3815 North Brown Avenue
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://themissionaz.com/
- Phone: 480-636-5005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican / Southwestern, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Matt Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have an open dining area that is separate from the main dining room. We can accommodate up to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sonia Sorenson 480-636-5005x
A word from The Mission
Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Mission - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The Mission reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)special occasion (82)romantic (71)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (42)good for groups (31)great for lunch (19)late-night find (19)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Highlight of Old Town ScottsdaleDoxie1Dined on 5/14/2014Recommended by a good friend; specifically the signature margarita and the table-side guacamole. Absolutely a great start...followed by our selection of pork shoulder tacos and street corn. Nothing better than pork shoulder glazed with a pineapple/habanero sauce served with smaller sized, hand made corn tortillas served on a salt block to keep them warm...unless it's the fresh corn (either on or off the cob) served with a spicy Aoli sauce. Everything was great; we cleaned our plates and would definitely recommend the Mission to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers Day and the food was good we all had a great timeSpecial Features:
- SaltBrickMattDined on 5/11/2014love the story on the SaltBrick - great idea Matt - our service was outstanding is how we were told about the SaltBrickSpecial Features:
- food deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had some extra food delivered to our table....corn and desserts and the waiter said these are from me...meaning to us...on the house...oh no, they showed up on our bill. Really? Bad taste to do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MamaGDined on 5/9/2014This is our 4th time back to The Mission, each time with different friends. Never a disappointment! Excellent good, service and atmosphere......we'll be back on our next vacation to AZ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSassyStefVIPDined on 5/9/2014Our lunch was just ok.... The guacamole guy gave us a hard time for not wanting peppers in our guacamole, made it too spicy to eat. Weird.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a treat!MakeithappnDined on 5/8/2014Exceptional waiter - I believe his name was Jamel. He made the night really special. Knowledgable funny prompt. Bar service was also exceptional. Michael was great. The food was outstanding. I left feeling very satisfied. We will be back next trip to Scottsdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwest favor surprisesGailVIPDined on 5/8/2014Excellent food and many surprise favors. Menu was prefect variations of southwest fare and portions depending on your appetite. Street corn app was amazing as was the gourmet tacos. Highly reccomentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Great setting. Comfortable atmosphere. The service was outstanding and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- akafoodieDined on 5/7/2014The atmosphere at The Mission really makes it feel like it's a special night out. Very helpful friendly staff. The margaritas were fantastic. We had the tacos, which were delicious, especially liked the short rib tacos. Everything was great, except that it was too dark. Flashlights should not be needed to read a menu. Raise the light level some and it would be perfect.Special Features:
- AnniversaryEatgoodfoodDined on 5/5/2014We ordered the Duck Empanadas. It did not have as much duck in it as before and it came out semi warm. The flat iron steak was cooked perfectly. Both dishes were very eye appealing. Since it was our 2nd Anniversary we were comped the dessert. It was a sweet bread with sorbet and swimming in brown sugar sauce The service was poor. Our waitress kept trying to clear our plates before we were done! She turned away quickly every time as if she did not have time for us, although it was not busy. Overall a disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceTukee2Dined on 5/4/2014We had a great dinner! The setting is gorgeous, the food was incredible, and our server was attentive and knowledgeable, without hovering. I recommend The Mission for a special occasion, or any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We drove longer then it took us to eat! Waiter rushed us. Ordered an appetizer and within 5 minutes we had our main course. Waiter laughed saying " yah food is quickly prepared... Not coolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014The table side gucamole was very good. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Best food and environment. Actually, went back a second night in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and drinks. The service good. They accomodate last minute extra guest. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- YummyChiFoodJunkieVIPDined on 5/1/2014Guacamole- UNREAL Crispy Pork & Cola Lime Glaze- Best thing I have ever put in my mouth. Short Rib Barbacoa- The waitress didnt seem to wild about this one but everyone said this was the best thing we ordered. The crunch of the B&B pickle made the dish. The pork shoulder was our least favorite. 100% Must go to this place if you are in the area!!Special Features:
- Our second visitChristopherElbow2Dined on 5/1/2014This was our second time at the Mission this week. The food is absolutely awesome. We went back specifically to try the Pork Shoulder tacos...super tasty and meant to share for two. Loved it. The Missionary was a great drink...half margarita and half sangria. Our server made us uncomfortable. We told him we came back to try very specific items and he kept pushing other things. He had long explanations for everything and got very defensive when we said we loved Mexican food. He corrected us and told us the food was created from a French trained chef. We are aware, but were ordering tacos and guacamole. His comments were unnecessary. He insisted on our order right away due to several large parties ordering at once..didn't see 1 large partySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific ExperiencefbearDined on 4/30/2014I was in town for one night with some clients and The Mission was recommended by a local. I had a guest from Australia who said that "dinner alone was worth the trip". What a great experience and the guacamole was amazing. Thanks for a terrific dinning experience.Special Features:
- Very very yummy!FussyfussyfoodieDined on 4/30/2014A really fantastic place, modern twists on old favorites.....loved it. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2014The food was amazing! Loved the tableside prepared guacamole.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJeanerVIPDined on 4/29/2014The evening was great starting with the tableside guacamole which was very good. The flat iron stark was tender and great flavor and the pumpkin bared pudding was amazing!! Next visit to Arizona and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our visitChristopherElbow2Dined on 4/28/2014The Mission was recommended to us by a few friends back home in Chicago. We were really excited to try it. Loved everything about it. The skirt steak tacos were amazing and so was the table side guac. Blood orange margarita was tasty as well. We loved the atmosphere and I'm always a fan of a place with great food with enough energy to be able to get away with playing hip hop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!PrincessFionaDined on 4/28/2014Great table side guacamole, great margaritas! Sitting outside in the back was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bruttiDined on 4/28/2014Great rest. But flies on patio were numerous and undesirableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MeredithVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love...Love...Love the Mission. It is a unique dining experience. Great atmosphere, great service and great drinks. You can never go wrong with the Mission. Our waiter Jermaine was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Amazing!FoodieantDined on 4/26/2014We had a great meal at the Mission - food was amazing, ambience was terrific and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect ExperienceIrishFoodieDined on 4/26/2014My Husband and I were in Scottsdale for the weekend and we wanted authentic Mexican food and we found it! Every aspect our experience was perfect. The service and presentation were unforgettable. My only criticism is that they do not deliver to Chicago. If you are in the area, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mission is on a missionGoManGoDined on 4/26/2014Everything about this dining experience was pleasant and the food was delicate and wonderful. Our party of four (two out of towners) wanted to meet for lunch and to talk. We ate outside on the back patio, as the interior was a bit loud (not in a bad way, but it was difficult to speak casually & be heard). We had the tableside guacamole--a nice show, made to order. We also had the mahi mahi fish tacos--we asked for them grilled. They were delicate, with a hint of sweet and spicy. Another guest had the pork shoulder tacos--he thought it was great. For dessert, we had the fried bananas wrapped in a tortilla and also the pumpkin bread pudding (moist & delish!). Both were big enough to share. Service was friendly, very competent. Go visit soon!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was simply delicious - we enjoyed everything! Service was exceptional as well. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired Modern Latin CuisinelocalAZfoodieDined on 4/23/2014The Mission has become a personal favorite of ours. The setting is amazing, the food is nothing short of brilliant, and the ambiance and service staff are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!! Great serviceNJHeidiDined on 4/23/2014The restaurant is jamming! The waitress was very good, very attentive and personable. The sangria was very yummy. The guacamole is a must get!! My husband and I shared the slow cooked pork tacos, soooo yummy. I wanted to lick the plate. You must order these. The fish tacos and chicken skewers were also delicious. A great spot for dinner. It is very dark inside, but the atmosphere was good. Definitely go thereSpecial Features:
- Early Evening PerfectionStephanieDined on 4/23/2014I heard mixed reviews on the service and food. My experience (Wednesday at 6:00) was friendly and prompt service and outstanding food. I had the Janduri Chicken (sp?) and my friends had seafood tacos and salmon. We loved it all. The table side guacamole was great as advertised, although the homemade chips were extra salty. I would definitely recommend The Mission. Best to come early and sit in the patio (weather permitting) to beat the crowds. I was able to find free parking in the lot across the street.Special Features:
- Amazing!LaurainazVIPDined on 4/23/2014We had an incredible evening. The food and service was excellent. The margaritas were some of the best we have ever enjoyed!Special Features:
- You Get What you Pay ForDonCoyoteDined on 4/23/2014Really outstanding service and ambience. Food and beverage were excellent but somewhat expensive for a casual lunch. Total lunch tab for 3 including tax and tip was $120. Would recommend for special occasions and discriminating guests. In Old Town Scottsdale so great location to rendezvous before touring the shops and sights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Latin fusion cuisineExistensiaVIPDined on 4/22/2014Absolutely delicious!! The pork belly and duck were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightKimkDined on 4/21/2014The food was delicious and the staff delightful. Sat out on the back on the patio and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrokentopBrokentopDined on 4/20/2014The food was innovative and delicious. Lighting very romantic. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- It's really a great bar.MIMIDined on 4/20/2014But because we had a gift certificate we used it for Easter brunch. I would recommend it only as an upscale bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night special dinnerBobKDined on 4/19/2014Mission is conveniently located in Old Scottsdale with lots of parking near by at the parking garage behind the restaurant. The menu is unique and food preparation and presentation is excellent - though pricey. Service from all the waiter staff was cordial and prompt.Special Features: