107 Porter Street
East Boston, MA 02128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eccoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30am; Late Night Menu: 10:30pm-1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our restaurant for your private events. Dinner groups from 40 to 100 all welcome for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Fitzgerald/ David Modica/ Jon Larkin 617-561-1112
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Pre-fix Four Course Menu $60 per person Please visit the events page at www.eccoboston.com for full menu.
A word from Ecco Boston
East Boston's newest hot spot to "Gather, Dine and Relax." With an impressive list of Wines, Special Martini’s, and Cocktails created exclusively to excite the palate. Ecco’s tempting array of Desserts, Cappuccino and Espresso can be harmonized with a selection from our extensive list of Cordial’s, Dessert or Port Wines. An added attraction to Ecco is plenty of on-site parking, making your experience with us enjoyable from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ecco Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)special occasion (14)romantic (14)hot spot (11)good for groups (8)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- n/aswaneeDined on 7/20/2013Since me & my husband have been here before, we had no problems except the music was tad to loud & a/c just a bit off. Could have been a little bit cooler. But since we took someone out for their "Birthday", the person was a bit disappointed with ambience, etc.. since "Zagat" gave it a good rating. I guess they were hoping for "tables clothes", since you had cloth napkins. My husband remembers when "ECCO" 1st opened they had table clothes & it made the place look really "classy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our food was 4*, / service in my eyes was 4* -but not in birthday's persons, ? ambience 4* ,/ noise level (music 3*).. i know my husband & I will be back, the other party won't due to lack of ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findCushingDined on 7/11/2013Great service, classy atmosphere in run down neighborhood, creative menu (food and drink), VERY good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was better a few months agoLPoloDined on 6/29/2013I still give Ecco 4 stars because its appetizers are excellent. However, I do think that its entrees used to be a lot tastier. I've been here 4 times in the past year and this past visit was not as good as previous ones. I will continue going because I love the ambiance, and the staff is pretty nice, albeit service is a tad slow....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccoPhipat76Dined on 6/29/2013This was our first experience at Ecco. I had the Sea Bass Special & it was outstanding. I was a generous piece of sea bass served over a lobster risotto. The risotto had so much lobster in it it could have been a meal in itself. My husband had the short ribs and it was god, but the rib portion could have been bigger. Will try again.Special Features:
- ExcellentPamelaDined on 6/11/2013Time was an issue for us and they helped out alot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse service everOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2013This place has changed. It was once decent and now it is lousy. Drinks took almost 30 minute, the wrong food was delivered leaving half our group to watch us eat. Waitress has an attitude and it was very loud. Not worth it anymore.Special Features:
- East Boston GemMike209Dined on 5/24/2013I was visiting Boston, and happened upon Ecco due to its proximity to Logan airport. The experience was great! Delicious food, knowledgeable staff, and very reasonable prices. I'd recommend it for anyone who would like to find a reasonably priced meal that will delight the palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013This restaurant gave me everything a high class Boston restaurant would with the benefit of not being in the city. They also have their own parking lot so parking is easy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a moment I thought EccoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2013For a moment I thought Ecco had improved with a new menu and new management but after my visit yesterday I was a bit disappointed. The food used to be very good and now is just ok and inconsistent. One day one item is served one way and the next day is served another way. Their signature dishes have to stay consistent for repeat customers to continue to come back. This is a neighborood restaurant and locals come back sometimes for the same dishes. Thank you!Special Features:
- A credit to EastieJayJVIPDined on 5/12/2013I have been to Ecco numerous times and have never been disappointed. The staff and management are accommodating, friendly and extremely welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit. Terrific. GLeonardVIPDined on 4/25/2013Our second visit. Terrific. Great experience all aroundSpecial Features:
- You Won't Be DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/6/2013A bustling place in a neighborhood where you wouldn't expect this kind of upscale dining. Can be crowded, but service is friendly and the food is top-notch.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedLPoloDined on 3/30/2013It was my first time at Ecco, and living in Chelsea, its nice to be relatively close to a restaurant like this. The food was surprisingly good - fresh ingredients. The service was awesome and the place itself had good lighting and tasteful decor. I thought that the huge flatscreens took away from the place, but I get it - its a bar as well. I also thought that it was a little overpriced. This is concerning because of where this restaurant is located, and the potential for it to turn into a restaurant that only caters to those NOT living in East Boston or Chelsea because of its prices.Special Features:
- RxleesSeelxrVIPDined on 3/22/2013My son had a flight into Logan on a friday night so my wife and I decided to try Ecco (which is nearby). What a great find. Starts with free (and ample) parking out back. Waitress was very friendly and helpful with the menu, drinks and specialties. Food was excellent. Lobster chowder is a must, and everything else was very good. Atmosphere is very good - not a huge place, but tastefully elegant. Manager (owner?) paid close attention to what was going on and stopped by to make sure everything was going well (it was). I would definitely recommend - its the kind of place that you want to see do well - and it delivers.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013Food was excellent and everyone was happy with their meals. Waitperson was energetic and meals were served quickly. Parking located behind restaurant making this a good reason to visit Ecco and not be concerned with city parking.Special Features:
- Excellent food as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/18/2013Food was excellent as always. Desert left much to be desired. My server was not engaging, she was rushing around when the restaurant did not appear to be busy. The manager on duty and other servers were on point engaging and anticipated my needs-my hope was that I could have tipped them and not the server assigned to my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013I was disappointed with the service here. I reserved a table a few days ahead of time through open table and wrote a reservation note that the occasion was for a friends birthday. In addition to writing the note I spoke with one of the staff members there asking if they could bring a piece of cake over after we finished dinner,( they could have charged me for it and that would be fine). Well no one ever brought cake, instead the waitress brought over dessert menus asking if we wanted to order dessert. At this point I didn't even want the cake, I was irritated it hadn't come out as I requested TWICE. I also felt the waitress was pushy trying to "up-sell" us from the moment we got there. Not a great experience, I won't be going back...
- Deliciousness - service not so hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Service was ok, I say ok, because it was very slow to get a waiter to greet us. The restaurant was not busy &waiters seemed to struggle. The manager seemed to roam around but was not very helpful in aiding her staff. The food was the highlight, amazing deliciousness!!! For appetizers we ordered, the mussels & pan seared pork belly, to die for. For our entree we shared the baked cod, so fresh, so yummy!!! Would def. go back for the food, the service needs a little more training.Special Features:
- Roving RobRovingRobVIPDined on 3/1/2013Wow, this place was great! The menu was full of interesting and well prepared items. The atmosphere was warm and cozy, a high end lounge setting. Our server was very good, very knowledgeable, and be sure to try the unusual cocktails. Some have said it is hard to find but take a right immediately upon exiting the Callahan Tunnel and there it is. Ecco would be a huge hit if in the Back Bay but it would also be $20 more per person.Special Features:
- Ecco continues to improveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2013Ecco continues to improve with each visit, providing those in East Boston with a high quality dining and bar experience. The food is fresh, creative, and reasonably priced. A special app of perfectly cooked, lightly breaded rock shrimp was a hit, delivered creatively in a mini fry-basket with baby arugula at the bottom (providing a nice counterpoint to the hot shrimp) and a very tasty sauce to the side. The main dishes, too, are very well prepared and presented, and ingredients often are locally-sourced. Save room for dessert too! Gone are the artificial, factory-made desserts of the "old" Ecco. In are homemade, fresh, delicious ice creams, cakes and other sweets well-worth the extra calories. Keep up the GREAT work, Ecco!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013As a resident of East Boston, I must say I am very excited that this place is located close to my home. Safe to say you can get Downtown quality at lower prices. I've been in a couple times already and the food doesn't disappoint. Recently I had a Surf and Turf special with blue cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus. My filet was cooked a perfect medium rare. The scallops were a bit salty and slightly over cooked but still not too bad. This is where the fourth star gets knocked for me, I ordered an Old Fashioned to drink and it was shaken, as well as a Manhattan, also shaken. I only knew they were shaken by the layer of foam that's created when shaking an all spirit cocktail. I think with a little more bar knowledge this place will be great!Special Features:
- Service lacked this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Ecco is always consistent with its food. The only variable I've experienced is the service. Unfortunately, Valentine's Day saw us get what appeared to be a new server who failed to ask how we would like our steaks cooked. Once served he never came to check on us, and had to order a second drink from the maitre'd.Special Features:
- Valentines disapointmentJoeDevDined on 2/14/2013Started off to be a good night but the coordination of the food delivery and drink delivery was off. We were at a table for four first two meals came out second two were more then 10 minutes behind. Mine came out wrong meal. I sent it back apparently the waiter grabbed the wrong one, the second attempt came out right away but apparently had been sitting it was warm at best and the fish was a bit dry. The Manager did her best to see that we were taken care of but too many mistakes to say anything more then this restaurant was ok at best.
- Great food and service butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and service but we were cold! The temperature was not comfortable for a relaxing evening. We like this restaurant and have been several times.Special Features:
- The food was great. The temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013The food was great. The temperature in the restaurant was a little to cold. Needed a heavy sweater to be comfortable.Special Features:
- A quiet Sunday evening afterBobAVIPDined on 2/10/2013A quiet Sunday evening after a major snowstorm, it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OK for a night out. Not surekickVIPDined on 2/2/2013OK for a night out. Not sure how to describe...very eclectric crowd. We were way overdressed even though it was Satyrday night...Lots of folks in jeans, etc. Food was good but came too fast after ordering. No time to sit and have conversation. Service was good until the end when we waited...and waited..and waited for a drink. May be better just for bar and light dinner.Everyone very polite.
- lovely foods, combinationstommyVIPDined on 2/2/2013lovely foods, combinations and presentations - terrific serviceSpecial Features:
- First time at Ecco. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2013First time at Ecco. Service was friendly but slow. Food was ok. Wouldn't be my first choice.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!Shelley1Dined on 1/5/2013Ecco is a treat every time, and it's the only restaurant that can entice my friends in the Back Bay & South End to venture through the tunnel for. A great evening with delicious food and a perfectly attentive waitperson. Jimmy enhanced our evening with good recommendations and a warm, funny style. Our food and drinks were excellent, with the small exception of the baked cod, which was too dry around the edges according to one member of our party. Nevertheless, our overall experience was fantastic and we will continue to come back. I highly recommend Ecco.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012The service on New Years Eve was exceptional and the food very well prepared. An easy cab ride from the airport if you are looking for something different nearby when spending a brief amount of time in Boston. Oysters on the half shell were lovely, salads great - a very interesting Cesar, and lobster risotto nicely prepared. We brought desert back to our hotel - I am glad we did not miss it because they were "killer good" as they say in New England. Nice wine and beer list. Seemed to be a good mix of neighborhood atmosphere with creative, gourmet cooking.Special Features:
- The food and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The food and presentation were very good with the veal, short ribs and truffle fries our favorites. An inexperienced wait staff unfortunately took away from the experience. I would definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Best brunch ever! EverythingKikiDined on 12/4/2012Best brunch ever! Everything was made fresh and served in a timely fashion. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!ljneeVIPDined on 11/25/2012Tucked away in a corner of Eastie- beautiful restaurant, great ambiance, and FANTASTIC food!Special Features:
- Ecco was a recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2012Ecco was a recommendation from a friend. We had some relatives visiting from out of town. The atmosphere was great. Our server was attentive, friendly and described the dishes very well (I ask a lot of questions before I order). The food was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2012Found this awesome little neighbor hood gem by accident. We are going back before we head home. Fantastic food.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our experience!jillcoachDined on 10/27/2012We really enjoyed our experience! We dined on the early side, so the noise level was pretty low. Our server was terrific, and made some excellent wine recommendations. We had a cozy corner table, which was perfect. Food was very good, piping hot, and the portion size was ample without being overwhelming. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Was a little let down thisDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 10/19/2012Was a little let down this past visit on Friday night to one of our favorites located on the way out of the airport. The food quality was a bit off from the norm, orders got mixed up with other tables and the Reserve Wine list was a disaster. The first two bottles I ordered were "out of stock" of course causing me to proceed up the price ladder and even the last one I selected wasn't the right vintage as printed on the wine list... maybe they need a new distributor? They need to refocus a little more attention to regain some of the higher accolades I had posted on previous visits. We'll try them again, one more time before finding another Opentable favorite...Special Features:
- STELLAROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Everthing was wonderful. A great little gem in the heart of East Boston. Will definately go back. LOVED my pumpkin martinis. I got the lobster mac and cheese which was also stellar :)Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food andRoboZDined on 10/5/2012Excellent Italian food and great service. Imaginative and well prepared dishes. Great place for North Shore folk who don't want the hassle of trying to park in town Boston or the extra toll going through the tunnel or over the bridge. Free parking in lot behind restaurant.Special Features: