel with class. At night the bar area brings a special view of the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.