Biagio Ristorante and Bar
123 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Biagio Ristorante and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.biagiowaltham.com/
- Phone: 7818910100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm. Late night menu available Thursday, Friday, Saturday until 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Kilroy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Biagio offers customized catering options please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Biagio is perfect location for entertaining clients, hosting family parties or celebrating with friends. We work with you to customize a special menu and floor plan that fits your individual party needs. The possibilities are endless so be prepared to make a lasting impression on your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Joey or Anthony DiGiacomo 781-891-0100
- Entertainment: Biagio now features live bands as well as DJs on various weekend nights.
A word from Biagio Ristorante and Bar
Biagio Ristorante & Bar specializes in the extraordinary. Modern and traditional elements blend together in a fusion of rich colors creating an inviting and stylish two‐story brick building devoted solely to your night out on the town! Whether it's an elegant dinner in the main dining room, catching the game in style at the bar or a sexy night out with friends in our Plush Lounge, Biagio's has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biagio Ristorante and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (30)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (28)romantic (22)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- our experiencethequartetDined on 5/10/2014We are not sure if we will go back to the restaurant. Some of the dishes were good but others were not remarkable, The waitress was not really knowledgeable about the different dishes and we had to ask twice for the prices of the "specials" Too expensive for the quality of the food
- Great food and serviceGoodeatsDined on 4/26/2014The service was excellent. Definitely not a romantic or intimate atmosphere, but nice nonetheless. The Capiacola ravioliswere delicious bThe Pappardelle Bolognese was also good, but not what I was expecting. I thought it would have had more of a tomato tasting sauce, but reminded me more of beef stew. The. meat was very tender and tasty. The salads are quite large. I would share one as an appetizer. The prices are comparable to the North End. I would recommend Biagio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly Delicious - Scrumptious!ElegantfareDined on 4/26/2014The food at Biagio's was amazing. We started with an appetizer of calamari, shrimp, ravioli and mozzarella. Each was mouth-watering. Our waiter was attentive. He made sure we had our round of drinks. He also recommended what to pair with our entrees. We each chose a different entree, but every one if us was pleased with our respective selection. Between the scallops, baked haddock special or the fruitti do mare, we were all delighted. The taste of each awakened our senses, even as leftovers. The portions were more than adequate. The price was a little steep, but well worth the flavorful taste. The dessert and check were both slow to arrive, as the restaurant became busy, but we would all go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre boston marathon runOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014We were coming into town at all different times and the restaurant did everything to accommodate us as we came in at different times. Food was delish! Skinny key lime martini a little strong. Had margarita pizza, fig ravioli, pear and Gorgonzola salad and salmon.....all wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!shwaldmanDined on 4/19/2014We have lived in Newton for nearly 28 years and we are always looking for new venues in the Greater Newton area, but we never would have noticed Biagio except for their mass mailing. Attractive decor, a little noisy due to super high ceilings. Attentive waitstaff. Delicious, super fresh calamari appetizer. And I loved my fig & Gorgonzola ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner!MarKevVIPDined on 4/19/2014We brought my in-laws here for a very nice Italian fare. Food, service, and atmosphere were excellent, as always. Thanks so much! We look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemBrunoDined on 4/12/2014Great fish and meat options, my filet was so tender I could of used a butter knife, my guest were all raving about there dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second ChoiceIcewineDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant was my second choice after another area restaurant was too busy, The online reviews were mixed and some were bad, but we had a pleasant experience. Yes it's pricey, but the atmosphere is nice and the food was tasty and no problem getting a table on a Saturday night. Online reservations made it easy. I would go here again. There is also a boardwalk next to the restaurant that is good for a stroll after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a group of 7 womenJudiDined on 4/11/2014This was a group of 7 women who meet once a month at different venues. I had requested either a round or large square table and the square table was waiting for us. The waiter was most attentive without being intrusive and waited until we were finished with the meal to engage us in conversation about our group. The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Everyone in the group said that they would definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian / biagio/ biagiRizotaDined on 4/11/2014I've asked many friends family co workers, were to go in the metro west for a great dinner, and always get the same answer biagiios biagiios biagios , we'll I finally came and wow , I understand why biagios is great food service price and the smile you receive when you first walk in bye the young handsome gentleman at the front , I would go back just for him , but if you are lucky enough to go you must try there salmon and rhode Thai calamari , you will never have better fried calamari then that sweet and a spicy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experiencemarlbethDined on 4/5/2014Service poor, good very mediocre, I will not be going back. The waiter knew that the bar had not prepared the drink properly, but he was afraid to go back to the bar because he said they were so busy and he really seemed afraid of the bartender. He tried to make up for it by giving us free desserts - they weren't good either.
- Birthday FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014We are not from the area but our son goes to school nearby. We wanted to celebrate his birthday in some way and this turned out to be a wonderful part of the day. The food was excellent, the ambiance was lovely and the service was perfect. We hope to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again, a wonderful dinner at BiagioknkmitchDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I went for a night out from the kids and it was perfect. We got the perfect table in the back corner, very quiet. I started with a glass of Riesling and it was wonderful. Our waitress was fabulous and the food was great! I asked if I could get the Chicken Piccata over the Pappardelle and they said no problem. It was fantastic and I brought home enough for at least 1 more meal!! My husband went with a mix of appetizers and he loved them all. All in all a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Biagio's for atk1180Dined on 3/7/2014We went to Biagio's for a birthday dinner on a Friday at 7 pm. It was pretty quiet. We were seated promptly and the service was very good. The food was good but I was expecting a little better quality. the prices were reasonable. I had wanted to go there for a long time and now I've been there. Overall it was good but there are better options out there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wish the food could matchwendyjVIPDined on 3/5/2014wish the food could match the atmosphere - always disappoints me and it is so close to where i live and has parking in the back which really makes it great for the area - wine is ok - not fabulous either and would love to give it more stars if that made the difference - so close but so far.....
- Goodfellas?YumODined on 3/1/2014Biagio's was great for my boyfriend &I.the opera was a problem when we attempted to converse with 2 patrons 1 barstool away.The bartender was pleasant & although they didn't have one spirit to make my first choice drink, the key lime martini was frothy &delicious. The appetizers were terrific, especially the white chocolate risotto& Rhode Thailand camaro. The batter for the calamari was so light& perfect yet didn't take away from the fresh squid inside. The only negative was Open Table boasts of a plush lounge I never saw. We chose this place because we thought it would be lively on a Saturday night, but it was "senior citizen' quiet. I will return for the service& food but will pass when in the mood for an energetic weekend excursion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodchickparmDined on 3/1/2014The sauce and meatballs were excellent. I particularly enjoyed the toasted ravioli. The portion size was more than adequate. I would definately return in the future.Special Features:
- two thumbs up for this WalthamsanibelboundVIPDined on 2/28/2014two thumbs up for this Waltham gem. They never miss a beat.Special Features:
- A pleasant change of plansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We planned to eat a quick meal and then movie. Although the greeter seemed rushed and the table was in the middle of the room, our evening was about to take a surprising twist . The waitress and staff were spot on with service ! She explained items clearly and patiently. We relaxed over some lovely wine. We realized this atmosphere produced an attitude of " sit back and enjoy" rather than " grab an app and go." So we did. Salad combinations worked well and food served at reasonable pace. Again waitress interaction just right. Our meals were tasty, both pasta and chicken. The dishes allowed for doggie bags and a delicious breakfast in the morning !! Lest I forget the creme brûlée and scotch choices for dessert . romantic and quality meal.Special Features:
- Birthday at Biagio'sJoeyDined on 2/22/2014Biagio's was terrific. We were out celebrating a birthday. Biagio's only added to a great night. I made a reservation through Open Table. We got there a few minutes early, our table was waiting for us, no wait, we were taken directly to our table even though the place was very busy.The food was terrific. Our server was one of the best I have ever had. Always checked in with us but never over bearing. Her assistant always made sure our water glass was filled. When we were done, our dishes were removed from the table on cue. The desserts were out of this world. We ended up staying and talking after dinner, our server never rushed us out, but always checked in with us to see if we wanted anything, even after we paid the bill.Special Features:
- Service was great and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014Service was great and good was very good as well. We're able to seat us and accommodate an a little one late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biaggio's is BestOdieDined on 2/15/2014Thank you for a great night out and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerAdriDined on 2/14/2014I went to dinner here for Valentines day with my boyfriend and it was very good! The food was amazing and tasted like authentic italian food. The waited was fantastic and really respectful. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereJosephDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I celebrated our Valentine's Day dinner at Biagio Ristorante and Bar and have a very nice experience. The waiting staff was very friendly to us and seemed generally interested in us being satisfied with our dinning experience. The wine list was quite large (although we did not drink) and the menu size was large as well. We both enjoyed our meals very much so and received excellent customer service. The restaurant was extremely clean and the well kept. The only improvement to our experience would have been the music playing in the background. Perhaps it was just for Valentine's Day, but the love ballads playing in the background made conversation a bit more difficult to be had. Overall though, great place. Would dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Osso Buco, great service,DingzDined on 2/14/2014Great Osso Buco, great service, good Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- Valentine's day bustFiletloverDined on 2/14/2014Honestly, I wish they had just told me that they were booked Valentine's day. I took my girlfriend here and wish I didn't. We were brought downstairs into a basement with what had a "speed dating" atmosphere. Let's just say the plastic fold out tables with one cheap white cotton linen over it didn't exactly do the trick for us. Not to mention we were sat in the back of the room next to an emergency exit door that was apparently being used all night by staff (very loud and obnoxious along with a cold breeze every time it was opened). Also, there was a dump room next to this poor couple who sat next two rows over from us and that door was NEVER shut. I thought we had it bad... Let's just say a lot of wine was consumed to cope in that roomSpecial Features:
- Not so greatBabsDined on 2/14/2014True it was valentines day and the restaurant was very busy. But there was a limited menu so you would think the food would be well prepared. The Osso Bucco was so tough that I needed to cut it with a steak knife! This dish is supposed to be fall off the bone tender!! I would not recommend it. My husband had the swordfish which was very good. Peanut butter ice cream desert was divine! Also a very nice wine list. I might try this restaurant again but not on a holiday. And no Osso Bucco for me!Special Features:
- DisappointingmbalexDined on 2/14/2014I booked this restaurant for Valentine's Day based on a recommendation seen in the AAA Horizon magazine. My husband called to ask about appropriate dress and got a vague answer. He wore a jacket to be a little more dressy. He also called the restaurant to say we were running late and was told not to worry. When we arrived the "Maitre D'" was wearing jeans and a loose shirt ! He told us that our table would no longer be available because we were late. We reminded him that we had called then he sent us to an upstairs room that was all but empty. Our waiter was irritatingly obsequious and inefficient. Our food was mediocre. Lobster ravioli was served with a whole lobster claw on top of a very creamy sauce, making it a mess to deal with.
- We won't be going back.RonneartVIPDined on 2/9/2014We won't be going back. Each of the four of us had something different to eat. None of us finished the main course; too buttery, too soupy, too much like canned sauce, salad without taste, ravioli swimming in cream sauce. There was neither restraint nor finesse in the preparation.
- Pleasant SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Quiet at first due to time, but people started coming in to make for a vibrant, yet comfortable dining experience. Food was very good, service was attentive and not overboard. With our son at Bentley, we will definitely be coming back for more and will take every opportunity to recommend this as a "must go" place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerfrenchyDined on 1/25/20144 of us enjoyed dinner celebrating a birthday. We split 2 salads; they are plenty big to share. The pear gorgonzola was especially delicious. Steak tips and roast potatoes nicely flavored with tender meat. 2 of us had the special, osso buco. Delicious sauce and meat very tender. Risotto tasty. We both took some home, as the serving was large. The 4th person had the cod/crab over risotto which she thoroughly enjoyed and wanted the recipe! We split dessert (cannolis with candle)and went home satisfied. The pinot grigio was excellent, same as the service.Very attentive waitress, no long wait between bread and salads and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind blowingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The waitress was absolutely amazing. She was on top of everything, it was almost like she could read our minds and knew when we needed something or it was time to move the dinner alone. Everything came very quick, and everything was cooked to order. The food was absolutely delicious. I was tempted to get the BBQ steak tips because who would think that a very italian restaurant would serve something like that, I believe that even our waitress was italian. Overall the experience was amazing and I ranted about it for the next couple of days to co workers, friends, and family. Quite an amazing find and I will definitely be a return customer forever if they keep this up. If I had to rate it out of 10, I would give it a 10,000,000!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable favoriteBoringGuyDined on 1/17/2014The only criticism I would offer is that some of the high bar tables overlook some of the dining tables. If the bar conversation at the adjoining table is energetic, it can impinge on an otherwise excellent dining experience. However, despite that rare juxtaposition, Biagio is my go-to restaurant in Waltham, especially since it has its own parking.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationsjd37Dined on 1/4/2014Best waiter service I've had, possibly ever. Spot on. Great food. Only negative was the decaf cappuccino, but that is a nit pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family ate here for NewTryingNewRestaurantsDined on 12/31/2013My family ate here for New Years Eve and greatly enjoyed dinner. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was delicious. We all cleaned our plates, but we especially loved the lobster ravioli. The sauce was heavenly. Our only complaint was the noise level. It was very busy and so was very loud. I'm not sure if that is normal or was just because it was a holiday night and people were being festive. I would definitely go back to find out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked this restaurant onceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We liked this restaurant once before when it first opened. We dinned there on New Years Eve. There was a steady crowd, but our waitress was never to busy to stop by and make sure we had everything we needed. The food was very good. The decor is very inviting and sophisticated. The bartender was so pleasant, accommodating and helpful as we enjoyed a drink before dinner.Special Features:
- Nice eveningNewmexdexDined on 12/31/2013We had New Year's Eve dinner at Biaggio. The food was very good, the service was fine and the environment very pleasant. Couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience for firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Good experience for first time. Menu was limited due to New Years Eve but did enjoy what we ordered. Need to go back on another occation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very BadChrisDined on 12/30/2013Extremly over priced specials that you could find at any takeout italian spot. Very average/below par meals. Service was observant, however they should stop trying to act like they work for a 4 star restuarant (pompy attitude) when you get greeted at the door by a guy in sweatpants and your food/decour is subpar.
- Went for lunch with smalldonotneedanicknameVIPDined on 12/24/2013Went for lunch with small group, food was very good but pricy for lunch. There are no lunch specials and it appears to be the same menu for lunch or dinner. There were not many there for lunch so can not comment on the noise level, with the hard wood floors and brick walls I suspect it can get noisy or energetic. Will try again at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.