The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
6119 Tulane Ave
Glen Echo, MD 20812Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.irishinnglenecho.com/
- Phone: 3012296600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5pm;
Weekend Brunch: 11:00am - 5pm (breakfast dishes until 2:30pm);
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pub/Patio open all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Ted Hughes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site catering and large to-go catering options available
- Private Party Facilities: Six private dining rooms for parties of 6-100 people. The Irish Inn offers sit down, cocktail and buffet events for groups of all sizes...perfect for Weddings, Birthdays, Office Functions, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Funeral Receptions, Anniversaries, Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Barry Nolan 3012296600x
- Entertainment: Live Traditional Irish Music on Mondays 7pm-10pm , Live Jazz Music on Sundays 5:30pm-8:30pm, The 19th Street Band every other Wednesday - see website for dates. www.irishinnglenecho.com
Live Jazz on Sundays 5.30pm-8.30pm
See website for upcoming events
- Special Events: Check out our website for upcoming holiday menus and special opening hours
- Cross Street: MacArthur Blvd
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk from Glen Echo bus stop
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The Irish Inn offers a large private parking lot just off Mc Aurthur Blvd & Tulane Ave. They also offer Complimentary Valet Wed - Fri Nights, All day Sat & Sun, and all holidays. Complimentary Valet for large events is also provided. Parking is always easy.
A word from The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo has plenty of history...from a family home in the 30's to a biker bar in 80's..The Inn at Glen Echo in the 90's...It's seen it all. This country Bar & Restaurant has a neighborhood feel, only a short distance from DC and Bethesda. Re-Opened in 2003 as The Irish Inn at Glen Echo offers great food, wine and atmosphere in a quaint setting. The upscale casual menu offers fresh seafood, hearty meats and the best Irish fare guaranteed. Whether you're in the mood for a delicious Lamb Chops or Steaks or a Traditional Shepherd's Pie....or a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or our Daily Fresh Catch, The Irish Inn has it all. The Irish Inn combines a traditional Irish Pub with a white table cloth restaurant, complimentary valet and 6 private dining rooms, perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)great for outdoor dining (64)great for lunch (57)great for brunch (52)special occasion (34)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (21)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (15)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Good but darkCappieDined on 2/20/2014Food and service were fine, but I always have the impression of a dark venue. I wonder if the owners might consider some brighter lighting?Special Features:
- We love the relaxed atmosphere.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We love the relaxed atmosphere...........we can sit and chat with friends and not feel rushed to turn a table. We have been for brunch and dinner and have always liked the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brie and leek tart was coldRichVIPDined on 2/16/2014Brie and leek tart was cold -- not lukewarm, but cold, with chunks of brie that had never been melted.
- Valentine's Day at the Irish InnBarbVIPDined on 2/14/2014The Irish Inn is our favorite place to go for Valentine's Day dinner. It's never overbooked and you don't feel rushed. We started with a drink at the bar and then went to our table. The prix fixe menu is reasonably priced for three courses and the food is always delicious!Special Features:
- Interesting vegetable dishes:BananasVIPDined on 2/7/2014Interesting vegetable dishes: a great curried-cauliflower/apple salad and a fantastic eggplant over spaghetti squash entree.Special Features:
- great atmosphereimsachaDined on 2/7/2014We had a great lunch! I had requested a quiet table and we got a really nice and quiet table. The food was good and the service was perfect. We had time to enjoy ourselves and the lunch fully. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- This neighborhood gem delivers!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014Warm and welcoming from the moment you step in, this pub takes you back in time. Casual and comfortable. The menu offers traditional Irish pub fare yet some more modern twists are on the menu to accommodate everyone's taste buds. I had the turkey burger in a pita with a side salad. It so delicious! Warm fresh pita with just a perfect combination of tzatziki and lettuce to add the right amount of tang and crunch. The side of mango chutney was a perfect compliment. The side salad was properly dressed and seasoned. Just a perfect meal. It can be a bit busy and loud on the bar side and the more traditional dining room can provide a more quiet atmosphere for a business function or a romantic dinner. Is it a local favorite and I can see why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerrobertadcVIPDined on 2/1/2014We were disappointed in our dinner this past Saturday at the Irish Inn. The service was excellent but my beef stew was dry and my friend's salmon entree was surprisingly small. While we wanted dessert, the noise level caused us not to linger. I have enjoyed many a pub lunch at the Irish Inn. Perhaps this is a restaurant that is best during day light hours.
- Everything was very nice exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2014Everything was very nice except for the snippy attitude of the bartender when I tried to discuss a problem with her.
- Best service everOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2014I rarely write reviews but the service at the Irish Inn was extraordinary. They were so friendly and attentive, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere relaxing. I can't say enough good things about the waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food; Caring managersJerryDined on 1/19/2014I love this place and eat here often. They should teach Customer Service to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the fact that the InnRKBPmacDined on 1/18/2014I like the fact that the Inn at Glen Echo has invested in the property and turned it into a real little gem on MacArthur Blvd. Food was about average as I had the corned beef and cabbage, and my wife had the rockfish special (overpriced at $27 and nothing special). We both agreed at the end of the meal that next time we'll stick to pub food in the pub. Great waitress, however, who helped me try to figure out how to order the hot Irish mustard that we were served and she was very patient in working on wine recommendations (sorry didn't catch her name, but she sounded Irish at times). I'd definitely go back for the beer and the pub ambience. All in all a great place to hang out particularly when the weather's good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemirishinnmateVIPDined on 1/17/2014The Irish Inn is an oasis of warm welcomes, good food and friendly service. Try it and I am sure you will come back again and again. It is special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Reliable!PeeKayDined on 1/16/2014A long time friend was finally coming to DC for a short visit, and we wanted a place to catch up over great food. The Irish Inn delivered. The service was friendly and food was excellent. We stayed for a while talking in the comfy ambience and never felt we overstayed. Thank you for memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 3rd time there. SomehowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014My 3rd time there. Somehow the Guinness Beef Stew only ok this time, but the Corned Beef and Cabbage was still good. Took about an hour for our food. The waitress thanked us for our patience. We were with another couple, so we were at least content visiting, but would have preferred eating sooner. Charming: seems to be a converted old house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of IrelandPotomac90Dined on 1/11/2014Great place tucked away in Glen Echo, Maryland. Good selection of lunch dishes with an Irish touch. We ate in the Pub and it was a friendly, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Evelaminator10VIPDined on 12/31/2013We are regulars but were surprised how well Irish Inn did the New Year's Eve bit. The entire staff was really on their game! Price fix menu was excellent, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewsiggieDined on 12/31/2013The Irish Inn charms you with its small intimate setting where you get very personalized attention and the food is delicious. The new years evening setting was early at 6:30. We enjoyed a 2 hr meal. The fixed price for the 3 course meal with champagne was reasonable. The Gallway special was original and very delicious. The lamb and filet mignon was tender and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun family get togetherPandaDined on 12/29/2013The food was good and the service was fair, but the place has a funny smell, like old carpet. We had a good time and everyone was happy with their food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeirishinnmateVIPDined on 12/20/2013The Guinness beef stew and the mussels were outstanding during our most recent visit for lunch. The Inn is a gem. Anyone who doesn't like the inn doesn't like good food, a good time and good service. Inparticular like the pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gourmet Irish Food!DCfoodie13Dined on 12/19/2013I have eaten at the Irish Inn at Glen Echo many times. The bar is fun and rowdy while the restaurant is white table cloth and elegant. The wait staff is very friendly. The food is always excellent - my favorite is the Shepard's Pie and there is a lot of variety on the menu. There is free valet parking and a great outdoor space during the warmer weather.Special Features:
- A place I return to again and againGussDined on 12/17/2013This restaurant has become my go-to lunch location whenever I need a restaurant that's convenient to both Maryland and Virginia. The setting is beautiful, the food is wonderful and the service is exceptional. And the prices are very reasonable. I'm determined to dine at the Irish Inn at Glen Echo some evening when they have Irish entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnHoovDined on 12/15/2013The Inn at Glen Echo is a nice meeting place for people around the Beltway. The food is decent but I would not go there for the food. ItSpecial Features:
- Terrific food and atmosphere,utuathailVIPDined on 12/9/2013Terrific food and atmosphere, professional wait staff and the best Guinness in town. Lively and packed bar scene with live Irish band. I highly recommend The Irsh Inn at Glen Echo for all occassions.Special Features:
- Old FriendPeterVIPDined on 12/7/2013We really enjoy visiting the Irish Inn. The kitchen reliably turns out really good food at a fair price, the staff are prompt and friendly, the location is quaint and the bar scene, through the doorway on the left, is relaxed and busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here on numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013We have been here on numerous occasions and were extremely disappointed by the service this time. Our table was the first to be seated at 11am and tables who arrived much later than we had their orders taken first. Our waiter didn't even acknowledge our table for 15 minutes. We almost got up and left. Thankfully, the food was MUCH better than the service.Special Features:
- The crowd was "elderly" -RexilannaVIPDined on 12/4/2013The crowd was "elderly" - over 60 - and the service wasn't great, but it's a convenient and interesting location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely Thanksgiving mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Irish Inn served a lovely Thanksgiving meal. I have never had a bad meal here whether I was going into the pub for some traditional pub food or in the dining room for a special dinner, it is always very good. We were in the upstairs room for Thanksgiving so it was charming and quiet and the food was very tasty. The server was very attentive, but thankfully he wasn't overly so and allowed us to enjoy our meal without asking every ten minutes whether we needed anything. This was a blessing for a Thanksgiving meal. It was a wonderful relaxing Thanksgiving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sure BeteatwellVIPDined on 11/27/2013My husband and I have never been disappointed at the Irish Inn! Food, service, ambiance are always great. We enjoy dining there.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningNancsterDined on 11/22/2013We booked and had a very quiet corner of the second floor. The staff was welcoming and the food was good. We're new to Glen Echo and it's great to find a warm welcome at what could become our new local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem minutes from Ellicott CityShelissaDined on 11/21/2013My husband and I had dinner at The Elkridge Furnace Inn for the first time last night. Let me say it was beyond wonderful! To start the waiter brought us a little delight from the chef while we waited for our appetizers. Delish! The filet and crab cakes are perfection, the service personable and they anticipated our every need. We finished off with the pumpkin cheesecake. Writing this makes my mouth water...the dessert was scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not stellarFoodSnobsDined on 11/20/2013Lunch was pleasant even if I felt the server was a bit inattentive. My impression is that perhaps they have too many tables per waitstaff and she was stretched too thin, but am not certain. It was rather noisy in our location but we hung close by the table corner and were able to hear one another. I enjoyed the shrimp/squash/pearl couscous lunch special and my friend thought the Irish cheeseburger was pretty tasty. Not disappointing but also not a place I think I'll rush back to.
- nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013The service was good and all the meat was very tender. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as always!eatwellVIPDined on 11/9/2013The early Saturday lunch of corned beef hash and poached eggs hit the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irishinmateirishinnmateVIPDined on 11/8/2013The inn is a pleasant place for lunch with a friend, which I do regularly. On the latest visit, I had the Guinness beef stew and a Guinness draft. It was great comfort food on a chilly day. My friend had swordfish and concluded, after he had eaten all of it, that it maybe was a bit rarer then he likes it. But he added it was still very good. I got ton the inn a lot because I like it we lot--friendly staff, owners and customers. A pleasant, warm place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet neighborhood dinnerCaroleDined on 11/1/2013We had a nice dinner with another couple and were pleased that it was quiet with a nice ambiance. Our server was professional, pleasant and accommodating. Another pleasant and good experience at the Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish InnmateirishinnmateVIPDined on 11/1/2013I have been a regular customer for ten years. I have never been disappointed in a meal, the service or price. The atmosphere is always friendly from the owners down through the staff. It doesn't matter to the Inn whether you are there for a big meal with a group or are by yourself for a happy hour beer. You will be welcomed no matter what. Unfortunately that is all too rare at bars and restaurants these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Irish Inn serves a wonderfulRMillerVADined on 10/29/2013The Irish Inn serves a wonderful lunch and the staff is very attentive. I had my favorite, Shepherd's Pie and it was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish Charm in DC!CeeCeeDined on 10/28/2013This was the first time that we went for the Irish music on Monday night and we really enjoyed it! The food is absolutely lovely - I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Mixed menunewlylocalDined on 10/26/2013I had been to the Irish Inn at Glen Echo once before, several years ago. I remembered it being more of a sophisticated menu than I encountered the other night. I expected the menu to have changed after 3 years, however, it was more of a "mixed menu" than I expected; from burgers/fries and sandwiches to full entrees of lamb or salmon. My husband and I went for a celebratory dinner expecting a more adult crowd. We encountered a full range of ages and I thought the quality of the food not as high as I had recalled. (I am not discounting that it could be my memory!) It was still a pleasant dinner with reasonably good food. My husband had the mussels as an appetizer, and said they were absolutely delicious.The noise level was wonderfully low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.