432 W. Forty First Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theforge.com/
- Phone: 3055388533x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 6PM until 11PM
Friday & Saturday 6PM until 1AM
Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour -Friday 6pm to 11pm $50 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Forge has an exclusive private dining room with a terrace for 30 to 250 guests. The board room offers a beautiful “Alice in Wonderland” style setting for 16 guests. The Library accommodates up to 28 guests with a fireplace. Easily one of the most elegant venues in Miami to have a wedding. WI- FI though out entire venue. The Forge is available for private luncheons; board meetings; bar-bat mizvahs; birthday celebrations & holiday parties. Contact Maxwell@theforge.com for private bookings.
- Entertainment: Eighty wines from a $/bottle Opus one to a more modest yet equally deserving $ are available in 1/3/5-ounce pours with the swipe of the “Forge Wine Card,” which works similar to a debit card system. Another set of enomatics can be found flanking the Sommelier Station, whose backdrop is the floor-to-ceiling crystal bubbles – a perfect stage for 32-year veteran executive sommelier Gino Santangelo to decant his vintages.
Happy hour each night with social events; wine dinners. All major sporting events shown on 6 large screens at Forge Bar. Music programming by Irie. THEFORGE.com
- Special Events: Watch for special Mothers Day Dinner and other Epicurean special events. Visit The Forge online Magazine www.theforge.com for Seasonal Notes
A word from The Forge
In honour of The Forge’s 40th Anniversary in 2009, The Forge closed for a major renovation that would last almost a year. The result: an inspired farm-to-table menu and lifestyle approach to dining are all elements of The Forge’s new attitude. The award-winning restaurant has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor executed by Francois Frossard. walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique smoked mirror, octopussian lilac and white crystal chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and metal furniture. The elimination of more than 100 seats has created the ambiance of a large private home where every diner’s seat is “the best in the house.” The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen.Executive Chef Christopher Lee presents a 65-item menu along with Dessert Menu by Chef Alycia Delany. Enomatic's offer guests 80 wines by the ounce and Mixologist Justin Maas presents an incredible list of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Forge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Forge reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (105)notable wine list (103)fit for foodies (57)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (15)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- TigerFanDined on 7/4/2014Eclectic interior. Good food. Very loud. Lots of kids. Customers in grungy shorts. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- A Perfect ExperienceIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I visited The Forge for dinner on July 4th thinking that the Independence Day fireworks would be the most exciting part of the evening - Instead, it was our dinner experience that was breathtaking. From the second we arrived, every staff member (waiter, bread guy, sommelier, and managers) all invested their time, attention and recommendations in making our experience unique. The onion soup was delicious, not the usual boring broth with a hunk of cheese, but a real work of art. The entrees (my wife's seafood, and my steak) were prepared perfectly. The toughest part of the night was when dessert came, and my wife just kept saying "it's so beautiful on the plate, I hate to even eat it!" Honestly I can't remember a better meal ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why that "music?"OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/29/2014Everything about our visit to the Forge was good: welcome; seating; service and food. What we could not understand was the loud music that was playing "in the background." Why would a restaurant with such classic ambience mar that with loud intrusive music? Trying to attract a younger crowd, I suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ive0419Dined on 6/28/2014Great ambience , service was magnifisant , detailed focused . However the food was average, nothing really struck out as far as taste . For the price the food should be above average . Would still recommended due to the decor atmosphere and service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicenataDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has always been my favorite, the food is exceptional (file minion to "die for"), service was outstanding. I am definatley going to Forge again and will bring friends. Zach, our waiter, was wonderful, we were in a bit of a hurry and he made it go flawlessly with no delay to get us out of the restaurant in time for opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great tableKnoxieDined on 6/27/2014Good food. The bar was loud but the table was nice and easy to talk. Great service. Good Miami HotelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not ExcellentjuanafVIPDined on 6/27/2014First time at The Forge. Very nice place, but the level of noise is too high. You feel like entering into a pop corn machine. Not sure if it was for private parties going on or because after some time the restaurant becomes a Lounge. The food was good, but it was not outstanding. it was good going once for the experience, but not planning to come back.Special Features:
- Very googMiamigalDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is a Miami favorite. It is always good and the wine selection by the glass is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chefRimzakVIPDined on 6/26/2014Rumors were that this place saw its better days. Rumors were wrong. Super swanky decor. And the new chef brings some amazing food to the table. Date night, special occasion, or just because. Try the ravioli!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemSocialbugDined on 6/25/2014This is dining at it's best. The very romantic and exquisite interiors make this a must! This is the first visit since the remodel and it has a more modern flair, with the extra mile of romantic in the chandelier and dark wood. Our meal was amazing and wine the best. I would absolutely recommend The Forge for your special night out, you will not forget it!Special Features:
- The Gem of MiamibankerkeithDined on 6/25/2014We spent 2 weeks in Miami to celebrate our honeymoon and celebrated at The Forge. We've been to many exceptional restaurants around the country and this one is on par with the best we've experienced. Exceptional wine by the glass selection for those that would like to pair with multiple courses or don't want to commit to a bottle. Our server, Mike, was top notch. Well informed on the menu, wine list, and the chef's style of cooking. He was extremely personable and went out of his way to make us feel as if we were the most important people in the room. Our dinner consisted of a 40oz porterhouse, scallops, sprouts, wild mushrooms, and desert. Steak was on par with Peter Lugers or Mastro's and everything was superb. Outstanding experience!Special Features:
- 25 years later still fantastic!Johnny55Dined on 6/24/2014Went here for the first time in 25 years. Ambiance is unique, service fantastic. We got a private tour of the wine cellar ! I had the 8 oz filet mignon with a side of hash browns, heirloom tomatoe salad. All perfect. My partner had veal porterhouse with side of Brussel sprouts. Veal was too salty and brussel sprouts were bitter/ undercooked (although that might be the proper style , we like ours softer and sweeter). He had a fantastic wedge salad. Soufflé desert was impeccable. Slightly disappointed in my partners food as it was his birthday and I kept bragging about the place. But I would definitely recommend it and hi again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flogDined on 6/23/2014our waiter was not only very bad too arrogant alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeTLuvDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I went after she found a discount Gilt City voucher online. We made a reservation through OpenTable. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. Our server did a great job and the food was excellent. We will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.vickyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything was perfect. Probably the best steak I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- ForgereviewsDined on 6/20/2014Ambiance was ruined by loud disco music throughout the meal. Making conversation nearly impossible without shouting. Waiter was a bit pushy.Special Features:
- An Enduring ClassicTraveledeaterDined on 6/15/2014This was my first time at the Forge. I went for Father's Day and everything was perfect. The service was friendly and attentive from the moment you walk in. The design of the restaurant itself is chic and fits the Miami/South Beach locale. However, the food was amazing. Everything was presented beautifully and full of flavor even the cocktails! A great place...it's pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We only had one night in Miami so I picked this restaurant as it had history and good reviews. It lived up to expectations food was excellent and good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taylorVIPDined on 6/13/2014food menu changed, which is horrible and extremely higher price for food that you can get at a Fridays for a third of the price. Need to go back to old Forge not this experimental new menus.Special Features:
- Amazing placeGMSinGreensburgVIPDined on 6/13/2014The Forge is a special place. Probably one of the top 10 restaurants in the United States. Never a disappointment. The menu is amazing. The most comprehensive wine list in the country. Just a great place to eat, watch people, have some of the finest dining the land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experiencevpierceDined on 6/8/2014Was very impressed with wait staff, food was exceptional, fantastic wine selection, great environment for celebrating special occasions. Slightly pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed the new Executive Chef Christopher Lee....Thank you for the great FOOD!Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday DinnerWorldTravellerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great atmosphere in the Library. An excellent experience every time. The new menu includes more options, including bigger steaks :). Really liked the crispy baked potato. The porterhouse steak was amazing. Had a pleasant experience being waited on by new staff. Overall a great birthday dinner, with excellent food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Service DeclineNotFoodiesButDinersDined on 6/6/2014Great food. Great ambiance. Great history. Unfortunately, the server knew nothing about the restaurant or the wine list. Also, the support staff were a bit informal. Steak was dropped off and left for 10 minutes before I was able to hail the server to indicate it wasn't cooked correctly. Finally, desserts were delivered to our table and left on the table for 5 minutes. When the server discovered the mistake, she picked up the plates, apologized and delivered them to a different table. The 20% mandatory gratuity left me thinking the server had no incentive to do a good job. I was resentful to have to pay it. Disappointed to see such a great restaurant begin to decline due to poor service...hopefully an anomoly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a romantic dinnerSofiaDined on 6/6/2014The volume of the music is as loud as in a nightclub. And it's also party music. Not really what you want for when you go eat relaxed and romantic. The food is nice but the music impossible to enjoy the meal.
- disapointingBretera51Dined on 6/3/2014Years ago was "the place" to go if you wanted something out of this world, but today in Miami there are lots of excellent restaurants to choose from, in pmy opinion it was overpriced, and over rated.Special Features:
- Five-StarDontplaywithyourfoodDined on 5/31/2014We went to the Forge for a small-group birthday celebration, having dined there a number of years ago. The restaurant has been updated and is gorgeous. The furniture and decor are nothing short of beautiful; hip, elegant, spacious, comforting. The service could not have been more attentive or personal. The food was delicious ( Two of us had Tuna Wellington and two had the Chilean Sea Bass), the presentation was beautiful, the service was flawless. A lot has gone into re-making this long-established institution, and it shows. It would be hard to imagine not having a great meal and a lovely evening in this very fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Nothing to recommend here.DisappointedDined on 5/30/2014The famous Forge of years ago has fallen on hard times. Most of the food was not very good. Friday night was so noisy with blaring music that it hurt our ears (90 decibels on our phone app). The "manager" was defensive and told us it had to be like that because of a guest DJ. The restaurant was more than half empty so you would think they would be more responsive. Never again.
- Over PricedMARKCDined on 5/27/2014$350.00 for dinner I would not mind paying if the food was great... it was not. Bread was fair at best, Cevichi warm and tasteless, Steak cooked correct, hash browns not good, Dover Sole was an overkill to a great fish, Panacotta desert was not good eitherSpecial Features:
- Empty on MondayJaimegVIPDined on 5/26/2014I am sure is a great restaurant. I went on a Monday to celebrate my anniversary and place and empty. Cero ambiance. Very slow serviceSpecial Features:
- The following 1082 reviews are from the The Forge reviews archive.
- Great steaksJay1395Dined on 5/24/2014The forge was definitly worth the price we paid. Delicious and well cooked steaks. The seafood sampler was also great. The shrimps were huge, though $15 each..definitly recommend of you want to have a steak night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMiamiheatDined on 5/24/2014Food was superb! Ambience wonderful. Tuna was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nightDinnerfinaticDined on 5/23/2014Wow! I knew from many reviews that the forge was going to be an amazing dining experience but it was actually so much more than I expected. The building was absolutely stunning! The food was not too overpriced and the sizes of the meal were not too small! I highly recommend the sashimi appetizer (18$) and salmon entree ($31). Dinner wasn't too expensive for my boyfriend and I only $200 and were both underage so we couldn't dunk alcohol, but their wine menu is a hundred page book so be prepared to spend a couple hundred on drinks 😊 the forge is very beautiful, the scene was lovely. If you make a reservation for a busy night make sure to ask for a princess chair, ladies you'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteJOR67Dined on 5/23/2014I have been to the Forge 3 times in the past year. Every time has been the same, "PERFECT". The service is some of the best in south Florida. The food is also the best in town. It is mine and my wifes' favorite place.Special Features:
- Excellent!Luv2dineDined on 5/23/2014Inside of the restaurant is beautiful! Service and food are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Godo experenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Beautiful place with wonderfull food! Special service with too polite waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentGrumpygormetDined on 5/20/2014I wanted a special dinner with fellow convention travelers and asked a local friend where to go. Forge was his single choice. Our server was inconsistent. We ordered drinks and 20 minutes later we had them. Another very large group (50 +) came in an were taken straight to the bar for 30 minutes and overwhelmed us. They were seated well after us yet they were served before us. When the steaks arrived, the rare order was medium and a medium steak was rare. I asked for free dessert for all and they comped 5%, gave us free dessert and a great dessert wine. The moment I saw the large group I knew our experienced was doomed. $125 per person incl tip. The next night we went to Chala, now they were happy to see the 12 of us.
- vickyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The ambience is just beautiful, but I think it should have a little bit more light to read the menu. When asking for the check, it took forever to bring it, to take it and to giving the card back. Everything else was good!Special Features:
- Lovely ExperiencefinediningfanDined on 5/17/2014Beautiful setting with excellent food and wine. Our server was so nice and gave us a tour of the building after our meal. Excellent for a special occasion.Special Features:
- NOT what it USED to beFood4GuttDined on 5/16/2014The Forge once was a place to go to DINE. Now it has transformed into a HAPPENING SCENE. The service and food have been reduced from the equation. We asked for a substitution in a particular dish. The server kindly said "we are too busy to accommodate that request at this time." So I'll know the next time I want to eat well, to go elsewhere. For the prices they charge for the food, they should pay enough attention the customer first. ONE LAST POINT, the service is also not what it was, and I think they know that since now there is an INCLUDED 20% tip added to the bill. (by the way, they delivered another table's food to our table, and lit a soufflé at our table for another guest's birthday at the table next to us. WEIRD....Special Features: