Corks at Russian River Vineyards
5700 Gravenstein Hwy North
Forestville, CA 95436Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Corks at Russian River Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.russianrivervineyards.com/
- Phone: 7078873344
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch and Dinner served daily! BRUNCH/LUNCH Weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and on Weekends from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. DINNER 5-8 pm Sunday - Thursday 5-9 pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Todd Davies
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: As one of only five winery based restaurants in California, Corks at Russian River Vineyards is one of Sonoma County's premiere event locations. Our exquisite wine-country cuisine, handcrafted wines, and stunning views make the perfect setting for any event.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Balistreri 7078873344
A word from Corks at Russian River Vineyards
Voted Best Outdoor Dining in Sonoma County 2011 by the North Bay Bohemian! Corks at Russian River Vineyards is the only winery-based restaurant in the Russian River Valley, featuring the seasonal best from local growers and emphasizes organic meats and sustainable agriculture. Our goal is to nourish and delight our guests with cooking grounded in the traditions and ingredients of California Wine Country. We're proud to introduce Todd Davies to our community as Corks Restaurant's new Executive Chef. It's the perfect pairing for both of us. For Todd, it's a chance to cook in Sonoma County's Wine Country where fresh, organic ingredients are plentiful. For Russian River Vineyards in an opportunity to work with a talented chef who values our fine wines and creates dishes that complement the quality and care we put in to our wines. We invite you to an exceptional experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Corks at Russian River Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Forestville ›
Corks at Russian River Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (75)special occasion (48)romantic (46)fit for foodies (44)scenic view (36)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (32)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (1)Show More
- Is it world class?TheColonelVIPDined on 12/3/2013I have eaten here for 44 years, Lately we have owners seem to want to offer a great wine country experience but they must adhere to several basic restaurant ideas. This visit they did not have a wine listed on the menu? if you ran out take it off the menu. I then asked if they offered a champagne cocktail, no they dont do that. We ordered a pork belly dish, mine was almost 50% fat, a pure chunk of fat. Maybe it is supposed to have some but this is not the the good wine country upper-scale restaurant food I expected. Before the main course was brought We had a soup, before we were even half thru here comes the main course. But we have not finished the soup yet! Response , "Oh, do you want me to keep it warm until you are ready?" Well yes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cork's has always been myKeithDined on 11/26/2013Cork's has always been my wife's and my favorite restaurant and we love everything about it! The food is great, the atmosphere is awesome and the service is always outstanding as well as the wine. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- Great Food and Wonderful LocationBugseyGirlDined on 11/23/2013We loved this place, it had great food, the service was friendly and we loved the location. Our service was a bit slow, but not bad. We will definitely come back again and again.Special Features:
- Local spotBarefootincocoDined on 11/19/2013After fine dining in San Francisco and in Healdsburg we found the food to be just average. We liked the local scene, the lively music and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BANDWAY TOO LOUD FOR DINNING IN BARCandyDined on 11/19/2013Exceptional food, exceptional service, exceptional wine. Band was good, but don't serve dinner in the bar. Band too loud and it ruined our dinner conversation and made us very uncomfortable. It was an unfortunate situation and I had so raved to my son and his wife about Corks. They were certainly not impressed with not being able to have conversation during the band playing as it was way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2013Food here was very good, as was the service. Prices seemed a little high though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night locationKaraElizabethDined on 11/16/2013Enjoyed the yummy food & wines at Corks! Was the perfect spot for a date night with my honey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Forestville I wine countryRebeccaVIPDined on 11/15/2013We had a lovely dinner with friends. Food was great, very well prepared, large portions and hot. Flavors were balanced and creative. Service friendly and we could talk to each other without shouting. Very near our cabin in Odd Fellows Recreation Park. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corks has it all going onsherraeDined on 11/12/2013This restaurant at the RRV winery is really a find. The chef has the right sense for what we like in food today; the menu is broad and flexible enough to allow every diner to choose food that suits his/her eating preferences. The patio is lovely: heaters and beautifully lit. The indoor space is attractive/inviting and has tables that feel private in the midst of other people. Our server was a pro: helpful, efficient, good customer interaction, not hovering. The real bargain here is the Tuesday night local winemaker prix fixe dinner--a 3 course for $30 plus a glass of the featured wine. No changes or subs but still amazing. Don't miss the pumpkin bread pudding! Nice selection of wines. The best prices are on the RRV wines they make here.Special Features:
- Perfect autumn dinnermmqcDined on 11/10/2013Corks is situated so that you get a beautiful view of the surrounding hillsides and wineries. The three of us arrived early and the host was very gracious and sat us right away. The restaurant is country style, as the building is old, but it's decorated nicely to give an elegant, comfortable feel. Two of us had the potato parsnip soup, which was delightful. I had the beet salad, which was a tiny bit spicy, but OK. For the main course, I had the lamb shank, which was tender and delicious. It came with roasted brussel sprouts and other vegetables, which were overcooked. My dinner partners both had pasta dishes, which they said were delicious. The bread was served warm and it was fresh and "moorish." (I want want more of that)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious CuisineBirthdayDined on 10/22/2013The food was just superb and portions generous. The service staff was very helpful and so happy to please. The music was pleasant and did not overwhelm the environment so we were all able to enjoy each others conversation. Everyone in our group plans to return with others to share our "find".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rustic elegance :-)lcogganDined on 10/19/2013Cork's at Russian River Vineyards is tucked away in Forestville, Ca (Sonoma County). It is a beautiful place to dine outdoors with sunlight filtered through majestic redwoods and surrounded by vineyards in all their spectacular autumnal colors. The food is simple but very good, prices are a bit pricey but worth it. Staff is friendly, pleasant, and very attentive. All in all one of my favorite places, would highly recommend this place to anyone foody or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Trip!jonesdljsfVIPDined on 10/12/2013Drove up to the Russian River on a Saturday afternoon and stopped to try Corks. It was well worth it, everything was outstanding. The lamb, ravioli, beet salad and heirloom tomato soup were all excellent. However, the best part was the service, Polly was a great server who really knew the menu and made sure we enjoyed it all. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysRollie22Dined on 10/12/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants; the food and service is consistently excellent. We enjoy dining in the enclosed patio which gives you the feel of the outdoors without the elements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our brunch on Sunday,enjoyedsusannaDined on 10/6/2013Loved our brunch on Sunday,enjoyed outdoor seating, food was great and our waiter was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice meal under the starsBurghardtVIPDined on 10/5/2013This restaurant keeps improving. There was a soup special that stopped conversation at the table. We had the server repeat the ingredients, everyone nodded yet it all added up to something so unique that we wanted to cancel everyhing else and eat whatever was left in the soup kettle in the kitchen. Somebody knows what they're doing back there, that just doesn't magically occur. Everything was very good and they have bumped up the level of service since the last visit. They're starting to mesh, acting as a team and it's very nice to see. This could really turn into one of those speical wine country places you can't miss. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice place with patio dining.BobbieDined on 10/4/2013Nice place with patio dining. Food was very good, service was good.Special Features:
- Very nice outdoor dining.....hulamomDined on 9/28/2013We went to Cork's for a late lunch. we shared the Fish & Chips and they were very good. The Resident dog, Chester was wonderful. no begging, but he just lay down next to us almost the whole time we were there. Very nice touch. The only thing we didn't like was the woman singing. The band was wonderful, they played really nice low volume music for about twenty minutes then the woman came out and started singing. she was awful. She couldn't carry a tune. That really ruined what started to be a nice romantic lunch with my husband. I would like to go back for lunch or dinner sometime, but not if she is there. I just couldn't take her voice again. Other than that, Corks is very nice.Special Features:
- Relaxed but high endThegangDined on 9/27/2013A place you can go to in casual clothes but have a 5 star dinner. Love that you can eat inside or outside, staff is friendly and food ingredients are local/fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining in the Redwoods!!!jakmDined on 9/14/2013Haven't been to this location when since it became "Corks" but bid and won an auction gift certificate and was excited to try it. We did not care, but I wanted to mention it does not have a full bar for those who want this option. The outdoor seating is what has always drawn me to this location. We had excellent appetizers but the entrees were exquisite; my DH had the lamb meatballs (I got a tiny taste...yummm) and I had the steak cooked in a "coffee crust"....divine perfection. Service was excellent and low key (we like to take our time....thank you Polly).....we WILL be back to try other things since we live 5 minutes away and love outdoor dining....a treat and a treasure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceWinefanDined on 9/13/2013We celebrated my husband's 60th birthday at Corks. Dawn, our waitress was fantastic. She advised us to share starters as they were large portions and they were very large! We had the calamari which was a little disappointing, the breadcrumbs were very thick and overpowered the calamari and made it quite dry. I had the steak main and it was superb. When I made the booking, I did include a message to the restaurant asking whether they did anything special for birthdays. I had no response so I called and was told "you get a free dessert". I was hoping for something a little more imaginative but it was better than nothing. Overall I was happy but I did feel that for the price, they could have made a bit more effort for our special occasion.Special Features:
- I commend the staff for doingWedontneednonicknamesVIPDined on 9/8/2013I commend the staff for doing a great job with a bunch of persnickety senior citizens and splitting the check four times(not my idea).Food was great for brunch.Service was fairly prompt with a big order all at once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They let their dog lay righteatoutDined on 9/4/2013They let their dog lay right close to the table we were eating at, outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualscamperwillowDined on 8/31/2013We had a group of 10 including a couple of kids. Sat outside. Delightful.
- Couldn't get any betterAwiseroneDined on 8/31/2013We visited 11 wineries and ate in a lot of different restaurants. By far the food was delicious and pretty, the live music was the perfect volume so we could hear it, yet visit still. The wine was better to us than the other places we went. We loved the deck and tables we sat at. Our servers were knowledgable and helpful. Our group wants to make a trip every year to wine country, we won't miss "Corks" when we come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and charming dinnershesthecheeseVIPDined on 8/30/2013We had a lovely dinner on the patio at Corks. At first it was a little chilly and we were reluctantly going to head inside to eat, but then one of the servers offered us a heat lamp and that warmed things up to a perfect temperature. The patio is a beautiful place to sit, surrounded by trees, and we were happy that there were no mosquiots or bugs (our reservation was at 8:30 pm.) Our server Yarrow was always there when we needed something, and did an excellent job. She was friendly but not overbearing and was able to answer all our questions about the menu. The cornmeal crust on the calamari was a nice touch, and the calamari were cooked perfectly. We also had the chicken with farro, which was decent, and the ribs, which were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was all fresh andParishDined on 8/24/2013The food was all fresh and the meal was delicious! Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, Rustic, and Friendlywe2lovefoodDined on 8/21/2013Corks at Russian River Vineyards is a warm, rustic, relaxed and friendly atmosphere in a beautiful setting. During our visit, the staff was friendly, and the service was excellent! The food was good too - much different than what we'd normally eat - very organic and earthy taste and feel. I recommend sitting outside or in the garden room if chilly, which has views of the outside grounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fare & Romantic AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2013We've dined at great restaurants in Sonoma County including Corks, Willow Wood and Dry Creek Kitchen. Hands down, Corks is our favorite. Appetizers (mushroom soup, spring salad w/ sherry vinaigrette) and entrees (roasted salmon, pork chops and braised lamb shank) are mouthwatering. Desserts (meyer lemon cheesecake, Parisienne and dark chocolate truffle) are sublime. The servers are terrific (thank you, Polly) and the outdoor seating is a must. It's also very kid friendly. Our 6 y/o loves the food and enjoys playing outdoors near the antique truck and visiting the chickens with their foppish hairdos. We can't wait for our next trip to Sonoma County and dining at Corks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, friendly staff. TimelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2013Great, friendly staff. Timely service. Very fresh ingredients! Loved the paired wines listed in the menu. Great dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSawemoffDined on 8/9/2013The food was great. The staff was attentive amd was an overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- We were served by severalRevlimiterVIPDined on 8/4/2013We were served by several differnt servers, none were good. Restaaurant wasn't busy for brunch. We made reservations for eight and were seated at a table for ten. Food was good, singer was good, chef came by but all was overshadowed by poor and slow service.Special Features:
- Wonder EveningBobJDined on 8/2/2013The out door patio is one of the best dining experiences we've had because of its ambience. The menu is limited but the food was good and in the gourmet class. They do not have a children's, menu but they went out of their way to accommodate our 5 year old guest. Our group totally enjoyed the evening and if your decide to go, please say "HI" to Chester for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Dinner EverHappyHusbandDined on 7/26/2013My wife and I celebrated or 44th wedding anniversary by having dinner at the Corks restaurant. It was the best dinner we have had in years. My wife really enjoyed her steak and the lamb shank was "falling off the bone" good. Wine list is well rounded and reasonably priced. We will be returning for our 45th anniversary and any other reason we can come up with to just go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBingbingDined on 7/25/2013Went here on spur of the moment when another restaurant gave us "the table no one else wanted" despite a six month reservation. P Moods improved greatly with friendly service and diverse menu. Opted for vegetarian dishes (not our usual M.O.) because all produce home or local grown. Both dishes wonderful and very original. Highly recommend dining outside, which we didn't because was cool and we weren't dressed for that. Great patio with fun art around. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerrain1845Dined on 7/25/2013A friend and I went to dinner at Corks to celebrate our birthdays which are one day apart. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and the service was excellent. The food was exceptional. When we told our waiter we were celebrating our birthdays, we got dessert for free. And wonderful dessert it was! Corks has the best outdoor dining in Sonoma County. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch at CorksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2013We enjoyed a wonderful and relaxing lunch at Corks. Our server, Dawn, was awesome! She really gave us attentive and personal service, plus the food and wine were fab!! We'll be back!Special Features:
- A mixed eveningBurghardtVIPDined on 7/22/2013The outdoor dining area is really a wonderful place to dine, been here many times. There was nothing wrong with the food, everything was very good. I just wonder if anyone has actually trained the wait staff. They're very pleasant and completely absent. They could have sold us at least two more bottles of wine if they just would have shown up occassionally. We actually had to ask someone to find out waiter so we could initially order when we sat down. We like this place very much and want to see them survive. Someone needs to do something with the staff or people are just not going to return.Special Features:
- We just like this place! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013We just like this place! We enjoy the eating outside,enjoy Chester wandering around and an interesting menu.Special Features:
- All greatBlakeDined on 7/17/2013service was great, food was creative and delicious. would definitely consider coming back if we were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.