Biagio Ristorante and Bar
123 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biagio Ristorante and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biagiowaltham.com/
- Phone: 7818910100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Late night menu available Thursday, Friday, Saturday until 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kilroy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Biagio offers customized catering options please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Biagio is perfect location for entertaining clients, hosting family parties or celebrating with friends. We work with you to customize a special menu and floor plan that fits your individual party needs. The possibilities are endless so be prepared to make a lasting impression on your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joey or Anthony DiGiacomo 781-891-0100
- Entertainment: Biagio now features live bands as well as DJs on various weekend nights.
A word from Biagio Ristorante and Bar
Biagio Ristorante & Bar specializes in the extraordinary. Modern and traditional elements blend together in a fusion of rich colors creating an inviting and stylish two‐story brick building devoted solely to your night out on the town! Whether it's an elegant dinner in the main dining room, catching the game in style at the bar or a sexy night out with friends in our Plush Lounge, Biagio's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (26)romantic (24)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Food and portion size wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/25/2009Food and portion size was better than expected, except the service was slow, silverware missing and requests for cheese and cream took too long. Refills on coffee and tea were not free (not happy about that).Special Features:
- Thought the pasta was goingamateurfoodieDined on 3/25/2009Thought the pasta was going to be the best option, but my friends' non-pasta entree was much better.
- My girlfriend and I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/24/2009My girlfriend and I visited the Biagio in Waltham for Restaurant Week. We will never go back. The night started off well with free parking. As we headed into the elevator, we noticed that the inspection sticker was expired for two months. That should have been a sign. After sitting down, our waitess didn't come to the table for about 10 minutes. She seemed bothered that we were there for restaurant week. After taking another 10 mis to get the restaurant week menu. After placing our orders, it took another 15 mins to get bread and water. Overall, it took another 45 mins to get ravioli and salmon. The waitress never filled our tap water back up and never offered anymore bread. The other waitresses were great but ours was terrible.
- Loved the food, and serviceEMAADined on 3/24/2009Loved the food, and service was great. Wouldn't want to go with a big group as it was a little loud in the dining room. Ok for 2 people to sit next to each other and chat, but conversations with more than 3 people might be difficult.Special Features:
- Biagio is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2009Biagio is one of the best places to get italian food in Waltham. They are open later and their large portions and great pastas are fantastic. There is both traditional and more exotic fare available and clearly the chef is invested in making the best pasta dishes I've had in a long time. The reasonable prices and great atmosphere make it a treasure for locals and visitors alike.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2009The food was excellent as was the service in spite of the fact that they seemed short-staffed. The decor and overall feel of the restaurant is sort of a casual elegance. The dining room is not huge but we were comfortable at our table. Prices were reasonable considering the quality of the food. Great place to enjoy dinner and conversation with friends as it is a festive but not overly-loud atmosphere.Special Features:
- Last Saturday night was ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2009Last Saturday night was our first time a Biagio. My twenty-something daughter, a frequent patron of high end Boston and suburban restaurants, highly recommended it to us. The restaurant/lounge itself is lovely -- we admired the special architectural touches that added to the ambiance of all the rooms. We were seated promptly, the service was fabulous -- we had a new waitress from Maine who was charming, but very efficient. The food was the best part, of course! It was restaurant week so we had a chance to sample things we may not have ordinarily ordered. Of course, we all had doggy bags because of the generosity of the servings, and the leftovers were just as good as the first time 'round. We definitely will come back!Special Features:
- We were delighted to findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2009We were delighted to find Biagio when we realized it was the successor to Casa Mia. The food was excellent, portions (too) big. Service friendly, but a few lapses -- no bread until we asked, water glasses not kept full. Noise level really bad. Got some secondhand smoke from people lighting up on the upstairs deck. But we'll come back for the food!
- Food was uneven, one dishMassMikeVIPDined on 3/21/2009Food was uneven, one dish delicious, one mediocre. Very noisy.
- The food was very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2009The food was very overpriced for what was served. I have had much better food at restaurants that were much cheaper. It's not worth the price that you'll pay. It was well made and presented, but lacked seasoning (salt and pepper). Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. The host, on the other hand, was unprofessional and unfriendly.Special Features:
- I've driven past it many times,BrownBaggerDined on 3/21/2009I've driven past it many times, but never noticed it. We found it via Restaurant Week. The 6 of us all agreed it was a place we'd go back to. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Really didn't feel that itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2009Really didn't feel that it was worth the money. Food was rather bland and not hot. we ordered off the restaurant week menu and it was not good It cost us $120 with drinks basically for two dishes of Ravioli
- This is my second time atMbresDined on 3/20/2009This is my second time at Biagio, and I had the same waitress. One of my aggravation points is that she always offers still or sparkling water, and doesn't give the option of having tap water. This annoys because a) Biagio has tap water available, and b) she is just trying to pad the bill by not letting diners know they don't have to pay for water if they don't want to. I understand that in Italy they don't offer tap water, and this is an Italian restaurant, but the reality is this is Waltham. The food is good, and my group had an enjoyable time.
- Food was very good. The restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2009Food was very good. The restaurant looked great and had a very italian feel. It was also packed on a Thursday night. It was a little loud though.
- I had expected more of a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2009I had expected more of a romantic setting, but the set up of the restaurant was such that the tables were all very close together and promoted noise levels to rise. I could hear all the conversations of the tables around us. The waiter was very attentive, and the maitre'd was very polite. The food was fine, interesting and varied selection, but the tastes didn't live up to the exisite descriptions in the menu. Certain flavors that should have been a slight hint were over-powering, such as the lemon in the lemon/blueberry white chocolate cheesecake. It should have been called a lemon cheesecake, for the other flavors were not detectable. I left the evening with a hint of disappointment.Special Features:
- The food here was great, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2009The food here was great, however the downfall was the service. We felt like we were being ignored for most of our dinner. In fact, it took 20 minutes after we finished our dessert to get the bill and the entire dinner took an hour and a half, and the restaurant was not that busy. We agree that we would go back because the food was so delicious, but we would request a different waitress.Special Features:
- We had an awesome dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2009We had an awesome dinner experience. We will definitely be back.
- Not kid friendly, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2009Not kid friendly, service really slow, food just ok, prices high, trying to be upscale in a not great neighborhood
- Very pleasant ambience, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2009Very pleasant ambience, although I think they should have tablecloths. Management and service staff were very friendly and efficient. The menu had some interesting choices, but overall the execution was good, not great - nice spot to drop in for dinner if in the neighborhood, but not worth traveling out of the way for.
- A nice atmosphere. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2009A nice atmosphere. It was very busy,yet provided excellent service. Our food was delivered timely and hot. Prices were decent. The food was good, not amazing, but everyone enjoyed it and nothing was sent back. I would return there. There was a great lounge are upstairs that was very upscale for the burbs. Nice.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2009We really enjoyed our evening out at Biagio. It's in a nice, brick building and has very attractive decor inside. The service was great - from the welcome at the door to our server throughout the night. We all enjoyed our meals. The dining room was energetic, but not too loud - even with a seating of 18 at the other end of the room. We would definitely go back. It's a great spot to meet friends for a dinner out. An added, and not to be overlooked, perk is the parking VERY close by - MBTA lot across the RR tracks.Special Features:
- The decor is clean and pleasant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2009The decor is clean and pleasant. All the tables are in one open area but their spacing, and the faux painted tray ceilings, work well, keeping the noise at a reasonable level. The only complaint was the continuous dimming of the lights as the night went on; it really made it hard to read the menus and enjoy the visual aspects of the food. The food itself was very good. Portion sizes were generous and the flavors varied enought to suit any taste. The entire table enjoyed the eggplant and whole belly clam special appetizers. For the main courses the consensus was the lamb shank and haddock selections were the best. The service was polite and efficient but could have been more attentive.Special Features:
- The menu looked exciting,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2009The menu looked exciting, but execution was not up to expectations - fish not great, service was great at first and then as restaurant filled up we were ignored. Overpriced - looks like a much better place to go for a drink at the bar which looked fun.Special Features:
- This was my second experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2009This was my second experience with Biagio and the food was fantastice once again. The only complaint I would have about the resturaunt is the noice level is far to high for the kind of prices the menu has. The food is well worth the price but it is distracted by the noice. It as very hard to hear anyone speaking at my table. Beyond that I would definitely recommed this resturaunt and I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- I thought the food was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2009I thought the food was fantastic and the ambiance was amazing. I couldn't decide what to order, so it looks like I will have to go back again. Great place.Special Features:
- Despite the lousy weatherOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2009Despite the lousy weather and small crowd on a Monday night, we had very attentive and careful service and really delicious food. I was very impressed with my first dining experience at Biagio and will certainly be back again. I will recommend it to friends as well.Special Features:
- We had a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2009We had a great dining experience at Biagio. The food was delicious and our server Liana was terrific. I would recommend it to my friends. I only wish they had round tables for easier conversation for our party of 5Special Features: