Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
7601 Miami Lakes Drive
Miami Lakes, FL 33014Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donshula.com/shulas-steak-house-miami-lakes
- Phone: 3058208102
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday - Saturday 4:00pm - 7:00 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jonah Trongale
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Shula's - Miami Lakes offers a great space for weddings, social events, business dinners & other functions for up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Shula's - Miami Lakes can accommodate up to 60 guests. The facilities are ideal for business presentations, social gatherings & other events.
- Private Party Contact: Amina Sidky email@example.com 3058208102
A word from Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes
The original Shula's Steak House, located in Miami Lakes, is a virtual museum of the 1972 "Perfect Season", an elegant atmosphere decorated with game balls & pictures of that '72 season. Shula's serves the biggest & best. All steaks are Shula cut, Premium Black Angus, including the signature 48 ounce steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes - Best Restaurants in Miami Lakes ›
Shula's Steak House - Miami Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (26)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (15)fit for foodies (14)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- food and servicelizelaVIPDined on 3/1/2014for the original steakhouse it stands the test of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with an attitude.Likes2dineDined on 2/22/2014Food was good and well prepared. Very pricey, but that was expected. The three of us felt our waiters had a condescending attitude. Like over the top politeness, but not friendly. Probably, won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Great steakhouseJimDolfanDined on 2/22/2014It was great to see the Dolphin nostalgia. I’ve been several times over the last 20 years. We don’t go more often because it’s an hour drive each way and it makes for a long night. It’s certainly a place to take a meat and potatoes lover. Try it, you’ll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business meeting,SelbyDined on 2/18/2014Great for a Business meeting, we had a great round table for six. And the service food and wine was great. Will do it again when I am in south florida.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Mignon in Miami.jiniguanoDined on 2/15/2014Best Filet Mignon in Miami. Pricey but well worth it. Service always excels. My two favorite Shula's Restaurants: Miami Lakes and The Alexander Hotel in Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceVidaJDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited the restaurant for Valentine's Day and had a very pleasant experience overall. The food was cooked well and was flavorful. The bread they offer at the beginning of your meal is outstanding and the cesar salad is equally as tasty. My wife ordered chicken and I order steak for our entrees. We both enjoyed our meals. Sides have to be ordered separately, but they are large and can be shared. The ambiance was somewhat romantic. The staff was friendly and the service was excellent. We spent more than we normally would on dining out, but it was well worth it for a special occasion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicekeithDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's night- service, food and a bonus live entertainment all outstanding for a great night and special occasion!Special Features:
- Valentines dinner 2014CherylDined on 2/14/2014As usual, the food and service was fantastic. We were a little disappointed that we could only get a 5:30pm reservation and when we left, there were plenty of open tables that would have accomodated us at a later time.Special Features:
- Shula's Service Staff FumblesfazinflaDined on 2/13/2014My wife had the lobster bisque and I ordered the crab cakes for appetizers and both were above average in presentation and flavor. For dinner, we ordered a filet mignon and lobster tails with creamed spinach and mushroom sides. Each of these were perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. To finish my wife ordered the chocolate souffle which was just so so and a cup of expresso which was served luke warm. Only downside of the evening was that are bill contained errors which could have led to $50 in over charges if not detected and the fact that we had to wait an inordinate amount of time to pay the check. Sitting at an empty table with no food or drink for 15-20 minutes for the service staff to return with your credit card and bill is annoying!Special Features:
- I have been eating here forDDKiddDined on 2/7/2014I have been eating here for years and always find the food and service excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been dining here forDDKiddDined on 1/18/2014We have been dining here for years, always enjoy a wonderful dinner & good service from a friendly staff. They are always willing to accomadates special requestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and sea scallops!!!!AlaskaDined on 1/11/2014The steak was cooked perfectly and taste like true "prime" grade. The wine was delicious and reasonably priced, a La Crema Chardonnay. I am from Alaska so I love sea scallops. These scallops were spiced perfectly, cooked just right and taste delicious. The dessert, a molten chocolate cake, came in a single serving size that was enough for 3 people. The service, beginning with the parking and including the host, the bar, the waiter and the food servers were all outstanding. This is a perfect place for our next special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyYummyDined on 1/8/2014As always, the food is beyond words. The staff is exceptionally attentive. The atmosphere is professional but not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakpioferroDined on 1/8/2014The quality of the meat is excellent. The presentation is Morton's like as they present the available cuts table side. I ordered the Kansas City strip "Pittsburg" and they nailed it. The sides are very good, but clearly not the stars that the meat is. My friends split the 7 layer chocolate and they said it was fantastic. I went for a business dinner, and I'm looking forward to taking my wife soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changesjoko73Dined on 1/7/2014Have been a customer since the restaurant opened. It is not as good as it used to be. Food is good, menu changed, prices are too relatively high. Service, not as attentive as it was over the years - personnel changes, maybe management attitude. Atmosphere, again, it was a friendly place before, aside from a few old time servers, the new ones are just there. It does not hold up to the standards that should be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty pricey for a just-OK mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2014We weren't impressed with much of anything here. The room itself used to be the men's grill of a modest golf club. A little paint didn't do much to improve it. The food was OK. The meat wasn't especially tasty. The spinach was overpowered by a layer of parmesan. The baked potato was a little burnt. The staff was grumpy.
- Overall excellentscfattyfoodieDined on 1/2/2014Open bickering between Server Hector and Bartender should not happen in front of the guests at an establishment of this caliber. When he wasn't arguing with the bartender he was arguing with Server Alisha. Her demeanor was so affected by the confrontation that other customers were denied her confidence and attention which I received from her prior to the incident. I am sure Hector was just having a bad day, but that can't be allowed to make it to the floor. Also, I would like to give praise to your valet and Server Renae. As a first time patron, I was confused by my surroundings, but the valet was patient and understanding. He allowed me to settle and made sure I was comfortable before leaving.Special Features:
- Quality & ConsistencyCdnFoodieDined on 12/28/2013This was our third visit to Shula's although the first at this location (previous 2 were in Fort Lauderdale). Shula's does not disappoint when it comes to quality of both food and service in either location and it was a welcome reminder of our previous visits. In true American steakhouse style, the portions are enormous - the smallest steak is a 10 ouncer, the largest 48 oz. Side dishes are more than enough for two to share. The green beans were a nice change to the traditional asparagus and mushrooms and the apple cobbler for dessert was delicious. As far as service, this was easily one of the most attentive and accommodating group of servers we have ever had. Relaxed and friendly but also professional and well-trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingKellyDined on 12/28/2013Everything was exceptional. Would definitely go back. You couldn't ask for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceMelissaVIPDined on 12/25/2013Nothing to write home about food was good service was aggressive from wait staff you felt as though they were annoyed to serve you. Decor was high end.Special Features:
- I was born and raised in Miami.dolfandaveDined on 12/21/2013I was born and raised in Miami. I always wanted to eat at your restaurant. With you being closed Sundays it took years for me to get there from my home in Boca Raton. I was greatly disappointed. My uncles steak was dry. The cheese potato's were dri. the mushrooms were chopped the spinash was average the best side dish was the steak fries. The place seemed old and musty. I do not mind paying a $100 per person for a good meal but this was not a pleasant experience. With the exception of the servers witch were hard to understand but they really were pleasant. Sorry I will not be back. I love my Dolphins but not this Reataurant.
- My First Experience @ Don Shula'sFirstTimer58Dined on 12/12/2013I anticipated with great excitement my 'first' visit to Don Shula's Steakhouse. I had heard from others in past years how wonderful it was and that they had the best steaks. Well, no one told me (a newbie at ordering steaks) that you don't ask for it well done. My mistake, but I learned. Of course, afterwards, everyone has told me you should have asked for it medium well at least. I will know on my next visit. My strip was dry and I had to ask for steak sauce to put on it. Other than learning by trial & error, my 'first' experience at Don Shula's Steakhouse was wonderful! I look forward to my next opportunity to visit Don Shula's Steakhouse and truly experience a great juicy tender steak; no more well done for me. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightCuteComensalDined on 12/10/2013From the door, the hostess gave us a very professional and friendly welcome. Our server was just amazing, a smiling and warm woman, she knew how to give an excellent service. And our busser was even better, incredible Cuban guy, he offered an awesome service and even a great small talk. I would love to come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thanksgiving dinner.TerryDined on 11/28/2013Great thanksgiving dinner. We left more stuffed then the turkey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/22/2013We celebrated a special birthday dinner at Shula's and the service was very good while the food was outstanding. We will certainly go back and rate this restaurant very highly of the local steakhouses.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013As always, we had a very good experience. The rating for service was just good, because We waited a very long time to get drink refills. But overall, considering all of the steak houses We could have gone to, we always gravitate Towards Shula's.Special Features:
- Don Shula Day!mikeDined on 11/6/2013Coincidentally, our reservation was on 11/6/13....Don Shula Day...and the coach was there. He was most gracious and allowed a nice picture of my wife and I on her birthday. The food - staek, lobster and scallops were excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite SplurgeMichMLavinDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I first went to Shulas Miami Lakes for the Miami Spice special a few years ago. After that we have been hooked and go at least 3-4 times per year. Its a little bit of a splurge for us but, its our favorite place. From the wine to the steak to the apple cobbler its all delicious.Special Features:
- Great experienceDolphanzDined on 11/2/2013The waitress (Pat) was awesome! The food was good. The Miami Dolphins decor was the BEST! Go Fins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Shula's has lost a lot of its former shine. The food is adequate, the drinks good, the server over the hill but competent. Overall, not significant and overpriced.Special Features:
- I was impressed with the foodJoeaaDined on 10/26/2013I was impressed with the food at all. Ordered Lobster Bisque, not good at all. Steak I ordered, not really seasoned, very bland. It was cooked pretty good, but no flavor.Special Features:
- Past it's primeKinch22VIPDined on 10/25/2013While the food and service were good, the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. It looks like it needs a lot of updating!
- Really NicegreatmealDined on 10/23/2013Great way to celebrate a birthday!! The menu was outstanding. To start, with the perfect margarita, to end with creme brulee for desert, it was a great dining experience. The display and presentation of the different cuts of meat proved to be very helpful. The service was truly outstanding. The birthday gift of a free entree was a treat. Will recommend to others and will do so again myself. Happy Birthday to me!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved open table reservation.belkisDined on 10/19/2013Loved open table reservation. Food was excellent like always. Great staff and awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a must do when we comeKliney1Dined on 10/19/2013Always a must do when we come down! We can't wait to come back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time FavoriteDDKiddDined on 10/5/2013I have been eating at this resturant for years. We go to all the new resturants which are fun but you can't beat the consistancy of Shula's. Not only is the food good (especially if your a beef eater like me from Chicago) the service of the entire staff is very good.Special Features:
- Shula's Steak House Miami LakesgolffanaticDined on 10/5/2013outstanding food and service a meat lovers paradiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've ever had inDavidDined on 9/27/2013Best steak I've ever had in my life. I've eaten all over the world and have been to a wide variety of eaterys. By far the meat was superior. Thanks for the great service and food.Special Features:
- To ExpensivemarkDined on 9/21/2013The service in this restaurant is great. The food for the price is not the tasty at the amount is very little that they serve you for the price they charge. Dont try the key lime pie because all you going to be trying is lime very very very sour. I would not recommend this restaurant to to the fact that they serve such little food and its not that tasty compared to other resturants like the forge, Gordon Biersch, Smith & Wollensky who are pricy but serve enough food and it taste great.
- great food and elegant atmosphere!christineprzdinesDined on 9/20/2013We love the food and Edgar is an amazing waiter! We like sitting by the fire place. The NY Strip, Lobster bisque, and chocolate souffle are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.