432 W. Forty First Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theforge.com/
- Phone: 3055388533x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 6PM until 11PM
Friday & Saturday 6PM until 1AM
Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour -Friday 6pm to 11pm $50 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Forge has an exclusive private dining room with a terrace for 30 to 250 guests. The board room offers a beautiful “Alice in Wonderland” style setting for 16 guests. The Library accommodates up to 28 guests with a fireplace. Easily one of the most elegant venues in Miami to have a wedding. WI- FI though out entire venue. The Forge is available for private luncheons; board meetings; bar-bat mizvahs; birthday celebrations & holiday parties. Contact Maxwell@theforge.com for private bookings.
- Entertainment: Eighty wines from a $/bottle Opus one to a more modest yet equally deserving $ are available in 1/3/5-ounce pours with the swipe of the “Forge Wine Card,” which works similar to a debit card system. Another set of enomatics can be found flanking the Sommelier Station, whose backdrop is the floor-to-ceiling crystal bubbles – a perfect stage for 32-year veteran executive sommelier Gino Santangelo to decant his vintages.
Happy hour each night with social events; wine dinners. All major sporting events shown on 6 large screens at Forge Bar. Music programming by Irie. THEFORGE.com
- Special Events: Watch for special Mothers Day Dinner and other Epicurean special events. Visit The Forge online Magazine www.theforge.com for Seasonal Notes
A word from The Forge
In honour of The Forge’s 40th Anniversary in 2009, The Forge closed for a major renovation that would last almost a year. The result: an inspired farm-to-table menu and lifestyle approach to dining are all elements of The Forge’s new attitude. The award-winning restaurant has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor executed by Francois Frossard. walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique smoked mirror, octopussian lilac and white crystal chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and metal furniture. The elimination of more than 100 seats has created the ambiance of a large private home where every diner’s seat is “the best in the house.” The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen.Executive Chef Christopher Lee presents a 65-item menu along with Dessert Menu by Chef Alycia Delany. Enomatic's offer guests 80 wines by the ounce and Mixologist Justin Maas presents an incredible list of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Forge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Forge reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)notable wine list (113)romantic (110)fit for foodies (66)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (55)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (34)late-night find (17)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Favorite Restaurant in South BeachMeaghanVIPDined on 8/2/2014Was referred to this place by a friend who recently joined there and had a great experience - now I see why! The place is gorgeous, food is amazing, people-watching is great and the ambience is perfect for either a nice weekday steak dinner, or weekend night out. Took a group of girls here for a friend's Bachelorette Party, and it was a great "nicer" dinner, where everyone found something on the menu that they liked. Portions are fairly large, but they are cool with splitting if you have plans to go out after. Loved our waiter Jean, too!Special Features:
- Great ambienceFinedinerDined on 8/2/2014The Forge has a beautiful interior and ambience. Definitely great for special occasions.We went for Miami Spice and the menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisewarrenDined on 8/2/2014I was very pleased with the service and food. They should have told us they where adding the tip to our bill. I am pretty generous usually but I like to make my own decision. Double tipping Hurts. I will probably not return. What a shame. Great place bad management style.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectationsMimifernDined on 8/2/2014I went with my husband, my friend, her boyfriend, and my mother. I had suggested it but everyone truly loved it including my husband who was against it at first. We had the Miami Spice menu everything was delish. We also took the servers suggestion to try the max and cheese and we all absolutely love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with my beautiful wife!JDPHILDined on 8/2/2014Wife and I had a short three day get away to Miami and had dinner on a Saturday evening. The experience was truly wonderful, the service, ambience and quality of the food was much more than I expected. The filet was without question the best I've ever experienced. Make this a must do experience if you are ever in the Miami area.Special Features:
- Delicious but slowRImpinkDined on 8/1/2014The food here is fabulous, probably the best steak I have ever had. And the ambiance is very cool and opulent. The service however is very slow. It took an hour to get our food after we ordered. The server didn't come back to check on us either at any point during that hour. Other than that, I highly recommend The ForgeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Forge!DAYLINVIPDined on 7/30/2014Had a great time with husband and guests. We'll be back soon. DAYLINSpecial Features:
- Great placemizswedeDined on 7/27/2014Very upscale, great service, found on Travel zoo, def. worth the experience, will come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014As always, food was great, our server was awesome, the atmosphere perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAmazingDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I are at the forge and by far it was the most memorable, amazing experience ever. Hands down the best food, service experience. Thank you forge for an incredible time. A week later my wife and I are still raving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ForgeBarbDined on 7/26/2014Everything was excellent, food, service, ambiance. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014One of the nicest and professionally run Restaurants in Miami. We a birthday party group of 9. They did everything perfect and made the celebration memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldie goldiewineguyVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have been going to the Forge since my teens in the 50-60's!! over the years this restaurant has been established as a must go place. in recent years I didn't care for the food but that has changed!! last night we decided to go and wow!! it was just fabulous. the food is well prepared and presented. the taste are truly unique. the wine steward has been there for over 20 years and the selection not only by the glass but by the bottle is first class. the new chef and updated design and the overall ambience makes for a spectacular experience. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodforthoughtDined on 7/19/2014Great food def a place for foodies, service very attentive and friendly. Remember tip/service charge included in bill for all parties to ensure proper tipping. Awesome food great lobster risotto and chocolate soufflé. House Malbec wine exceptional. Def worth the money to experience this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpectationsFineaswineDined on 7/18/2014Positives: Very high energy restaurant with excellent food and an excellent wine selection. Unique and whimsical decor. Patronized by "beautiful" people. Negatives: Very noisy and not condusive to a leisurely or romantic experience. Not kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate dining experienceDJonesDined on 7/17/2014The Forge has always set the standard for all other dining establishments. From the friendly greeting at the door, to the impeccable service from the waiter, to the absolutely delicious food cooked to perfection, it does not get better than this.Special Features:
- Beautiful, elegant and socialLovestodineVIPDined on 7/16/2014We came here to celebrate a birthday and have been before so we knew what to expect or at least we thought we did. Atmosphere was lovely. This may be an off day but our food was unremarkable...bland...salad,filet...the French onion soup over seasoned..thyme? Not what we were hoping.
- Overall experienceSeason52Dined on 7/12/2014Excelllent. First time at The Forge, and I would not mind going back next week again. Very good experience. Excellent food quality and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20% auto tip! Bad servicepatticakeVIPDined on 7/12/2014I find it incredible that a 20% tip is added to the check yet we had lousy service. Our waitress poured cabernet into my glass of pinot which I was still drinking. I ordered a cocktail that was not made as I asked and they had to do it again. Normally we have a pleasant experience and will not have an issue with a 20% tip but it should not be automatic when you have had bad service and we let her know this!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReggierVIPDined on 7/11/2014Very noisy, impossible to have a conversation. They even raised the music volume while we were in the quiet library room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!NpattersonDined on 7/7/2014Our waitress, Simone, a fellow Detroiter, was attentive, knowledgable and went out of our way, after our meal, to give us a tour of the restaurant. The place is beautiful, food was wonderful, wine selection was pleasantly overwhelming. Selections ranged from $6 per glass to over $100 per glass - perfect for all levels of wine lovers. Would definitely go back the next time we are in Miami. Wanted something within walking distance to our hotel, Fontainbleau. Found this place on google maps. About a 10 minute walk. Very lucky find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 7/4/2014TERRIBLE atmosphere for upscale steak house!! Never went to nice restaurant doubling as night club! Music was way TOOOO loud!Special Features:
- TigerFanDined on 7/4/2014Eclectic interior. Good food. Very loud. Lots of kids. Customers in grungy shorts. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- A Perfect ExperienceIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I visited The Forge for dinner on July 4th thinking that the Independence Day fireworks would be the most exciting part of the evening - Instead, it was our dinner experience that was breathtaking. From the second we arrived, every staff member (waiter, bread guy, sommelier, and managers) all invested their time, attention and recommendations in making our experience unique. The onion soup was delicious, not the usual boring broth with a hunk of cheese, but a real work of art. The entrees (my wife's seafood, and my steak) were prepared perfectly. The toughest part of the night was when dessert came, and my wife just kept saying "it's so beautiful on the plate, I hate to even eat it!" Honestly I can't remember a better meal ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why that "music?"OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/29/2014Everything about our visit to the Forge was good: welcome; seating; service and food. What we could not understand was the loud music that was playing "in the background." Why would a restaurant with such classic ambience mar that with loud intrusive music? Trying to attract a younger crowd, I suspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ive0419Dined on 6/28/2014Great ambience , service was magnifisant , detailed focused . However the food was average, nothing really struck out as far as taste . For the price the food should be above average . Would still recommended due to the decor atmosphere and service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding servicenataDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has always been my favorite, the food is exceptional (file minion to "die for"), service was outstanding. I am definatley going to Forge again and will bring friends. Zach, our waiter, was wonderful, we were in a bit of a hurry and he made it go flawlessly with no delay to get us out of the restaurant in time for opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great tableKnoxieDined on 6/27/2014Good food. The bar was loud but the table was nice and easy to talk. Great service. Good Miami HotelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not ExcellentjuanafVIPDined on 6/27/2014First time at The Forge. Very nice place, but the level of noise is too high. You feel like entering into a pop corn machine. Not sure if it was for private parties going on or because after some time the restaurant becomes a Lounge. The food was good, but it was not outstanding. it was good going once for the experience, but not planning to come back.Special Features:
- Very googMiamigalDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is a Miami favorite. It is always good and the wine selection by the glass is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chefRimzakVIPDined on 6/26/2014Rumors were that this place saw its better days. Rumors were wrong. Super swanky decor. And the new chef brings some amazing food to the table. Date night, special occasion, or just because. Try the ravioli!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemSocialbugDined on 6/25/2014This is dining at it's best. The very romantic and exquisite interiors make this a must! This is the first visit since the remodel and it has a more modern flair, with the extra mile of romantic in the chandelier and dark wood. Our meal was amazing and wine the best. I would absolutely recommend The Forge for your special night out, you will not forget it!Special Features:
- The Gem of MiamibankerkeithDined on 6/25/2014We spent 2 weeks in Miami to celebrate our honeymoon and celebrated at The Forge. We've been to many exceptional restaurants around the country and this one is on par with the best we've experienced. Exceptional wine by the glass selection for those that would like to pair with multiple courses or don't want to commit to a bottle. Our server, Mike, was top notch. Well informed on the menu, wine list, and the chef's style of cooking. He was extremely personable and went out of his way to make us feel as if we were the most important people in the room. Our dinner consisted of a 40oz porterhouse, scallops, sprouts, wild mushrooms, and desert. Steak was on par with Peter Lugers or Mastro's and everything was superb. Outstanding experience!Special Features:
- The following 1101 reviews are from the The Forge reviews archive.
- 25 years later still fantastic!Johnny55Dined on 6/24/2014Went here for the first time in 25 years. Ambiance is unique, service fantastic. We got a private tour of the wine cellar ! I had the 8 oz filet mignon with a side of hash browns, heirloom tomatoe salad. All perfect. My partner had veal porterhouse with side of Brussel sprouts. Veal was too salty and brussel sprouts were bitter/ undercooked (although that might be the proper style , we like ours softer and sweeter). He had a fantastic wedge salad. Soufflé desert was impeccable. Slightly disappointed in my partners food as it was his birthday and I kept bragging about the place. But I would definitely recommend it and hi again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flogDined on 6/23/2014our waiter was not only very bad too arrogant alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeTLuvDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I went after she found a discount Gilt City voucher online. We made a reservation through OpenTable. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. Our server did a great job and the food was excellent. We will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.vickyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Everything was perfect. Probably the best steak I've ever eaten.Special Features:
- ForgereviewsDined on 6/20/2014Ambiance was ruined by loud disco music throughout the meal. Making conversation nearly impossible without shouting. Waiter was a bit pushy.Special Features:
- An Enduring ClassicTraveledeaterDined on 6/15/2014This was my first time at the Forge. I went for Father's Day and everything was perfect. The service was friendly and attentive from the moment you walk in. The design of the restaurant itself is chic and fits the Miami/South Beach locale. However, the food was amazing. Everything was presented beautifully and full of flavor even the cocktails! A great place...it's pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We only had one night in Miami so I picked this restaurant as it had history and good reviews. It lived up to expectations food was excellent and good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.