107 Porter Street
East Boston, MA 02128Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eccoboston.com/
- Phone: 6175611112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -10:30am; Late Night Menu: 10:30pm-1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our restaurant for your private events. Dinner groups from 40 to 100 all welcome for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Fitzgerald/ David Modica/ Jon Larkin 617-561-1112
- Special Events: Valentine's Day Pre-fix Four Course Menu $60 per person Please visit the events page at www.eccoboston.com for full menu.
A word from Ecco Boston
East Boston's newest hot spot to "Gather, Dine and Relax." With an impressive list of Wines, Special Martini’s, and Cocktails created exclusively to excite the palate. Ecco’s tempting array of Desserts, Cappuccino and Espresso can be harmonized with a selection from our extensive list of Cordial’s, Dessert or Port Wines. An added attraction to Ecco is plenty of on-site parking, making your experience with us enjoyable from beginning to end.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ecco Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (11)late-night find (10)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great food and even better servicedavidfrombostonDined on 2/14/2014Like the rest of Boston, we were dining out on Valentines Day. Traffic in Boston could not have been worse that evening and we were running at least 30 min late. The owner could not have been nicer and held our table. Dinner was exceptional and much more reasonably priced than a comparable restaurant in downtown Boston. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delcious!BoopDined on 1/31/2014Our party of 3 were completely satisfied with our meals. The prices were A little on the high side. I would definitely recommend for special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant food and attentiveSusanDined on 1/24/2014I went there for dinner and food was amazing! Staff is very attentive! Drinks are good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. No waitBerkerycVIPDined on 1/21/2014Easy to get in and quick/good food but we're always the only ones there which is a little weird.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- W always have a positive atBuffyDined on 1/16/2014W always have a positive at experience at Ecco. However, the last time we were there the service was a bit slow. It would be nice if they would add back to their menu some of the more traditional Italien dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBam2LuVIPDined on 1/11/2014I go to Ecco often. The food and the service is consistently excellent. If you want an ethic appetizer I highly recommend las arepitas. The specials for last night were delicious. I had the filet mignon with a very generous portion of asparagus on a bed of mashed potatoes. The filet was perfectly cooked. My partner had the lobster ravioli and it was delicious. Now a word about our reservation. It was for a party of 4 at 9:30. We wanted an earlier time, but according to OpenTable there was nothing available until then. When we arrived at the restaurant around 9:10 we noticed that most tables, about 80% of them, were emptied. I let the maître d' know about it and he graciously told us that he would inform the manager.Special Features:
- Check this place out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014We moved to the neighborhood several months ago and kept talking about wanting to try Ecco- I'm glad we finally did! The bar service was attentive and friendly (Raspberry Sangria!!!), the food was delicious (main course and dessert!) and the ambiance was warm and inviting! We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceMickiDined on 1/10/2014I loved the relaxed feel. The cocktails were made to perfection and my short ribs were so tender and flavorful. The waite staff was attentive and very polite. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried this fine-diningOutoftownerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Finally tried this fine-dining place in Eastie, which it is nice to have a place like this close by (with parking) so you don't always have to run to Boston proper to have a nice dining experience. The food was pretty decent, scallops were good. My only complaint was the waitress was REALLY smothering. It was a slow night and she didn't have enough to do, so she chose to come by every 2 minutes, and then kept telling us we had to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveDutchDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I ate at Ecco on New Years. It was intimate and the cocktails were fun. People were friendly and we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- We live right around the cornerSH89VIPDined on 12/31/2013We live right around the corner and come here a lot. Great food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our meal andOverwelmingDined on 12/9/2013Really enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. Highly recommend; I had the short ribs and my son had the duck. The service, atmosphere and presentation were all 4 star in my book!Special Features:
- reliably good foodBeachwalkerVIPDined on 12/7/2013We have been coming to Ecco for several years and have never had a poor meal. We especially love its ovation as it is the perfect place for friends from the North Shore to meet friends from the South ShoreSpecial Features:
- neighborhood gemljneeVIPDined on 11/17/2013Ecco is a lovely restaurant tucked away on a small street in East Boston. The food is delicious. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal, which included lobster ravioli, shrimp scampi (the best ever!) and wonderful mussels. The bread they serve is delicious, with an herbed butter. The service was excellent. I will come back and would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were leaving Logan AirportHealthspeakerVIPDined on 11/15/2013We were leaving Logan Airport and looking for a place to eat. This place was a great find. Great mixed drinks, excellent salad, lovely fresh fish. Our server was very helpful and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The waitress was very polite and helpfull, she also had a sense of humor as there were 5 guys and my older brother (75) jokingly asked for her number and she gave him a phone number and said "he'll forget my number in 5 minues" and we all laughed! The food was excellent and cooked just the way I like my Steak. The Wine was very good! The booth was very nice and comfortable we could have a nice quite conversation and not have to raise our voices to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco dining experiencDiningqueenDined on 10/22/2013After much difficulty arriving at the restaurant because of the one-way part of the street, the experience soared. the waitress was great, the food fabulous (I even ordered food to take home) . would definitely recommend it as a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Another excellent mealShelley1Dined on 10/19/2013I selected Ecco for my birthday dinner with a small group of family members. I was optimistic that the menu would appeal to the foodies while not intimidating the non-foodies in the group, and it worked out perfectly. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the cocktail list. He handled the slow decision-makers and the bad jokers in our party with patience and good humor, and the evening was a great success. We shared the fried calamari appetizer, which was fresh and delicious, and the meatball bites which were insanely good. (I highly recommend mopping up the sauce with some of the tasty rosemary focaccia served at each table.) Main courses were amazing, but no space here for details. Great night, great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Boston gemPhillyGirlVIPDined on 10/19/2013Easy to get to from I-93 and street parking available. Beautiful interior and refined Italian food. Our waiter was professional and attentive. Food was beautiful in presentation and delicious. Will look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was exceptionalDiningOutDivaDined on 10/11/2013Every single thing we ordered from the drinks to dessert was delicious. We had an Italian meat plate special appetizer and the meatball bites. BOTH were to die for. For dinner we had braised ribs and the sirloin....DELISH! The crime brûlée was awesome and the Martina's delicious (The Sunshine was awesome). Server was knowledgable and patient while still being attentive. Overall, awesome experience. Great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Fine Dining in East BostonBuckNastyVIPDined on 10/9/2013Everything you want from an amazing downtown dining destination at half the cost, with plenty of free parking and one of the finest craft beer selections this enthusiast has ever come across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!CRAEBABYVIPDined on 10/3/2013The general manager, Deanna, is lovely and she runs a fantastic restaurant. The food was great, the ambience was great I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBostonUsaDined on 9/22/2013Had great food at ECCO not so much the service...the host has no manner to approach to guest and the Service very slow !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great menu with optionslovefoodDined on 9/20/2013overall great menu with options for all food loversSpecial Features:
- Great find!GrahamDined on 9/16/2013Great restaurant in an unassuming neighborhood. Beer list is excellent and food was great. Classy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2013What a great find. I was staying by Logan at the Hyatt. Dined on my own at the bar. The food was very fresh and presented well. The prices were also very reasonable. I will certainly go back and tell others about this find. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ssecond Time as Good as FirstYoginiVIPDined on 8/30/2013Great gem...delicious food, great selection, lovely ambiance, fantastic service and just a great spot for good food!Special Features:
- Amazing find!!!BostonCoupleDined on 8/16/2013We love trying new places and this place was one of the best finds ever!!! The food was unbelievably good. I ate my meal so slow to savor every bite. The service was just as amazing. Very attentive. I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteShelley1Dined on 8/10/2013Ecco has become our favorite restaurant in Boston. The food is elegant, plentiful, absolutely delicious, and beautifully presented. The service is consistently attentive and thorough. The servers are personable and well-informed about the menu and cocktails. The atmosphere is warm and attractive. I don't understand why Ecco isn't more crowded. Oh, and the bread is CRAZY good. Highly recommend Ecco.Special Features:
- Date night successAnonymousDined on 8/9/2013Went here on a date. We ate the muscles for an appetizer, a T-bone steak special, the duck entree, and the tiramisu. All of the food is excellent and could easily be served at a five star restaurant. My favorite was the duck- literally falling off the bone because it was cooked so perfectly. The atmosphere is well decorated but unusually casual for such good quality food though, with TV's playing sports in the dining and bar areas. Our server was very sweet and went beyond expectations. The cocktails, wine, and beer were all pretty standard and could probably be improved upon. Overall, I would definitely come back here and recommend it to someone looking for a really good meal in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecco Boston had a great interiorluv2dineVIPDined on 8/8/2013Ecco Boston had a great interior and is definitely a neighborhood gem. The service was extremely poor; however, I think it was more our waitress than a reflection of the restuarant as a whole since other servers seemed to be cognizant of their customers. The food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for after a long day of work not far from home!Special Features:
- eccosnowwhite50Dined on 8/3/2013ive been at ecco twice and enjoyed it both times never disappointed.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013Beautiful atmosphere, easy to find, great parking and DELICIOUS food! Loved the bread, scallops, halibut, lamb chops, surf and turf. There were 6 of us and everyone was delighted! Lovely waitress, very attentive service, would go back in a minute and recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- n/aswaneeDined on 7/20/2013Since me & my husband have been here before, we had no problems except the music was tad to loud & a/c just a bit off. Could have been a little bit cooler. But since we took someone out for their "Birthday", the person was a bit disappointed with ambience, etc.. since "Zagat" gave it a good rating. I guess they were hoping for "tables clothes", since you had cloth napkins. My husband remembers when "ECCO" 1st opened they had table clothes & it made the place look really "classy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our food was 4*, / service in my eyes was 4* -but not in birthday's persons, ? ambience 4* ,/ noise level (music 3*).. i know my husband & I will be back, the other party won't due to lack of ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findCushingDined on 7/11/2013Great service, classy atmosphere in run down neighborhood, creative menu (food and drink), VERY good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was better a few months agoLPoloDined on 6/29/2013I still give Ecco 4 stars because its appetizers are excellent. However, I do think that its entrees used to be a lot tastier. I've been here 4 times in the past year and this past visit was not as good as previous ones. I will continue going because I love the ambiance, and the staff is pretty nice, albeit service is a tad slow....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EccoPhipat76Dined on 6/29/2013This was our first experience at Ecco. I had the Sea Bass Special & it was outstanding. I was a generous piece of sea bass served over a lobster risotto. The risotto had so much lobster in it it could have been a meal in itself. My husband had the short ribs and it was god, but the rib portion could have been bigger. Will try again.Special Features:
- ExcellentPamelaDined on 6/11/2013Time was an issue for us and they helped out alot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse service everOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2013This place has changed. It was once decent and now it is lousy. Drinks took almost 30 minute, the wrong food was delivered leaving half our group to watch us eat. Waitress has an attitude and it was very loud. Not worth it anymore.Special Features:
- East Boston GemMike209Dined on 5/24/2013I was visiting Boston, and happened upon Ecco due to its proximity to Logan airport. The experience was great! Delicious food, knowledgeable staff, and very reasonable prices. I'd recommend it for anyone who would like to find a reasonably priced meal that will delight the palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.