Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
390 Capistrano Rd.
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/
- Phone: 6507282739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Breakfast: Saturday/Sunday 9am-11:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Gaston Alfaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Parties to Go for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Both indoor and outdoor areas are available for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Hubbert 6502632017
- Entertainment: Live Oceanfront Music & Dancing Friday-Sunday, No Cover!
Additional music events added throughout the year. Music schedule posted on website www.hmbbrewingco.com.
- Special Events: Please check our website for latest event schedule. www.hmbbrewingco.com
A word from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
Recently selected by Men's Fitness as one of America’s Top Ten Craft Breweries, and by Travel + Leisure Magazine as one of America's Best Beach Bars, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is an Oceanfront Restaurant and Micro Brewery offering California coastal cuisine, and handcrafted award winning Mavericks Beers&Ales. The 6,000-square-foot restaurant and bar is reminiscent of a typical California surf shack, a family-friendly, come-as-you-are atmosphere with live weekend music and an expansive, dog-friendly patio area with blazing fire pits to keep patrons warm on the waterfront. Behind the restaurant lie the 1,200 square-foot Mavericks Beer Garden and on-site brewery, where hand-crafted, award-winning Mavericks® Beers & Ales are piped directly to the bar. Located 4 miles north of Half Moon Bay at Pillar Point Harbor and ½ mile from Mavericks, the world-famous big wave surf spot. No bar or patio reservations. Please make reservations 2 hours prior to time requested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)scenic view (24)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Outdoor dining would haveLetsEatVIPDined on 6/20/2008Outdoor dining would have been great on this warm evening but is not available on reservations. Arriving early we waited in the bar for 20 minutes but were never approached to order drinks. There are two main dining rooms inside; the one where we were seated (sans children) seemed to be the nursery, screaming babies and toddlers at nearly every table. The other room seemed to be reserved for adults. Our waitress was attentive and checked on us regularly; she apologized for slow entrees but we were not in a hurry. Beer battered artichoke was a tasty start. Sesame halibut was cooked right and came with 2 good sauces, wasabe & soy based. Fish & chips (mahi-mahi) shared the same light batter as the artichokes. Bread pudding was ok, not great.Special Features:
- key lime pie - nasty - whippedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2008key lime pie - nasty - whipped cream on crust was frozen and it looked and tasted like lemon meringue pie - did NOT get it taken off the bill after complaining - since it was Fathers Day their ads stated: ALL Fathers will receive a "growler" - that is a special beer container with their logo on it. Came to find out - you had to order an entree from the FATHER"S DAY specials to get it - that was not cool.Special Features:
- We went for lunch. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008We went for lunch. It was great to sit outside. They have a nice sheltered patio with a great view and ambiance. The service was quite slow. A lot of people wotking but everyone off in their own little world The appetizers were ok but as far as calamari being their signature item, it shouldn't be. Artickokes were interesting in a good way. If you are a fish taco lover like me, please don't order them here. They were bland, bland, bland. Good fish was used, but even the condiments it was served with and salt didn't help. The chowder was good and beer selection great. Overall, we will try somewhere else next time.
- My friend and I enjoyed tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2008My friend and I enjoyed tasty food and outstanding service in a friendly, scenic atmosphere. We'll be back, for sure!Special Features:
- Good brewery fare with excellentRalphDined on 5/17/2008Good brewery fare with excellent beers, but the service was quite slow even though it was not crowded. View and location are tough to beat...I'll return.Special Features:
- what would help a LOT is forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2008what would help a LOT is for you to note on opentable that they do not take reservations for their patio (the principal attraction on a sunny day). we arrived in time for our 'reservation' and faced a 40 minute wait for a table.Special Features:
- Service was probably the bestYumyumgivemesomeDined on 4/26/2008Service was probably the best thing about here. While the hosts were rude, curt, and unfriendly, our server was friendly and service was timely. Food was average and was below expectations, beers were tasty. Inside dining was quiet, outside area seemed disorganized. Won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- There was a long wait listTisaDined on 3/29/2008There was a long wait list when we arrived. Thanks to our Open Table reservation we were seated promptly and enjoyed great service. Much appreciated with two hungry and tired ten-year-olds!Special Features: